[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Yonzy »

sooo nobody is telling me what I did :( I posted what I thinkkk why/how am I giving scumvibes?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 am

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 am

Post by bobsnox »

YankCane151 wrote:
bobsnox wrote:Getting scumvibes from Yonzy, YankCane, and el simo. Still ok with my Lobster vote at the moment.

You too? You'd rather keep a random vote then vote who you have scumvibes on?

Lobster vote is not random
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 am

Post by YankCane151 »

bobsnox wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:
bobsnox wrote:Getting scumvibes from Yonzy, YankCane, and el simo. Still ok with my Lobster vote at the moment.

You too? You'd rather keep a random vote then vote who you have scumvibes on?

Lobster vote is not random

You didn't explain it at all, so I assumed such. Care to?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 am

Post by bobsnox »

It was a random vote at first but his ISO gives me scumvibes just like those others I listed. You are right, though; I didn't explain it. But I was trying to imply that I guess.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

el simo wrote:My thought at the moment are centred on Hez. His reasonings seem to imply that he'd think Confid is scum, or scummy, but he dismisses it as it's not 'fair.'

Doesn't seem like town logic..

Firstly, Hez only said that one of my points wasn't a fair scumtell. He didn't call the whole case unfair.

Secondly, while I don't agree/support this point, if you honestly believe in it, why didn't you bring it up earlier? And if you found it voteworthy, why didn't you vote him until now?

@Yonzy - What originally made you think that the RVS was over? The facepalm was because you didn't random vote in the RVS stage and when the game got serious you
did
random vote. Is there anybody you suspect at this stage of the game? Why?

YankCane151 wrote:Strengthened? Why don't you just vote me already instead of staying on a random vote? Certainly a good way to seem non-comittal regarding me, if you strengthened your leeriness of me from an FoS it should probably just be a vote.

Read the thread again, please. My vote on ConfidAnon is serious. Not random. And even if you had acted more suspicious than him I wouldn't unvote until ConfidAnon had responded to the vote and defended himself.

YankCane151 wrote:I don't have to agree with him to explain it. That's like (incoming sports reference) someone who doesn't know about sports saying "What makes the Yankees the winningest team in baseball?" and a Sox fan going "Well, they have 27 titles". The two aren't related in my eyes nor were they when I said it.

Why did you make post 37? You don't agree that there was AtE in el simo's post. Right? So why explain his motivation for adding AtE to his answer, as scum, when you didn't even believe there was any AtE? It still doesn't make sense to me.

YankCane151 wrote:And Wicked, why did you not call out Dizzy for not random voting?

...because, IIRC, Dizzy hasn't even made a post outside of the confirmation stage.

More later.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Horrifying Hero wrote:This game.

Way too easy.

Wicked, thanks for giving you one of your buddies. When you die, Yonzy's next.
Care to give us your third?

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

Care to actually explain your reads? That might be useful. Mastin, if you are so certain that I'm scum, why not try to convince others to vote for me or explain why you are voting me?

ConfidAnon wrote:Trying to plant the idea of simo town in everyone's heads.

If you were a townie in his position, how would you have phrased his question?

ConfidAnon wrote:Like I said earlier though, it's not the strongest case but it's better than a random vote. How on earth is that phrase scummy? That's not giving myself room to backpedal - it's clarifying that some votes have more weight behind them than others. If I advocate a lynch at any point in the game, I'll clearly state that. If I don't, I won't (barring looking for reactions and that sort of thing).

Before I elaborate on and defend my point against you, can you please explain what the purpose of your vote for el simo was, originally?

ConfidAnon wrote:And how is joking scummy? It was just that . . . a joke. Since when are jokes a scumtell?

Nice misrep. I never said that joking was a scumtell. Did you actually think I was saying that? LobsterCatapult explained this point pretty well and I can't think of a better way to elaborate on it, so I'll just quote it for you since you ignored it anyway:
LobsterCatapult wrote:no reason to put a joke after a 'serious' reason to vote someone, except to give yourself a weak "it wasnt that serious" out if someone calls you out on it.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:25 am

Post by el simo »

ConfidAnon wrote:He didn't say "all my other games." He said "every game." Which could be a subtle attempt to reinforce that he's town in this game.

If you want to play subtly, I also said "I've" - that being, past tense - not refering to present time and this game.

Wickedestjr wrote:
el simo wrote:My thought at the moment are centred on Hez. His reasonings seem to imply that he'd think Confid is scum, or scummy, but he dismisses it as it's not 'fair.'

Doesn't seem like town logic..

Firstly, Hez only said that one of my points wasn't a fair scumtell. He didn't call the whole case unfair.

Secondly, while I don't agree/support this point, if you honestly believe in it, why didn't you bring it up earlier? And if you found it voteworthy, why didn't you vote him until now?

