chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 am

Post by chkballin »

/confirm
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 am

Post by chkballin »

vezok wrote:Mass name claim?

They're random at best, so I'm against this. I don't see jason putting evil characters against a bunch of good characters, so mass name claiming would only help scum more than it'll help town since town will more than likely be the only honest claims.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am

Post by chkballin »

jasonT1981 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

All the more reason not to name claim.

What's the beef between wifam/slate?

@Mod:
Are you replacing people by request? I think it's kind of derp for him to do that without a legit reason. Disliking one out of, what, twenty-plus people? Not good reason imo.

NINJA'd: lol now I get to go see who the hell that is.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

Post by chkballin »

I see my other head made it here first...but we are definitely both active and I fully support his stance against mass claims-and we will not be participating as we agree with the quote below...
~
BALLIN

killerjester wrote:
Vifam wrote:How does that make name claiming non-optimal play? If it's not the standard Good vs Bad Guy scenario, what is the problem?

Trying to guess out the PR's in the town. For instance, House M.D. (if used) would more likely than not be a doctor or some saving role. To fit the character.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by chkballin »

VOTE: vezokpiraka

Name one thing that'd be pro-town to a mass name claim.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by chkballin »

UNVOTE: vezokpiraka
VOTE: David Xanatos

Working on a wall. Expect it soon.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by chkballin »

Alright, sorry sorry sorry- I know my other head promised a wall and that still may be true, but all I can promise is a substantial post within the next 12 hours!

~
BALLIN[
/i]
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by chkballin »

Our apologies for taking
way too long
on this. Had to confer with one another and schedule a time to get together as Ballin was behind and CHK didn't want to play this game by himself.

chkballin's DX case

- He jokes, jokes, jokes, jokes... and FINALLY gets his serious face on when town starts to turn their eyes in his general direction. Are jokes scummy? Not in and of themselves, no, but when you're not scum hunting? It's fluff at best. An attempt to say "Hey guys, I'm here. Like me!" without giving anything credible or worthwhile information to the game as a whole.

- Never in my days have I seen an RVS vote hop onto ANOTHER RVS vote. Something just doesn't feel right with me here. I don't see any town motivation for it.

- Interacts with Magna semi-defensively. We all understand that questions end in question marks; what's the point in saying that? Obviously the point Magna made was worth responding to, otherwise MoI wouldn't have wanted David to respond. All that just to say that he holds his ground with the mass name claiming debacle? It just feels like he's making an excuse for not responding to Magna by way of continuing the nonsense joking with 3isFrench.

- this post has already been addressed for how scummy it is. "I mean, I want to give my scum partner some time to post an accurate defense. Y'know, so it's not
completely obvious
that I'm bussing you." That's exactly how that posts reads to me. Scum not wanting to look like obvscum, afraid his vote on Vifam won't be taken as genuine. "Waiting for a defense" is his exact wording... then why does he contradict himself here by saying that Vifam's defense is shotty? He tries to justify himself and I find it to be completely full of garbage. Tries it again before going V/LA. Why is he so concerned with this? Why not just say "I've answered this" and be done with it? Doesn't read as town motivated to me.

- WAY TOO DEFENSIVE about a single vote. What's he worried about?

- asks for something that's basically already been given. This tells me that he's not paying attention to the thread as much as he should. He CERTAINLY watches out for his own name, but head-claiming? That seems less important until he feels the need to fluff his ISO with something he may think is pro-town.

~
CHK

Reads

Meransiel - Obv hasn't posted much for any sort of read...
vezokpiraka - Town
MagnaofIllusion - Genuine scumhunting, seems to follow through with most lines of questioning; town
PeregrineV - Generally speaking low on content;
Pappums Leather Jacket - Active scumhunting, adequate content; town
Zinger2099 - No real content, besides not wanting to be vigged;
marco1610 - The back and forth with Vifam didn't sit well with me, but just on Vifam's part. Marco just seemed like high-strung town.
Pvt Slate - That post calling out people on Vifam's wagon seemed to be more of an intimidation tactic, I want to see what comes of this; null/leaning scum pending certain flips.
Nero Cain - Had a little moment similar to the "look, they are doing it too" theory, but nothing that really worries me right now; null/leaning town
David Xanatos - See case above; scum
easjo682 - Not a fan of playstyle;
jilynne1991 - This wagon was ridiculous nothing led me to assume that she was scum, I just got a newb vibe; probtown
Pinky and the Brain - Called jily out for a lack of content when at that time their own player slot hadn't brought much more, if anything, to the table besides indifference to mass claiming; null/leaning scum.
ZeL1nK - Claimed vig...No real thoughts on this unless we see another day
andrew94 - Skimmy McSkimPants. Actively lurking; leaning scum
izakthegoomba -Lack of content.
Pine - Is Pine even playing??? I kid. I kid.
Chevre - No content.
ThAdmiral - Helpful and scumhunting; town
Vifam - Sheeping, deflecting; however it is the feeling of this hydra that he could just be newb STRONGLY leaning scum
Rodion - Little suspicious of the player slot, but we do not feel that David and Rodion are of the same alignment...
Leonshade - Doesn't seem to want to rock the boat much, tries to appease town; leaning scum
ThreeIsFrench -
OH I WILL GET TO THIS!

