Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

mastin2 wrote:
Claim: 1-shot Lie Detector
. I used it on 182, and the mod told me hiplop was not lying.

Fucking go read the fucking normal roles the next time you fakeclaim in the large normal forum idiot.

Vote: Mastin
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

There is nothing in the normal rules against that role, Grey. It's an investigation-type role. It's also quite a weak ability.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(A weak ability I happened to use well, but still, it's not that strong compared to, say, Cop or Watcher.)
◦Those affecting a role's alignment (no Cults).
◦Anything which significantly affects the core mechanic of majority/plurality lynches (no Kingmaker, for example).
◦Anything resolving with a random element, with the exception of missed night choices. It must be included in the public ruleset if you are resolving night choices in this way.
◦Post Restrictions (other than those included in the ruleset, such as "No quoting your Role PM").
◦Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons".
◦Night action redirection (no Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, or Redirector).
◦Alignments other than Mafia/Werewolf, Pro-Town, and Serial Killer (no Survivor, Lyncher, or Jester).
Explain to me which of these rules a Lie Detector claim violates, Grey.

It doesn't. No alignment change, no lynch modification, no element of randomness, not a posting restriction, not lying to the players, no redirection, not third party.
My academy.
Agnigi
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by GreyICE »

mastin2 wrote:There is nothing in the normal rules against that role, Grey. It's an investigation-type role. It's also quite a weak ability.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Normal_Game

Roles which are explicitly Normal include:
Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia Framer, Mafia-aligned versions of above roles

Modifiers which are explicitly Normal include:
Even/Odd Night, Non-Consecutive Night, X-Shot, Bulletproof, Compulsive, Macho, Weak, Back-Up (with or without primary role present)

That's EXACTLY the sort of role that the normal games try to get away from. Like, what if Hiraki says "hiphop is scum." Does your lie detector get "False" if Hiiphop is town, true if he's scum? Or does it go off what Hiraki knows? What if I post a list of 5 names and say 1 or more is scum. Do we have five confirmed townies if you get 'false?'

It's a theme game ability, through and through.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Just because it isn't whitelisted doesn't mean it's not possible. It's not blacklisted, Grey; it's in the game.

I asked the mod about it, and it is based on what the person believes. (Essentially, Lie Detector cannot detect an untruth the subject is not aware is false.)

And I used it with that knowledge to realize Hiplop had a town Motive in mind.
My academy.
Agnigi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

mastin2 wrote:Bah. Tomie doesn't need a case. Just too obvious. :P

Here's a deal. Nobody vote Hiplop and all those on (...with the possible exception of Hiraki, since I've given up trying to convince him to go elsewhere :P) get off--preferably to Tomie/Edmund, but other suspects (NOT on the list of super-mega-townreads I gave, so no Bowser/Muffin/Maxous/Torquez votes, either!) are fine with me--and after that, I'll build a Tomie case.

So basically you want to puppet master the town and
then
you'll answer what should be a VERY EASY QUESTION?

And I thought *I* was an anti-town player. Christ's sake, dude.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

People actually believe mastin's claim?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm having a hard time putting two and two together right now, myself. I don't get how he got "hiplop is conftown" on a post talking about a couple scum reads pretty vaguely. How the hell would the mod be able to tell if that post is full of crap or not? Doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So basically you want to puppet master the town and then you'll answer what should be a VERY EASY QUESTION?
Question's easy. Answer's not. I can ask you a really complex math question in thirty seconds. Does that mean the answer can be given in an equal amount of time? Nope, it'll almost certainly take far longer than that to come up with the answer.

...Not the best metaphor, but it conveys the general idea.

I don't get how he got "hiplop is conftown" on a post talking about a couple scum reads pretty vaguely.
Hiplop's not in my list of four names, you'll note. I think Hiplop is town. He's not confirmed town.

How the hell would the mod be able to tell if that post is full of crap or not?
Mastin wrote:it is based on what the person believes. (Essentially, Lie Detector cannot detect an untruth the subject is not aware is false.)
Hiplop wasn't lying about his scum-reads-->hiplop is far more likely to be town.
My academy.
Agnigi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't quite understand hiplop's motivation with this post. It's D1... how is one little "distraction" going to derail the whole town? Oh, wait, it's not. So why the post asking to stop? Doesn't read very town-motivated to me.

Maxous' p.160 is kind of reaching and hardcore defends Tomie in the second quote. I understand that he's waiting for mastin's case on Tomie just like me, but that doesn't mean that two people can't read the thread, look at Tomie's posts, and proceed to get the same read (therefore agreeing with one another) without any visible case in sight. Mastin may very well be mudslinging to see who reacts. It's called reaction fishing; I personally do it pretty constantly (though I've stopped recently, I'm working more on my theory now). Do you think that play style makes mastin more likely to be town or scum? And what was the motivation behind responding to them (in the second quote) like that?

