Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, withdraw the Torq thing, for some reason in my head he wasn't on the DK wagon. That invalidates that connection.
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Shahrizai »

Seriously, more PoE? That's pretty bad. And I'm currently discussing a Torquez/Albert and Scumhunter pairing, or did you miss that part?

And I'm the cop, so get your heads out of your behinds and try actually scumhunting instead of using PoE.
Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers...
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Unvote

Now, whether I believe your claim aside, who did you investigate last night, why, and what was the result?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Shah, what is your report?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Oh nvm, didn't see Muffins post asking same thing.

zMuffin, why is everyone writing Thor off as town. He has been WAY off this game. He was pounding the either cloud or me are scum d1...there is definitely the very strong potential for his actions to be scum-motivated here. You know, since scum want to push for MLs to win the game and all.

@shah Who do I fos other than Thor? No damn clue. I'm nowhere near certain on my fos on Thor either. What I do know is that I very much did not believe hiplop's jk claim yesterday and I kind of just forgot about that claim today. This might be nitpicking, but if I were cop I would have immediately claimed my report in the post I claimed. When I am cop, I'm eager to share my info with the town and all. So yes, yes, report please.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Scumhunter »

PoE would work if there were people to actually eliminate. I don't have a single very strong town read this game. (In before I'm scum and leaving my options open >.>)

And yes hiplop you need to out your target for tonight right before we hammer in the case we lynch scum. If we ML today, you can jk whoever...
Show
-----
-----
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Shahrizai »

1. Foilist

2. Because I didn't like how he wanted a lynch on hiplop after his claim, and this:
Foilist wrote:That said, I generally agree that its bad play to lynch claimed PRs D1 without a counter claim. This claim I find to be especially bogus though, so its hard for me to want to leave him alive. There are piles of WIFOM the scum could set up to keep him alive tomorrow and the next day if they're clever enough.

He opposed Thor moving to a new wagon but didn't offer another solution, and he worded his arguments in such way that it seemed like he was trying to justify lynching a claimed PR for the good of the town at the same time he was trying to make sure he wouldn't get in trouble for it.

3. Obviously innocent

This is also what precipitated my Hellhound questioning today, as it seemed Hellhound was picking up and running with Foilist's dropped argument and using Foilist's confirmed-town status to make himself look more town.

@SH: I didn't share b/c my result was moot.
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Shahrizai »

And I'm still voting Torquez/ABR, so that's my answer to your other question.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:32 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

It's 3:30am and I don't particularly feel like dealing with possibilities at the moment. I'll rest on this shah thing while I internally debate whether or not I believe this claim. ftr, I think she's lying but I'd rather not be hasty while I consider some things.

I think we should mass claim now.

I'll get back to you on your questions after some sleep, scumhunter.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Ok, sleep well mr muffin.
Show
-----
-----
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Shahrizai »

MC, really?

Go ahead and lynch me and see what happens next. Maybe town will get off their butts and stop sleepwalking through this game and stop the nyah-nyah crap fest that is Hellhound/Hiplop and the PoE laziness of Thor.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

PoE is not laziness. PoE is scumhunting.

Unvote: Shahri
Vote: Albert B
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 am

Post by hiplop »

zMuffinMan wrote:It's 3:30am and I don't particularly feel like dealing with possibilities at the moment. I'll rest on this shah thing while I internally debate whether or not I believe this claim. ftr, I think she's lying but I'd rather not be hasty while I consider some things.

I think we should mass claim now.

I'll get back to you on your questions after some sleep, scumhunter.

you know you're in a newbie game with both possible PR's claimed..MC would do nothing..at all..
third best scummer of all time
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Am I MC, Shah?

Because I love lynching people who use AtE, and I would love to see what happens next. As it stands, though, I'm not sure I'll get enough support for a lynch on you if you're not CCed, which sucks, because there's almost nothing I'd like more than seeing you dead.

And yeah, PoE is not laziness. You can scum hunt by finding town and working through PoE. It's hilarious that you're even suggesting PoE can't be used as a scum hunting tool.

hiplop wrote:you know you're in a newbie game with both possible PR's claimed..MC would do nothing..at all..

Two people claiming a PR does not mean "both possible PRs" have been claimed.

