Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Seriously though. Claim, right now. Or I will day kill you. I'm not joking.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Wait,
unvote, vote: zang

why are we voting people for being serious? That seems like the opposite of what town would want to do.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Seriously though. Claim, right now. Or I will day kill you. I'm not joking.
lawl

if you're actually a dayvig you realize that you'll have to use your power today. shoot sleepykrew he's kind of an idiot.

Actually, krew is pretty much the only player who has said something that his given him townie points in my eyes at this point.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It is the opposite of what town would do normally but it's RVS and I ussualy vote someone who's voting seriously as a random vote.

RVS is a myth that is only perpetuated by people who say "uhhh, well, I guess its random voting stage so I don't have to be accountable. If that's your meta, then its a really stupid meta, because what town should be doing is trying to pick up the minuscule information til it leads to better and better information, garnering interactions that will be useful along the way. Which is, by the way, precisely what people who are "being serious" are doing.

By voting for them, you are voting for the players who are doing the most town thing possible at this stage of the game, and that is just wildly incoherent at best. So, yeah, my votes on you, bub. Better vote me because I'm "being serious."

And what's that?

Don't feel particularly inclined to tell you right now. It might be more beneficial if you told me what you think I could be referring to, at least then I'd know you were paying attention instead of just coasting off of others.

Really, your read off of me is more important than me telling you the tiny little something I've picked up on one player right now, so active involvement in the game, plox.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

should be an end quote at the end of accountable. My apologies for any readability issues.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Mainly because there's pretty much nothing in what Sleepy's posted that could possibly cause a townread other than voting me because I'm not RVSing, saying that Chronos is sheeping, or that Chronos and I are scumbuddies.

Which of these actions do you read as being more likely to come from a townie, from a scummie, and have no role connotations to you whatsoever?

Sorry, but no, you're gonna have to explain what the hell in there constitutes a townread.

No, I really don't.

And OMGZ I'M ASKING FOR EXPLANATIONS I'M TOTALLY GONNA SHEEP!!! Jeez.

First of all, and this is entirely unrelated to the game, but don't say things like "omg I'm going to sheep" That lingoization of the game is really really annoying. But second of all, and much more importantly, when a player has made no comments at all about the game yet, and then asks for information from you, do you feel inclined to give it to them, or do you prefer to try to get them to actually start reading the thread with a critical eye? I know which option I choose.

By sheep, I assume you mean "follow everyone else," but thats not really what I was saying at all. In order to get the game to a more manageable level of information, its important that players be analyzing and discussing things, not just posting "lolwut." Which is all I've seen you do so far. I mean, seriously, you haven't even voted yet. All you've done is comment on a (very mediocre) song, refused to vote to get the game to a point where we know what is going on, and then ask ME for information. I'm saying play the game, gosh darnit.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

no, see, I don't. vote me if you don't like it. It'd be worth having your vote on me just so that you've done something game relevant. Vague threats like "you're looking a little scummy in my book because you overreacted to a simple question." are not something I care about.

its not an overreaction. The point of the game is interacting. Commenting on a band and not voting, then posting "what?" are not interacting. If you think thats overreacting, then thats fine by me, but you notice my votes not on you, right? That's because you haven't done anything yet but fly off the handle when I refused to give you the skinny on a slight town read i had. So, basically, me getting a read on you is impossible til you DO something. This is what I am trying to get you to do, so that I can read you. that's not overreacting, thats called playing mafia.

zang, I will get to you later.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

you guys are silly. :)

I would note right now I'm at three from lynch, just for everyone scoring at home. I'm gunna let a few other players post in the meanwhile, then I'm gunna post some analysis. :)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

thats too bad, mate. I was really looking forward to playing a game with you. :( We all get burnt out sometimes though, and when it happens, it happens. Hope to see you back eventually.

As to the game, sorry guys, but as you can see by this little cake by my name I'm having a birthday, so yesterday was busy and tomorrow will include copious amounts of drunk, so you probably wouldnt want me to post analysis anyway. But, I'll be back after that rather pleasant interruption. :)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

sorry, got caught up in some things. I will have a detailed read up tomorrow, I've been working on it. If its not up by then feel free to vote for me until I post it.

Scouts honor, guys.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I said if I didnt get it up today... What the hell...

