vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

WTF is with people and meran?

Chevre really has a problem. Meran did much better than you. The last 3 posts had you saying meran needs replacing. Wow and behold. You are actually doing more nothing than meran.

Third party lynch on day 1 is great. Especially a non claimed third party.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oversoul wrote:
13) vollkan - Jilynne has been scummy and then calls me dumb for believing a vig claim. Avoiding the posts about her fencesitting. Vollkan comes in with weird as shit scumhunting. I don't understand it but I am going to assume he suspects Vezok and Vifam from that post? I like his comment about Leonshade, though. I don't really find Leonshade scummy, but from Vollkan's point of view I can see it.

I use numerical points rather than adjectives (eg. "+5" rather than "very scummy"). This just makes it clearer WHY a particular person is my main suspect (both because the relative strength of the tells is numerically made clear, and because each thing that I consider a scumtell will have points specifically associated with it)

Thus, if you look at the score chart at the end of post 343, you see that Junpei has the most points. This would normally mean he gets my vote but, given his claim, my vote goes to the second-highest: Leon.

Zinger2099 wrote:Alright, alright, if it is a fullclaim you all want...

I am a Self-Aligned Jailkeeper. Each night I can target someone and jail them. They are both roleblocked and protected that night. I can only do this to each player once.

If I target a specific player, they are instead permanently roleblocked and I am removed from the game with a win.

If that player dies before I get a chance to do this I can no longer win (but remain in the game until it ends or I die).

The flavor is such that I have a deal with the local jail warden (he owes me a favor). He locks up people I chose so I can go into their homes and rob them while they aren't home. A certain someone has something in their home which will be extremely valuable and allows me to give up my life of crime and live the big life.

I did some research, and neutral JK has been used before (Mafia 1059), though it didn't seem to have the lyncher mechanic that zinger is claiming.

That said, the claim sounds BS.

First, the odds of this role working winning (this is a large game; Mafia 1059 was small and just had a survival requirement, not a lyncher requirement) are ridiculously small.

Second, his role is clearly a threat to one faction. Sheer numbers suggests that it is more likely to be town than scum

I say we lynch him, unless he gives us more information about his role.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Hmm, damn, maybe you're right. I'll go ISO Leon.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by vollkan »

Meransiel wrote:Hmm, damn, maybe you're right. I'll go ISO Leon.

Was this addressed to me?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Yes. On a skim, he didn't appear blatantly scummy, but I'll reread.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Also
unvote
, missed the tracker claim.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well I'm not persuaded by that claim, and even if it's true, it's quite possibly a threat to the town.

VOTE: Zinger
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Chevre »

vezokpiraka: Meransiel's play annoys me, it's logically perpendicular to what we consider normal play. It irks me so much, and I know I'm the only one.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:52 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

marco1610 wrote:I really doubt a mafia would make himself public enemy number 1 they way Meransiel seems to be. Honestly, if he says he'll become active Day 2; let's just take his word for now and actually contribute on scumhunting. We're just helping mafia by harassing someone over such a small deal.

It's not like we can't pester meransiel while also scumhunting. It's called multitasking.

(by the way if you hadn't noticed the pestering is working!)

@ davidxanatos: your response is adequate to bump you off the top of my scumlist

unvote

vote: junpei

Junpei wrote:3) Yes, it's a wifom tactic. Rather smart as it keeps possible SKs off of you and the town off of you. This creates a case where you are immune to night and day kills and no one gets suspicious. Also note how he doesn't specify a time when he'll win. He says that he could win soon or it could take a longer time, he even offers the possibility that he'll live to LYLO. Does that not seem odd to you?

Bullshit. Do you actually believe this?
No scum is going to claim that - there is 0% chance he is going to survive until lylo.

silverdrummer wrote:Please stop being stupid, third party CAN be useful to us even if he IS lying and has a killing role... I HIGHLY doubt the game would end if he does fulfill his wincon so again... stop being stupid and move on to the bigger problem which is PINE... who has a glorious total of 2 posts in this game yet CONTINUES to post in others.

Really?
PINE!! GET IN HARR!!!!

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:I do not like the way that Junpei has been pushing the zinger wagon. Someone claiming that they are not town is obviously going to get people's attention, and I feel like zinger would be an easy lynch for scum. I especially dont like the way Junpei has claimed that Zinger "doesnt deserve to win". This has no rational reasoning behind it, and is more of an AtE than a decent argument why Zinger should be lynched.

This.

