New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I have read my Role PM
again,
and it's really your standard Cop Role PM.

I'm wearing a deerstalker hat. Don't steal it, plz.

And KoC, I really don't don't see how that game relates to this one. Really, not seeing it.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

...what part of "don't fucking lurk like that again" doesn't relate here?
Just me who finds the switch from Krypt's hat to a deerstalker a little incongruous?
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by chkballin »

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK? (CWUTIDIDTHAR) I'm moreso
hoping
you're telling the truth than actually thinking that you are right now; we could use a cop after losing one Night fucking ONE.

~
CHK
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by bvoigt »

chkballin wrote:
bvoigt wrote:The bolded is irrelevant. He was asking why the modkill made you less willing to vote PBuG right off the bat.

Ah, I suppose I allowed that to shoot over my head. The point I'm
attempting
to make here is that the modkill in and of itself changed the direction of D1 -- that's all I was getting at with that particular paragraph; however, what I'm saying overall is that my read on PBuG hasn't changed, I just don't see the point in sheeping the other four that said "welp, lets try this again" and slap my vote on the same person. Instead, I've been spending D2 trying to find new leads, go through new avenues. Y'know... actually scum hunt instead of being secure and happily content with yesterDay's news.

I'd argue that you can place a vote on someone for added pressure, while still scumhunting and going for new information, but whatever. No need to nitpick, I guess.

chkballin wrote:As for the rest? It wasn't directed at you... sorry you don't like the way I play mafia? I dunno, it just seems silly to me that you're sticking your nose where it obviously has no place. You don't know what I'm going for, obviously, so you're trying your hardest to make it look like what I've done isn't productive. Cool story, bro, but it is. I'm creating reads; we obviously have different playstyles. You stick to being content with fluffing and generally not scum-hunting by way of sheeping one-liners with your vote happily parked on me. MEANWHILE, I'm going to actually try to further the game. Thanks for trying to tell me how to mafia, though. Great show of character.

(This is pointless, but it irritated me, so I'm going to respond. Everyone can skip this if they want.) OK, so first you snap at me for "sticking my nose where it obviously has no place," and then you say I'm just "content with fluffing" and "sheeping one-liners." Well, you see, if I don't ever respond to posts that don't directly concern me, all I'll ever do is post fluff and one-liners. Instead, I like to actually try to further the game by responding to my top scumread's post and explaining what makes him scum. Thanks for trying to tell me how to mafia, though.

Actually, maybe it isn't pointless after all. When I respond to a few of chk's points, he doesn't actually address them. Instead, he responds with Ad Hominem, and not even Ad Hom that makes sense. He first criticizes me for butting into several points of his, and then for sheeping and one liners. Apparently he isn't able to legitimately respond to the stuff I brought up.

As for NS's claim, two cops might be unlikely, but I don't really see the scum motivation for claiming cop after one had already flipped.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by 65536 »

chkballin wrote:Thanks for the reply... mastin? Mysterious M is mysterious.

65536 wrote:Heya, this is a Hydra of monk and tarsonisocelot

Deerstalker hat reminds me of a one Sherlock Holmes, maybe that's where he's going with that, though I'd expect a Sherlock esque investigator to be somewhat different to a normal cop, though it does make sense for a second hat and I concur with bvoigt on scum motivation for claiming cop after a copflip
-m
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

65K is a valid abbreviation of our name
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I believe NS's preposterous claim.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by chkballin »

bvoigt wrote:When I respond to a few of chk's points, he doesn't actually address them.

Sexy misrep, bro. Would you like to quote something I've not addressed?

Snap at you? You
really do
have an ego. I'm trying to explain to you in term you can understand that you and I play this game differently. We've done this song and dance the nice way before, bro. Or have you forgotton the game we were both town in where you did this and got me lynched? You don't get the point -- now I see that I've gotten under your skin, maybe now you'll open your eyes.

Then again, probably not.

