marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by marco1610 »

SpyreX wrote:Good lord not 2scum4scum.

NO.

Who's scum then?

And yes marco you haven't been forgotten. Shep's got a renegade move all lined up for you.

You talk as if you're confirmed town. Killing me will only hamper your credibility whether you be town or scum.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Hiraki wrote:The second is written incorrectly.

What I meant to say is that Toog has done too many things that have been noted to be scummy or radical. He hasn't fit in with the crowd, he's made himself stand out.

Can scum do this? Yes.

Are we lynching plausible scum who can do this on D1? No.

Excuses for a mistake you didn't catch before posting.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by ender241 »

Toogeloo wrote:Uh, no... my deal is just that. You lynch me today, nothing saves Reck from being lynched tomorrow. Was making a point about it.

This isn't the best of ideas, what if both of them turn out to be town? Then we have lost out on 2 good townies in 2 days.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Silent Wraith
Silent Wraith
Townie
Silent Wraith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by Silent Wraith »

We dislike the argument that anyone is or is not scum by the fact that they stick out or not. It's the "too dumb for scum" route all over again, only it conjectures that one's play style if it is in fact provocative, that scum would not use it to mimic playing town. A better thing to ask someone is what is their motivation: is it in fact town motivated or not to try to disprove everyone's RVS vote by pointing out that it wasn't in fact truly random?

In context, we believe it's not. However, we do find the whole 'hang person X if I die' tomorrow to be somewhat scummy, because of the WIFOM that opens up. Also, two dead townies serve no one. We do plan on watching Toog in the days to come.

What's more suspicious to us, at least, is the above reasoning for town--we dislike the argument. for it makes an intuitive leap; and does so in lieu of scum hunting, which is not something Hiraki's done a lot of without prompting. Or more plainly, Hiraki's spent more time giving us his town read on Toog then giving us any real scum reads on much of anyone else.

Vote: Hiraki
Mute/Ghostlin hydra. Ghostlin currently playing alone while Mute is on extended V/LA.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Hiraki »

Silent Wraith wrote:We dislike the argument that anyone is or is not scum by the fact that they stick out or not. It's the "too dumb for scum" route all over again, only it conjectures that one's play style if it is in fact provocative, that scum would not use it to mimic playing town. A better thing to ask someone is what is their motivation: is it in fact town motivated or not to try to disprove everyone's RVS vote by pointing out that it wasn't in fact truly random?
You're not getting what I'm saying.

The main basis of the argument is that Toog voted seriously, in the time of RVS correct? I have no scum viewpoint for trying to do this. It's not that Toog has done anything scummy, it's that Toog hasn't been doing anything that scum would do, aka: there are no real scumtells against Toog.

SilentWrath wrote:What's more suspicious to us, at least, is the above reasoning for town--we dislike the argument. for it makes an intuitive leap; and does so in lieu of scum hunting, which is not something Hiraki's done a lot of without prompting. Or more plainly, Hiraki's spent more time giving us his town read on Toog then giving us any real scum reads on much of anyone else.
Because Ender still has to die. I can explain Jason easily with being on the Toog wagon, and not directly stating any reads, only asking questions. The only direct statement is ISO Post 5, which contradicts most or all of Jason's play thus far.
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 am

Post by ShadowGuru »

SW's "Hiraki hasn't done much scumhunting apart from pushing a townread on Toogeloo therefore he must die" argument just further cements my scumread on him.

--Wraith
Hydra :cop:
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm sorry that Ender is my top scumread?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Toogeloo wrote:Reck, you willing to 1 for 1 with me? You said your power was LAME if I recall, so no one would miss it.

My power is lame, but no, I'm not willing to 1 v 1 with you.

I keep getting this tinge of tickle in my head that says you might be town with such a stupid fucking maneuver like this, but then I look at it and go "It's so dumb, what if it's a gambit?" and keep going 'round and 'round in circles.

Lucky for you, though, someone just popped in waving a "Lynch me, please!" flag and HOOOOOOO BOY DO I HAVE PLANS THAT ARE NOT YET GOING TO BE REVEALED.

Vote: marco1610
green shirt thursdays
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Hiraki »

Marco is a newbie though.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hiraki wrote:Marco is a newbie though.

So? you can't just give people free passes on the Newbie card, its dangerous. Scummy is scummy regardless of new or seasoned. If you think someone is scummy, you vote them.

Interesting defending here I feel.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

We're not lynching a newbie D1.

The reason you're being so opportunistic is disgusting.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hiraki is probably town.
Marco I'm trying to wrap my head around. I dont see scum asking for death.
SW could be for death.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hiraki wrote:We're not lynching a newbie D1.

Im not suggesting we lynch a newbie day 1 and no where have I said that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

??

So you want them lynched because newbies don't deserve passes BUT not day 1?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Sovereign »

Mass Effect Mafia
|
Suspicion Matrix

Toogeloo [3] – SpyreX, nintendoaddict1, jasonT1981

Silent Wraith [3] – Sathoris, marco1610, ShadowGuru

ender241 [2]
– Hiraki, Rhinox
Hiraki [1]
– Silent Wraith
xRECKONERx [1]
- Toogeloo
marco1610 [1]
- xRECKONERx,

Not Voting –
ender241, GhostWriter, PeregrineV

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday July 28th at 7am PDT (10am EDT).
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

jasonT1981 wrote:

You didn't say that, but it's a fact that Macro is a newbie.