Why do you think I was asking him the question? I wanted more clarity before I brought it up. I realize now I misunderstood him.

And I didn't, I just wanted to see how he'd respond.

Wickedestjr wrote:

Way too easy.

Care to give us your third?

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

Care to actually explain your reads? That might be useful. Mastin, if you are so certain that I'm scum, why not try to convince others to vote for me or explain why you are voting me?

If I follow their very detailed thought process which they clearly laid out for us, I'd say they think you are Yonzy's partner, guiding him?
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Way too easy.

Care to give us your third? :)

can you explain this?

i see Yankcane as nullish/townish. i dont see the need to jump on him about his 37, to me it was a bit hypothetical, with perhaps a tinge of smartassery. i would see scum as either using this as a jumping pad for an fos or a vote, also, his mistakes of seeing wicked's votes as still random votes seem town to me. generally i see scum trying to be accurate with keeping up who has their vote on who and why.

the one comment that yankcane says that throws me off is "caution is not a scumtell" obviously he is not being very cautious here if he thought that wicked's vote was still an rvs vote. slightly scummy to me, but still overall nullishtown.

yonzy, its because you did an rvs vote when there was solid discussion going on. made it seem like you are dodging real things going on in this thread and disrupting/distracting town.

@confidon: joking is not a scumtell, the way you joked i find scummy. you make a serious vote on el simo, but then tried to play it off as, well a weak vote, so that if we pressure to follow up on it, and why you find el simo scummy, you can easily just say exactly what you just said, that it wasn't that serious, when your reasonings behind it seem so. i see scum undercut their reasons for voting much more so than town.

fos:avasthearties
not liking the vote on KKN

also, we may not be out of rqs, but what is everyone's experience here on MS? like how many completed games has everyone had?
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by avasthearties »

bobsnox wrote:It was a random vote at first but his ISO gives me scumvibes just like those others I listed. You are right, though; I didn't explain it. But I was trying to imply that I guess.

What exactly gives you scumvibes in his postings? Any specific examples?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Wickedestjr wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:Strengthened? Why don't you just vote me already instead of staying on a random vote? Certainly a good way to seem non-comittal regarding me, if you strengthened your leeriness of me from an FoS it should probably just be a vote.

Read the thread again, please. My vote on ConfidAnon is serious. Not random. And even if you had acted more suspicious than him I wouldn't unvote until ConfidAnon had responded to the vote and defended himself.

YankCane151 wrote:I don't have to agree with him to explain it. That's like (incoming sports reference) someone who doesn't know about sports saying "What makes the Yankees the winningest team in baseball?" and a Sox fan going "Well, they have 27 titles". The two aren't related in my eyes nor were they when I said it.

Why did you make post 37? You don't agree that there was AtE in el simo's post. Right? So why explain his motivation for adding AtE to his answer, as scum, when you didn't even believe there was any AtE? It still doesn't make sense to me.

YankCane151 wrote:And Wicked, why did you not call out Dizzy for not random voting?

...because, IIRC, Dizzy hasn't even made a post outside of the confirmation stage.

More later.

My mistake on the random vote thing. Yes, it had a hint of smartassery as Lobster implied, but it was mostly to explain it and move the game along. The fact that Dizzy hasn't posted is irrelevant. Dizzy did confirm, yet hasn't made a random vote. You didn't answer the question there.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by bobsnox »

avasthearties wrote:
bobsnox wrote:It was a random vote at first but his ISO gives me scumvibes just like those others I listed. You are right, though; I didn't explain it. But I was trying to imply that I guess.

What exactly gives you scumvibes in his postings? Any specific examples?

I feel like an idiot but I must've pulled someone else's ISO up and thought it was his. I don't see anything scummy in his ISO upon review. :oops:

UNVOTE: Lobster
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by bobsnox »

I actually like his vote, even.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wickedestjr wrote:If you were a townie in his position, how would you have phrased his question?

Probably in a similar way, if I had the same level of experience. This is a good point.

Wickedestjr wrote:Before I elaborate on and defend my point against you, can you please explain what the purpose of your vote for el simo was, originally?

A more-serious-than-RVS vote to start discussion and see how people react when the game warms up a bit, but not to start a lynch crusade against el simo.

Wickedestjr wrote:Nice misrep. I never said that joking was a scumtell. Did you actually think I was saying that? LobsterCatapult explained this point pretty well and I can't think of a better way to elaborate on it, so I'll just quote it for you since you ignored it anyway:

Not ignoring Lobster - your points are very similar. Sorry that I didn't mention you by name, Lobster, but when I was responding to wicked I felt that that would apply to Lobster to. Next time I'll quote each post, even if they are very similar statemetns.