This is why people don't like purely meta-based cases. Pappum, can you provide proof to what you're saying? I don't think hiplop would lolwut without just cause.

Hiraki, I guess I'm the slow guy in the group. Explain how the last half is hypocritical? I don't follow.

When people say they'll be back in 24 and then don't show up? Feels like someone was prod dodging. Do not like.

Fluff fluffity fluff fluff. That and it contradicts the crap out of itself. Guarantee a probability? WELL I GUARANTEE I'LL PROBABLY EAT LUNCH TOMORROW. What's the point?

When Tomie flips scum, I'm headed for edmund. He can thank this post for that. Also this :scumposting:

GREYICE, WHY SO SERIOUS?!?

NINJA'd: Mastin, I didn't say the answer was
easy
-- but your scum read on the slot certainly came with ease. What's the difference?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

HAHAHAHAHA.

FAIL gambit is FAIL.
unvote
vote mastin

There is no way someone sued a lie detector in a normal. NO WAY.
I had THEME games with a lie detector in them and the reviewer told me that lie detector is bastard and I should get it out.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

The rules are kind of inconclusive.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Neruz »

Voterang

Tomie Uzumaki ( 5 ) -
mastin2, Empking, Bowser, Pine, chkflip
hiplop ( 5 ) -
Maxous, Torqez, Hirarky, Toon Fighter, paupam's rat
mastin2 ( 5 ) -
Tomie Uzumaki, malpascp, Phoebus, GreyICE, vezokpiraka
Bowser ( 3 ) -
MintKitten, edmund.angles, zMuffinMan
Toon Fighter ( 1 )-
hiplop
Maxous ( 1 ) -
warriormode
zMuffinMan ( 1 ) -
somerandomguy

11 Votes to Lynch

Day 1 will end at approximately 10:00AM GMT+0 on the 26th of July.

--EDIT--

Also:

When people say they'll be back in 24 and then don't show up? Feels like someone was prod dodging. Do not like.

Phoebus has actually requested replacement, i thought i said something in the last votecount about that but it seems not. Unfortunately i'm out of ready-to-go replacements so i'm having to wait for a hit in the replacement thread.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Hoopla and Haylen reviewed the setup. There is no way both of them let a lie detector in the game. No way at all.

Mastin either tried a fail town gambit or is scum fake claiming to save a buddy or whatever WIFOM he thinks he can make.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Anyone who took that claim seriously probably needs to lighten up.

Wow.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hey muffins, you town this game?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Mastin is prob gambiting town, just like in previous games. However, in previous games, his gambits didn't always end well (remember tricycle mafia? -.-) and can harm town so I'd take them with a grain of salt. In my opinion, mastin should die before LyLo or he can harm town more. But, since I see him as prob town, I don't want to really lynch him unless it's in town's best interest.
~Toon fighter~
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:27 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

GI wrote:Hey muffins, you town this game?

Yup.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Maxous »

Just ignore Mastin's claim.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

'Prod Dodge'
I'll finally be able to get back into the game tomorrow or this weekend >.<
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:20 am

Post by malpascp »

When I first saw Mastin's claim, I thought he was being sarcastic or it was some kind of joke. Turns out, it's a real claim.
Can someone give me an example a normal game where this role or a similar one existed? I can't find any.

My vote will stay on Mastin for now. And I hope you have a really good excuse do that.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Empking »

vezokpiraka wrote:HAHAHAHAHA.

FAIL gambit is FAIL.
unvote
vote mastin

There is no way someone sued a lie detector in a normal. NO WAY.
I had THEME games with a lie detector in them and the reviewer told me that lie detector is bastard and I should get it out.

Your reviewer is weird.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

Gimme another 72 hours or so, and I'll be able to hand you the entire scumteam based off of multiple factors which have transpired in the LAST 72 hours.

In other words, within a week (six days, actually), I'll have nailed the entire scumteam. I'm on to them, now.
My academy.
Agnigi
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

zMuffinMan wrote:
GI wrote:Hey muffins, you town this game?

Yup.

'kay, why is Mastin's claim a joke?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:53 am

Post by edmund.angles »

about hiplop: Not seeing the scumminess, just the newbness.

about mastin: Not buying his claim. But lying about his role to dominate fits with my ego-tripper read on him.
Need to confirm my read though, could someone post some links to recent games with mastin?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”