Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Vifam »

vezokpiraka wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:I'm way more awesome than you.

A. Given you are vezok, no you aren't. :P
B. Your character cannot be possibly as cool as mine. Period.

Interesting.

Because I GOT THE COOLEST CHARACTER EVARR.

Mass name claim? I don't know how that can hurt.

I see no reason not too, but I'd hold up on it for a second.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Vifam »

chkballin wrote:
vezok wrote:Mass name claim?

They're random at best, so I'm against this. I don't see jason putting evil characters against a bunch of good characters, so mass name claiming would only help scum more than it'll help town since town will more than likely be the only honest claims.

Right, scum can just make up names and weed out the ones who seem to be PR's, I should have realized this earlier.

Pvt Slate wrote:Sorry I had no idea Vifam was in this one

Please replace me /out

After I defended you that whole game, fucked up man ;_;
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Vifam »

jasonT1981 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

Oh NVM then.

I'll name claim I am Captain Ben Sisko.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Vifam »

chkballin wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

All the more reason not to name claim.

What's the beef between wifam/slate?

@Mod:
Are you replacing people by request? I think it's kind of derp for him to do that without a legit reason. Disliking one out of, what, twenty-plus people? Not good reason imo.

NINJA'd: lol now I get to go see who the hell that is.

How does that make name claiming non-optimal play? If it's not the standard Good vs Bad Guy scenario, what is the problem?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Vifam »

killerjester wrote:
Vifam wrote:How does that make name claiming non-optimal play? If it's not the standard Good vs Bad Guy scenario, what is the problem?

Trying to guess out the PR's in the town. For instance, House M.D. (if used) would more likely than not be a doctor or some saving role. To fit the character.

No real way to outguess the mod when it comes to PR powers. House M.D could also be a shrink or something, right? I always thought there was some kind of psychology in that show.

Although, that contradicts what I said in my earlier posts, but if it isn't Good guy vs Bad Guy, it's anyone guess.

Anyway, I agree with MoI, we are 4 pages in and you're ready for a fullclaim? No way man.

VOTE: Rodian
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Vifam »

vezokpiraka wrote:
killerjester wrote:
Vifam wrote:How does that make name claiming non-optimal play? If it's not the standard Good vs Bad Guy scenario, what is the problem?

Trying to guess out the PR's in the town. For instance, House M.D. (if used) would more likely than not be a doctor or some saving role. To fit the character.

That is complete bulshit.

Last game every single role was randomized. Spider man was a neighbourizer.

I suggest a mass name claim because it starts discussion because I like to be in character.

It has started discussion, probably not the discussion you are going for, but discussion none the less, so your objective has already been reached, right?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Vifam »

marco1610 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Marco wrote:Why are people pushing the vezok lynch?

Why didn’t you place some sort of RVS stage vote?

Because we have lots of time left. My question was rhetorical, by the way.

I don't understand...you didn't want to RVS in a 27 man game because you were afraid we are gonna lynch?

lol?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Vifam »

marco1610 wrote:
Vifam wrote:
marco1610 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Marco wrote:Why are people pushing the vezok lynch?

Why didn’t you place some sort of RVS stage vote?

Because we have lots of time left. My question was rhetorical, by the way.

I don't understand...you didn't want to RVS in a 27 man game because you were afraid we are gonna lynch?

lol?

I do not understand the confusion. I didn't feel like RNGing a vote because I'm quite lazy and I didn't feel like voting for the first person I see because I know none of you. What's the harm in waiting? I'm not afraid of lynching people, I just didn't bother with voting yet.

Seems like you're falling back on your newbiness to me, but eh, W/E, you're a null tell right now.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Vifam »

Not knowing people isn't really an excuse not to participate in a RVS.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Vifam »

No, trust me, those were excuses. It's the RVS stage, and not knowing people is *Not* a legitimate reason, at all. It's important to apply pressure to the players around you, you're "reason" is anti town.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Vifam »

And yeah, that's a little better, although misplaced, I'd rather you vote Rod.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Vifam »

marco1610 wrote:
Vifam wrote:No, trust me, those were excuses. It's the RVS stage, and not knowing people is *Not* a legitimate reason, at all. It's important to apply pressure to the players around you, you're "reason" is anti town.

