JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

I'm sorry, going out of my way to illustrate how Townie I am? Coasting?

I think you have me confused with you. I have not declared one way or the other that I am town, unlike your thinly veiled and oh-so-subtle attempt at doing so.

Coasting I may have done Day One, but as you people are unaware, that's how my normal Day Ones go. I hate Day One. With a passion. It's when I'm at my worst. Now that there is some information from Day One to go off of, I should be a bit better about adding input and the like. Now excuse me while I go back and find the person that was adamantly declaring Bristep to be scum. I think it was Rikana, but I don't like to assert anything if I'm uncertain.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

Rikana wrote:
That being said, I'm fully confident in my town read of malp.

Rikana wrote:Malp won't flip scum, Bristep will still though.

done.

These quotes right here. Innocent, perhaps, at the time, but given the info we have now, they make me more than a little suspicious (I'm not going to speak for anyone else).

Rikana sets it up nicely with the whole town "read" of malp, giving (him? her? I apologize for not knowing Rikana's gender :-\) a nice cushion to fall back on if/when malp flips town (which he/she did. Apologies again for lack of knowledge with regards to gender).

Then there's the tunnel vision on Bristep, ignoring everyone else (like peoples).

Rikana wrote:Sorry, I forgot about this game for a moment. I'll have a post up later.

Then there's this little gem. Forgot about a game you were in? Convenient excuse for being called out on lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: Rikana[/unvote]
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

Dammit. The one time I forget to preview my post >.<

VOTE: Rikana
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: EmpKing
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

JAMFTW wrote:
Rikana wrote:
That being said, I'm fully confident in my town read of malp.

Rikana wrote:Malp won't flip scum, Bristep will still though.

done.

These quotes right here. Innocent, perhaps, at the time, but given the info we have now, they make me more than a little suspicious (I'm not going to speak for anyone else).

Rikana sets it up nicely with the whole town "read" of malp, giving (him? her? I apologize for not knowing Rikana's gender :-\) a nice cushion to fall back on if/when malp flips town (which he/she did. Apologies again for lack of knowledge with regards to gender).

Then there's the tunnel vision on Bristep, ignoring everyone else (like peoples).

Rikana wrote:Sorry, I forgot about this game for a moment. I'll have a post up later.

Then there's this little gem. Forgot about a game you were in? Convenient excuse for being called out on lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: Rikana[/unvote]

In all fairness to rikana what would the point of defending the person who is to be lynched by calling another player scum who he then proceeds to night kill and have both flip town be?

I'd find that much more suspect if Bristep hadn't have died in the night and was being set up for a day 2 lynch. I actually find because of that scenario that my read on Rikana is leaning town.

Why is it that you find it to be so suspect?

The one thing about Rikana's posts there is that they're quite conclusive, leave no room for backing out of the opinions easily.
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:52 am

Post by JAMFTW »

Anyone who states that someone will not flip scum on Day One is suspicious to me. You may have a read on the person, but there's no way to definitively know someone is going to flip one way or the other. Unless you are scum.

This leads to the declaration Rikana gave on malp turning up town. Reads as a bit scummy to me, is all.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:47 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Ah, i see the point you made now, less that stating bristep is scum than 'this ones innocent!'
-=-
Scum 1-1

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I actually somewhat agree that saying someone in fairly uncertain terms would not flip scum is quite a suspect thing to do in day 1 before information is starting to get out there, especially in our day 1 where not all that much happened.

Jam wrote:Now Empking's comment doesn't seem so odd to me, as I know what the context for it was. At first it just seemed odd and random. Didn't know he was hoping the thread would reach the 48 hour mark without a post. Although why a townie would want that in the first place is a bit of a mystery to me.

This though could read very similar, couldn't it? Did you know Emp was town? Why did you use 'a townie' as opposed to 'a player'?
-=-
Scum 1-1

Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Rikana »

JAMFTW wrote:These quotes right here. Innocent, perhaps, at the time, but given the info we have now, they make me more than a little suspicious (I'm not going to speak for anyone else).
Being sure in a read is now scummy? lol

JAMFTW wrote:Rikana sets it up nicely with the whole town "read" of malp, giving (him? her? I apologize for not knowing Rikana's gender :-\) a nice cushion to fall back on if/when malp flips town (which he/she did. Apologies again for lack of knowledge with regards to gender).
Malp was obv. town. I could go on endlessly about how it was, but I'm not going to dwell on the past. Bristep was scummy, whether any of you will admit it or not.

JAMFTW wrote:Then there's the tunnel vision on Bristep, ignoring everyone else (like peoples).
That's a blatant lie. I have not ignored everyone. In fact, it's hilarious you've brought up Peoples because I've made 2 posts exclusively about him. While sure, I haven't talked about everyone, I don't think I've needed to talk about people who weren't scummy. If this isn't true, tell me. I'll give you all the content you need.[/quote]

JAMFTW wrote:

Or, like I've said before, I forgot about my new alt. for a moment and therefore forgot about the game I was in? I apologized because I was due for a prod, and was not prodded by the mod. No one in the game called me out on lurking.

