Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Junpei »

Well killerjester this vote makes no sense to me. You are choosing to lynch izak apparently because of a post that Pinky made regarding his cognitive dissonance on Jester jokes. Unfortunately I can't say it is a scumtell because if you'll notice (and Pinky noticed as well) that it was most likely caused by Pinky's response to the first instance. I'd like to see izak's response though before I go into anymore detail. Regardless your vote seems out of place given all the other options we have going for us.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by killerjester »

Should I elaborate? izak's second instance, the one where he talks down on you for suggesting a jester possibility seems like he's over-compensating for his earlier mistake. That's what really rang the scum-dar in my head.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Junpei »

killerjester wrote:Should I elaborate? izak's second instance, the one where he talks down on you for suggesting a jester possibility seems like he's over-compensating for his earlier mistake. That's what really rang the scum-dar in my head.

I can see that, fair enough.

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

junpei wrote:Also, I apologize if you've already done this Zel1nK, but I couldn't find where you explained why you claimed vigilante? It seemed to serve no purpose. You say that you "never tell jokes" and that you are always serious. You even referenced your claim recently wondering if you could kill both of Zlinger and Meran. The fact that you never joke makes me find that suspicious as that is something that you would ask in a role PM. Even so it seems rather obvious whether or not your PM says you can kill two in a night. I want you to explain this as best you can.

In what possible way could it benefit you for me to discuss my motives here?

plj wrote:Zinger townslipped. He's town.

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, I don't consider that a town slip, but it's at least not worth pursuing today.

izak is a wagon I can get behind, though.

Unvote

VOTE: izak
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Chevre wrote:Simple: if you're town, you shouldn't be helping anyone. You don't hold your opinions to yourself. The town needs as much information as possible.
And if I'm not town?
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

The pro-town thing to do right now is ignore every post by Zinger. For the rest of this game. Just pretend he's not even there.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Now you're just trying to tick me off.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Junpei »

ZeL1nK wrote:
junpei wrote:Also, I apologize if you've already done this Zel1nK, but I couldn't find where you explained why you claimed vigilante? It seemed to serve no purpose. You say that you "never tell jokes" and that you are always serious. You even referenced your claim recently wondering if you could kill both of Zlinger and Meran. The fact that you never joke makes me find that suspicious as that is something that you would ask in a role PM. Even so it seems rather obvious whether or not your PM says you can kill two in a night. I want you to explain this as best you can.

In what possible way could it benefit you for me to discuss my motives here?

Well I find hiding under hidden role mechanics suspicious and I wanted to see if there was any way that you could safely explain some of it to me. From what I know vigilante can only kill 1 person at night typically.

As for the people who are saying don't point out Zlinger's town slip, if out of the handful of people who seem to have seen it there is 1 scum, then scum will already know. No reason to not inform town. Besides, scum will find it out in 1 months' time anyways, but someone like me who is new to the site and (admittedly) not understanding of how someone could townslip, it'd be helpful.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Honestly, I didn't even think a townslip was even possible. Scumslip, sure, but townslip?

I am mighty curious myself as to what they are talking about.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Chevre »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Chevre wrote:Simple: if you're town, you shouldn't be helping anyone. You don't hold your opinions to yourself. The town needs as much information as possible.
And if I'm not town?

Are you saying you aren't town?
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

Less bickering, more votes on Pine plox
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by marco1610 »

UNVOTE:
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Junpei wrote:Oh yeah also ThAdmiral, just to respond to that one bit in your post, waiting for L-1 would have been dangerous. I knew that I was tracker and that there is no way this BW was going tot turn around just because I replaced in. People were going v/la and it was very close to a lynch.

I generally give replacements who are being heavily bandwagoned a bit of leeway. I'm not sure about everyone else though.

Zinger2099 wrote:@Junpei, it's Day 1. Gimme a break. I see nothing that isn't just people jumping to conclusions or circumstantial.

Day 1 cases are almost always a flop. All that really matters is that we keep people talking so there is something to look back at during the following days.

