Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Junpei »

I think the mod cleared him somewhere (That's what people are saying) but I don't see it or the town slip. Regardless he isn't a townie so that is out of the window.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Here is a sample from another mafai game of a self-aligned who sounds something like Zinger.

Sam Warren "the Loner", Self-Aligned Seeker

Item: A worn out picture of a gold miner.

Living on the outskirts of Dreven is difficult, especially with the desert so close, but you make do with what little you have, which amounts to no more than a one room shack, outhouse, and well. You’ve been on your own since your daddy left to hunt gold in the northern mountains when you turned nine. One day while going through the junk your daddy left behind, you found a scrape piece of parchment detailing the birth of a boy in Dreven City. This boy couldn’t be you, because the wild witch woman, Ilana, helped your mother deliver you before see died of pregnancy. It appears you have kin living in Dreven, an older brother, and you mean to find him during your next three-day excursion in the city.

You have three days to find your brother, and each night you may visit a person’s house to see if they are your brother. Each night you visit the wrong person you will receive a clue to your brother’s identity. If by the end of the third night you fail to find him, you will leave Dreven forever. The gold rush fever has gotten in your blood, and like your father, you will leave to seek your fortune.

If you find your brother you will become a
member of Dreven City
. Until you find him, you are Self-Aligned and can only win by living during your visit to Dreven.

Mod Notes:

If the brother is killed before Sam finds him, Sam blames the town and becomes
Lawson Gang Goon

If the brother is found they form a Mason Group with a One-Shot Night Kill
If three days pass and Sam doesn’t find his brother he leaves the game with a Self-Aligned Win
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't see either of those. Could someone link me to where he was mod-confirmed, or where he townslipped?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

-Junpei
Junpei wrote: Silverdrummer: I asked you if you had read the walls of text that were posted earlier in the day, you never responded. Please respond.

Well I sorta did in my original catchup post. hint hint skimmed. Thought I addressed it after but apparently I did not.

-OverToast
Jumps onto a Pine wagon where my RVS vote is. I don't like that at all.

.... The Pine wagon... consisting of a whole 2 votes? Overtoast I demand you expand on this now.

-Rest of Town

Please stop being stupid, third party CAN be useful to us even if he IS lying and has a killing role... I HIGHLY doubt the game would end if he does fulfill his wincon so again... stop being stupid and move on to the bigger problem which is PINE... who has a glorious total of 2 posts in this game yet CONTINUES to post in others.

Junpei is an ok wagon too at this point.. but again I HIGHLY prefer the death or replacement of pine
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Junpei »

I don't want flinger to win, he doesn't deserve to win. If he is third party/scum (he is confirmed one of those) then he will be less likely to win by killing him. If we don't lynch him I demand we shoot him via vigilante.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Rodion wrote:Zinger claimed 3rd-party, I don't see the harm in wanting to know more about his claim: it's not like we're outing a town PR. I'm also curious about the logic behind people claiming Zinger "townslipped".
I would also like to know how I townslipped.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Any time spent on me is time wasted towards your own win conditions. If I am to win I should be out of the game before the end of it, and if I am not I probably can't win (my target is likely dead).

My role is similar to what Peregrine quoted, though not the same. I also don't leave the game after a set period of time as far as I can tell, I only leave if I win.

In any event, for those of you who are town out there, I would be extremely suspicious of the people who are pushing my lynch so hard. I might not be town, but I am also not against the town. Your enemy is the mafia, and any time spent focusing on me is time spent ignoring your true threat.

For that matter, the same goes for the mafia. It would be wasteful of you to waste a night kill on me. Though, I can see why pushing for my lynch (as I am sure some of you are) is a good idea from your standpoint.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:I don't want
flinger
to win, he doesn't deserve to win.
This part really bugs me. What makes you think you "deserve" to win anymore than I do? I am playing towards my own personal win-con, and just because it's not the same as YOUR win-con doesn't mean I don't deserve to win. You're really arrogant buster.
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

First off, since both heads of this hydra are trying to post as one, we will not be signing posts.

We think it would be in the town's best interests for Zinger to fullclaim. You have claimed that you are not town-aligned, and therefore the town has reason to investigate your motives. Just taking your word for it is not good enough.

I do not like the way that Junpei has been pushing the zinger wagon. Someone claiming that they are not town is obviously going to get people's attention, and I feel like zinger would be an easy lynch for scum. I especially dont like the way Junpei has claimed that Zinger "doesnt deserve to win". This has no rational reasoning behind it, and is more of an AtE than a decent argument why Zinger should be lynched.

More later.
ThreeIsFrench
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by ThreeIsFrench »

Junpei wrote:1) Meran to the meta rescue. Goomba being Goomba is asking for role claims? lolwat?

2) ThreeIsFrench you neither tagged your post nor gave reasoning for that vote.

lmao whoops.

it was Hip, and we voted because of the claim, i dont want a 3rd party around
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Alright, alright, if it is a fullclaim you all want...

I am a Self-Aligned Jailkeeper. Each night I can target someone and jail them. They are both roleblocked and protected that night. I can only do this to each player once.