You are trying to misdirect anyone reading our back and forth. Implying that I refused to vote. Almost seems like you're trying to implicate me without actual evidence.

Vifam wrote:And yeah, that's a little better, although misplaced, I'd rather you vote Rod.

I think I'll keep my vote on you for now. Considering the trick you're trying to pull.

I'm not trying to "implicate" anything, your reason for not participating in the RVS is NOT valid, that's all I'm trying to say. Understand now? You are overreacting, there would be no backlash from you voting in the RVS stage, I'm just telling you there was no reason to really hold back.

@Rod

You know, we are four pages in now, and I doubt that you think we'd come to a lynch before the day had officially started. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I've made the same mistake.

UNVOTE:
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Vifam »

marco1610 wrote:
Vifam wrote:I'm not trying to "implicate" anything, your reason for not participating in the RVS is NOT valid, that's all I'm trying to say. Understand now? You are overreacting, there would be no backlash from you voting in the RVS stage, I'm just telling you there was no reason to really hold back.

If you insist you're not trying to implicate me, then I'm either not putting my point across clearly or you're not paying attention to what I said.

your reason for not participating in the RVS is NOT valid

I didn't avoid participating in the RVS. It is still underway. I did not vote because I did not. No reason. I had yet to go through the thread. I did not know anyone. I was posting from my phone. I did not want to RNG unnecessarily when I could just vote later. Like I did.

You are overreacting, there would be no backlash from you voting in the RVS stage, I'm just telling you there was no reason to really hold back.

But I did not. Not voting at once does not mean I won't vote at all.

I'm not trying to imply you WON'T vote, I'm saying that your reason for NOT voting at the time when Rod had done something genuinely suspicious isn't really *valid*. And the fact that you asked why we are lynching Vizok implies that you didn't want to participate unless there was proof, well, Rod had done something scummy, so isn't that proof enough at this stage of the game?

You seem to think that I'm trying to make you come off as scummy when I'm not.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Vifam »

Also I had no idea you were in the middle of doing other things, maybe if you said that before we wouldn't be discussing this :/
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Vifam »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, I learned from [REDACTED] that vezo's actually pretty smart, I'm against the rumors that he's a VI. Ok, well I guess he's a VI, but he can be helpful.

Don't like the fencesitting, as she seems to be calling vezok a VI and not a VI in the same post, while not taking a real stance. Not to mention no commentary on anything else going on right now.

Vote: Jilynne1991

Don't like the Rodion wagon. He's defending himself well enough and seems to just be noobtown to me. Also don't like how Magna's pushing him so hard.

-diddin

Gah, didn't even notice that. I agree with this.

VOTE: Jillynne
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Vifam »

Alright so far:

Rod ----> Town, genuine defense and no real reason to continue the BW.

Marco----->Null/Scum- Could be just a sensitive townie, his "I don't know anyone here" is kind of something to look out for.

Jyl------->Scummy - Looking up games to see a PL that obviously wasn't gonna happen? Doubt it

Zinger-------> Null/Scum - I don't see any attempt to actually get in the game yet and I didn't like his reaction to being "shot"

Oversoul-------> Null/Scum - This is more of a gut tell, TBQH

Pappums ------> Town/Null - All his posts are fine except #106, since I've seen townies label their vote as an RVS, didn't really help his argument.

KillerJester---------Town - Big scumhunter so far.

David -------------> Null - Could lean anyway

MoI ---------------> Null/Scum - Not liking the attack on Rodian.

This post looks dumb, but IDRC.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Vifam »

UNVOTE: Rodion
VOTE: Vifam

This is the second time you’ve hopped right after someone else’s vote with “Me Too” reasoning (the first was my vote on Rodion). I’m not seeing anything that looks like actual scum-hunting in your back and forth with Marco or any of your other posts.

I disagree with the fence-sitting portion of the attack.