killerjester - Doesn't seem too concerned with anyone else's thoughts, active; town
Oversoul - No content
silverdrummer - Still has an active RVS vote, which came off as OMGUS, hard to believe they haven't found anyone worthy of voting...

PROBLEMS WITH 3isFrench:

Lame reason for voting Vifam - Calls Vifam out for naming 5 people as scum when it is perfectly reasonable in a 27 player game to have that many suspects. Saw this vote as weak...

Double votes Vifam and when questioned has this reasoning:

ThreeIsFrench wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:
ThreeIsFrench wrote:oh the irony.

nero why would you assume that? not a good thing to assume.

VOTE: vifan

TIF:

a) You were already voting Vifam. Who did you think you were voting?
b) (Ignoring the fact that you were already voting Vifam,) what prompted you to vote Vifam here?

The VC didnt have my name on it; thought maybe i forgot to vote. Same reasons, as previously but with the added evidence, i just voted due to thinking i was off the wagon :P

Well after looking through all of the vote counts and noticing that ThreeisFrench was represented accurately in all of them, with NO notations of editing, I can only take that excuse for double vote as a lie. feel free to check Mod's ISO here

ThreeisFrench is obviously lying, and why would you lie about something that could be attributed to a little mistake. Strongly leaning scum.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by chkballin »

SUPER SORRY, but here it is again for ISO purposes.
glowball wrote:
PinkyandtheBrain wrote:
chkballin wrote:Pinky and the Brain - Called jily out for a lack of content when at that time their own player slot hadn't brought much more, if anything, to the table besides indifference to mass claiming; null/leaning scum.

With all due respect, this is stupid. We hadn't posted yet (obviously I'm excluding /confirms) and thus hadn't had an opportunity to comment on anything but jily had posted and had the opportunity to comment and she didn't (or DIDDIN'T! HA! Yeah, I stole that pun off somebody).

Just because you start something with "with all due respect" doesn't make the statement that comes after excuseable. At least 50% of this hydra does not respond well to insults that are unjustly received. I am not attacking you, don't attack me. That being said, I am not here to speculate whether or not you could have posted more content. If you were not V/LA or did not post anything inferring you were too busy to post content, I will expect content and being hypocritical by pointing out that jily has none raised some eyebrows. Now it doesn't make jily less scummy, it actually had no effect on my reads. This, you pointing out a point you obviously thought was stupid, does make me question why you even felt the need to respond at all.

killerjester wrote:
chkballin wrote:
ThreeIsFrench on double voting wrote:

The VC didnt have my name on it; thought maybe i forgot to vote. Same reasons, as previously but with the added evidence, i just voted due to thinking i was off the wagon :P

Well after looking through all of the vote counts and noticing that ThreeisFrench was represented accurately in all of them, with NO notations of editing, I can only take that excuse for double vote as a lie. feel free to check Mod's ISO here

ThreeisFrench is obviously lying, and why would you lie about something that could be attributed to a little mistake. Strongly leaning scum.

~
BALLIN

I enjoyed reading your DX case, there was quite solid info in there. I brought up the 3French point you made because I'm pretty sure his hydra's other head missed the fact that he already voted Vifam. Does this mean he's lying about his own vote? I don't think so. Does this mean he's skimming the thread? Yes, absolutely, which raises questions of its own.