~
CHK
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by bvoigt »

chkballin wrote:
bvoigt wrote:When I respond to a few of chk's points, he doesn't actually address them.

Sexy misrep, bro. Would you like to quote something I've not addressed?

Snap at you? You
really do
have an ego. I'm trying to explain to you in term you can understand that you and I play this game differently. We've done this song and dance the nice way before, bro. Or have you forgotton the game we were both town in where you did this and got me lynched? You don't get the point -- now I see that I've gotten under your skin, maybe now you'll open your eyes.

Then again, probably not.

~
CHK

I'm talking about the other 3 points here. (Also, are you referring to the game where you self-hammered, or that other game where you self-hammered?)

Just to expand on why scum wouldn't claim cop here-- where's the motivation? Well, maybe it's because he couldn't think of a good reason to explain why he called Celebloki "incredibly town," but then why did he say it the first place? Maybe he (still hypothetical NS-scum) wanted to protect his buddy, or just buddy up to him as town. But it still doesn't make sense to say something like that if you couldn't back it up. NS actually being the cop is a much more likely scenario here.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:41 pm

No worry, NS will be NK'd.

We need not worry about him.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Wraith said he quickly googled hats. I believe the NS claim and not just because it clears me. I still think chkballin is the best lynch. Palisade should shoot parabollocks. Votes stating on chkballin.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

DGB. Come on.
green shirt thursdays
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:47 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:DGB. Come on.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

what can I do for you?

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You are buying NS's load of shit.
green shirt thursdays
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:You are buying NS's load of shit.

Why shouldn't I?

Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Palisade »

Celebloki wrote:Wraith said he quickly googled hats. I believe the NS claim and not just because it clears me. I still think chkballin is the best lynch. Palisade should shoot parabollocks. Votes stating on chkballin.

This reminded me of something I've been meaning to say for a while.

We do not intend to be manipulated.

We will accept advice, opinions, and recommendations. But we
do not trust
ANY
of you.
We will be making OUR OWN decisions on who to vig, and discussing it amongst ourselves. We will collect, analyze, and distill the evidence against the vig candidates and choose who we think most likely to be scum. We will always, however, provide an explanation of those choices after the fact, and (not speaking for my partner here) I am willing to share who I am currently leaning towards.

Tonight we will be vigging KoC, unless he is lynched. If KoC is lynched, we'll have a tougher choice, but I am personally leaning towards Parabollocks, chkballin and NS on the outside.

Regarding NS, the point has been made that the claim is too ridiculous to be fake...but he KNOWS it won't be cc'd, he was under no pressure to do so, his claimed innocent wasn't actually heading for the gallows in any kind of hurry, and the WIFOM of claiming cop with one already dead is perfect.

Should have claimed Deputy, the kind that receives the original Cop's results when activated. I'd have believed that.

-RedHead
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:You are buying NS's load of Smurf.

Why shouldn't I?

This.

@Palliside - I'm fine with you shooting who you want to shoot - but you're not shooting NS, that is a very dumb idea. I'm fine with your other listed thoughts, but will hate you forever if you shoot NS tonight.

Let's see, who has there vote somewhere useless;

NobodySpecial (2): Palisade, xRECKONERx
PBuG (2): Knight of Cydonia
jilynne1991 (1): Parabollocks
Palisade (1): Taro

Noting Voting (4): Zebronic, PeregrineV, NobodySpecial, sanchocolates

These players are all terrible and should either be screaming a lot more or actually using their votes in a way that is useful.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Palisade wrote:But we
do not trust
ANY
of you.

Also, seriously - get some town reads.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

RABBLE
green shirt thursdays
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:You are buying NS's load of shit.

Why shouldn't I?

shit.

Duh.

Palisade, you might as well just up and claim SK right now. Coming out as the Vig, but then refusing to take advice? And yes, I can see you saying there
We will accept advice, opinions, and recommendations.

but when you then follow that up with
But we do not trust ANY of you. We will be making OUR OWN decisions on who to vig, and discussing it amongst ourselves.

it really makes your true intentions - to kill who the fuck you feel like to further your own ends - pretty fucking clear.

