ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ card number 4: I feel we've already gone through this. Essentially I was taken aback by your apparent flip on me, and I misjudged the strength of your townread on me. As far as lack of follow through: IMO I asked questions, they were discussed, you answered them adequately, I moved on.

@ card number 5: while that does sound logical it is based on an assumption that rhinox felt the same way about the game-state as you. Obviously, because I think rhinox is scum, I don't believe this to be the case. I think you might be underestimating how c-worl would have looked to the scum. Agree to disagree.

@ card number 6: as already mentioned he didn't vote
anyone else
at
any time
other than c-worl. I don't think there is much to be read in to his voting behavior.

@ card number 7: a) as brought up earlier rhinox could have been covering both bases by voting (thus distancing himself from) archaist, while also sneakily attempting to bring about a no-lynch. b) he also may have believed archaist was indeed going to be lynched due to your point raised in 249 and wanted to make sure he was one of the people who got on that lynch. Once again agree to disagree.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

jilynne1991 wrote:In case you haven't noticed, I AM LOOKING FOR MAFIA.

Really? All I've seen you do so far is:
- say that you agree with Iama that I'm probably scum
- state that you want a no-lynch, and
- ask everyone to put up who they'd vote tomorrow.

Now I'm not going to say that you only suggested that last thing so that you can decide who to nightkill for maximum chance of securing a scum win tomorrow, but...

Actually I am going to say that!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

Post by EmpTyger »

jilynne:
You're not trying to find mafia. You're trying to get people to play WIFOM with you.
jilynne1991 wrote:I agree with iama that TheAdmiral is scum. I don't think iama is scum, because if he was, he'd find it easier to just go with the flow and get me lynched.

I don't like gambling with 50% chances though. I'd like to vote NoLynch, until I find something that justifies (in my mind) whether Emp is town or scum.

jilynne1991 wrote:I'd vote for TheAdmiral or EmpTyger right now. (Still not sure which. Probably TheAdmiral.)

If Iama died, I'd vote for TheAdmiral.

If TheAdmiral died, I'd vote for Iama.

If EmpTyger died, I'd vote for Iama.

This may make tomorrow a little bit WIFOM-y...but I think this is the best strategy at the moment.

You say that the mafia is either me or ThAd.
But if either one of us die, you say that your next choice is *iama*.

You say that you're looking for some reason to justify an alignment for me.
Yet you don't list a single scenario in which you'd vote me.

You've only provided 1 reason to support anything you've said: a reason for why you think iama is innocent.
And despite that, you say that if iama's still alive tomorrow, you will vote him.

ThAd:
Interrupting my own assault, why don't you have a vote down?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Beefster »

Reminder:

(expired on 2011-07-11 11:00:00) remain.

(though I will probably take a bit longer to get things together)
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

You guys...ugh, EmpTyger, you're either really dense or you're scum. UGH

Somehow, I don't think EmpTyger's going to die tonight.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ emp: well I was waiting to see what the consensus was on no-lynching, but I'd rather

vote: jilynne

The more jilynne talks the better I feel about this.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:56 am

Post by iamausername »

jilynne1991 wrote:For the people still living tomorrow, based on who died, they should be able to figure out whose scum.

How?

EmpTyger wrote:
This is what Fishy, short-sightedly only seeing at the 3-3 votecount, called the definite opportunity for Rhinox to try for a ThAd lynch. Like a lot of things, Fishy was wrong.

Let's say, hypothetically, that Rhinox did so.
He would have to ignore what was *just* called a "catch of the game".
He would have to vote ThAd, who had just defended Rhinox's position about MK.
But setting those factors aside, even if he does place a 4th vote- who was there to put a 5th vote on ThAd at that point?

Not ThAd, obviously.
Not sAb, MK, or Fishy- they're already voting ThAd.
Not C-Worl or iama- not after they said that about the catch.
Not me- not unless you think that Rhinox would believe that I would ignore iama's catch to follow Rhinox when I was currently arguing a C-Worl/Rhinox theory, had been after Rhinox most of the day, and had vowed to not let up on him D2.
So that left only Archaist.