Whether or not the other head of the hydra missed the fact that they already voting is relevant. They aren't scummy to me based on a double vote. The nature of scumminess is in the lie- the claim that they weren't in the vote count which is why they double voted. Now I may have blown it a little out of proportion, but I have the PINKY TOE OF SUSPICION (lol)
PToS
on anyone lying about something so silly that could be excused as an honest mistake and I would like to hear from ThreeisFrench on this.

andrew94 wrote:chkballing classic scum, posting huge wall of reads. i looked at some of them 'andrew lurking scum'. thats your reason?

Awesome. Did you even bother reading our case on DavidX? Yeah probably not, right? Just skimmed- looked for your own name because that's all that matters? Rhetorical. Meaning: I don't care about your response because it's obvious.

Junpei NOW wrote:And after going over killerjesters ISO again I didn't notice anything that should put him up at the spot where others are on the scumlist.

Junpei EARLIER wrote:Oh, I did. And I think
Killerjester,
ThreeisFrench, and LeonShade
is mafia

I am a little confused because you first said that he was mafia so obviously you found something scummy enough about him. Are you saying that after the re-read that your opinions have changed? If that is the case I would like some new reads.

~
BALLIN

Junpei wrote:(p.s. I hate hydras)

Well we hate you too,or at least I do...but I'm sure my other head will back me up!
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by chkballin »

AGAIN FOR ISO PURPOSES and if I do this again someone PLEASE punch me in the face.
glowball wrote:
ThreeIsFrench wrote:@Junpei: I believe you asked who our heads are. It's hiplop and DonJosh

Just to clear up some misunderstandings, this is my first post on the hydra besides the "/confirm" post. I will be more active from now on.

~DJ

Awesome.
@KillerJester....obviously there was no "head" confusion. Now how would you explain the lie/double vote?
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by chkballin »

@MOD: Any way you can delete the posts from my glowball account-- it's taking up space unnecessarily and I posted them again under the hydra account...sorry
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 am

Post by chkballin »

Silverdrummer and myself are also hydras. Unlike silverdrummer, however, glowball and I confer constantly to stay on the same page and avoid that terribad hydra-move of "well you should ask otherhead" as it's quite a cop-out. It's not hard to have a hydra QT if you can't see/talk to one another and be on top of yourselves.

Rodion, what site are you from? Also, how likely do you think it is that Zinger is scum? How strong is your read?

Zinger, who is Chevre's scum partner that is prodding them to post?

Moron (erm, Meran), you planned on lurking D1 since it started; glad you informed us of this SIXTEEN PAGES IN. I'm not on the boat of 'give reads or be lynched' but I don't see any town motivation in a move like this. You're prod dodging and floating through the day on purpose. Are you always this anti-town D1? Can you provide some meta for it?

vezok, since you didn't know what you were trying to say in that post... can you try to reiterate it for us one more time, please?

izak, do you have a top three scumreads? I'd like to see them if you do.

Peregrine, have we "bought" your vote? If not, can you explain why?

~
CHK
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 am

Post by chkballin »

Just a general inquiry....

Why is it such a big deal that hydras tag their posts? We are one player. We are one mind. You would/should hold us accountable no matter what either head says and truly my meta is much different in hydra because I have to consider his thoughts as well.

@ThreeIsFrench...I wasn't joking, I really want an answer on why you lied in the reasoning for your double vote
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:50 am

Post by chkballin »

Oh and we cannot go back and tag our posts, we do not have that ability. However, we will try from now on to be more on top of it since it seems to be a big deal...

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 am

Post by chkballin »

Well, I can say this....my other head and I know each other in real life so some early votes weren't tagged because we made those together and you can assume that is the case from now on. If the post isn't tagged we wrote it together/ simultaneously/while we were in the same room.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 am

Post by chkballin »

glowball (aka chkballin), emphasis mine wrote:Just because you start something with "with all due respect" doesn't make the statement that comes after excuseable. At least 50% of this hydra does not respond well to insults that are unjustly received. I am not attacking you, don't attack me. That being said, I am not here to speculate whether or not you could have posted more content. If you were not V/LA or did not post anything inferring you were too busy to post content, I will expect content and being hypocritical by pointing out that jily has none raised some eyebrows. Now it doesn't make jily less scummy,
it actually had no effect on my reads
. This, you pointing out a point you obviously thought was stupid, does make me question why you even felt the need to respond at all.
chkballin, emphasis mine wrote:Pinky and the Brain - Called jily out for a lack of content when at that time their own player slot hadn't brought much more, if anything, to the table besides indifference to mass claiming; null/
leaning scum

Reconcile plz.

