charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 am

Post by charter »

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record from here on out, but it's page 7 and if you look at Hiplop's posts, it's clear he's not trying to find scum. He's just posting to post. By page 7 you should have formed some more concrete opinions than Hiplop has.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:43 am

Post by hiplop »

There is only one part to it, pappums?
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:43 am

Post by hiplop »

Im more of a end/mid-game guy tbh
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Phoebus »

I'm checking in to say that it's been a busy couple of days. I will catch up tomorrow.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Beck »

hiplop wrote:Im more of a end/mid-game guy tbh

is that how long i have to wait til you finally respond to anything asked you to explain?

You know if I didn't know any better I honestly think you are avoiding my questions.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by hiplop »

what questions?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Beck »

hiplop wrote:what questions?

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3218258

I'm not even sure what snarky means but if it means I get annoyed when people don't respond to my request, yes I'm snarky.

You said charter committed a scumtell in your opinion, however I don't really see you explain what that was. Which is why I asked you to explain your suspicion.
this means I would like you to explain your suspicion better

All I see is you are voting him for his reasons and vote on Pan.

While I disagree with all if charter's reasons for his vote, I don't see how he committed a scum tell.

You also say you made a compromise, can you explain what that was and why you felt you had to make a compromise (or if I mis-interpreted your comment, explain what you meant by it)
please explain this

Lastly, just because a person votes you back , doesn't make it omgus. His post on why he voted to you seemed valid enough negating the omgus.

I personally think you went after charter because he went after a person who kept posting fluff(based off charter's reasons), which is oddly what the last couple of your posts have been.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Budja - what do you think of charter and pappums defense to the case I made?

I feel like only half the people here are actually playing this game. It's frustrating my reads.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Beck »

i may stand alone on this one but ignoring questions again and again is a scum tell to me, you have posted over 40 times since you asked this question elsewhere on site, I don't care if you are in a marathon game or not, if you can't dedicate the time to play in
this
game replace out please.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:29 am

Post by hiplop »

Beck wrote:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3218258

I'm not even sure what snarky means but if it means I get annoyed when people don't respond to my request, yes I'm snarky.

You said charter committed a scumtell in your opinion, however I don't really see you explain what that was. Which is why I asked you to explain your suspicion.
this means I would like you to explain your suspicion better

All I see is you are voting him for his reasons and vote on Pan.

While I disagree with all if charter's reasons for his vote, I don't see how he committed a scum tell.

You also say you made a compromise, can you explain what that was and why you felt you had to make a compromise (or if I mis-interpreted your comment, explain what you meant by it)
please explain this

Lastly, just because a person votes you back , doesn't make it omgus. His post on why he voted to you seemed valid enough negating the omgus.

I personally think you went after charter because he went after a person who kept posting fluff(based off charter's reasons), which is oddly what the last couple of your posts have been.

KK ill post it after my marathon.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

6th Vote Count of Day 1:

Panacea - 2 (Phoebus, pappums rat)
Hiplop - 2 (Beck, charter)
pammums rat - 2 (VP Baltar, Budja)
Charter - 1 (Hiplop)
Beck - 1 (Juls)

Not voting (Panacea)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day One will end no later than Monday July 25th at 6:30PM CST
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by hiplop »

1) Hes just not being sincerere, hes targetting someone full on for no real reason besides newbility. Just grasping for straws

2) IDK what you mean by that. I dont want to go on a huge wagon and charter seems scummy to me
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Unvote

Vote hiplop

charter never targeted anyone for being a noob, he has good reason to suspect Panacea and now I can see that he has good reason to suspect you as well. You are completely twisting things around, making terrible arguments and backing them with even worse logic. I would like you to answer a few questions for me if you would:

1. In what way is charter not being sincere? How can you tell that he is not being sincere? In what way is he grasping for straws?
2. Why do you think there are any "huge wagons" in this game? Before I voted you, there were two people with two votes each. How does either of those constitute a "huge wagon"?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Phoebus »

I promised that I'd post today and I'm not reneging on that.
I have done a quick read and these are brief thoughts/comments.

