ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I was never gungho Hindu.

Vezok is obvmafia here. Lynching him Today doesn't help us; it just gives the cult another member (something we can ill afford to let happen) and we're unlikely to be significantly more accurate tomorrow.

Well you were willing to lynch Hindu.

Terrrrrrrrrrible.

Whose assuming cult gets another member... They fail when attempting to recruit scum.

And whose assuming a cult, recruit even isn't shot..neutralizing their numbers.

OR ZOMG... we(YOU...yeah right) spell it out so effectively for scum they cant miss and hit the cult leader.

BUT WHAT AREN"T YOU CONSIDERING.

The doomsday scenario of hitting town now.

There's 0 reason to risk it...when we can afford to risk it tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Nexus »

Benmage wrote:

Vezok is obvmafia here. Lynching him Today doesn't help us; it just gives the cult another member (something we can ill afford to let happen) and we're unlikely to be significantly more accurate tomorrow.

Terrrrrrrrrrible.

Whose assuming cult gets another member... They fail when attempting to recruit scum.

OR ZOMG... we(YOU...yeah right) spell it out so effectively for scum they cant miss and hit the cult leader.

Is that for definite, or are you speculating, or do you have insider information?
Trans rights are human rights.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Benmage »

Nexus wrote:
Benmage wrote:

Terrrrrrrrrrible.

Is that for definite, or are you speculating, or do you have insider information?

A game cannot exists where mafia are cultable. Otherwise the 1 recruit goes.. OH HAIII!! XYZ are scum.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Townhunting isn't that hard.

Thor, if they haven't recruited him yet.
LB
Magua
Me

benmage wrote:And whose assuming a cult, recruit even isn't shot..neutralizing their numbers.

Cult shot is entirely possible. But even if they shoot the CR, we gave him an extra night to screw us over.

benmage wrote:The doomsday scenario of hitting town now.

Because hitting town tomorrow is somehow not as bad?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
benmage wrote:The doomsday scenario of hitting town now.

Because hitting town tomorrow is somehow not as bad?

Smaller pool with scum shot.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I'm working on my final post. And just so you know, we aren't lynching mafia today. Vezok votes are bad for everyone except cult. You think cult's going to mis-recruit? WHEN THE MAFIA IS THIS OBVIOUS? LOLNO. Let's keep going with cult-hunting, thanks.

Vote: AGM

Unless my ISO'ing takes me to a better suspect, this is who I'm leaning is most probable cult and, if I'm lucky, CR.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hinduragi wrote:I'm working on my final post. And just so you know, we aren't lynching mafia today. Vezok votes are bad for everyone except cult. You think cult's going to mis-recruit? WHEN THE MAFIA IS THIS OBVIOUS? LOLNO. Let's keep going with cult-hunting, thanks.

Name the 4 scum chief.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Why would there be 4? I'm thinking 3.

And I will. I'm ISO'ing to make sure. Obviously vezok. I'm deciding between Espeonage/Nexus/You/Bogre for buddies. The cult knows which of the 4 are cult and which aren't. It's just a matter of picking up obvtown from there.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hinduragi wrote:Why would there be 4? I'm thinking 3.

And I will. I'm ISO'ing to make sure. Obviously vezok. I'm deciding between Espeonage/Nexus/You/Bogre for buddies. The cult knows which of the 4 are cult and which aren't. It's just a matter of picking up obvtown from there.

You think there was 3 scum..

What odds are u giving the scum team here?

When the cult team started with 2 by your logic...

:roll: :roll:

Maybe CES was right to lynch u.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm

It's not crazy. Town's going to be distracted by hunting for cult and the cult will turn some obvtownies bad.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I was asking about that in long before times. A stronger scum makes town winning even worse.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

Benmage (2)
- Empking, vezokpiraka
Hinduragi (1)
- Bogre
vezokpiraka (5)
- AlmasterGM, Nexus, Espeonage, Benmage, Thor665
AlmasterGM (4)
- Cogito Ergo Sum, Lost Butterfly, SpyreX, Hinduragi

Not Voting (1)
- Magua

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is in
(expired on 2011-07-16 23:59:59)
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote AGM

Lynch one of the obvious CRs.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Espeonage »

vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote AGM

Lynch one of the obvious CRs.

You're just happy for a lynch other than yourself.

Tell me again why we are talking about lynching someone other than a 100% chance of being anti town? Is scum really influencing the lynch that much?

Let's take a look at the must lynch scum reasoning.

There have been two nights of recruiting. Assuming no crazy stuff going on the cult would have max of 4. Assuming that they have an extra member and both recruits went through. Now let's look statistically. Chances are cult have less than this. 1. Cult probably didn't start with two. Just because that is logical. Also there are multiple unrecruitables. Not sure how many but scum certainly can't and from my role pm there are town that is unrecruitable as well.

So look at the amount of players. 13.