...okay? It had no effect on my read, it was just a comment I maee. You are null/leaning scum for other reasons, adding harping to a null/leaning read as one of them...

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 am

Post by chkballin »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Chevre wrote:Zinger2009, are you town? It's a simple yes/no question.

No, I'm not.

I'm
SELF

What is this supposed to mean? Are you trying to claim SK or Survivor?

As for Meransiel, I hate thinking that scum would never be that obvious but he's been asking for trouble so it's some sort of play or tactic. Maybe he's trying to read people or something definitely nothing lynch worthy at this point. We have bigger fish to fry- PeregrineV gets it...DavidX is scum so let's do this!

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 am

Post by chkballin »

chkballin wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:Reconcile plz.

....okay? It had no effect on my read, it was just a comment I maee. You are null/leaning scum for other reasons, adding harping to a null/leaning read as one of them...

You expect me to believe that in a list of reads, the comment immediately preceeding the read
is of
no relevance
whatsoever to the read
?

It is one of the more notable aspects of your play IMO at that time, I referenced it. However, I don't EXPECT you to believe anything- they are my reads, yours is null/leaning and this isn't up for debate. It really shouldn't bother you this much...

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 am

Post by chkballin »

Zinger2099 wrote:
I have the ability to win before the game is over

Are you guys unfamiliar with third party roles that aren't a Serial Killer? He's claiming that he's not a threat to town... why does that warrant him to be lynched?

Everyone on the Zinger just got scum points for going for the "easy mislynch" when it's obvious he has a win condition completely seperate to the rest of the town.

See also: get over yourselves. Would scum claim like that? Seriously?

~
CHK
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by chkballin »

Just some quick thoughts :
The recent claim has had a substantial effect on this hydra. The only thing we can agree on is that our Day 1 scumhunting/lynching efforts would be best placed elsewhere, although the severity of the Zinger problem is debatable. Our general thoughts are that the self-aligned jailkeeper claim is most likely true, however his win condition and/or subsequent details of fulfillment or lack thereof may have been slightly altered. Simply put: We think he is who he claims, but we don't trust him to be honest about what happens if he doesn't win since it seems a tad bit boring( but not impossible) that he would remain in the game if his target dies.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by chkballin »

Policy lynches are the brainchild of scum for easy mislynches or frustrated/arrogant town who can't "tame" a player. I have lied as town, when I believe I am smarter and more in tune than the other people I am playing with- it's worked and it's failed. NOW isn't the time to argue game theory... Why Zinger felt the need to do so bothers me because I am not totally convinced by his reasoning.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 am

Post by chkballin »

It's so sad how many personal shots are taken in these games, and I've done it before too but I really wish we'd all just come off of our pedestals and stop being so aggressive.

More onto the game, I've never played with a neighborizer but I somehow don't see it as a bad thing regardless of the alignment. All it does is open communication right? So you would just have to watch what you say? I mean it could help your reads I suppose. I don't know the details and the wiki says the restrictions are up to the mod so this is just some speculation. Unless I am missing something,I don't think it matters...

Also, are we going to get everyone up to L-1 day one? I mean these bandwagons have proven virtually unsuccessful IMO. These aggressive pressure sessions have just outed 2 PRs if you believe what Vifam and Zinger have said. ZeL1nK just decided to out himself earlier so it's obvious that we've got the aggressive playstyle from probably on both alignments which is pushing this game in a bad direction...All I ask is that if we go pushing another person up to L-1 that we intend to lynch one of those people who have already claimed. It's time for a flip and a bandwagon analysis.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:29 am

Post by chkballin »

Junpei wrote:Chkballin, my claim was not at all the same as Zingers' claim, I think that much is obvious. Classifying it as the same thing is ridiculous. Zingers' claim wasn't the result of the votes, the votes were the result of Zinger's claim.

Claims are claims. That is all I am saying, and Zinger was catching heat earlier anyway. The point that I think you are missing is that if you and he are telling the truth then there are town PRs outed. Ideally I don't like any PRs outed, but since we've already got 3 out I'd like to try and keep that number low. Do you disagree?

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by chkballin »

Currently working to spruce the David case with some new points, rebut his rebut, and respond to some posts.

I truly enjoy andrew's posts and how fantastically tunnely they are; especially considering the multitude of things he ignores when he posts. Same with Chevre.

