Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

ZeL1nK wrote:I am going to vig Zinger tonight. Anyone have a problem with this?

Chevre wrote:I think a nameclaim is a bad idea; even if factions are randomized, it may be the case that their TV Roles have a factor in any PRs that may exist.

If it's like the last jasont game, roles are randomised, not just alignments.

The reason it's a bad idea is because it's a waste of time and achieves nothing.

Why would you claim when a real life day hasn't even pass? :cry: If there is a doctor, please protect him ZeL1nk. Is there some game mechanic that I am missing? I thought everyone was in agreement to not claim D1?
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

You moron.

-d
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ok, lemme clarify my earlier post. I think vezo's a VI, but I'll certainly never vote him again for a policy lynch, because he actually was the first person to do [REDACTED] in [REDACTED.]
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

OverSoul, you obviously believe the vig claim. Tonight, I'm going to shoot you, protect Pinky and the Brain, and investigate TheAdmiral, do you believe that too?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, lemme clarify my earlier post. I think vezo's a VI, but I'll certainly never vote him again for a policy lynch, because he actually was the first person to do [REDACTED] in [REDACTED.]

Now I really want to see what Vezo did that is so amazing. ._.

Also, Pinky and the Brain judging from your ~d, you are a hyrda?

I am sorry if I can't sense sarcasm through text.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:24 pm

We are a hydra of diddin and Hoppster. I will generally sign my posts with -diddin or -d.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by killerjester »

jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, lemme clarify my earlier post. I think vezo's a VI, but I'll certainly never vote him again for a policy lynch, because he actually was the first person to do [REDACTED] in [REDACTED.]

Fair [unvote[/unvote]
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
DavidX wrote:Unvote: Chevre
Vote: ThreeIsFrench

First rule of society. Never trust the Frenchies.

So, please elaborate on why you preferred this vote to Vezok after being specifically invited.

David, you missed this. Are you skimming?
VOTE: DavidX
I'd like it answered, please.
Note: It was in reference to this invitation.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Now stop fretting about it and vote Vezok!
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by killerjester »

EBWOP: Bah, missed that bracket. I'm not going to fix it though, since unvoting isn't required.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

jilynne1991 wrote:OverSoul, you obviously believe the vig claim. Tonight, I'm going to shoot you, protect Pinky and the Brain, and investigate TheAdmiral, do you believe that too?

I do. Sounds reasonable enough...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

I do.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by easjo682 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

3French wrote:VOTE: Easjo i replaced him in another game

Good-posting. Easjo will lurk pointlessly in this game until flaking.

Says who? last year when the conversion happened, my computer/internet didn't agree with the new board, so I couldn't really do anything.
As for the game 3French replaced me in (I'm guessing thats the recent newbie one) I received no warning when I was removed from the game.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I'm not skimming. I'll clarify this with a question.

How long have you been a French sympathiser?
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by andrew94 »

reading through, easjo682 first post is very sus. if you look at it. you will know it is wrong.

also, oversoul is not as clueless as she pretends to be. that dude was obviously joking
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

/confirm
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Just b/c he got some votes doesn't mean anyone was going to PL him.

Jilly is defending/buddying Vezok just a little bit too much for my tastes. I also don't like Marco's reaction with Vifam.

vote:Jilly
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 am

jilynne1991 wrote:OverSoul, you obviously believe the vig claim. Tonight, I'm going to shoot you, protect Pinky and the Brain, and investigate TheAdmiral, do you believe that too?

jilynne, do you have an issue with OverSoul believing the vig claim?

andrew94 wrote:reading through, easjo682 first post is very sus. if you look at it. you will know it is wrong.
easjo682 wrote:/confirm

I'm against a character claim for now, I can't see it helping town so there's no point.
jasonT1981 wrote:
Silver 1 - Andrew

I don't follow.

And if easjo is so suspicious, why are you still holding onto your RVS vote?

@ Pappums Leather Jacket: please confirm that:

• You are a hydra/alt including/of pappums rat
  • This post was written by pappums rat (specifically pertaining to the MoI attack)

@ Leonshade: Is your Rodion vote random or (has it evolved into) a non-random vote?