There may be something more substantial later. However, if this turns out satisfactorily, there might not:

1. I'm still happy with my vote on Panacea. It's not a matter of whether she's contributing fluff or not, as far as I'm concerned.
I don't do random votes. I usually hold back until I see something worthy of comment and voting. Her "oh it's not as crazy here as it was in the newbie games!" line of talking made me want to vote for her. Something about that did not sit right with me. Her subsequent sarcastic and somewhat trite reactions had me content with my vote where it is/was.

2. I've +1'd this before. I did not like the way VP Baltar seemed to be coaching Panacea away from being reactive the way she was, early in the game. I also +1'd the idea that Baltar and Panacea are scum together, because of this.

3. That said, just because charter seemed to be agreeing with stuff that I said/did to Panacea, doesn't mean that I think he's a good guy. In fact, I think, in some ways, that his reaction to Panacea is almost the opposite to Baltar's. Rather than coaching, he seemed to snap at her in a way that a partner might press a partner, with a potential bus later. In a curtailed game with 9 players, this strategy (busing a partner early) might work... especially if it gains street cred with the town. I read this game as lacking any other power roles beyond Mafia... based on what the mod said. Therefore, I can foresee a situation where a busing handled correctly might win someone a game. Also, notice, now, that charter's vote is no longer on Panacea. So maybe the moment has passed.

4. I get the feeling that either one of charter/Baltar has successfully diverted attention from Panacea to other targets, which is now resulting in the current general confusion/cross-fire.
I can foresee one of three scum combinations at this time:
--> Panacea + Baltar
--> Panacea + charter
--> Baltar + charter (this one, somewhat unlikely... but could be possible)

If anyone else is scum(my), well I haven't really caught on to much.

5. Beck: seems to be trying to be helpful but is, perhaps, doing it the wrong way.
Similar with pappums rat... though between the Baltar/charter/hiplop/p-rat sniping going on... p-rat seems to be have said and done things that I can see rubbing some the wrong way.

6. hiplop... has been fluffy... yes. I can see that a wagon is building on him. Based on my current thoughts, I am unlikely to want to switch to him. However, three things might change this.
i) He does/says something absolutely scummy.
ii) He has already done/said something absolutely scummy and I see this when I re-read properly.
iii) I get tired enough of random Day 1-ness and/or we get near enough to a lynch deadline that I would be OK with him swinging. As much as I detest day starts, handled properly, we can usually get information from them after the fact. Sometimes this means lynching a townsperson (which is what I am categorising hiplop as, at this time).

7. Juls -- I'm going to currently ignore. Fluff ... yes. But seemingly, mostly harmless fluff.

8. Budja... I have little to nothing on... this might either be very clever or innocuous and mostly unhelpful but not yet harmful.

To sum up: I'd like to see how things develop/transpire between my leading trio, before I switch to anything/anyone else...

LET'S LYNCH PANACEA NAO~~~~!!!!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Budja »

@Baltar

Both defend #71, and I agree that in context that post isn't that bad.
But, and this is more noticeable in ISO, pappam's attacks aren't really directed at Panacea; you, hiplop and I have received more pressure. I guess the real point is that he is just too passive about it considering its the only thing he was focusing on.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:02 am

Post by hiplop »

pappums rat wrote:
Unvote

Vote hiplop

charter never targeted anyone for being a noob, he has good reason to suspect Panacea and now I can see that he has good reason to suspect you as well. You are completely twisting things around, making terrible arguments and backing them with even worse logic. I would like you to answer a few questions for me if you would:

1. In what way is charter not being sincere? How can you tell that he is not being sincere? In what way is he grasping for straws?
2. Why do you think there are any "huge wagons" in this game? Before I voted you, there were two people with two votes each. How does either of those constitute a "huge wagon"?

Hescloaking it as something else, bgut ultimately its newbness...

i like to exaggerate ;)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm really torn about pappums/charter response to my point. I get where you are coming from on the one hand, but I also don't think my question to pappums was leading in the least and he was definitely trumping up his contribution to that wagon.
unvote
regardless.

Phobeus wrote:2. I've +1'd this before. I did not like the way VP Baltar seemed to be coaching Panacea away from being reactive the way she was, early in the game. I also +1'd the idea that Baltar and Panacea are scum together, because of this.