I'm still for a mass claim, even if it proves to be utterly useless. Although I can see reasons against a mass claim, too.

I also have been juggling in my head how to go about solving this dilemma with claimed PRs and the fact I think shah is lying.

Here's what I'm thinking. Assuming no third PR claim... If we don't lynch Shah today, tonight, if Shah is town, she must target hiplop. This forces scum to target hiplop or have him conf.town.

Now, this works out best if we lynch scum today, because then anybody hiplop jails is conf.town tomorrow.

I am still quite sleepy so I'm probably not thinking everything through properly, but yeah.

What's Albert at, btw? L-2?
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Shahrizai »

Sure, PoE is viable, after a few more flips. Right now there have been two town flips and no informative uses of a PR, so no, PoE is not an ideal strategy right now. The only people who know anything for certain right now are scum; the rest of us are just trying to ferret one out.

And what do you mean, "Am I MC?" MC=Mass Claim. As for AtE, please. What I WANT is for the rest of the freaking town to get their heads out of the dirt and pay attention to what's going on, and if I get lynched, maybe they will actually DO that because that will most likely mean four town dead by morning unless there is a successful protect/jail.

Explain exactly how your plan for the night would work, because I don't see how burning an investigation on hiplop and forcing scum to target him would be that great? You're advocating I target a claimed and uncountered JK in order to force scum to kill him so he can't be confirmed town and they can't ML him later(and I'm inferring meaning there based on how I'm reading your post)? Which not only means that my investigation would be wasted, but also that the JK would be dead. Why not tell me to hit one of your VT reads for the same purpose? It would "force" the scum to kill person and spare the claimed JK or they would risk having one confirmed VT and two claimed PRs running around, would it not?

Or am I missing something? It's late for me now and I'm on my way to bed, but I don't see how town would really benefit all that much from that plan.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Needs more Rampage.
Show
-----
-----
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 am

Post by hiplop »

albert is torquez?

Thor get back on hellhound plz
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 am

Post by hiplop »

you too scumhunter
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

WOAH WOAH WOAH. I think we caught scum guys.

I'm the doctor. Shah is lying out of her REAR.

Vote: Shah
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 am

Post by hiplop »

whatd you do last night?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Albert, who did you protect last night? Also why is Shah lying and not hiplop?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Scumhunter »

This means there is likely one scum in [Awesoma, Hellhound, Thor] and definitely one scum (small chance at 2) in [Albert, hiplop, shah]
Show
-----
-----
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 am

Post by hiplop »

Im a trustworthy guy SH thats why
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

hiplop wrote:albert is torquez?

Thor get back on hellhound plz

I think hellhound is town so...no.
I could get on Scumhunter if, for no other reason, he's avoiding answering a simple question of what his reads are - but I'm not getting on Hellhound.

Shahrizai wrote:Sure, PoE is viable, after a few more flips. Right now there have been two town flips and no informative uses of a PR, so no, PoE is not an ideal strategy right now.

Just as an example of how PoE does work - if I'd been cop I wouldn't have been investigating the player scum killed last night because I was able to PoE him into town. I'm not dissing your scumhunting method (whatever it is - I'm not sure yet) but I fail to see why you think your method is so clearly superior to my method. We have two flips - two flips is two flips regardless of if they are scum or VT or PRs. Also, with two claimed PRs we know for a fact at least one of them is town - giving us 2.5 "flips" if you will. Plus, PoE doesn't require flips, and flips pretty much help all scumhunting styles equally.

I agree with you that an investigate on hiplop is 'meh' at this stage. I don't get Muffin's plan there either - I'd rather have you investigate...well...someone who doesn't get NKed ;)
A good idea is usually to investigate the counter wagon-ee or to go with gut, but try to avoid players who look town (especially Night 1) because they're most likely to end up dead.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH. I think we caught scum guys.

I'm the doctor. Shah is lying out of her REAR.

Why is Shah lying and not hiplop?
Happy with where my vote currently sits.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Scumhunter wrote:Albert, who did you protect last night? Also why is Shah lying and not hiplop?

Torquez protected hiphop last night. Hiphop could VERY WELL be scum too, but I know that Shah is lying.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”