(Yeah, I right-align my hydra-tagging. So what?)
~ Hoppster
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Leonshade »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:@ Leonshade: Is your Rodion vote random or (has it evolved into) a non-random vote?

Started as a random vote, but then others noticed him talking about pressuring vezok to fullclaim (which I missed the first time around) so I started liking my vote where it was. Now it seems like it might've been a misunderstanding, however, so I'm going to change my vote.

Unvote
Vote: Jilynne

Her defense of vezok is offputting.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 am

Post by killerjester »

David Xanatos wrote:I'm not skimming. I'll clarify this with a question.

How long have you been a French sympathiser?

I'm quite fond of French wine. Moving on :)
UNVOTE:

@easjo682, you've yet to vote. Do you feel there is someone in 6 pages of talk scummy enough to deserve your vote? If not, why?

@Rodion, I think we've past the vezok bandwagon. If you had any final thoughts/readings of how certain players responded, care to share them before moving on? Also, where do you feel your vote is best placed at the moment?

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Holy crap wtf is wrong with this game????

MoI seems like the only player who thinks before he posts.

We have jylly who got a lot of votes in a short period. Not scum.
We have marco who is incredibly scummy. He didn't vote in RVS because he doesn't want to upset anyone because he is scum.

As for Jyl defending me: Stop with the REDACTED shit.

Diddin and hoppster are also quite townie.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I find the push on Jily for ‘fence-sitting’ to be very weak. The lack of commentary is more fair but I don’t see it as strongly scummy at this very early stage of the game.

@Zinger
– are you going to do any actual scum-hunting this game as opposed to just paraphrasing flavor from “My Name is Earl”?

PATB’s post re: Andrew at
is good-posting.

--

Vifam wrote:Gah, didn't even notice that. I agree with this.

VOTE: Jillynne

UNVOTE: Rodion
VOTE: Vifam

This is the second time you’ve hopped right after someone else’s vote with “Me Too” reasoning (the first was my vote on Rodion). I’m not seeing anything that looks like actual scum-hunting in your back and forth with Marco or any of your other posts.

I disagree with the fence-sitting portion of the attack.

--

Easjo wrote:Says who? last year when the conversion happened, my computer/internet didn't agree with the new board, so I couldn't really do anything.

You flaked and were lynched before you could be replaced at deadline Day 1 in Mini 937, which happened well before the conversion.

So that explanation is out the door.

--

KillerJ wrote:No, I played SC2 custom map a bit and found my way here independently. I've never heard of vezok before this thread.

Ok, so why did you say you didn’t see any reasons to not wagon Vezok if you have no previous knowledge of his play?

You do get strong Town points for noting that DavidX didn’t answer my question and bringing it up.

--

Pappums wrote:1. I have never, ever, ever seen a townie label their vote as being in RVS. Have you ever done this before? Have you even seen other townies do this before?

It’s a pretty common occurrence, IMO. I thought about going through your completed games to see if it had happened before in games you played but lost the drive for that long slog.

@Pappums
– I second the notion that you divulge whether this is an Alt account or a Hydra account.

Pappums wrote:No, that is fine of course, I just saw it as going after an easy target.

Ok, please explain the process you use to differentiate between valid pressuring and ‘going after an easy target’, which is growing to be one of my top 5 hated phrases here on MS.

--

Rodion wrote:I never said "fullclaim now". I said: "if you're really going to pursue this speedlynch idea over his unfortunate comment regarding the mass nameclaim, at least give him the opportunity to full claim".

As has been pointed out that’s not what you said but what you intended to say. I personally read it very differently. It may well be a case of awkward phrasing so I’m not going to look at it any further.

Rodion wrote:1 - Well, I am a mislynch. Period. Granted, scum would claim to be town as well, but I'm not appealing to emotion as much as stating a fact, fact being "I am town".

That’s exactly why it is an Appeal to Emotion. You are stating as a ‘fact’ that you are Town with no other support than “I know my Role-PM”. Scum, again, are just as likely to say exactly that. Town shows they are Town via solid play, not by saying “I’m a mislynch”.