So best case, Rhinox/Archaist speedlynch ThAd immediately following the "catch of the game" against Archaist, leaving them both hopelessly exposed the following day.
Worst case, they don't even get the speedlynch, with the very real possibility that one of sAb, Fishy, or MK decide to switch to Archaist, leaving Rhinox exposed for going against the catch.

Emp, just because C-Worl called it the 'catch of the game' doesn't mean it actually was. You appear to have completely ignored a major point of card 7; it was not the catch of the game, it was a fairly obviously flawed argument.

EmpTyger wrote:Not C-Worl or iama- not after they said that about the catch.

I said no such thing, and even if I had, Rhinox voting ThAd that close to deadline would have forced us into a situation where the only options were ThAd or No Lynch, a situation in which any sensible town player would hammer ThAd, regardless of their opinions.

VOTE: No Lynch

At this point I feel like it may have some benefit.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 am

Post by EmpTyger »

iama:
iamausername wrote:Emp, just because C-Worl called it the 'catch of the game' doesn't mean it actually was. You appear to have completely ignored a major point of card 7; it was not the catch of the game, it was a fairly obviously flawed argument.

Just because *you* say that 2 months later doesn't mean that *Rhinox* didn't see it as damning at the time. You appear to have completely ignored the actual context in trying to make your card 7; Rhinox himself said "That actually is a good catch." So he obviously didn't think that the rest of the players would see it as a flawed argument.

iamausername wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:Not C-Worl or iama- not after they said that about the catch.
I said no such thing, and even if I had, Rhinox voting ThAd that close to deadline would have forced us into a situation where the only options were ThAd or No Lynch, a situation in which any sensible town player would hammer ThAd, regardless of their opinions.

This isn't even close to what happened.
First of all, despite your vague "sensible town player", there's still (as I just showed) no viable 5th voter that doesn't leave Rhinox worse off. Again, I don't care what you are trying to insist now about yourself, without any evidence. I'm talking about from *Rhinox*'s point-of-view at the time. From his perspective, there's not a single shred of evidence for him to think there's any chance of you suddenly abandoning a still-viable Archaist lynch to follow him to ThAd. Not after your attacks against Archaist, not after your [249], not after stating that Archaist's partner by process-of-elimination was either Rhinox or me, not after even just repeating how you had "declared C-worl and ThAd to be town".

And there isn't a shred of evidence for Rhinox to think that Archaist wouldn't be considered a viable lynch without Rhinox's vote. Archaist is at lynch-2 and there are 4 players (sAb, Fishy, MK, and myself) yet to post after your [249] and C-Worl declaring it the "catch of the game". All it takes is one of us to agree and Archaist is at lynch-1, and there's no reason why any of us would think it an "obviously flawed argument".

[Also, you're tripping up over yourself in your contorted effort to justify this case against ThAd. You just rebutted your own card 5, because if you were making "obviously flawed arguments" while C-Worl was doing the actual browbeating by calling it the "catch of the game", that kind of contradicts your point argument that there's no reason to nightkill C-Worl over you. Honestly, your recent revisionistly historical posts are doing a great job of further undermining card 4.]

I'd dare you to point to a single piece of evidence to support this fanciful interpretation of Rhinox's gamestate at the end of D1.
But after dawdling around while Fishy squandered our extra chances until it was too late to do anything about it D2, you dawdled around until it was too late for discussion D3.

iamausername wrote:VOTE: No Lynch

At this point I feel like it may have some benefit.

No, at this point you left us no other option.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Beefster »

Looks like a no lynch then.

You have until Thursday at 11:59 PM MDT to submit a night action.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Beefster »

You all wake up, expecting something to happen... But wait. You're all here. Nobody has died. What happened?

Continue on with your meaningless conversation. Try to reach an agreement.
Get to know a meat boy
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Interesting.