I'd super appreciate it if we stopped the theory talk and just move the fuck on already.

Can anyone who thinks David is town give me some reasons why?

~
CHK
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by chkballin »

Super sorry, I'm at Ballin's house right now spending some time with her. We've been busy doing some RL things; fortunately, however, the promised post is coming within the next 24 hours. Guarantee it.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:04 am

Post by chkballin »

David Xanatos wrote:Frankly, at that point, there was nothing I found particularly scummy about Vifam at that point. Not everyone instantly jumps into the game, and frankly I've always been one to take a slightly laid back role until I get a feel for the other players, you can check up my last game on that if you like. (Yes, I did claim too early then, but it worked out in the end.)

I didn't mention a word about Vifam, he's not the only person that was under the proverbial 'microscope'... so your response here is more or less void. The fact that you prefer a "laid back role" until town starts to light a fire under your ass isn't much of a defense either, much less a very town-motivated one.

David Xanatos wrote:There was a difference of
FOUR
minutes. That was simply me taking an RVS prod at Chev, seeing ThreeisFrench and thinking "Aha, the French!". Hardly "RVS vote hop onto ANOTHER RVS vote" given the timescale.

Wow... so you
agree
that they're both random votes yet, by some force, you
disagree
that it's an RVS vote hopping onto another RVS vote? The fact that it's four minutes apart proves that it's two RVS votes back-to-back. You're bass ackwards here.

David Xanatos wrote:For a moment there you had me thinking I'd made a mistake, and the posts were by two seperate people.. can you please be consistent in the way you refer to a player? When I read that the first time I honestly thought I'd addressed MoI about a point someone else had made.

Semantics. I'll type how I want, it's not my fault if you have a problem keeping up. You obviously fixed your own problem; what was the point in pointing this out? Have you ever heard of IIoA? This is a small example of it right here.

David Xanatos wrote:Regardless, to respond, at that point I was under the impression he was joking. It seemed to me at that point like a pure RVS wagon, and I didn't feel the need to move my vote to a wagon that I had no true basis in joining. ThreeisFrench had only me on him at that point, with what I felt was an obvious joke vote, whereas the Vezok wagon could catch wind without any real response from Vezok, and I'd rather not lynch without at least a cursory defense.

You're completely off base here. Whether you thought the Vezok wagon was warranted or not, you're play here is still "hurr hurr I'm hilarious" instead of doing some actual scum-hunting until the town, again, lights that fire under your ass. This is not town-motivated play; therefore, I still don't think you're town.

David Xanatos wrote:Vifam refused to give any defense beyond "I agreed with the reads", while accusing others of sheeping, and trying everything to make people "look over there", so to speak.

It's funny how you're doing the exact same thing here.

David Xanatos wrote:Frankly, I didn't believe that he was using that as a defense, so I opted to give him/her time to post an actual defense. I believe 15 hours is more than sufficient time for someone who isn't V/LA or under an RL pressure to respond, so by that point I decided to put my vote down and assess the situation based on any defense forthcoming, as the current one just didn't hold water.

And now you're just repeating yourself as if it's reiterating some sort of point. It isn't. You're simply justifying my original point in saying that you were stalling so it didn't look so much like a bandwagon vote as much as it is. What are your current thoughts on Vezok? I don't want a re-quoted read, I want what you feel at this exact moment. Go.

David Xanatos wrote:The third link you claim I'm trying to "justify" myself is after Admiral said essentially that I should have voted for Vifam. That was my simply pointing out I already had done.

The last two sentences were chopped because, again, you like to talk and talk until the original point is diluted. Thanks. My point isn't about Admiral, it's about the fact that you're trying to justify your vote on Vezok (which you're still doing here, you're just using different words - neat scum tactic) and trying to look as town as possible when doing it. It's not convincing and, most of all,
still
not town-motivated.

Does anyone think David is acting in a town-motivated manner here?

David Xanatos wrote:And the fourth link you provided there, what's more town friendly? Three words, or giving the explanation in a nutshell before I went out the door?

If I'd simply said "I've answered this", I rather suspect you'd have used that as an excuse to claim I'm "lurking Scum" or similar.

You know, I can show you the photos from my weekend break if you like, before you claim the V/LA was a "Scum Gambit" or something. :3

Wow... you're quite the paranoid player. If you had said "I've answered this" like I was saying, I think my original point would be pretty moot wouldn't it?

