Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Sorry, been having issues getting online in the last few days. Expect a votecount tomorrow.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ThAdmiral wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:Link to a game where you have used only meta to find scum, or prove that someone was in fact town. Meta alone.

In cold war mafia I correctly figured out furc was town via meta, highlighted in post 361.

Okay lets look at that meta case then:

ThAdmiral wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Please describe his town and scum metas (as you see them) and why you feel this game is the town and not scum. Bonus points for links to games you feel particularly back up your opinion.

If I could describe the the difference between his scum and town play in one word it would be "proactive".
As town he seems to be more active, seems to more actively participate in scum hunting and questioning, has larger posts and generally seems to be more involved in the game. He also is more likely to claim that someone is town in his eyes.

As scum his posts are shorter, he seems to throw out a lot more one liners that don't really push things forward but rather comment mildly on what is going on, he generally goes after softer targets, like inactives, or pursues weak cases that he doesn't bother explaining all that well. He also is more likely to claim someone is scum in his eyes.

All of those aren't really meta. They are common scum tells. Not being proactive is a major scum. Being active and pushing your reads is one of the best town tells I have found over my short mafia career. And above all else, defnedong someone with just meta does not excuse scummy play. If he plays scummy he is in fact scummy. Regardless of other games. That's my opinion. My vote stays on vezok, glass is also an A+ lynch.

@LC, read my case and vote for vezo or glass.
after a wank.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Admittedly, I haven't played with vezok where he's been scum, but ThAdmiral's scum meta on him sounds a hell of a lot like what his town meta has been from my experience with him.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ cooldog: fair points, I think you should check out a few other vezo games though. This sort of is really just par for the course for him, which is admittedly frustrating but not an indication of scumminess.

In fact I am even happier with my vote on you now as I believe vezo could easily be seen as a soft target for a scum on the ropes.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

So you are defending a scummy player with meta, while voting for someone who is voting for (who you admit to be) a scummy player. Sounds like textbook pro-town behavior. Good job, keep it up.
after a wank.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Thanks bro
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Umbrage »

NO MORE LURKING.

START POSTING PEOPLE.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Umbrage wrote:NO MORE LURKING.

START POSTING PEOPLE.

Agree,
mod: get some prods out plz
after a wank.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

agreed.

vote:vezok

i played a game with vezok where he included a lot more reads with his votes. he has included little to none this game.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

naw guys, scum vezo talks way more than this ( I've played in a 2 games with vezo as scum so trust me )
Scumdog's just trying to mislead ppl
Justice will prevail
\m/
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 am

Post by Umbrage »

VOTE: nopointinactingup

Either he or Surye or both have to be scum. POE. I'm getting town vibes from everyone else. They've gotten a free ride in this game so far, and it's time to finish that.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I don't think nopoint is scum .

Cdog looks worse than before

unvote
vote Cdog
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

vezokpiraka wrote:I don't think nopoint is scum .

Cdog looks worse than before

unvote
vote Cdog

Wow. This post just blows my mind. Just wow. Not even attempting to defend. Not even trying to explain his reasons. Not even hiding his blatant omgus. This has to be the best post of all time.

@every one who is defending vezok, Can you think of any reason except for meta that this guy shouldn't be lynched? I mean if we are going to go out on a limb and defend this guy at least have a half-assed reason. And above that, if vezok is playing scummy why shouldn't we lynch him? Do you really think he has contributed to the town? Do you really think he will contribute anything to the game? The answer to that is no.
after a wank.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Umbrage »

I don't really see any reason to lynch vezok over Surye.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

^surye hasn't thrown his vote around on numerous wagons. Surye hasn't omgused. But, the again, surye has posted much at all. In my opinion vezok is the more scummy. However, surye has lurked more...
after a wank.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Umbrage »

@ Everyone on vezokpiraka: Your arguments against vezok are things vezok always does. Sure, you can make the argument that that isn't an excuse, I'm with you on that. But it's still not a substitute for scumhunting.

Basically, you have a bunch of nulltells. Now, assuming every other player is null for you, then sure, lynch vezok because he's not valuable to the town and is next to impossible to read as scum anyway. I don't have a problem with that line of reasoning. What I don't like is how you're pushing vezok while ignoring everyone else. Why are you pushing a case full of nulltells? Is there nobody else in the game that you have suspicion on?

Today, more than anything, we need content. A lot of it. And that means scumhunting. Arguing back and forth. Vezok isn't going to contribute to that no matter how much you push him. Sure, he could flip scum, but he could also flip town, and either way we'd be right back where we started today. He's an easy cop-out lynch, and pushing for it is scummy as hell.

Again, I'm not opposed to a vezok lynch today. I'm opposed to his lynch being our first choice.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

ThAdmiral wrote:I reckon we could have used her as a vig. Just sayin'

I was suspicious of cooldog for trying to get her to "test" lld's post restrictions but it really sounded like he wanted her to get mod-killed. Fair enough, she was scum, and fair enough she was lying but that stood out when I read it.
Glass because he seemed to be sitting back and generally getting on bandwagons.

I mentioned surye as well because of how he tried to do a test regarding my sanity levels by mentioning my name a bunch of times, but I now feel that was more likely genuine town curiousity as it could have given me some kind of pr and I doubt scum would be wanting to do that.