Rodion wrote:2a - ConquerClub. It's actually a site for the board game "Risk", but the forums are big and there is a mafia subforum. Here's the link to the subforum:

I took a quick glance at some games going on and some of the “Here’s Mafia” informational threads. My gut first impression is that the general level of play is not as high as here but certainly not anywhere near as primitive as other sites.

Rodion wrote:2b - Yes, we regularly assume that recent signed up players have no mafia experience, unless they claim otherwise.

Well here on MS if you are playing outside “The Road to Rome” it is pretty much standard practice to assume you have sufficent skill levels to play with the ‘big boys’.

Rodion wrote:2c - Obviously, roles are given out randomly and new players are not "immune" to being scum, so they can and should be pressured.
Problem is, if you don't have strong evidence against the "newbies",
making a tempest in a teapot seems like an attempt to go for the easy lynch and, as such, is viewed as a scum tell.

Bolded for emphasis – the thread has barely been open 72 hours. What level of ‘strong evidence’ are you expecting at this stage of the game. Pressuring players is part of developing reads.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Vifam »

Alright so far:

Rod ----> Town, genuine defense and no real reason to continue the BW.

Marco----->Null/Scum- Could be just a sensitive townie, his "I don't know anyone here" is kind of something to look out for.

Jyl------->Scummy - Looking up games to see a PL that obviously wasn't gonna happen? Doubt it

Zinger-------> Null/Scum - I don't see any attempt to actually get in the game yet and I didn't like his reaction to being "shot"

Oversoul-------> Null/Scum - This is more of a gut tell, TBQH

Pappums ------> Town/Null - All his posts are fine except #106, since I've seen townies label their vote as an RVS, didn't really help his argument.

KillerJester---------Town - Big scumhunter so far.

David -------------> Null - Could lean anyway

MoI ---------------> Null/Scum - Not liking the attack on Rodian.

This post looks dumb, but IDRC.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Vifam »

UNVOTE: Rodion
VOTE: Vifam

This is the second time you’ve hopped right after someone else’s vote with “Me Too” reasoning (the first was my vote on Rodion). I’m not seeing anything that looks like actual scum-hunting in your back and forth with Marco or any of your other posts.

I disagree with the fence-sitting portion of the attack.

That's because both of them did something legitimately scummy. And Jyl's defense of Vezok when the BW on Vezok obviously wasn't going strong at the time is the scummiest thing yet.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Vifam »

EBWOP: Besides, they're others on this wagon, if you're REALLY looking for the one that seems most opportunistic, you should be aiming for:

Nero Cain wrote:

Just b/c he got some votes doesn't mean anyone was going to PL him.

Jilly is defending/buddying Vezok just a little bit too much for my tastes. I also don't like Marco's reaction with Vifam.

vote:Jilly

Now THIS seems like some honest sheeping, don't you think?
ok
ThreeIsFrench
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 am

Post by ThreeIsFrench »

Vifam wrote:Alright so far:

Marco----->Null/Scum- Could be just a sensitive townie, his "I don't know anyone here" is kind of something to look out for.

Jyl------->Scummy - Looking up games to see a PL that obviously wasn't gonna happen? Doubt it

Zinger-------> Null/Scum - I don't see any attempt to actually get in the game yet and I didn't like his reaction to being "shot"

Pappums ------> Town/Null - All his posts are fine except #106, since I've seen townies label their vote as an RVS, didn't really help his argument.

UNVOTE: VOTE: vifam Scum like to keep options open; you really think all those people are scum? plus the people you didnt mention are presumably null.

~hip
Scorn
Scorn
Townie
Scorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Scorn »

ThreeIsFrench wrote:
Vifam wrote:Alright so far:

UNVOTE: VOTE: vifam Scum like to keep options open; you really think all those people are scum? plus the people you didnt mention are presumably null.

~hip

Yeah, maybe I went a little overboard with my reads there. I should mull over them so more :X
Vifam's alt

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”