Those who wanted the no-lynch yesterday:
Now what do you want to do?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

Mod: If we no lynch again, and scum no kill again, and we no lynch again, and etc... how would you resolve the stalemate?
I would say scum wins: Town cannot satisfy its win condition continuing no lynch (eradicate all threats), however scum still can without kills. (make up at least half the town) And for balance sake. Town should not win from stalling.

That said: if this day ends in a no lynch or without a majority, scum wins. I think that is reasonably fair considering the circumstances.

Wow, I am a total idiot. I meant to quote this post.
Last edited by Beefster on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

iama:
I think you're going to laugh when you hear my answer (which I will give). But I think you want ThAd to answer first.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

I'll give iamausername a prod back to make up for my idiotic mistake there.
Get to know a meat boy
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

ThAd/jilynne:
If it's not clear, the mod just torpedoed [461]. The gist of iama's post was a 3-part answer to my [460]...
1) asking the mod about the stalemate
2) asking you 2 (+ me if I wanted) to say who we would have killed last night if we were mafia
3) prepping himself for WIFOM
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

At work so will post more later but I would have killed iama as scum. That's a no brainer.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm pretty sure no iama kill means there is hardly any chance emp is scum. I don't see the angle for him not to kill iama.

Imo jilynne no-killed for one of two reasons:
1) iama was the only one who didn't support a jilynne lynch so obviously jil wasn't going to kill iama. Therefore he could have killed either me or emp and would much more likely have chosen emp. However it may have looked suspect if he did because why would I have killed emp? Therefore safest option would be to no-kill.
2) Without referencing any specific ongoing games I'm pretty sure jilynne is replacing out across the board. She may have just bailed and not submitted a kill.

vote: jilynne
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:11 am

Post by EmpTyger »

ThAd:
(1) makes no sense. jilynne wouldn't have pushed the no-lynch yesterday if it painted her into a corner.
(2) makes perfect sense. Especially with our mod being so good at mindlessly counting out X hours and paying no heed to the contexts of gamestate or to individual circumstances.

iama:
ThAd beat me to the punchline, but this was my planned response:
If I were mafia, I would have killed someone last night.

So that's everyone. Since I don't believe you're going to be hearing from jilynne.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Fuck it, yeah, that probably is what happened.

VOTE: jilynne

Sorry for drawing this game out so damn long.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Vote: jilynne1991

iama:
Thanks for offering the apology, but not completely necessary. The town's advantage is in discussion; it's *good* to talk out differences of opinions. It's *good* that you felt strongly enough about ThAd to exhaustively consider that possibility. Any frustration I had was from time elapsing without any discussion in return.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

So thats a lynch huh? You want the bad news now or wait for modscene?
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:36 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

LOL...sorry, I'm town, if iama was mafia, I wanna shoot myself ugh.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Beefster »

Eh. I'll get to it tomorrow. It's late.
Get to know a meat boy
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I won't keep you on tenterhooks. My normal philosophy is to not speak before it's been made official but I'll make an exception.

If it isn't obvious already I am the scum.

Iama: you were so god damn good in this game. My biggest regret was killing c-worl night 1 instead of you. I thought you might consider me town because of how hard I pushed kuz/archaist day 1 but you saw right through that. You understood my scum mindset to a scary degree.

Emp: I couldn't have done it without you! That might sound tongue-in-cheek and harsh, and I'm sure it's never good to find out you have defended a scum for almost half a game, but I am 100% certain I would have done the same thing in your shoes.
You probably don't remember this but there was a game long ago in which I lost to you as town in lylo, so this just makes things nice and symmetrical.

For the record I never planned to lynch kuz. I was basically begging him to give me links to his older games and then I was going to say something like: "oh so he's always like this" and jump off him. I feel literally terrible that I essentially chased a new player from mafiascum. I can only imagine how frustrated he would have been.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

So, would you have no killed anyway, or did you do it entirely because you saw an opportunity to frame jilynne with the fortuitous timing of her mass-flake? Because you got me good with that one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”