I used to be like you and think day 1 was basically useless. I know think it is the most important day in a mafia game (apart from lylo).

Junpei wrote:Zlinger what you're doing is 100% anti-town. We are wasting energy/posts on you and that is bad. I won't take role-excuses for an answer as it seems like a really cheap way to get out of jail free. Could someone please confirm that there is a likely mechanic that implies that what Zlinger is doing is smart? If there is then Zlinger is an idiot or mafia for softclaiming it. If not than Zlinger is mafia or we have an unlikely scenario.

This.
And to answer your question: no, there is no role that would require him to be
somewhat
suspected. Him softclaiming is him being an idiot, and that applies if he's town or scum.

@ mod: can we get meransiel replaced for not playing to their win condition?

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:Zinger townslipped. He's town.

I think I see what you are talking about, but I don't necessarily agree. I don't think the mod confirmed one way or the other.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Junpei wrote:Oh yeah also ThAdmiral, just to respond to that one bit in your post, waiting for L-1 would have been dangerous. I knew that I was tracker and that there is no way this BW was going tot turn around just because I replaced in. People were going v/la and it was very close to a lynch.

I generally give replacements who are being heavily bandwagoned a bit of leeway. I'm not sure about everyone else though.

Zinger2099 wrote:@Junpei, it's Day 1. Gimme a break. I see nothing that isn't just people jumping to conclusions or circumstantial.

Day 1 cases are almost always a flop. All that really matters is that we keep people talking so there is something to look back at during the following days.

I used to be like you and think day 1 was basically useless. I know think it is the most important day in a mafia game (apart from lylo).

Junpei wrote:Zlinger what you're doing is 100% anti-town. We are wasting energy/posts on you and that is bad. I won't take role-excuses for an answer as it seems like a really cheap way to get out of jail free. Could someone please confirm that there is a likely mechanic that implies that what Zlinger is doing is smart? If there is then Zlinger is an idiot or mafia for softclaiming it. If not than Zlinger is mafia or we have an unlikely scenario.

This.
And to answer your question: no, there is no role that would require him to be
somewhat
suspected. Him softclaiming is him being an idiot, and that applies if he's town or scum.

@ mod: can we get meransiel replaced for not playing to their win condition?

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:Zinger townslipped. He's town.

I think I see what you are talking about, but I don't necessarily agree. I don't think the mod confirmed one way or the other.

Why meran? Zinger is doing the same thing.

I would gladly have him replaced.

On the other hand MoI come back here and solve this clusterfuck.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ vezok: yeah zinger too.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

ZeL1nK wrote:
killer wrote:Dear God. Do people want to give more input than, "KJ is being silly, he should just believe Leon is town like the rest of us."?

killer, I personally don't care whether you agree with my read, but your case on Leon is stretching.

- Scum fabricate excuses to claim that they find someone suspicious.
- Scum uses manipulation and deceit to achieve their nefarious ends.
- Scum try to look suspicious of someone that is in no danger of being lynched so they are uninvolved with the lynch of a townie.
- Scum need to look like they are trying to catch scum.

Like yeah, these are valid points in general, but trying to apply them to Leon is stretching.

The main reason I think he's probably town is mostly to do with nuances in his posts that give me town vibes. He's also done nothing that really stands out and makes me think he's scum, so bonus points there, considering how many people are begging to be lynched right now.

I made my reasons for suspecting Leon fairly clear -I don't see how you could seriously think that town "vibes" (a word which really discredits you right there) can overcome that

MOI wrote:
@ volkan: I know you've addressed this before in another game but how does your number system deal with lurkers? They wouldn't get points as they aren't saying anything.

Short answer: It doesn't.

