Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by hiplop »

not the thunder god i know and love atm. your play yesterday was much much stronger, even when you werent making cases; you were doing something. Unlike now. i dont think you're scum, i think you're being lazy
third best scummer of all time
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So basically - a meta complaint that I'm not being active enough?
You did note the post from a few days ago when I pointed out that there was a reason the game was lagging out and it was because no one was putting out votes. I still stand by that - I can keep rampaging about people needing to vote (as I have and I will) but until I can get them to vote the game is stalled. Nothing else can be done about it.
You should probably start demanding people sheep you, you're an un CCed PR role, totally people should be sheeping your awesome case of win, yeah?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

sheep me guys
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Everyone should sheep him, he's wasting time grumping at people he doesn't even think are scum!

Also, everyone should sheep me because I'm twice as handsome and my beard is four times as impressive as his.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by hiplop »

i am pretty grumpy.

I'm actually THOR#1 but i go under this name for security reasons. If you pass 664 other candidates you may be able to catch up ;)

but yeah sheepme
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #23

Shahrizai:
Thor665 (L-3)
Awesoma:
Toreqez (L-3)
hellhound1:
hiplop,
Scumhunter
(L-3)
Torqez:
shahrizai (L-3)

Not Voting:
Scumhunter
, Awesoma, hellhound1,
shahrizai
, Scumhunter

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2011-07-26 19:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Sorry for the delay on prods. Thought I had already, forgot that people were marginal but not there.

Torqez and Awesoma have been prodded.

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

This is so terrible.

Unvote: Shahri
Vote: Hellhound1

I don't even expect him to flip scum.
but he is obv. scum.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Awh, just as i was about to come and help you sheep shahri. Gutted.
Can i vote myself, so that when i flip town i can joyfully laugh knowing the whole town made a giant fuckup by listening to hiplop? :D
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 am

Post by hiplop »

yeah vote yourself
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 am

Post by hiplop »

or awsoma, your choice
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

Or Shahri, you may suck me off of her.

As stands, your entire post was pretty useless besides being self-righteous towards hiplop - which only really applies if you think he's town.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Well seeing as its boiled down to just the three of us, and the occasional pointless post by shahri and Scum, it really doesnt make a difference what i do.
The fact you're on hiplops side with his "i dont like you voting me" OMGUS style play, his "im bored get off me" play, and his impressive abililty to access the server logs to see when i logged in vs when i posted (obviously bollocks) is a joke. Not to mention you can browse the whole fucking forum without being signed in.
The ONLY thing i agree with him on is that you're being lazy. I really wanted to add 1 to your "you're better than this" count, but im sure you're just being lazy town.

As stands, your entire post was pretty useless besides being self-righteous towards hiplop - which only really applies if you think he's town.

I have no idea where you got that from. It doesnt say whether or not i think hiplop is scum, just says that i know hes being an idiot with a whole lot of OMGUS.
I wish they other inactives would get their asses back online/replaced, so theres some fresh perspective on this. 3 people really isnt enough.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

You should probably vote someone - even Shahri managed to do that, and she's scum.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Thor665 wrote:You should probably vote someone - even Shahri managed to do that, and she's scum.

Urmmmm... VOTE: shahrizai

Also @
Hiplop
, can you hurry up and complete your weak-ass case against me by either finding those quotes you were talking about, or admitting its rubbish? Its bugging me the way you failed to respond to any of those requests.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

btw, yes im half sheeping you Thor, because im 50/50 on hiplop, and nobody has posted anything today other than Scum saying something pointless, and shahrizai going around in a giant circle.
Only half sheeping you, because you're voting me, and im not quite to the stage where im going to hammer myself to prove a point.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by hiplop »

no you're full sheeping him. Can you seriously shut up; you have no point. I'm teaching you for future games; that isnt a case, its theoretical WIFOM trash.

Genuinely LOL'd at hellhound hating on others for posting useless posts

i made the lazy case, its all i need to post. Your inability to read is bugging me.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by hiplop »

dont throw around OMGUS. it doesnt mean vote the person whos voting you, thats how scum use it.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

Oh come on hiplop, find those quotes already, before assaulting me again. I dont give a flying fuck what you say, either find those quotes or admit your case against me is shit, and no, this is OMGUS, i call you suspicious and you go ape shit about it. I explain why i dont believe you and you make up quotes? Read back, ive asked for at least 3 quotes. Stop posting trash if you cant back up your lies.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:22 am

Post by hiplop »

lol.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

@hiplop - why not just show him the quotes to make him shut his pie hole?

@Mod - is anyone in prod range? I feel like I'm in a lylo situation here with only three players talking.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

Post by hiplop »

fair enough.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:41 am

Post by hiplop »

hiplop wrote:
Hellhound1 wrote:Ah :/ well i had him as scum from the beginning, woops! But i'll blame that on cloud's scummy acts and his inability to answer basic questions, not on DK.
Also, why was foilist killed? Wouldnt hiplop have been a better choice for scum to go for, as a known PR? Why was the person voting hiplop killed? Im still not sure about hiplop being the jailkeeper, firstly role pms say there
might
be a jailkeeper, not that there
IS
one, and hiplop may have guessed at a PR and said he was it, and now scum is seen as town, just because there isnt anyone to counter claim.

