silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 am

Post by silverdrummer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Silver wrote:Other head did that, I didn't see the Vifam wagon at all.

so... ask him?

I went back. Your slot did vote for Vifam.

VOTE: DavidX
VOTE: Silverdrummer

--

Silver wrote:Magna gives an ultimatum... that doesn't seem to good.

Elaborate. What is bad about forcing a player to answer in thread questions that are VERY pertanent to getting a read via threatening to vote them? Also I like how you carefully made sure not to say for certain it was scummy but intimated it. Good work with the soft accusation. And by good work I mean scummy.

Isn't this effectively what you are doing with your "Vote Pine" push ... attempting to get contributions to the thread from him?

Silver wrote:I'm NOT digging magna's vote on vifom for replacing... it's always a null tell ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.

No, it isn’t. All replace-outs are not the same. Go look at Sloth in Umbrage’s “Jungle Republic” and theplague42 in LMP’s “KGB Mafia” for examples. I can elaborate further but this looks like some “Hey, Junpei claimed Town PR” grandstanding to me.

Your lurker hunting in
is noted.

Silver wrote:Why are you picking Cherve when Pine is doing the same exact thing? Why don't you get bad vibes from him?

And the question applies equally to you. If Chevre was doing the same things as Pine why didn’t she make your Top 4 scum list?

1. Yes my slot did vote vifam... I never denied that.. it was my other head that did that post... he clearly signed it...
2. Pretty sure your ultimatum was "If you don't answer all my questions since page 5 and I'm not going to point out which they were.. i'm pushing for your lynch super hard misterr". This just comes across as a lame excuse to push a lynch on a player who might be lazy and not feel like putting in so much extra effort you demand of him. I'm not asking for Pine to come back... I want him dead or replaced, and even if he were to post I wouldn't give a damn. I still want him dead.
3. REPLACE OUTS ARE A NULL TELL. Sometimes it could be OH SHIT I'M SCUM AND ABOUT TO LOSE, REPLACE ME. Sometimes it could be OH SHIT I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF STUFF IN REAL LIFE, REPLACE ME. Sometimes it could be I HATE THESE PLAYERS, REPLACE ME. There's no way for you to tell the motivation in any such act and thus it's a null tell and for you to suggest any other motivation from it is scummy in and of itself. Also lurker hunting? I said I was V/LA til friday or whichever day and you guys posted lots... so... obviously i gotta catch up.
4. I've stated this repeatidly now. I'm gonna follow your tactics.. Look back at my posts and you'll see why... if you don't see why when you next post i'm pushing your lynch!

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
Yes, he picked up his prod and replied saying he is still in.

He needs Vigged / Copped / Some other solutioned N1.

No he needs to be lynched D1
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:16 am

Post by silverdrummer »

Also parrot me more plz...
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Chevre »

Pine must be using Meransiel's "lurk 'til Day 2" strategy. It's the new "in" thing!

MagnaOfIllusion wrote:Oh really? So you are saying I can’t make reads on reactions to a particular wagon as an individual based on who hopped on and who didn’t and why they didn’t?

That's not what I'm saying at all. You seemed to be insinuating that the "point" of the vezok wagon was to gauge reactions as players hopped on the wagon. I'm saying that can't be the real "point," because it would require all of you to be working together to accomplish that goal.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 am

Post by killerjester »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hmmm ... over 25 posts in many different games since he posted here.

And he's posted zero content yet affirmed that he is still in the game.

He needs Vigged / Copped / Some other solutioned N1.

Like with Meran, lurkers are really out of the day-lynching's hands. I like how you don't take the attitude of "lynch all lurkers!" It really is too conflicting for the town to hunt them and I feel splitting our efforts takes pressure off of other scummy players needlessly. Yea I'm buddying you here, but I've said this earlier too. And honestly I think anyone with their votes on lurkers could just be using an excuse to not have their vote elsewhere.
izakthegoomba wrote:Well I'm not persuaded by that claim, and even if it's true, it's quite possibly a threat to the town.

VOTE: Zinger

Could you elaborate on this? Give me like a good, solid paragraph of your thoughts on Zinger's claim.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:44 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@MoI: I'm used to having either fate or reck in big games. When I don't I tend to buddy to the best player in the game. Right now it was between you and volkan and you are better at solving people.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Junpei »

ThAdmiral wrote:

Junpei wrote:3) Yes, it's a wifom tactic. Rather smart as it keeps possible SKs off of you and the town off of you. This creates a case where you are immune to night and day kills and no one gets suspicious. Also note how he doesn't specify a time when he'll win. He says that he could win soon or it could take a longer time, he even offers the possibility that he'll live to LYLO. Does that not seem odd to you?

Bullshit. