Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 2 - Vote Count #2

Amrun (0)
-
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (0)
-
Antifinity (1)
- Lady Lambdadelta
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (0)
-
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- GreyICE
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (1)
- populartajo
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (19)
- Amrun, Kawaii, Antifinity, Candle Jack, Iecerint, Nocmen, Surye, Celebloki, Starbuck, ace5993, drewoftherushes, ZeL1nK, StevieT92, GhostWriter, SpyreX, Kast, vollkan, Pomegranate, LobsterCatapult

22 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 30, ~ 11 pm PDT

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:@Mod: Could this game be potentially considered "bastard"?

This game contains elements that some people might consider to be bastard. This was made explicit in the first post of the signup thread, and it is mentioned in rule E4. I am not going to comment publicly on comparisons to any other setup.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I replaced in Kdub. What signup thread~ :3

Anyway, thank you.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

No I have a better idea, lets lynch Kast.

Upsides:

- We have one claimed Magi computer, one claimed Magi targeter, and one case of mod-confirmed shenanigans. This is the most obvious case of 2+2 I've ever seen, and I don't see why the speculation is ever going to fade. It's not like CJ can day cop Kast and then say 'oh well he's town' here.
- The 'town' masons aren't confirmed town anymore. Period. Scum Kast tells us CJ-scum is now a fact, and probably goes a long way towards confirming the infection (I imagine if Kast is scum, CJ will claim to have been cleansed tomorrow, but my belief in this will be ABSOLUTE ZERO).
- DEAD KAST! Like... twist my motherfucking arm.

Anyone suggesting another lynch will have to explain why they think CJ is still town, and why Kast is town in the first place.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 am

Grey, I'm not doing that yet.

Trust me on this.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

My deal is it seems too handed to us. Would the mod REALLY put a shining light on that in flavor?

I'm not sure if a team magi-claim makes sense today.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Nocmen »

I considered a Kast lynch, but I still don't know for certain. I don't know the odds of there being a second role targetting the Magi.

Would there be a second role that has interactions with the same role?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:58 am

Post by GreyICE »

So we don't lynch obvious scum because... they're too obvious, they have to be town? Between play, role claims, and moderator messages, everything is pointing straight at Kast being scum.

Fuck it.

I feel like there's people nodding their heads and going "no there's at most one scum in the 6s so we should totally lynch someone besides Faraday despite the fact he's like obvious scum x10"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:02 am

GreyICE wrote:So we don't lynch obvious scum because... they're too obvious, they have to be town? Between play, role claims, and moderator messages, everything is pointing straight at Kast being scum.

Fuck it.

I feel like there's people nodding their heads and going "no there's at most one scum in the 6s so we should totally lynch someone besides Faraday despite the fact he's like obvious scum x10"

DON'T EVEN.

YOU TRIED TO LYNCH ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord I'm not sure how much harder LLD can beat this over your head without being obviously obvious about this.

I want Stewie to claim first.
I'm very, VERY irritated that either we have no vig or they decided to be a sissy.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Nocmen wrote:I considered a Kast lynch, but I still don't know for certain. I don't know the odds of there being a second role targetting the Magi.

Would there be a second role that has interactions with the same role?

i was thinking the same thing, or does it even have to be role-specific? itd be an interesting way for scum to set up a mislynch on kast by recruiting CJ after kasttown used his ability on him.

the only thing i have against this, is that obviously the mod day2 flavor that almost makes it sound like the corrupting the magi was something specific, not a recruiter who happened to target a magi computer.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
GreyICE wrote:So we don't lynch obvious scum because... they're too obvious, they have to be town? Between play, role claims, and moderator messages, everything is pointing straight at Kast being scum.

Fuck it.

DON'T EVEN.

YOU TRIED TO LYNCH ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

IT WAS PAGE ONE RVS VOTE WAS RANDOM

JESUS CHRIST I WAS RAISING A SUBJECT NOT SUGGESTING THAT I HAD AN AIRTIGHT SCUMREAD ON YOU AFTER YOUR FIRST FUCKING POST IN THE THREAD.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:29 am

Hehe~

Making Grey-kun mad is fun~

No but seriously Grey, you need to hold off on this Kast thing for the moment. Once I hear all the information, Kast might be a viable lynch. I can certainly see your logic.