I haz new read.

Thad doesn't say anything much before this post.

For me it sounds like he wanted the free NK for his scum team. Reading the posts before he seems eager not to lynch LLD. I think that is because only 2 people are scum.

Then he lists three people. Never says if he thinks they are scummy or not. He is fencesitting like hell there.

I think it's a case of fos buddy vote townie. In this case Cdog being the townie and glass the buddy. Maybe Surye but I'm not sure.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@umbridge, My number two choce is glass. No body wants to lynch glass "because he not scummy....". Then I move onto my next read "Vezok's meta is nullifies your perfectly legitimate arguments. Don't lynch my buddy". So if the vezok wagon fizzles out I would be more then willing to vote for surye, or TA. Ta is bring in a bunch of meta bullshit to get vezo off the hook.

@umbridge, Lets be honest, you aren't supporting the vezo lynch. Which lynches can you support?
@ta, same.
@vezo, you think he's scummy then vote him. Why are you just posting that? You aparently think I'm more scummy. Tell me why I'm scummy. No "He doesn't know my meta" bullshit, kthx.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:28 am

Post by CooLDoG »

vezo wrote:
I think it's a case of fos buddy vote townie. In this case Cdog being the townie and glass the buddy. Maybe Surye but I'm not sure.

I missed this. If you think I am the "townie" why are you still voting me?
after a wank.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

CooLDoG wrote:
vezo wrote:

I missed this. If you think I am the "townie" why are you still voting me?

Because I put my votes at the end of post when I post a lot.

I've been out of town and out of internet for the last 6 days and I forgot to type the vote.

unvote
vote Thad
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Umbrage wrote:I don't really see any reason to lynch vezok over Surye.

unvote

ehh.....ur probably right about this right now. vezoks new post makes me think that he could be town. i played a game with vezok before and he seemed to be active and revealed more reason or motivation towards his stances, but with this game dragging, and him not having internet, this explains it somewhat.

surye is certainly a better lynch, but he needs to get prodded.

@mod, prod request surye plz?

Surye wrote:nopoint's obvious contradiction is worth a vote, but he needs to get on here and explain as soon as possible. VOTE: nopointinactingup

his vote on nopoint d1 is scummy, and he hasnt really done anything today

Surye wrote:Catching up in all my games. When I messed up a post restriction, the mod deleted it, occasionally with a message. LLD's new found "not giving a shit" seems like floundering. I sheep the comment on seemingly know occult was a mislynch, and trying to incriminate IS over it. I think IS has been nothing but town this game.

Glass, sorry if I've been ignoring your questions, they are good ones.
Reads as Requested:
Cooldog: Town read, very vocal, responsive, clear with his reads.
Umbrage: Same, for the same honestly.

nopoint is looking much more town, and I'm buying the argument about the hammer at this point.

Scummiest read, LLD. I said I thought she was town when I believed her restriction. I believe an inhibiting restriction like that is less likely for scum, as it makes it hard to fight a wagon. However a fake restriction? Hang her.

UNVOTE: VOTE: LLD

his post before this vote, albeit days before this one, has LLD being town. and says nopoint should hang, but he never said why nopoint looks like he is considerably more town.

this vote puts LLD at L-1. and even though LLD was scum, LLD was certainly not in the mafia. this vote here looks like scum voting for the sk, trying to latch onto a wagon, and with the lack of activity, i believe him to be coasting scum. his post today basically says nothing.

vezok has a point that thad was fencesitting in that post, i also think that his post in 478 is suspicious, with defending vezok, saying that cooldog has fairpoints, but then says that he likes his vote on him even more. this confuses me.

however, looking back on it, i agree with the point, vezok could be just playing the way town vezok plays and makes himself an easy target. umbrage has a point, however vezok in my opinion doesn't get a free ride.

@umbrage, why nopoint? and what really caused you to 180 on glass? what reactions of his do you think are town?

oh...btw
vote:surye
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Surye and Glass have been prodded. VC here in a bit.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Umbrage »

CooLDoG wrote:Which lynches can you support?

I seriously need to reread this game. A lot of the players are blurring together in my mind. I'll have a clearer view of things once I buckle down and get to work.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Umbrage wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:Which lynches can you support?

I seriously need to reread this game. A lot of the players are blurring together in my mind. I'll have a clearer view of things once I buckle down and get to work.

Translation: I fine with lynching anybody, but not those two because they are my scum buds. Don't lynch anybody until I make sure that they aren't thaaaat town so I don't look bad.

Also, are you saying that at this point in time you have absolutely no scum reads? Lot of help you are for the town.

Sick and tired of umbridges non-committal I don't want to lynch specific people attitude. I know I said I would be willing to lynch surey (in fact I still am), but Umbridge's recent play is pathetic.

unvote, vote: umbridge

Come up with those reads...
after a wank.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Glass »

YES MORE UMBRAGE VOTES

He was pushing the hell out of me for being scum with his bs arguments and as soon as I call him out on them he completely ignores it and instead gets off me, probably hoping that I would wonder back onto cooldog after he got off of me. Not a chance in hell I am letting him off the hook that easily. I AM STILL WAITING ON WHAT THIS LIE WAS, IDC IF YOU THINK I AM TOWN, I WANT A RESPONSE.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”