Your obvious paranoia doesn't sit well with me at all. I understand it may seem as if you're "damned if you do, damned if you don't" but that's not the case here, nor have I attacked every single thing you've done. I'm only placing a target on the things I find suspect. This over-defensive behavior just makes me think that I'm right.

David Xanatos wrote:That was me being sarcastic about the fact you claimed to be "working on a wall" to "expect soon". You'll note I didn't mention your vote at all, not quite sure how that qualifies as "defensive".

And herein lies my main issue with your starting play. Now you get the magical excuse of "oh, I was joking" every single time you're questioned or under fire. That's an excuse, your post in question seemed very serious and, therefore, defensive as hell.

David Xanatos wrote:There's a Hydra that's completely unclaimed. I'm new to the "Hydra" concept, but as I stated to the mod, it seems to go against some of the game theory of "tells" et cetera. It also suggests to me that at least one of the two has something rather negative to hide, which arouses my interest to a degree.

AGAIN you're missing the point entirely. The post in question is moot in and of itself because there was only one unclaimed hydra. Every other hydra was very open and honest, which says to me that you were very much so skimming and again attempting to appear town-motivated when in reality you're just keeping your head above water so players see you as trying to contribute when that couldn't be further from the truth.

David Xanatos wrote:Now.. with that post addressed, I plod onwards. I apologise that I am a little behind, but as I said, working onwards as I can.

lawl - this now applies to me. Didn't want to make this a wall people skim so I'll be giving time between posts for clarity as well as time for response.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by chkballin »

Not going to lie- This is whole huge player game thing is new to me, this hydra is currently in 2 Large games but this one has tons more activity and all of these posts hurt my brain. That being said I fully intend to read all of them.

@DavidX- You rub my other head the wrong way, mostly because at first you were joking a lot when you could have been scumhunting. No one said to sheep and jump on a wagon, we just wanted you do something. Also, you seemed very cautious but not in the townie way. You were cautious to place a vote like scum would be. Townies generally don't care what people think of their votes because they have nothing to hide or prove to anyone.

If you haven't noticed my other head is more aggressive/abrasive than I am- I like to think it evens us out. I think the silverdrummer wagon is going in the right direction and if the wagon gets to L-1, we will surely come in to hammer if there hasn't been some sort of revelation. We won't change our vote now mostly because I have no idea where my other head is, but I'll see him soon and when it comes to votes we have to agree.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 am

Post by chkballin »

let's get a move on this...

VOTE: Silver

If you have any issues with any player, and you have a night action- sort them out during the night. This is just becoming tiring and I agree that everyone needs to pick someone.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am

Post by chkballin »

VOTE: Silver

He should have been lynched yesterday. Also, on a separate note given the amount of activity we've decided to keep things brief. If we are tired of reading crap, we are sure there are others who are tired of reading it too.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by chkballin »

Let me clarify for Junpei and whatever Silver said, because to be honest- I REALLY don't read things that are insulting.

I DO NOT WANT TO READ CRAP. YES, ME- GLOWBALL DO NOT WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO OR READ ANYMORE CRAP.

If it is fitting we will make large posts, but going through ISOs of NONSENSE is tedious and unhelpful. When our alarm goes off we will tell you, and we are reading but if half way through the post you still have yet to make any sense or say anything relevant you will probably be ignored if I am reading it and because I am the main head at this time that's life. I think it is more anti-town to spam the thread. Just do not be fooled, it is not laziness, and to be fair it isn't even both heads- Laziness would be that I wouldn't read a wall. I WILL READ WALLS if they have something to say rather than the tit for tat going nowhere fast arguments. I've seen this crap, you've probably seen this crap and it's just townies tearing themselves apart. If an argument becomes scummy we are here to scumhunt. Active lurking isn't the purpose. If you don't respect that do what you want, policy lynch, blacklist- don't care.

When your arguments are worth reading, they will be read.

*Consider adopting a Vollkan- like concise scum hunting system that contains less fluff.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 am

Post by chkballin »

Castle Bravo wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Castle Bravo wrote:Huh? Are you saying they can recruit scum?

Neigbhorizors recruit players to a Neighborhood. No-one in the Neighborhood is alignment confirmed. Town and scum both are fully capable of having a Neighborizor role. I can link to tons of examples as necessary.