This post is fine; Right after day one, this is immediately what he says. This is exactly what he was saying for about 20 posts, blindly yelling at me despite me telling him its shit. Anyway, on to the case. Newbie scum is prone to trying set ups, Hellhound here IMMEDIATELY notices foilist was the one voting me, this was like right after hellhound logged in. No way did he think of that immediately; then he paints me in poor light by saying "why didnt the jailkeeper die? PR Shoyuld havez diedz that meanz he scum". Its the epitome of an attemp-a-setup, and he goes full force on it, Strawmanning (think you know what this means, if not just ask) my offense the whole way.

I call him out; he calls it OMGUS.

Until now he shows no sign of this kind of offense; by that alone it implies to me that hes been talking overnight.

ISO'ing him; Very first post he votes awsoma (i think this is bad, you might not; i just think awsoma is his buddy at this point), Awsoma cross-votes him in his first post.

at iso20, he still has only posted fluff/buddied up to thor once.

Calls Awesoma town randomly - dont know why?

More buddying to thor

Every time thor changes his mind - Hellhound changes his too

He says here on ISO 30, that hes put up his own case; complete lie, all he said was "good job thor"

Says scumhunter is likely scum; thor says heas wrong and he immediately changes his mind - next post 180

hmm.. foreshadowing a lynch on scumhunter in 49, still hasnt posted anything with weight to it.

and then we're on today - No fucking content except buddying thor.

Thor tell me again why you think hes town?

hellhound, next to the post button, theres a little thing that says "show posts only from:". You use this to ISOLATE or ISO somebody. There is a little number next to each post; the actual post # and the ISO#. If you look at this post while looking at the ISO, it will make sense

If you need more help ill actually quote, but i hate quoting lots, takes a lot of time lol
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Scumhunter »

been a bit busy with life...

note to self that I'm a bit less suspicious of hellhound and ok with exploring the shah-scum possibility
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote: Hellhound
Vote: Shahri

Then grapefruit up, buddy.
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Shahrizai »

Thor wrote:Careful - in that commentary block you actually explain why there's not much reason in me explaining a town read on someone you apparently don't feel like lynching. I'm lazy, I was sick Fri-Saturday (and maybe Sunday, though I'm feeling better) and I was doing lylo in one game and replacing into another. Making a town case on someone not even being pressed as a wagon? Pretty low on the priority scale. In fact, I don't even really see the point.
At that point I was more interested in the fact that you haven’t/didn’t answer a question directly put to you after you used that as a scumtell on D1.

Thor wrote:I want you lynched because I think Awesoma is town and I know DK and foilist were - what of it?
Your PoE leaves much to be desired.

Also, you haven’t really been really honestly trying to get a wagon going all day; all you’ve done is say I’m scum and that people should vote for me. You don’t even use your super-IC magic powers to explain why you think I’m “obvious scum” (post 558).

Oh, here it is…568…
Thor wrote: If you really want me to go into a case it's PoE because I don't think both scum were on the wagon yesterday, plus her lurktitude. Yes, that's my entire case. It's as good (in my opinion better than) your case. (it's better because it doesn't require an opinion of your alignment to work)
Lurkitude=I replaced into a game with 16 pages of walls, and it took me a while to catch up. I asked everyone to respect that I was trying to catch up, but I didn’t get the chance. I did catch up in the break, and have been posting as frequently as possible sense then. I was visiting my best friend this past weekend, as her wedding is July 30, and I am the maid of honor, and we had a lot of errands to do. She lives four hours from me, and her future mother-in-law who is planning the wedding is a beast, and we had a really busy weekend. I posted when I had a break from the drama, but Sunday was really busy and I traveled home on Monday, and today I slept trying to recuperate. I can’t answer for Ninjacheese’s lurking, but I’ve done the best I can to get into this game and get a handle on it while still doing what I need to do in real life.

As for the votes yesterday, I have no idea where my vote would have gone when the day ended because I was on like page ten of the game. I didn’t get a chance to vote or even comment before Scumhunter ended the day, remember? I might have changed my mind about Cloud being town and voted DK or I might not have, but I’ll never know because I wasn’t given the chance to finish reading in time to make an informed decision.

Basically your case is weak and you're wrong. If you want to go after a lurker, you have plenty to choose from—Torqez is my top pick at the moment.

Speaking of Torqez...

1. "DeityKabuto, do you realise your role slot (previously cloudocean), was defended by Scumhunter pretty much? What are your reasons for voting him? Do you agree with Thor fully?" (ISO 9) For someone who has made an issue about buddying, here you are attacking DK because he has a vote on Scumhunter after SH defended him. I think this is interesting--the assumption that DK can't vote for someone who defended him? Or am I misreading that?

2. Look at the MASSIVE amount of wishy-washy fence-sitting in ISO 15/Post 333: In just three lines he says he finds Scumhunter weird but prefers either an Awesome, Thor, or Hellhound lynch today. So, basically, he's fine with lynching half of the available candidates (not including himself) depending on which way the wind blows? Within the hour, he comes back with a post about Scumhunter, explaining why he is now rethinking his stance on Scumhunter because Scum's "style changed" when he was L-1 and he didn't want to be lynched.

3. I don't have time to do this in depth now, but just going to point out that Torqez's interactions with Scumhunter are strange and seem to be either buddying or coaching; I'm not sure how I feel about Scumhunter right now, but for some reason Torqez has taken him under his metaphorical wing. :igmeou:
Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”