That's because both of them did something legitimately scummy. And Jyl's defense of Vezok when the BW on Vezok obviously wasn't going strong at the time is the scummiest thing yet.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Vifam »

EBWOP: Besides, they're others on this wagon, if you're REALLY looking for the one that seems most opportunistic, you should be aiming for:

Nero Cain wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, lemme clarify my earlier post. I think vezo's a VI, but I'll certainly never vote him again for a policy lynch, because he actually was the first person to do [REDACTED] in [REDACTED.]

Just b/c he got some votes doesn't mean anyone was going to PL him.

Jilly is defending/buddying Vezok just a little bit too much for my tastes. I also don't like Marco's reaction with Vifam.

vote:Jilly

Now THIS seems like some honest sheeping, don't you think?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Vifam »

Crap, alt slipped.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Vifam »

But yeah, I see what you mean, I doubt most of those people are scum, I might have been a little over the top.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Vifam »

Sorry Nero but your /confirm - JUMP ON WAGGON doesn't sit well.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Vifam »

Okay, after going over this thread a little more, I think the most likely to be scum are:

MoI
Jyl
Marco
Nero

Take that as you will. But I think we have scum somewhere in those four.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Vifam »

And the scumdar goes wild!!! DING DING DING DING DING

Blatant “I’m doing something scummy but look over here this guys is more scummy vote him instead” tell detected.

Seriously – Nero is scum for his single case of bandwagon hopping, but you aren’t scum when you’ve done it multiple times?

That's not what I'm trying to get at, I'm saying, how is Nero any more scummy then I am if he has done the same thing? Does the fact that he opened up with BLATENT sheeping mean anything to you? You also disagree that Jyl is fencesitting, so why aren't you directing any of your scumhunting at the person who STARTED the BW?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Vifam »

This is totally unrelated to the game so I’m segregating it at the top –

Are you really telling me you have been here 1.5 months and felt the need to already have an Alt?

Yes.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Vifam »

killerjester wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ok, so why did you say you didn’t see any reasons to not wagon Vezok if you have no previous knowledge of his play?

Because the whole, "Let's lynch Vezok before he can even post," seemed joking and lighthearted. I was going more for sarcasm with my post and hitched onto the bandwagon with my RVS. Technically I could also say I was fishing for people's reactions to my post, but honestly the thought hadn't crossed my mind at the time. Then I moved on when I noticed something a little more serious.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vifam wrote:EBWOP: Besides, they're others on this wagon, if you're REALLY looking for the one that seems most opportunistic, you should be aiming for:

And the scumdar goes wild!!! DING DING DING DING DING

Blatant “I’m doing something scummy but look over here this guys is more scummy vote him instead” tell detected.

Seriously – Nero is scum for his single case of bandwagon hopping, but you aren’t scum when you’ve done it multiple times?

I felt the same way about Vifam contradicting himself. "I may be sheeping but this guy is also sheeping and everyone should look at him now, not me." That's not a defense, that's deflecting suspicion. And I do find it quite scummy.

@Vifam, could you elaborate your thoughts a little more on MoI? I'm curious because I'm not getting the same read as you are.

I feel as if Nero's vote is a lot more scummier than mine, TBQH , first off, it doesn't really seem like he's actually *read* the thread, seems more to me like he saw a BW went "OH THIS IS GOOD" and hopped on. And he didn't explain *What* about Marco's reaction was so terrible, the whole thing is scummy, and I don't see why he'd go Vifam > Nero when Nero is acting like he is.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Vifam »

Basically MoI I want to know why you think I am better lynch compared to Nero or anyone else on the Jyl wagon, ASIDE from the fact I've "sheeped" twice.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Vifam »

killerjester wrote:
Vifam wrote:Basically MoI I want to know why you think I am better lynch compared to Nero or anyone else on the Jyl wagon, ASIDE from the fact I've "sheeped" twice.

You havn't offered a defense for yourself, that's what gets to me the most. MoI may have his own feelings though, and I'd like to hear them.

For now VOTE: Vifam

Sadly, the only possible defense is "I agreed with their reads".
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Vifam »

God damm it.

I'll defend myself later.
ok