Anyways, I assumed that the line between a joke meant as light-hearted banter and actual gameplay-related statements was very clear. Because I assumed that you'd notice that, and your point doesn't make sense to me if you know that that line isn't meant as part of any reasoning, the only option left was that you found joking scummy.

el simo wrote:If you want to play subtly, I also said "I've" - that being, past tense - not refering to present time and this game.

Touche.

LobsterCatapult wrote:@confidon: joking is not a scumtell, the way you joked i find scummy. you make a serious vote on el simo, but then tried to play it off as, well a weak vote, so that if we pressure to follow up on it, and why you find el simo scummy, you can easily just say exactly what you just said, that it wasn't that serious, when your reasonings behind it seem so. i see scum undercut their reasons for voting much more so than town.

I see what you're saying. Can't argue against it, because intent is impossible to prove here. But if adding snarky remarks to any post containing gameplay content makes me scummy, then I'm playing the wrong game, because I would be lynched every time (even though I've never been lynched for this before. :x)
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by HezLucky »

ConfidAnon wrote:
I see what you're saying. Can't argue against it, because intent is impossible to prove here. But if adding snarky remarks to any post containing gameplay content makes me scummy, then I'm playing the wrong game, because I would be lynched every time (even though I've never been lynched for this before. :x)

Unvote, Vote: ConfidAnon

Two reasons here:

1) The part in brackets at the end sound like mafia whining over snarky remarks being an unfair thing to lynch over. (Oh look, this tell has come up yet again in my posts)

That's small though, compared to:

2) I'm reading what you are saying and I feel that, given your situation (people are voting you for something stupid like your playstyle), I feel that you really should be showing more frustration than you are. Lack of townie frustration IS a scumtell.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Lack of frustration is NOT a scum tell. That is bs. Frustration clouds judgement, why would that be town?
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by bobsnox »

VOTE: Yonzy

more worried about self-defense than scumhunting.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:Lack of frustration is NOT a scum tell. That is bs. Frustration clouds judgement, why would that be town?

Have you ever played mafia before in your life?
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

HezLucky wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:Lack of frustration is NOT a scum tell. That is bs. Frustration clouds judgement, why would that be town?

Have you ever played mafia before in your life?

im thinking there are a lot of people in this game who may not be extremely experienced. i for one am not a ms veteran, but i getting a newbieish vibe from some people other people too.

@KKN, if frustration isnt townie, what do you think of the response to the rqs questions then? do you think im scum?
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 am

Frustration is null. Either side can be frustrated, show frustration, or fake it. I world rather see someone clear headed then being frustrated. Logic over emotion.

Rqs? If you mean rvs, mind waiting for when I post from a computer for that? Some of them seemed like jokes, one or two serious.

And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

[qoute="HezLucky"]2) I'm reading what you are saying and I feel that, given your situation (people are voting you for something stupid like your playstyle), I feel that you really should be showing more frustration than you are. Lack of townie frustration IS a scumtell.[/quote]

Fuck it.

I rewrote each section of that post, pretty much, because I AM FRUSTRATED. But you know what? I can guarantee that if I would have left it the other way, everyone would have cried AtE and voted me anyway. So fuck, I'm done. I'll just ignore posts related to voting me for now on, and focus on everything else. (This plan probably won't work for me, but I can at least try, right?)

This game . . . fadjks;vmkldz,x.zcx,vja;fkgjraeiogj;f
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Amor »

Votecount

Kid Know Nothing - 3 (YankCane151, Yonzy, avasthearties)
ConfidAnon - 3 (Wickedestjr, LobsterCatapult, hezlucky)

Yonzy - 2 (Kid Know Nothing, bobsnox)
el simo - 2 (ConfidAnon, tarsonisocelot)
HezLucky - 1 (el simo)
Wickedestjr - 1 (Horrifying Hero)

Not Voting - Dizzle

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is July 30 at midnight.

dizzle has been prodded.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:28 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

HezLucky wrote:
1) The part in brackets at the end sound like mafia whining over snarky remarks being an unfair thing to lynch over. (Oh look, this tell has come up yet again in my posts)

That's small though, compared to:

2) I'm reading what you are saying and I feel that, given your situation (people are voting you for something stupid like your playstyle), I feel that you really should be showing more frustration than you are. Lack of townie frustration IS a scumtell.

I'm not sure how differently mafia whining about being wagoned for playstyle and townie frustration over being wagoned for playstyle are supposed to present. Could you clarify the differences between them (preferably but not necessarily with reference to this game)?
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:26 am

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.

So now that I have questioned you about it, why are you keeping your vote up without justification? You are voting to put someone to death without providing reasoning for why you think they are scum. If that up there was your only reason for the vote, then why continue to have an unproductive vote up?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”