Oh well that's a stupid role then. They should both recruit someone in each other's neighborhood to prove they're not cult leaders. But cults always lose so who cares? Town can get a lot of silly bad roles.

Let's lynch rodion. He's scummy.

Not lynching Rodion right now, not a threat.

As for the neighborizor talk- this hydra was recruited but not by andrew...we are currently assessing the reads we have on the members of the neighborhood before we talk to them too much.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 am

Post by chkballin »

Andrew, is a puzzling player in the way that he is VI. I never know if he's just being ridiculous or if he's scum- given that their are supposedly two neighborizors I am betting that they both aren't town so I could get behind an andrew lynch.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by chkballin »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:ALIGNMENTS ARE RANDOMIZED YOU FUCKS. That means that there can damn well be two Town Neighborizers. Hell, there could be two mafia neighborizers.

unvote, Vote: izak

More likely scum than Silver imo.

There very well could be a Scum Neighborizor and a Town Neighborizor. Alignments are randomized, but there isn't a Town Godfather...you do not know if the mod had a role specifically for scum so that the set up is balanced. The randomization comes to which player gets which role. Do you have any proof that says there isn't a Scum Neighborizor role?

Also, I realize that we didn't address this whole ZeL1nK claim thing- For one, we don't like people threatening other players with being lynched. At that point you are attempting to pressure another player with the threat of the anger of the majority. No one player has that power. Right now, it isn't necessary that Zel1nK claims, it helps scum more than us anyway.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by chkballin »

Mod wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

-diddin

NOTE THIS:

CHARACTER ALIGNMENT
will be randomly generated...meaning that any CHARACTER can be town or scum. ROLES like neighborizors aren't tied to a specific character.

The mod's note was to make sure that if people name claimed they wouldn't be assumed town just because they are Superman. I want to know what make you think that there isn't a scum neighborizor as a ROLE. Because Characters and Roles are different.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by chkballin »

Rainbowdash wrote:
@chk - Thoughts on Peregrine, oversoul and Banshee?

None of those three would be my choice lynch for the day.

Castle Bravo wrote:
chkballin wrote:Andrew, is a puzzling player in the way that he is VI. I never know if he's just being ridiculous or if he's scum- given that their are supposedly two neighborizors I am betting that they both aren't town so I could get behind an andrew lynch.

VI - villiage idiot? That's what the wiki says but I want to confirm.

If so are you claiming that you are too dumb to read an idiot? You are a very confusing player.

Chkball, what's your read on rodion?

Do you think Andrew is a cult recruiter?

It's not as confusing as you are painting it to be- so that's noted. I am not saying I am too dumb to read an idiot, I am saying that idiots play like idiots and are generally hard to read if you are someone who has a brain :D. Andrew plays a game that makes no sense for town IMO, he's made me think he's scum twice and I've been wrong and I've been right. I say his play is unvarying and a little ridiculous.

My read on Rodion is that he isn't a threat and he isn't a day 2 lynch. At best Rodion is a serial killer, but I am almost positive he's town.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by chkballin »

Rainbowdash wrote:
chkballin wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
@chk - Thoughts on Peregrine, oversoul and Banshee?

None of those three would be my choice lynch for the day.

Lets go beyond "not my top lynch choice" here.

I see no reason to. I am not going substantiate a lynch for people I don't see as threats for the day. What was the ultimate goal of that question?
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by chkballin »

Castle Bravo wrote:
chkballin wrote:It's not as confusing as you are painting it to be- so that's noted. I am not saying I am too dumb to read an idiot, I am saying that idiots play like idiots and are generally hard to read if you are someone who has a brain :D. Andrew plays a game that makes no sense for town IMO, he's made me think he's scum twice and I've been wrong and I've been right. I say his play is unvarying and a little ridiculous.

My read on Rodion is that he isn't a threat and he isn't a day 2 lynch. At best Rodion is a serial killer, but I am almost positive he's town.

How would you have knowledge that lets you determine that a player is either town or a serial killer, but definitely not scum?

What are you hoping to determine from this line of questioning? AND with that, is it beneficial more to town or to scum? It is my belief that the answers you want are more beneficial to scum. General play also shares some weight in my opinion of Rodion...