David Xanatos wrote:that's not neutral, that's bad for everyone.. :/

Wait, yes? That
would
make it neutral as it's the same for everyone!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Chevre wrote:vezokpiraka: Meransiel's play annoys me, it's logically perpendicular to what we consider normal play. It irks me so much, and I know I'm the only one.

I'll assume you mean "
not
the only one", but look at meran now: he's contributing! Our pestering worked and now I'm more or less cool with him.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

Just verifying, the tracker claim means nothing to you, Thad?

What's your read on izak, btw?
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:18 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Admiral > Personally, I consider neutral as meaning "not a threat to any party".. a party hostile to all groups is simply an enemy to all.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 am

Post by killerjester »

ZeL1nK wrote:Just verifying, the tracker claim means nothing to you, Thad?

Actually yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Junpei still has a tracker claim pinned clearly on his pristine, tracker shirt. Why is Admiral voting for him again?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Large wall catch-up incoming – if you want to bitch about it tough luck. Reading isn’t hard.

--

@Mod – is Pine still in this game?

--

Zinger, in my mind, is an acceptable lynch at deadline if we can’t agree on Mafia candidate. Claimed Third Parties don’t benefit Town – see AGM’s Choose Your Side Large Theme game for what happens when Town gave 3rd Party Parama a free pass.

Zinger’s specific claimed Third Party is either very Anti-Town (via permanently blocking a Town Power-role) or potentially a big threat to the scum team.

Meransil on the other hand is a VI who has adopted the “Hey, if I go out of my way to look scummy people will see I’m Town” style of play and is doing a bad, bad job of it. I’d rather that Meran get vigged if it comes down to either Meran or Zinger at deadline.

--

All the Hydra-head talk is bad. Whether Hydras sign posts or not is irrelevant unless you are a huge believer in following Meta. I’m not. What I am is a strong believer that Hydra Dissonance (regardless of head claiming or not) is a strong scum tell. Examples of that popping up will draw my votes like lightning. Such as this

Silver wrote:Other head did that, I didn't see the Vifam wagon at all.

so... ask him?

I went back. Your slot did vote for Vifam.

VOTE: DavidX
VOTE: Silverdrummer

--

Silver wrote:Magna gives an ultimatum... that doesn't seem to good.

Elaborate. What is bad about forcing a player to answer in thread questions that are VERY pertanent to getting a read via threatening to vote them? Also I like how you carefully made sure not to say for certain it was scummy but intimated it. Good work with the soft accusation. And by good work I mean scummy.

Isn't this effectively what you are doing with your "Vote Pine" push ... attempting to get contributions to the thread from him?

Silver wrote:I'm NOT digging magna's vote on vifom for replacing... it's always a null tell ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.

No, it isn’t. All replace-outs are not the same. Go look at Sloth in Umbrage’s “Jungle Republic” and theplague42 in LMP’s “KGB Mafia” for examples. I can elaborate further but this looks like some “Hey, Junpei claimed Town PR” grandstanding to me.

Your lurker hunting in
is noted.

Silver wrote:Why are you picking Cherve when Pine is doing the same exact thing? Why don't you get bad vibes from him?

And the question applies equally to you. If Chevre was doing the same things as Pine why didn’t she make your Top 4 scum list?

--

Andrew wrote:chkballing classic scum, posting huge wall of reads.

Oh, so posting large amounts of reads and digestible information is a scum tell? Please elaborate on why.

Also is Oversoul scum too for doing the same thing?

--

Volkann wrote:267: @MOI: I'm confused here.The post Killer quoted had Leon agreeing with the VIfam wagon but not moving because it was too large (in fact, Killer himself made the vibes claim in favour of Vifam in 177)

I’m saying that Leonshade isn’t distancing from the wagon. He, in my mind, was fence-sitting. I disagree with Killer’s statement that Leonshade was distancing.

Distancing from the wagon is exactly what Pvt Slate (speaking of which … where did he go?) did … he called Junpei’s slot Town with no reasons why.

That clear things up?

--

Chevre wrote:Rereading this, it doesn't make sense from an individual standpoint. A wagon must consist of multiple players in this game, so the point couldn't have totally collectively been to gauge the reaction of other players, unless you're all some sort of hive mind.

Oh really? So you are saying I can’t make reads on reactions to a particular wagon as an individual based on who hopped on and who didn’t and why they didn’t?

--

Zinger wrote:Chevre's wall post strikes me as the kind of wall post a lurker scum would make after her scumbuddies prodded her and said "hey, you're lurking too much!"

I want to know why you are assuming scum have Daytalk to do such a “Prod”. Because the rules don’t state anything at all about Daytalk. Especially since Chevre was indeed Mod prodded.