Either way, I'm really sorry guys, life is hitting hard this week, my brother just got out of the hospital. I thought some pressure would help me get it posted. If I don't get it up tomorrow I am going to request replacement. I am really sorry, real life sucks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Stream of conciousness thoughts:

I guess the place to start here is to finally explain the comment I made about krew's townieness. it's a small thing, as can be expected this early in the game. Remember I said "the only townie thing thus far." Post 14, right out of the bat, is a very townie post. At the beginning of the game, a
townie should be working to maximize every little opportunity to create information. Krew does that by escuing a random vote, and voting for
something of substance really early. It is not in scums best interest, usually, to take an active role in ending the randomness that usually defines
the early part of the game. Therefore, krew's 14 reads deliciously townie to me.

Lord chronos' 15, however, strikes me as wrong, conditionally. If he's talking about krew's out of game behavior, then I can see voting early for him
in game, but based on his one post, the claim "I don't like you right now" reads completely false.

Jedo votes for me, which seems to be a null tell. It's often the case that rather then scumhunting weaker players tend to vote for those players who are making themselves most prominent, rather than those who are actually acting in ways that don't help the town, and I certainly was
attracting attention to myself page one. However, scum do this too because they don't know how to look for scum when they know who they are. This merits further watching, but alone it means nothing.

My discussion with zang has been well documented. if that is his meta it is exceedingly stupid, if it isn't, he's scum. He could still be scum anyway, one of the main reasons to cultivate a deliberately anti-town meta is to be able to get away with doing anti town things when scum. I like my vote on him

UTs 26 is off to me. Earlier he suggested that I dk krew, which, was probably a joke, but when I responded seriously, instead of admitting that it was a joke and moving on, he simply said "I never said he was scum." i don't get that, are you claiming that you want me to day vig a player you don't see as scum? That is senseless.

voidedmafia's 30 would be fine...Asking for why a player holds opinions is almost always good but as I discussed in depth, it was literally the only thing he'd done up to that point in the game, which is a major problem. The subsequent back and forth I had with him about it showcases the point pretty well, in my opinion, and I think the fact that he had, up to that point, declined to vote and then tried to piggy back on others analysis He even had to be goaded by me into voting me for not sharing I'm going to come back to this later.

Jedo the jedi tells us there is a good chance that they are both town, and is voting me. Now, this comment was jumped on by LC, and i think rightfully so. Jedo, has, subsequently, claimed that he made the comment based on simple probabilities. If this is so, it is a worthless comment to make. it is literally always true. taken through this lens, and taken with the content jedo gave us before where he voted for a player for being the most visable rather than being the most anti-town, I think its safe to say that Jedo is trying to look like he's scum hunting, rather than actually scum hunting. It is true that scum is less often hung day one then town, but that is not a reason to resign yourself to a town lynch day one, which is what it seems he's advocating. I would be very interested in seeing jedo swing today.

PBug gets me. :)

post 80 by skrew is bad bad bad scumsuckscummy. note the subtle change in language "now has it occurred to you that maybe tsq has a reason for not telling the town why I'm town?" That's weasel words, folks. I never said that krew was town. I said he had done the most town thing I'd seen so far on early day 1. Those two statements are so vastly different that it is astounding. Here he is also implying that I might have some role based info that says he is town, and this is at best trying to give himself undeserved townie points and at worst role fishing.
Major FOS: Krew here.

Zangs 83: "4. I don't see why TSQ or anybody else would have any reason for witholding information from the town. This also doesn't answer my question, why do you think he is town." There are reasons. In this case, my reason was because I thought the discussion about me and krew would be more valuable at the early stages of the game then I thought me saying "he broke out of the randomness" early would be. Furthermore, I wanted to get voided to comment more on the game, which, I will note, he still hasn't done, other than to keep calling for me to tell him what I saw he has provided close to zero analysis on the game so far, just responded when he is attacked, and asked me to present him with things he's not searching for himself.

The IS/LC-Voided interaction is interesting. Don't know what I think about it just yet.

Krew's post 96 is also an awful, whiney "woe is me post." However, both townies and scummies have been known to use appeals to emotion when they are being pressured.

Note very carefully my post 102 and the posts that followed it. I say that I will try to get my analysis up by a certain day, and that people should
vote for me after that because the pressure might help. Voided mafia and small people (another who has done next to nothing the whole game) jump right on it without even giving me the time period I asked for. its almost as if they were hoping I'd get rung up before I could post it.

Voided gets a little better on page 5, but still, mostly it is a catalyst coming from being pressured by IS. He is not doing anything this game but defending himself. not scumhunting at all.

I would be interested in seeing any of voidedmafia, zedo, krew, or smallpeoples to swing today. I'm pretty flexible. I could probably be convinced of zang as well. Probably the order I find people scummy is Voided, small, zedo, krew. Subsequently, I think a
vote: Voided
is in order.

sorry that took so long to get up, folks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #138 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

random voting stage only exists if we let it exist. That is to say if we make people become accountable early on, there isn't a "random voting stage." There is a little bit of randomness in the early game, sure, but a towns job is to minimize that, not embrace it and say "welp, guess nothing matters."