But there is no point in rushing this today. None.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Fair enough.

Unvote

TBH it has occurred to me that
anyone
with a Magi targeting role would have known to hit CJ yesterday, so the biggest fact we're faced with is CJ-town being a total crapshoot at this point. But a Kast lynch is so much juicy goodness.

Lets see what the amazing Lilith - I mean Rei - has for us.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:51 am

Post by vollkan »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Antifinity wrote:The "Magi Complete System Check" followed by the "The game state may have changed, although you're not certain how" thing makes me suspect the Magi masons may no longer all be town.

Vote: Antifinity

Reaks of Insider Info.

How familiar are you with the show? Because the flavour makes Anti's line of speculation fairly obvious, definitely not "reeking of insider info".

LLD wrote:
I'm not sure I'm willing to make that logical leap just yet. I want to see the results of this investigation...

Again, it's hardly a "logical leap". We know that Kast targeted CJ, and we know that something bad appears to have happened to the Magi. The only problem is that, for obvious reasons, CJ isn't a reliable aide in determining what happened.

Tajo wrote: However, as I said yesterday, this ability is some sort of convoluted "doc-cop-mason combo" which is imbalanced for scum and I still havent researched what kdubmod thinks about this. Also, Kasttown means that pretty much he should be dead by now unless someone messed with the kill, which i guess, is possible in night 1.

You're saying Kast-recruiter is imba if he also performs an upgrade on the Magi?

In a large theme game, which tend to be PR-heavy, that's not really true. It's powerful, but hardly imba.

LLD wrote: 1) Stevie claims in next post or dies.
2) CJ Claims Target and Alignment of his day cop in next post, or dies.
3) Kast explains if there is ANYTHING in his power that could have to do with "corruption".

I agree with all of these. However, given the possibility that CJ is corrupted, should we vote on his investigation target?

I can see the argument for letting CJ choose and using that as alignment-relevant info, but I think controlling it is probably more valuable (accounting for how "Valuable" his investigation is in the circumstnaces)

GI wrote:
No I have a better idea, lets lynch Kast.

Upsides:

- We have one claimed Magi computer, one claimed Magi targeter, and one case of mod-confirmed shenanigans. This is the most obvious case of 2+2 I've ever seen, and I don't see why the speculation is ever going to fade. It's not like CJ can day cop Kast and then say 'oh well he's town' here.
- The 'town' masons aren't confirmed town anymore. Period. Scum Kast tells us CJ-scum is now a fact, and probably goes a long way towards confirming the infection (I imagine if Kast is scum, CJ will claim to have been cleansed tomorrow, but my belief in this will be ABSOLUTE ZERO).
- DEAD KAST! Like... twist my motherfucking arm.

Anyone suggesting another lynch will have to explain why they think CJ is still town, and why Kast is town in the first place.

As you said, it's a clear case of 2+2, but we'd be silly to lynch when we there is still information that we can gather today (see: LLD three points above)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:16 am

We aren't going to be controlling CJ's investigation.

Tar is going to investigate someone himself, and we will see the result.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

My role assignment makes me believe that Kast is telling the truth, and I can't say more without claiming, but obviously the most important thing now is hearing from CJ.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 am

Candle Jack wrote:

Protip: malthusis's claim is 99% lie. I made that clear early on (though I forgot to note that the ability doesn't fit flavor even setting aside issues of Misato being the single most likely safeclaim in the game by my reckoning). However, stock play with 1-shot vigs with shots remaining is to leave them be for a day and ask them to fire, THEN lynch them. Besides, it would give us an opportunity to test the ability I'm 99% sure Stevie is claiming.

The other two have, respectively, claims that make much more flavor sense (assuming I know what StevieRei is claiming*), and a confirmable ability paired with rolebased that I KNOW is correct.