How was I coaching her exactly? The only questions I asked her early on were my way of assessing her experience with the game. I think your whole 'oh she said this game is less crazy than a Newbie' is pretty silly if you don't take the time to assess her experience level and make an honest judgement based upon that. ie it looks like your swinging at low hanging fruit, imo.

Phobeus wrote:4. I get the feeling that either one of charter/Baltar has successfully diverted attention from Panacea to other targets, which is now resulting in the current general confusion/cross-fire.
I can foresee one of three scum combinations at this time:
--> Panacea + Baltar
--> Panacea + charter
--> Baltar + charter (this one, somewhat unlikely... but could be possible)

If anyone else is scum(my), well I haven't really caught on to much.
This kind of business rubs me the wrong way. Not only do you call scumteams based upon no flips (which is being dumb-town at it's very best, trying to set up mislynches at its worst), but you also go on to ignore everyone else in the game. I'm pretty tired of the limited interactions in this game. I'm glad to see you've posted a full list in that big post, although I do find it kind of vague in regards to everything after the Panacea talk.

Vote:Beck
I think this guy is kind of hyperventilating about hiplop too much. His frustration with both hiplop and Juls reads as disingenuous to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Beck »

With 3 votes on hip, you decide I'm the one hyperventilating?

Based on your reads, what exactly do you think I am I frustrated about and why do you think it's disingenuous?

Tbh I haven't even mentioned Juls much, except when she called me out for my humor, so throwing her name in there is a head scratcher?

And why do you wait til hip is at l-2 to bring this up?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't think hiplop being at L-anything is related to the point I made. Also, there is no rush to deadline and I'd like to get much better reads on people before we lynch today.

I've been thinking about it for quite awhile, but I've been trying to gauge what type of player you are. I think your reaction to Juls and the 'other site' business was excessively angry. I also think you displayed similar bravado when talking to hiplop about him missing your posts. Yeah, it's annoying when someone misses something, but 1) you have to consider that hiplop may just be sorta anoob here and 2) I doubt it is really that frustrating to you IRL. Your tone comes across as really frustrated over some pretty minor stuff, so that's why I find it disingenuous.
YOUR AD HERE

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Beck »

Im frustrated cause I'm being ignored and his lack of content. Plus I am more of a noob than he is so I'm not excusing his noob ness especially if he already commented on why he doesn't post much, he says it's more his play style and he is better mid/late game. Personally I think that's just a convient excuse to skate by

But if my frustration is disingenuous, what about yours?

VP Baltar wrote:Budja - what do you think of charter and pappums defense to the case I made?

I feel like only half the people here are actually playing this game. It's frustrating my reads.

You can be frustrated for lack of participation but somebody else is and they aren't being genuine?

Sounds like a double standard bro.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm definitely frustrated. What I'm saying is that you're being overly aggressive about your frustration, which I think looks more like 'oh hey, I'm tough guy scumhunter trying to stir things up' than it does 'this game is difficult for me due to lack of participation.' When I've felt people aren't participating, I've asked them questions and tried to earnestly figure out what the issue is. I don't get that sense from you.

In terms of noobness, it's more of a quality than a join date thing. There are people on this site who have been here for years that I would say play like noobs. I can agree with you that hiplop shouldn't be making playstyle excuses for his lack of presence. His lack of presence bothers me too. But I still think you're being over the top considering lots of people are low on the participation scale at this point, including Panacea and Budja.
YOUR AD HERE

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Beck »

Well he has 3 votes so that's 3 people who all agree something is wrong with him, being too aggressive is your only reason, I'm fine with being accused of too aggressive. If anything I feel like I'm not aggressive enough but when my biggest suspect barely posts anything, yelling at him over and over again isn't going to help my cause.

I'm pretty sure he is scum so if I get voted for my play, so be it.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't know why you're making it about hiplop. Me finding your play disingenous =/= hiplop must be town. It's not entirely irrelevant, but to a large degree it is. In case you haven't noticed, I don't like to make connections without flips. D1, I just point out things I see as scummy and pursue them.
YOUR AD HERE

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Beck »

It's awfully convenient you speak up at him being closer to a lynch. Once I directed my focus to hiplop, you stopped pushing me to vote you, now hip is at L-2 you start suspecting me.

I don't know how anyone can prove they are being genuine, but I assure you my suspicion on him is completely genuine.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ok
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”