But no, I bet when I say this, JAMFTW will go out and say "LOLZ, PREGRINEV SAID HE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. HE WAS OBV. ACCUSING YOU OF LURKING!!!! SCUMM!!!!11!!1" So therefore, I will note that PeregrineV did want to hear from me more.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Two bits:

-JAMFTW's absence of an avatar is curiously the biggest eyesore to me right now. Can you remedy that?
-
@mod:
"yabba
G
uy" now? (All right, all right, fine. You don't have to.) :lol:

The game's still too slow - improving, but still too slow. Again, we need, absolutely need, to punish people who are not doing anything to actively contribute to the game. An Internet Stranger lynch has utility as well, I think he's bossing the Town around like I've seen COUNTLESS times in games, but this time not for anything useful. JAM, contrary to his assertion, is the
TOTAL POLAR EXTREME ÜBER OPPOSITE
of coasting.

JAM - let's discuss. I trust you since we're both trying to both be active and scream from a soapbox at a deaf and apathetic Town.

I don't really want smallpeoples around much like you, but I think we need to push elsewhere. I... I don't know about Rikana. It seems like your case only shows him saying a few things that don't really seem to be damning. Or maybe that response made him seem scummier?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Empking »

We need a VC so I can see who to wagon (it won't be JAM that's for sure)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

It's a smattering, JAM's 2 is the largest. Try actually reading the thread and seeing whose reasoning seems most compelling.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Empking »

yabbaguy wrote:It's a smattering, JAM's 2 is the largest. Try actually reading the thread and seeing whose reasoning seems most compelling.

Compelling reasoning has nothing to do with alignments.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

Rikana wrote:Being sure in a read is now scummy? lol

I'll say this again: There is a difference, on
Day One
, between being
confident
in your read and
100%
certain, like you seem to suggest you are, that malp will flip town. The
only
people that can be 100% sure of who is town and who is scum on
Day One
are the scum. Investigators have not yet had a chance to investigate. I don't trust anybody declaring with absolute certainty that someone is scum or town on Day One.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Rikana »

JAMFTW wrote:
Rikana wrote:Being sure in a read is now scummy? lol

I'll say this again: There is a difference, on
Day One
, between being
confident
in your read and
100%
certain, like you seem to suggest you are, that malp will flip town. The
only
people that can be 100% sure of who is town and who is scum on
Day One
are the scum. Investigators have not yet had a chance to investigate. I don't trust anybody declaring with absolute certainty that someone is scum or town on Day One.
I said nothing about Malp being confirmed.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Sky »

PeregrineV wrote:
2. C'mon, people, explain your votes! :igmeou:

PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: EmpKing
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Smalls hammer vote at the end of the last day was awful, but it was almost to awful to have come from scum, so I'm leaning town there. Where as
I approve of this voting for Jam his day 1 play was suspicious and the quote Chris raises is suspicious based on JAM own push on Rikana over certainly of language. Where I would read the Rikana thing as null (due to use of language) as they are both certain of Malps town flip as they claim to have been over a bristep scum flip.

Vote JAMFTW

I would also be interested in Peregrine's explanation for his vote this day phase as it is a strange vote after the day 1 call of explaining votes.

It would also be really good to get some FS input into the thread as I want to get a feeling as to where he is.
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:31 am

Post by JAMFTW »

Rikana, you said "malp won't flip scum." I am not paraphrasing, adding or deleting anything to that. The quote is above, so I don't feel the need to quote it again. You didn't say "I don't think malp will flip scum" or "Malp is reading townie to me." It was a declaration. "Malp won't flip scum." Without any qualifiers attached, I read that as someone being 100% certain of another person's alignment.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm going to try a totally transparent suspect list. I was half-tempted to use Optimize colors from my Mish-Mash game, but I think everyone understands red to green more easily. :lol:

Ordering within each color chunk is irrelevant.