He's your lynch for tomorrow, don't lie.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unvote; Vote: jasonT1981
green shirt thursdays
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hiraki wrote:The main basis of the argument is that Toog voted seriously, in the time of RVS correct?

Actually, the way I understand it, its that he voted seriously (regardless of when), and when pressured about his reasoning, he tried to play it off as LOLRVS. And then he tried to deflect by basically saying "hey what about everyone elses RVS votes why don't you question them?"

I don't really get toog's 1v1 proposed plan. I don't see how he's even really presented any argument for reck scum, but he's willing to 1 for 1 with him? It's not a pro-town plan, but its not something I'd expect scum to do either, knowing that once toog flips scum, reck won't be autolynched. The proposal seems either like stupid town, or some desparate gambit to try to make reck look like confirmed town after toogscum dies or something like that. I'll consider the plan proposal null.

Hiraki wrote:The second is written incorrectly.

What I meant to say is that Toog has done too many things that have been noted to be scummy or radical. He hasn't fit in with the crowd, he's made himself stand out.

Can scum do this? Yes.

Are we lynching plausible scum who can do this on D1? No.

no, this is wrong. This is only valid when a player is actively trying to stand out and be the center of attention. Toog hasn't been trying to stand out, he just is, because he's been scummy.

I still agree with hiraki that ender should be getting more attention for this post:
ender241 wrote:I'm certainly not liking the fact with silent wraith jumping onto a band wagon, but that really isn't enough to vote him so i'll
FoS: Silent wraith
for now.

As hiraki already explained. It pinged my scumdar too, mostly because of the weak FOS when ender didn't even have a vote anywhere else. Actually, ender hasn't placed a vote all game yet.

@ender:
Who's scum, and why aren't you voting?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Rhinox wrote:
Hiraki wrote:The main basis of the argument is that Toog voted seriously, in the time of RVS correct?

Actually, the way I understand it, its that he voted seriously (regardless of when), and when pressured about his reasoning, he tried to play it off as LOLRVS. And then he tried to deflect by basically saying "hey what about everyone elses RVS votes why don't you question them?"

I don't really get toog's 1v1 proposed plan. I don't see how he's even really presented any argument for reck scum, but he's willing to 1 for 1 with him? It's not a pro-town plan, but its not something I'd expect scum to do either, knowing that once toog flips scum, reck won't be autolynched. The proposal seems either like stupid town, or some desparate gambit to try to make reck look like confirmed town after toogscum dies or something like that. I'll consider the plan proposal null.

Actually, I have clearly stated that my vote was done in the RVS stage, and people bashed me because it wasn't random enough to qualify as a Random Vote Stage vote. I didn't realize there was a difference between placing a vote in the RVS and a vote not being RVS viable. Mission accomplished for getting us out of that stage I suppose.

As for the 1 for 1 with Reck. He was being a troll (and still is to minor extent). Not the Reck I've seen in games like Blackest Night where he tore Scum apart. If he isn't willing to be an all star, then I am willing to get rid of him 1v1 with my own read that I think he is scum himself for trying to avoid attention and push it on others. It's all gut.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

@toog:

the fact you're trying to get us to agree to 1 for 1 you and reck based on gut and because you think he is trolling isn't going to cut it for me, and quite frankly is horrible play if you're town.

as for the first part, random voting
stage
emphasis added on stage doesn't exist as you're trying to use it. There isn't a
defined stage of the game
where
all votes
are random/joke/meaningless.

There are, however, individual votes that are random/joke/meaningless, and those votes continue early in the game until there are real reasons to vote and then they're no longer tolerated. Your vote was not random/joke/meaningless. It had a serious reason, you chose to vote me for a specific, game related, serious reason. Thats not the problem. The problem is you seem to be trying to avoid having to answer for that vote and avoid credibility for it by saying it was random/joke/meaningless, when clearly it wasn't. In other words, your vote was NOT an RVS vote, and you continued along in serious discussion that resulted because of your vote until your ido 9 when all of a sudden it was RVS.

Why didn't you just claim RVS in iso 3 when spyrex first accused you for your vote?
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 am

Post by ender241 »

Rhinox wrote:
Hiraki wrote:

@ender:
Who's scum, and why aren't you voting?

Not sure...yet. Will have a good post tonight.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hiraki wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

False, I do not setup lynches on a day to day basis nor do I chain lynch. I do not even see Marco as scummy right now. I was just pointing out you cant excuse scummy on the newbie card.

Very nice misrep.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Toogeloo wrote:As for the 1 for 1 with Reck. He was being a troll (and still is to minor extent). Not the Reck I've seen in games like Blackest Night where he tore Scum apart. If he isn't willing to be an all star, then I am willing to get rid of him 1v1 with my own read that I think he is scum himself for trying to avoid attention and push it on others. It's all gut.

I tore scum apart by using meta on my ex-boyfriend and nailing his scumteam, and I just so happened to nail a SK while I was at it. I know basically nobody in this game, and the ones that I do know are more or less unmetable so don't expect any D1 bustingthegamewideopen scenarios.
green shirt thursdays
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Hiraki »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:

False, I do not setup lynches on a day to day basis nor do I chain lynch. I do not even see Marco as scummy right now. I was just pointing out you cant excuse scummy on the newbie card.

Very nice misrep.
Of course you don't in game, but I'm just saying what's in your head.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

how do you know what is in my head?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”