Taking out the town paranoia, which is generally a safe way to look at it, but not useful here. We are probably in a 6/4/3. Lets say we lynch vezok. 6/3/3 going in to the night. Scum will be trying to kill cult. Cultists are probably going to be easy to random kill and add in a bit of calculated guessing and we have a cult dying. 5/3/3

We can probably play a waiting game as town seeing as if scum lose a single player at this point they will have to stop attacking town and attack cult. It would only be a matter of time until the cult recruiter dies. We probably have 4 deaths to hit them after the lynch.

That is pretty good odds considering what information can be gathered / what we already have.

Instead of lynching in the dark, even if there is reasoning. Would it not be better to force the action of scum to help eradicate the cult?
Don't @ me.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

just posting to let you know i'm reading dance with dragons, felt appropriate considering the theme of this game.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:07 am

Espeonage wrote:There have been two nights of recruiting. Assuming no crazy stuff going on the cult would have max of 4. Assuming that they have an extra member and both recruits went through. Now let's look statistically. Chances are cult have less than this. 1. Cult probably didn't start with two. Just because that is logical. Also there are multiple unrecruitables. Not sure how many but scum certainly can't and from my role pm there are town that is unrecruitable as well.

1. Cult probably did start with 2. Why would the cult be unable to recruit N1 if not to compensate an extra member. There certainly doesn't appear to be a scarcity of anti-cult roles. Starting with 2 also allows for mechanisms that it noticeably less swingy, e.g. cult can pick one to be the CR.
2. Bilbo, SK, has, you and Spy are not going to have been targetted for recruitment. That leaves 2 Embodiments left, max. Odds are if the CR targetted town, the recruitment got through. (I, for one, think benmage N2 and Thor N3 is pretty plausible.)

Espeonage wrote:Instead of lynching in the dark, even if there is reasoning. Would it not be better to force the action of scum to help eradicate the cult?

Scum will help us regardless. Town is almost certainly the weakest faction currently.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Espeonage »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Espeonage wrote:There have been two nights of recruiting. Assuming no crazy stuff going on the cult would have max of 4. Assuming that they have an extra member and both recruits went through. Now let's look statistically. Chances are cult have less than this. 1. Cult probably didn't start with two. Just because that is logical. Also there are multiple unrecruitables. Not sure how many but scum certainly can't and from my role pm there are town that is unrecruitable as well.

1. Cult probably did start with 2. Why would the cult be unable to recruit N1 if not to compensate an extra member. There certainly doesn't appear to be a scarcity of anti-cult roles. Starting with 2 also allows for mechanisms that it noticeably less swingy, e.g. cult can pick one to be the CR.
2. Bilbo, SK, has, you and Spy are not going to have been targetted for recruitment. That leaves 2 Embodiments left, max. Odds are if the CR targetted town, the recruitment got through. (I, for one, think benmage N2 and Thor N3 is pretty plausible.)

Espeonage wrote:Instead of lynching in the dark, even if there is reasoning. Would it not be better to force the action of scum to help eradicate the cult?

Scum will help us regardless. Town is almost certainly the weakest faction currently

That's reason enough to lynch any anti town that we can confirm is anti town. Taking a chance on possible town lynch is asking to lose. If towns situation wasn't this dire i would be chasing the CRer too.
Don't @ me.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:37 am

I'm not sure we can afford not to hit the CR today. Giving the cult an extra recruit is asking to lose.

If you're in a bad situation, you should take more risks, not less.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Checking in quickly from phone ... don't really have much to add. I have already explained my line of logic (lynch mafia), and it is the correct one. However, if everyone is desperate to lynch cult for some reason, then there's nothing I can say to stop that. I think it's really fucking obvious I'm not the recruiter at a minimum, but I could have been recruited last night (even though I wasn't), sooo yeah. Me being busy before and my current V/LA aren't helping, but once again, there's nothing I can do about that. Sorry I am really letting town down ... it'll pretty much be up to the mafia to hit the recruiter...which hopefully they'll do as a nice big THANK YOU for us letting vezok live.

btw I am currently reading a Game of Thrones on the beach and it is awesome.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Nexus »

The thing is, we have confirmed non-town in Vezok. If we knew who the CR was then yeah, let's lynch them, but we don't. That's why I'm voting Vezok, let's get rid of someone who isn't town for definite.
Trans rights are human rights.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Espeo - on the theory there are barely any cult - why do you think it will be so easy for scum to kill cult? I think as proven today, most of us are talking out of our kiesters on most of these reads.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Magua »

VOTE: vezokpiraka

L-1

Hinduragi is a cult recruit. Scum shouldn't shoot him tonight.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Hammer time SPYREX
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

It's Vezo scum - theorymafia says all we have to do is wait for Vezo to log on again.
Other people remain silent - lulz.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

God, let today end.

*gasp* Wait for ittt

Unvote, Vote: Vezokeisian