yabbaguy
- In case you don't know what the green end is.
PeregrineV
- Is posting a trifle too little, really needs to contribute more. But is also, like me, trying to scream at the Town and taking direct action against people who don't play the game in a Town manner. I'm focusing on activity, he's focusing on transparent reasons for votes. I'm going to ignore that opaque Empking vote for now.
JAMFTW
- Is getting pressured for reasons that are very baseless, honestly. It's a bunch of half-assery that is somehow adding up to a scum case on him and I just don't see it.
SomeRandomGuy
- I get the sense of him being genuine, but is playing too slow. I really would like to have him suspect or vote someone at this time.
Rikana
- Is starting to sound more and more Town, but needs to remain in the neutral zone until I hear more persuasive efforts to be Town and actively try to find scum in this game.
Swiftstrike
- Sounded Town and contributes well - but the remark about smallpeoples' hammer being scummy is totally out of place when he thought he was going to be hammering himself. It's a nitpick, so he stays in the green.
FightingShadow
- Not going out of orange zone until I hear more.
smallpeoples343
- When someone simply refuses to play the game as he has, I basically have to table him until everyone else in the orange flips.
Empking
- not doing enough. His last philosophical-sounding remark to me is no excuse from him not trying to genuinely find scum.
Internet Stranger
- Perhaps the worst contributor to the inactivity problem, pointing it out, yet doing nothing active to do anything with it. Still my current vote.
Sky
- Extremely shady, while part of this was possibly due to inactivity, is essentially taking WAY too much of a laid-back approach for me to feel comfortable having him in the game. While to his credit, he's stayed consistent to malp, I just don't think his style is Town - he's really just launching darts to the wall hoping they stick and lucky him, the malp wagon stuck.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Really? A bullshit list? Let's see, which spots would you put your scumbuddies into:

I would say one at Jam's spot and one at people's spot.

Really, you're going to get on me about contributing, yet you counter with this garbage? That's laughable. I'm lynching Jam, when he flips scum, you're next. This white knight bullshit you're trying to pull isn't going to fly here.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Why is this game filled with so much garbage? All this does is help the scum hide.

Where the fuck did everybody go?

I have finished re-reading the thread. Its still full of crap and garbage. Luckily, im still ok with a Malp lynch, so lets make it happen.

This is bullshit. Seven pages of posts and only about 1/2 a page of actual content. I'm going to lynch Malp for the fuck of it. If Malp is scum, I'm going after anyone not on the wagon. If he flips town, I'm going after everyone on the wagon.

So what's to going to be? Get your thumbs out of your ass and start voting.

But the 8pages don't have much content.

That chain of posts quoted above acknowledges that there is a serious activity and content problem, yet fails to do anything to solve the problem, other than just trying to shove the malp wagon along. That's sort of this false white-knighting that I believe you're accusing me of now. While I admit that I believe that "pot kettle black" inherently succumbs to the "tu quoques" fallacy, I contest I haven't been dishonest while your efforts are dissatisfactory. Show me otherwise.

Are you genuinely trying to rectify this solution, contrary to my claim? If no, then the vote is deserved. Am I not genuinely trying to rectify this situation, contrary to my claim? If no, then your suspicion on me is invalid.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Addendum: why is my list bullshit?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Sky »

yabbaguy wrote:
Sky
- Extremely shady, while part of this was possibly due to inactivity, is essentially taking WAY too much of a laid-back approach for me to feel comfortable having him in the game. While to his credit, he's stayed consistent to malp, I just don't think his style is Town - he's really just launching darts to the wall hoping they stick and lucky him, the malp wagon stuck.

What do you mean by this dart business? Day 1 is always slim pickings. We had smalls and malp. You even say so. You convinced the other voters to go with either of the two. I wasn't for malp at the beginning of the day, but as the sun set, he was the scumiest of Day 1. Smalls is just a lurker, plain and simple. While it is not helpful to the town it by no means makes him scum. Malp was the better lynch of the two so I went with it.

I understand what JAM is saying about Rikana. He posts in a very precise sort of way. Sure, if he was scum he'd know what flips what. But you could also say that stating opinions the way he does makes him less on the fence about anything, whereas being shifty about reads can be scummy.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Fair. I also have to admit that "throwing darts at the wall" - my way of saying that someone keeps trying on suspicions until one finally catches on, THEN committing, is harder to tell when only one of these "darts" has been thrown.

My other problem though is that you've started D2 as well with fluff. It's been 1) "where is FS?" and 2) some post which I'm guessing is somehow meant to stealthily throw a giant dagger at PV, which I think won't even happen.

I mean, I just don't know if you're scumhunting. You're waking up now at least, but there is a serious issue of you basically contributing to this atmosphere where the malp wagon was basically along the lines of "well he said something weird" "eh, what the hell" and there we were at deadline basically going along with it. That's why I pegged you red on my Scum-Finder 9000- okay, whatever, it's a scumlist. At the moment, you're on pace to let Town do the exact same thing.

Can you name
one
person you suspect?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Rikana »

JAMFTW wrote:Rikana, you said "malp won't flip scum." I am not paraphrasing, adding or deleting anything to that. The quote is above, so I don't feel the need to quote it again. You didn't say "I don't think malp will flip scum" or "Malp is reading townie to me." It was a declaration. "Malp won't flip scum." Without any qualifiers attached, I read that as someone being 100% certain of another person's alignment.
Now you're going into differences in semantics. This isn't scummy anymore. This is how I play. If that's scummy to you, then that's cool. Go ahead and try to lynch me on that basis alone.
I dare you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”