Pedit - yeah, you're right, I should have my vote somewhere else.
unvote; Vote: Nobody Special

Not buying his "second cop" bollocks, not buying his outing himself at a whole 2 votes, not buying him randomly outing his clear, not buying any of his sack of shit.

Reck, SC38 is over in GD.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Really like the KoC lynch - just saying.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by TBuG »

Okay, for fuck's sake, lynching a claimed cop is so inherently retarded I don't know where to start. Let his results discredit him if he's lying instead of outright lynching him. He DID NOT CLAIM ANYTHING RANDOMLY. There was the initial breadcrumb which was not particularly obvious; he re-emphasized this when the Celebloki wagon was forming and picking up.

Additionally, Palisade is saying nothing wrong. In the game of mafia it is implicit that we do not outright trust anyone aside from ourselves until we have evidence to convince us that someone else is 100% town. The only person who may have that evidence on
anyone
right now is NS if he's telling the truth. Don't bitch out Palisade for stating implicitly that they don't trust anyone else to make the decision for them. We can figure out later whether or not they're a SK.

chk's recent posts (aside from 956 which is a fluffy failantagonism of one of my top town reads) are making me like my vote on chkballin less. I need to stop letting myself be swayed from the person I'm consistently sure is scum, and KoC's last post is incredibly
incredibly
scummy and makes me think he definitely needs a lynch.
Unvote; Vote: Knight of Cydonia
although will still definitely
IGMEOY: chkballin
because I still don't like your posts as a whole.

chkballin wrote:
PBuG wrote:
Vote: Knight of Cydonia
because he spent 90% of his posts on day 1 clamoring for DK's lynch with no other valuable input whatsoever.

So, by this volition, you believe that KoC's clamoring for DK's lynch was valuable imput? lolwut?

Okay, the word other was unnecessary, don't understand why this is a significant post to quote.

chkballin wrote:
PBuG wrote:No other scum reads. None. Has a town read on Celebloki for taking a meta jab at Thor, saying scum wouldn't attempt that - why?

CHK wrote:I don't feel it's the right time to give full reads on the whole playerlist, I just wanted to share some of my stronger reads.

You should at least
try
to look like you're paying attention. This quote is right before our vote on you. As far as my "slighttown" read on Celebloki goes, obviously that's changed... but really? I didn't, at the time, think such a move was scum-motivated nor scum-posted until it was outed that the link was completely and utterly false; to which Cele responds with "My bad".... for real?

Okay, cool, you said that you don't feel it's the right time to give full reads on the whole playerlist, by no means does that render what I said null. You should be giving more scum reads than you did. There is never a wrong time to give reads.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ITT PBuG assumes scum cannot breadcrumb.

If you bitches wanna lynch elsewhere, fine. My vote is staying parked on NS until he's six feet under.

The ONLY way I can buy two cops in a setup is if the scum have some fucking ridiculous amount of power going around -- and really, when you look at what scum roles could be classified as Normal, how much power can they really have? The only way to counterbalance TWO cops would be a fuckload of Godfathers or something.

PS, if Palisade is actually vig (which I pretty much buy at this point), then that almost confirms NS as scum. Only way I could see two cops would be a lot of scum power, or a Serial Killer being in the setup.
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by TBuG »

xRECKONERx wrote:ITT PBuG assumes scum cannot breadcrumb.

Never said they can't breadcrumb, I was addressing the claims that he was just doing it all out of the blue.

Yes, there is a good chance that it's a fakeclaim, but I don't think lynching a claimed cop is in any way, shape, or form a good idea when we have far scummier people we could be lynching.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

@Reck
smh

NS should definitely live for now.
Back to KoC.
To be clear: quack
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:12 am

xRECK is scum.

Hear me now, believe me later.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”