Look at it this way, if I grant, for a moment, that your position is correct, and nothing that happens during "rvs" matters or should be used to call the poster to account, how do we get out of randomness? Like, it would seem to me from that position it would logically follow that everything is random.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #140 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes, but I just woke up so I don't feel like writing a long post at the moment.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #159 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

this whole discussion is weasel words and red herrings. A more interesting question: Voided, do you think he's contributing to the game sufficiently?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Voidedmafia wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:this whole discussion is weasel words and red herrings. A more interesting question: Voided, do you think he's contributing to the game sufficiently?

No, but neither are IS or Sleepy, and Sleepy is currently scummier than both of them right now.

Wait, really? You think IS Sleepy and Writer are all equally not contributing? Please compare and contrast the contributions of the three players in terms of: 1) Opinions shared about other players 2) total posts and 3) total post content.

I think you might change your mind if you did this.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote, vote: smallpeoples343]/b]

I'm liking the interactions I'm having with voided right now.

Peoples, on the other hand, is giving us almost literally nothing, and the fact that I am leery about almost all the people on the Jedo wagon makes me leery about the wagon itself.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #170 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote, vote: smallpeoples343

tag fail.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

IS, what are your opinions of Krew, Peoples, Voided, and Jedo to this point of the game?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

4th posts the charm: Cyberbob where u @
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #250 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'll switch to any of my initial lynch around deadline. Right now that means Jedo.
Vote: Jedo

I suggest you claim, we have 1 day until deadline. The time for grousing today is over, we need to get a claim and get a lynch.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #275 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

by my count he already has been hammered...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #281 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

LordChronos, PBuG, Cyberbob tsq krew ut

just counted up, at L-1
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #283 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Colonel Graff wrote:
(expired on 2011-07-21 23:00:00)

And this was roughly 27 hours ago, right?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #443 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This whole exchange is some of the most unhelpful game dialogue I have ever seen. Stop cluttering the thread with your dick waving, guys. I'm back from my camping excursion, and I do say nikolai as a cop makes very little sense to me, but I am very hesitant to try to outguess the mod. I'm not terrible opposed to either hanging, though.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #464 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote, vote: krew

someone had to put an end to this.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #489 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

2 things briefly:
Why have we descended into mod guessing? That seems counter productive. Second is, really? You think those are the only two people who have done things? That's just straight up not true, mate.

Unrelated note I broke my laptop so all my posts are being done on my phone which is a bitch and a half
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #492 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Internet Stranger wrote:You don't suspect anyone else because no one else has done much of anything. You may or may not be scum, but my point about you being a goon for the scum still stands. They get to sit back and lurk while you bash in the heads of whatever townies are trying to scumhunt. Krew was an idiot yes, but he was our idiot. Stop trying to pigeonhole me as scum for at least part of the day and try to browbeat some others into making some analyzable contributions.

I was referring to this comment
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #494 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

am I reading your comment wrong, bro? To me, it seemed clear that you were saying that his opinion of voting for either you or jedo came down to the fact that you and jedo were the only people who "did anything" yesterday. Is that incorrect?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #500 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sang I'm pretty curious here. You say you are fine with lurkers insofar as they post content when they do post. What are your opinions on the about 4 players in this game who are giving us just one contentless post after another? Why are you not pressuring them?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Please tell me why you thought it advantageous to answer a question to zany that was a sPecific response to comments he made.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #505 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I was attacking a flaw in his logic, not calling for his pressure per de. The fact that you answered for him allows him to in some senses avoid that attack. If sang ever fliPs scum you can probably expect me to look hard at you
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #508 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Is your tunneling is decidedly ::nothelpful::
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #526 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Internet Stranger wrote:I give Zang a big reprimand over ignoring the lurkers and not browbeating them into contributing and you gleefully agreed with me. Then, I do my own browbeating onto Scumwriter for lurking and now youre giving me shit for it?

Inconsistent much?

The two are unrelated. I will have more to say on the subject later when I'm not on this fucking phone. :(

In other news people's wtf: my birthday was 2weeks ago... Are you that far behind?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #528 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean, to be fair, there is a cake by my name because its my scumday, but still that kind of comment is emblematic of the contributions weve gotten from him so far.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #579 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Apologies for the prod guys. What with computer being broken and moving to Chicago in the next few days I'm really busy at the moment. Will read the last few pages and deliver a vote and some opinions in the next day or so. After that I will be vla for a little bit while I settle into my new apt. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”