Longer answer: I don't think lurking is a scumtell, so it isn't really a problem. In practice, of course, in an endgame or near-endgame scenario when the uncertainty around lurkers had become a serious and immediately pressing issue, I'd weigh up that uncertainty against scumminess. For example: somebody who had lurked all game probably would not get voted over somebody at 70+, but might well be voted over somebody at 55-60. I admit that I have no clear rules on this point, because, despite being an obvious theoretical problem, it rarely arises in practice, and it isn't the sort of thing that really can be dealt with mechanistically.

silver wrote:
vollkan wrote:
@Silver: you still haven't explained why Pine is scum. Your "case" on him seems to just basically be that he is a lurker

*stares at vollkan angrily*
*again expresses general disdain towards Pine*
*suggests you move your vote to Pine*

*farts in your general direction*

vezokpiraka wrote:
vollkan wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote zinger

I know both zinger and meransiel post on day 1 and make cases.

Right now neither of them does that and just says they are bored. Something is afoot. I believe meran because even if he posts he doesn't post that much on day 1 , but zinger does.

You just contradicted yourself.

First you said meransiel does "post on day 1 and make cases". Then you say "even if he posts he doesn't post that much on day 1"

I have no idea what I meant to say there.

In the case of somebody as "special" (but for mod rule 2, I would have used
a different adjective
several different adjectives :cool:) as you, I'd normally buy this.

However, if you didn't mean that, then your post simply doesn't make sense. You anchor yourself to choosing either zinger or meran (problematic in and of itself) because, you say, they both post cases on D1. But then, you choose zinger over meran precisely because, you say, meran
doesn't
post much on D1.

zinger wrote:
Chevre's wall post strikes me as the kind of wall post a lurker scum would make after her scumbuddies prodded her and said "hey, you're lurking too much!"

Obvious question - How do you think it differs from the kind of post a lurker-town would make?

Leon wrote:
I considered his stalling scummy enough to raise the bar.

Do you have any meta evidence for you taking into account wagon size as being somehow proportionate to your suspicion? It's an unusual way to play
pinky wrote:
Cognitive dissonance from joking about jesters and then calling people stupid for talking about jesters. Probably caused by me (correctly) calling out his intent behind his first post (see I).

What's "I"?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

vollkan wrote:
ZeL1nK wrote:
killer wrote:Dear God. Do people want to give more input than, "KJ is being silly, he should just believe Leon is town like the rest of us."?

killer, I personally don't care whether you agree with my read, but your case on Leon is stretching.

- Scum fabricate excuses to claim that they find someone suspicious.
- Scum uses manipulation and deceit to achieve their nefarious ends.
- Scum try to look suspicious of someone that is in no danger of being lynched so they are uninvolved with the lynch of a townie.
- Scum need to look like they are trying to catch scum.

Like yeah, these are valid points in general, but trying to apply them to Leon is stretching.

The main reason I think he's probably town is mostly to do with nuances in his posts that give me town vibes. He's also done nothing that really stands out and makes me think he's scum, so bonus points there, considering how many people are begging to be lynched right now.

I made my reasons for suspecting Leon fairly clear -I don't see how you could seriously think that town "vibes" (a word which really discredits you right there) can overcome that

MOI wrote:
@ volkan: I know you've addressed this before in another game but how does your number system deal with lurkers? They wouldn't get points as they aren't saying anything.

Short answer: It doesn't.

Longer answer: I don't think lurking is a scumtell, so it isn't really a problem. In practice, of course, in an endgame or near-endgame scenario when the uncertainty around lurkers had become a serious and immediately pressing issue, I'd weigh up that uncertainty against scumminess. For example: somebody who had lurked all game probably would not get voted over somebody at 70+, but might well be voted over somebody at 55-60. I admit that I have no clear rules on this point, because, despite being an obvious theoretical problem, it rarely arises in practice, and it isn't the sort of thing that really can be dealt with mechanistically.

silver wrote:
vollkan wrote:
@Silver: you still haven't explained why Pine is scum. Your "case" on him seems to just basically be that he is a lurker

*stares at vollkan angrily*
*again expresses general disdain towards Pine*
*suggests you move your vote to Pine*

*farts in your general direction*

vezokpiraka wrote:
vollkan wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote zinger

Right now neither of them does that and just says they are bored. Something is afoot. I believe meran because even if he posts he doesn't post that much on day 1 , but zinger does.