If I target a specific player, they are instead permanently roleblocked and I am removed from the game with a win.

If that player dies before I get a chance to do this I can no longer win (but remain in the game until it ends or I die).

The flavor is such that I have a deal with the local jail warden (he owes me a favor). He locks up people I chose so I can go into their homes and rob them while they aren't home. A certain someone has something in their home which will be extremely valuable and allows me to give up my life of crime and live the big life.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Vaguely caught up now.. and how exactly is that a null role? You're roleblocking random people, that will include Town, and the person you Roleblock for good might be Town too.. that's not neutral, that's bad for everyone.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:Any time spent on me is time wasted towards your own win conditions. If I am to win I should be out of the game before the end of it, and if I am not I probably can't win (my target is likely dead).
Guys trust me, you shouldn't bother lynching me, I promise

My role is similar to what Peregrine quoted, though not the same. I also don't leave the game after a set period of time as far as I can tell, I only leave if I win.

In any event, for those of you who are town out there, I would be extremely suspicious of the people who are pushing my lynch so hard. I might not be town, but I am also not against the town. Your enemy is the mafia, and any time spent focusing on me is time spent ignoring your true threat.
People voting me are suspicious. I sure hope that you guys see this and unvote me! You are probably scum!

For that matter, the same goes for the mafia. It would be wasteful of you to waste a night kill on me. Though, I can see why pushing for my lynch (as I am sure some of you are) is a good idea from your standpoint.
Oh yeah, mafia too I guess! Also people lynching me are scum!

Yeah I don't like this post at all.

Also you don't deserve to win because you are not playing the way your role (if that is your role) is designed. You aren't supposed to hardclaim day 1 and say "nanana boo boo you can't touch me!", and the fact that you did makes me think you are either fake claiming as scum or more likely you are just not that smart. If you thought I had reason to lynch you before, imagine now that you've told us that you're a ROLEBLOCKER. That is such a bad thing for town, a rouge roleblocker.

Finally, this is not just an easy lynch, this is a good lynch. Stop assuming that just because it should be easy to garner support for a lynch means that it is wrong and those on the lynch are scum. That is just bad reasoning.

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Chevre »

No, not really. Now that I gave you an obvtown, can you please let me lurk quietly? Thank you.

That's not how it works. A mafiate could easily tell us that so-and-so is town by telling us they are mafia and they know this, but we don't give them a free-pass, do we?

And I encourage you to make a "useful post" similar to mine, with your thoughts on the game and players so far, instead of making snarky, one-line comments and looking like a lazy fool.

Pappums Leather Jacket: How do you feel about Meransiel?

MOD: Is replacing Meransiel a viable option? Many players do not agree with her play so far. Like if such a percentage of the players agreed to it, could she be replaced?
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Pine and EasJo have been prodded (1)

Chevre wrote:
MOD: Is replacing Meransiel a viable option? Many players do not agree with her play so far. Like if such a percentage of the players agreed to it, could she be replaced?

Sorry, but no. She is posting within the required posting times, and unless she either fails to respond to a prod, gets 3 prods in one day or requests replacement then there is nothing I can do by the rules I have set out.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Chevre »

I understand. Those are the rules you laid out at the beginning of the game, and I'm of the mindset that thinks you should play by those rules.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Junpei »

Rule 2 states that you can modkill/replace as you deem fit

Rule 3 states that you may add/edit rules as you please.

There is wiggle room to get rid of Meran if you want.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Guys, maybe it's not a mod-killable offense?

We've had one claimed third party.. maybe there's more than one? I know it's not Jester, but perhaps some form of Bomb? A game I played a while back off-site had a guy acting like this.. he turned out to be a Random Bomb.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Junpei »

Well then my question is this. Is it more likely to have negative repercussions for town by lynching or vig shooting Meran?

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I'm not completely familiar with what happens if a Vig shoots a random bomb.. all I know is that it got lucky last time and hit a Scum Roleblocker. I don't think Jason would be that level of bastard-mod though..

It's a tough choice though.. I mean, if we have a Vig, especially a multi-shot Vig, is it worth the chance of it being a Bomb variety to take him out?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok ... I'm too tired to do a solid catch-up tonight.

Please don't hammer anyone before I've had a chance to post in the AM.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I should clarify, I'm not completely familiar with what happens if a Bomb is shot in general..
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Junpei »

A bomb being shot kills both the bomb and the shooter.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

What happens on a Lynch though?

Our version (Board 8 on Gamefaqs, aka Contest board) detonated on a Lynch too.. but the MS wiki specifically says "night".. is that the standard version?

If it is, wouldn't a lynch be wiser, to prevent us losing a Vig?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Rodion
Rodion
Goon
Rodion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Rodion »

David Xanatos wrote:What happens on a Lynch though?

Our version (Board 8 on Gamefaqs, aka Contest board) detonated on a Lynch too.. but the MS wiki specifically says "night".. is that the standard version?

If it is, wouldn't a lynch be wiser, to prevent us losing a Vig?

On my other forum. whoever hammered dies.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”