--

Pinky wrote:I don't think it's paticularly of note when two heads of a hydra disagree with each other. I wouldn't expect masons to always agree 100% on everything and it's the same with a hydra: diddin and I don't agree on everything.

If you guys disagree behind the scenes that’s understandable. But make no mistake … you aren’t Masons. You are a single slot. Posting contradictory reads is scummy as all get out.

I very much like the Izak case you presented at
. It is vote-worthy for the glaring Cognitive Dissonance. I might move there from Silver after some further review.

--

Pappums wrote:Zinger townslipped. He's town.

Umm … no.

Pappums earns a Scum-read with this post alone due to [REDACTED]. The relative lack of engagement to the game and overall weak attempts at scum-hunting certainly augment this.

--

Vezok wrote:On the other hand MoI come back here and solve this clusterfuck.

Why are you buddying to me so blantantly Vezok. You must know I despise that.

--

Oversoul wrote:3) MagnaofIllusion - 104 is good defense. I see MoI vs Rodion and Pappums as TvTvT. 144 seems really town. I like MoI's playstyle. Most town in my book.

Zang-tell detected. Will review Oversoul for more detail.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:07 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Was that meant to be an unvote on me? Just noticed the double-vote and thought I'd point it out.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 am

David Xanatos wrote:Was that meant to be an unvote on me? Just noticed the double-vote and thought I'd point it out.

Yeah it was ..

Stupid Tags

UNVOTE: DavidX
VOTE: Silverdrummer

in case it is necessary.

But your strong interest in just that element of my post means my scum-read on you stays solidly put.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:18 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Not just that element, in fact I've been trying to figure out exactly what a "Zang-Tell" is before I made myself look stupid..

So.. what is it?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 am

Post by David Xanatos »

In addition, I'm inclined to disagree slightly with your opinion that a Hydra posting conflicting scum-reads is inherently a scummy thing. As you say, disagreements could happen behind the scenes, but though they are one slot, they're surely better posting their own opinions too?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:33 am

David Xanatos wrote:In addition, I'm inclined to disagree slightly with your opinion that a Hydra posting conflicting scum-reads is inherently a scummy thing. As you say, disagreements could happen behind the scenes, but though they are one slot, they're surely better posting their own opinions too?

No, it's not. Because by posting conflicting reads in thread they are giving themselves an out for bad reads / results and to change their opinion about who is scum and who is Town whenever it suits them.

Go look at Macavitar in "Clash of Kings" Large Theme Mafia and Masterspy in "Return to Mordor" Mini Theme Mafia. Both hydras used that particular tactic to a tee in those games. And both were scum.

I'll elaborate on what the Zang-tell is if it becomes necessary. That was posted more for my needs than as something for people to run with.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ZeL1nK wrote:Just verifying, the tracker claim means nothing to you, Thad?

Not nothing, but not everything either. His is by far the scummiest slot.

I'll have to check on izak. Why him specifically?

David Xanatos wrote:Admiral > Personally, I consider neutral as meaning "not a threat to any party".. a party hostile to all groups is simply an enemy to all.

I'll just add this to the list of things we disagree on then...

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Large wall catch-up incoming – if you want to bitch about it tough luck. Reading isn’t hard.

Hard, no. Annoying, yes.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

I am a jailkeeper. Which means I also protect my targets, but I guess that's not something worth considering for you guys.

I've noticed the majority of players on this website are overconfident and arrogant and rude. I much prefer the other website I play on. The playerbase here sucks.

But alas, you do have a higher activity rate here. It's a shame really.

By the way, I've been lying to you all. I'm actually the town doctor.

Except I'm not, that was a lie. Or was it?

Your mom said hi.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Mod – is Pine still in this game?

Yes, he picked up his prod and replied saying he is still in.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

My responses in
red
ZeL1nK wrote:@Zinger,

What happens if someone investigates your alignment?
I would probably come up as Self, I guess.
What would someone get if they rolecopped you?
It would say I was a Jailkeeper.
Do you find out if the person with the 'item' you want dies? I don't know. Do you have any indication of whether that 'item' belongs to town/scum/other?
I am told it is either Town, Mafia, or another Self that possesses what I need to win.

ftr, I'm not entirely sure it's worth lynching Zinger today.

I'd rather someone like izak goes.

Lynching Zinger is almost too easy.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

EWOP: The "I don't know" above should also be red and bolded.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 am

jasonT1981 wrote:
Yes, he picked up his prod and replied saying he is still in.

Hmmm ... over 25 posts in many different games since he posted here.

And he's posted zero content yet affirmed that he is still in the game.

He needs Vigged / Copped / Some other solutioned N1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”