First you said meransiel does "post on day 1 and make cases". Then you say "even if he posts he doesn't post that much on day 1"

a different adjective

However, if you didn't mean that, then your post simply doesn't make sense. You anchor yourself to choosing either zinger or meran (problematic in and of itself) because, you say, they both post cases on D1. But then, you choose zinger over meran precisely because, you say, meran
doesn't
post much on D1.

zinger wrote:
Chevre's wall post strikes me as the kind of wall post a lurker scum would make after her scumbuddies prodded her and said "hey, you're lurking too much!"

Obvious question - How do you think it differs from the kind of post a lurker-town would make?

Leon wrote:
I considered his stalling scummy enough to raise the bar.

Do you have any meta evidence for you taking into account wagon size as being somehow proportionate to your suspicion? It's an unusual way to play
pinky wrote:
Cognitive dissonance from joking about jesters and then calling people stupid for talking about jesters. Probably caused by me (correctly) calling out his intent behind his first post (see I).

What's "I"?

I think I remember what the fuck I wanted to say.

Well I think both meran and zinger aren't doing anything, but I saw meran do nothing before, but sometimes he does stuff. On the other hand this is the first time zinger doesn't do a thing.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

chkballin wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:Reconcile plz.

...okay? It had no effect on my read, it was just a comment I maee. You are null/leaning scum for other reasons, adding harping to a null/leaning read as one of them...

You expect me to believe that in a list of reads, the comment immediately preceeding the read
is of
no relevance
whatsoever to the read
?

killerjester wrote:Should I elaborate? izak's second instance, the one where he talks down on you for suggesting a jester possibility seems like he's over-compensating for his earlier mistake. That's what really rang the scum-dar in my head.

This is a good articulation of what I had in my head.

vollkan wrote:What's "I"?

I (as in 'myself') numbered (as in 'I, II, II...') the different parts of my case. I'm referring to Part I.

@ Mod: In your latest vote count there's a mistake here:

jasonT1981 wrote:
Chevre 1 - Pappum,Nero

~ Hoppster
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:59 am

Post by vollkan »

vezokpiraka wrote:
vollkan wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:
vollkan wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote zinger

a different adjective

doesn't
post much on D1.

I think I remember what the fuck I wanted to say.

Well I think both meran and zinger aren't doing anything, but I saw meran do nothing before, but sometimes he does stuff. On the other hand this is the first time zinger doesn't do a thing.

So you were lying when you said that you "know" that Meransiel "posts on D1 and makes cases"?

Pinky wrote: I (as in 'myself') numbered (as in 'I, II, II...') the different parts of my case. I'm referring to Part I.

I can't find it...which post #?
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:35 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I think he means #289.. he called it A, B, C etc though..
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Meransiel »

Thanks vezok, I owe you one.

Vote: Zinger
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Meransiel »

Also you guys do know that I am more active than 40% the playerlist, right?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Activity doesn't count for everything Meran.

@Chevre, I was speaking hypothetically.

@Vezok and ThAdmiral, rather presumptuous of both of you to think you know what my win condition is.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Meransiel »

You could replace Pine if you wanted. Or Glowball. Or 4 other people. But nooo, I'm easy meat.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:16 am

Post by vollkan »

David Xanatos wrote:I think he means #289.. he called it A, B, C etc though..

Since A was about Leon, I assume he meant:
Pinky wrote: I don't like this post. It feels like a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M UNINFORMED MAJORITY LOOK AT ME ASK ABOUT JESTERS"-post.

The above argument is just weak. Jester speculation is ALWAYS dumb but rarely is it scummy - for it to be a scumtell, you have to do the sort of WIFOM acrobatics that Pinky is doing where you suppose that the person is scum deliberately acting dumb to appear town.

Meransiel wrote:Thanks vezok, I owe you one.

Vote: Zinger

...somebody just sheeped vezok.... :?

Words escape me

Meran wrote:
Also you guys do know that I am more active than 40% the playerlist, right?

You are also more of an obnoxious dick than 26/27 of the playlist.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”