Now that I have said my piece on Rodion, if you push his lynch and he flips as I suspect- then you will shoot up my suspect list.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by chkballin »

V/LA until Tuesday

I'm driving down to LA to see HairSpray at the Hollywood Bowl :D

....if my other head shows up then, idk he's here but as far as I know he's not around either.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2008 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Post by chkballin »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: andrew

fine with this lynch....
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 am

Post by chkballin »

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:42 am

Post by chkballin »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
MoI wrote:Role Cops Usually Don't get Alignment

Youa re so dumb. The role is called vanilla townie. Are you one? Yes, according to the mod you are. Look at Andrew's Death Scene his role title was MAFIA neighborizor.

Role Cops get results like Vanilla. Without straining myself here is the write up from the Wiki page -

A Role Cop is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target. In Normal games, this is "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker, and so forth. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla".

So no ... you blew your claim.

And this is the ONLY thing you can attack on my post on you.

Just die, scum.

From the SAME wiki link on Variations wrote:In some role madness games or
in games with multiple scum groups, the condition that Role Cop does not learn its target's alignment is not applied
. Role Cops will learn the full role name of their targets. In particularly extreme cases this has been extended to the Role Cop receiving the entire Role PM of its target (with names and chat topic links deleted, of course).

We are in the Theme Park, Normal Guidelines do not apply
UNVOTE:
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2178 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am

Post by chkballin »

also, MoI earns scum points for intentionally omitting the above quote in regards to flavor cops...
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 am

Post by chkballin »

Oversoul wrote:Jason would not give you a cop + rolecop ability, personal bodyguard, and whatever else you claim to have.

Why is everyone suspecting Magna when DMSIS already claimed him as VT? Why are people being retarded?

Oversoul, you can't have it both ways- if DMSIS "cleared" him in your eyes, then you must buy into DMSIS having some sort of cop ability. If you don't believe DMSIS then all of his results are NULL and just go right into WIFOM and speculation...

btw... I want no part of this- I don't know Jason's Mod Meta, I just know that this is Theme Park and it's possible. I need a little bit more than meta to convince me that shotty is scum. If you guys are right then bravo...but if not then it gets into dangerous territory
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2193 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 am

Post by chkballin »

Yeah I read your post and I am still not convinced. I am all for killing Castle Bravo with extreme vengeance and prejudice...
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

Post by chkballin »

Um, Castle obviously isn't Mafia Goon- he's probably a jester because outright claiming mafia goon at least truthfully is playing against your win condition. He wants to be lynched and I'd much rather prefer that he be killed during the night.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2200 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 am

Post by chkballin »

either jester OR he's some sort of bomb...it is definitely possible that he has some sort of trick up his sleeve.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am

Post by chkballin »

MOD:
CASTLE BRAVO HAS OUTRIGHT CLAIMED MAFIA GOON, IF HIS CLAIM IS TRUTHFUL HE IS PLAYING AGAINST HIS WIN CONDITION...
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR STANCE ON THIS...

Btw Bravo, you aren't an obvscum read anymore- you are just an anti-town read. AH... thanks okay so no jesters- just Castle and a fake claim, or a truthful claim probably with a pending modkill....
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 am

Post by chkballin »

Yeah...I'd go for bomb, because mafia goons don't outright claim and win.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2215 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Post by chkballin »

Pending mod contact on the matter...
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2221 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by chkballin »

It's almost confirmed that you are lying Castle...
It is a widely accepted practice to modkill players who outright claim mafia- Jason's lack of a response is a response in itself. Also, I never said you are town Castle- I said you aren't scum. There are 3rd parties and I will have you figured out soon enough...

I need more of a reason to vote Oversoul besides just the fact that we have 2 JOATs. Rodion is NOT an acceptable alternative
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2223 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 am

Post by chkballin »

Also... I never had balls, I guess the other head did but he's not so active.

NINJA'D
It's not a town tell, stop saying that- no one thinks that you are town.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2224 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 am

Post by chkballin »

Well let me rephrase that, I don't think that you are town- some people might
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:59 am

Post by chkballin »

Hey Castle, you aren't getting my vote
WHY? It's not because I think you are town.
it's because you aren't a threat-- even if your claim is truthful, you are the lowest of the low in scum and you won't win if you survive to end game, with this stunt you just pulled. Your "game move" has compromised you whether you are town or scum. I don't need to vote you.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by chkballin »

damn it
VOTE: Oversoul
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by chkballin »

one more unprovoked personal attack from Castle Bravo will have me replace out- this game is hassle enough without someone taking shots at me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”