* - If I saw that ability being hinted from ANY other character I would lynch it, but it makes WAY too much sense on Rei.

[...]

StevieT92 wrote:woops i posted on page 33 and missed his claim. eek. umm yeah my role is protective. I am very, very, against a massclaim in this game. Firstly, it's not fun to me, to be honest. Secondly, from what I've seen from the powers that the town will have for the next couple days the scum also have some powerful abilities as well so outing all the power roles with a massclaim might not even be in our favor. Us power roles have already been given enough people to target tonight we cannot possibly deal with the guessing game that would happen if the scum know everyone's role.

also, did malthusis just get confirmed by the mod? lolwut.

Thirdly, DO NOT DO CANDLEJACK'S PLAN. that is all.

Two of these reactions are expected (with one little exception in the wording). The third reads honest.

We'll leave Stevie be for now, IMO.

- Tar

Question for CJ (after we hear your results): What do you think Stevie is claiming? I think it's safe to assume Stevie will be claiming as soon as he shows up, so I'd like to see what you think Rei's PR is. Because what you said here is vague, but it's pretty clear that Stevie didn't want to be the target of Malth's "vig" last night, in spite of that being your plan. Actually, I would ask GreyICE the same question.

I'm asking because Stevie claimed a protective role, and while the flavor indicates that one of the Magi is corrupted, there could be another reason for no NK last night.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 am

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Antifinity wrote:The "Magi Complete System Check" followed by the "The game state may have changed, although you're not certain how" thing makes me suspect the Magi masons may no longer all be town.

Vote: Antifinity

Reaks of Insider Info.

Reeks of digging deep for scum reads.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Kay, I'm finished my catch up, and pages 12 13 and 14 haven't changed much for me.

I have a slight town read on Iece now, but I will wait for further posting. I liked his catchup though.

The Scummiest of the Scum (AKA: Need to die)
-----------------------------------------------------
Stevie
Lobster
Amrun
Drew
Ace
Antifinity
Kast

The Towniest of the Town
-----------------------------
SpyreX
Tarhydra
GI
Volkan
Tajo

All others fall somewhere in the middle, but have a definite lean.

With this in mind, I'm more than happy to vote for Stevie.

Despite my James Bond jokes, Stevie I would like to see a full claim PRONTO. Next post if you don't mind.

Yes Drew, I'm digging for my scum reads.

Please insert another coin and try again.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Cheeky
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Here's what needs to happen:

1) Stevie claims in next post or dies.
2) CJ Claims Target and Alignment of his day cop in next post, or dies.
3) Kast explains if there is ANYTHING in his power that could have to do with "corruption".

QFT.
If Stevie's claim isn't great, we lynch him. Kast needs to show up.At some point we need to here about CJ's daycop.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Amrun »

After Stevie claims, Kast might be a good lynch, but I hate playing this waiting game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

Ok two things with my claim.

First: my role is that the first time I die, I will show up dead but no info will be revealed, and then the next morning I will be revived. This is a one-shot ability. The reason I was trying to drop so many breadcrumbs about this not being my ability was that I was trying to get NK'd. CJ wasn't really helping on that front :p.

Secondly, I recieved an unexpected pm from the mod last night indicating that it was Spyrex who got recruited last night.

Vote: Spyrex
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

When you say "no info will be revealed," does that mean the mod wouldn't announce you as being NK'd, but that you'd be effectively dead for a whole day and revived the following morning? I'm not clear on your ability.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:42 pm

StevieT92 wrote:Ok two things with my claim.

First: my role is that the first time I die, I will show up dead but no info will be revealed, and then the next morning I will be revived. This is a one-shot ability. The reason I was trying to drop so many breadcrumbs about this not being my ability was that I was trying to get NK'd. CJ wasn't really helping on that front :p.

Secondly, I recieved an unexpected pm from the mod last night indicating that it was Spyrex who got recruited last night.

Vote: Spyrex

Explain how you think it was SpyreX? What did the PM contain? explain as clearly as you can without breaking any rules.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”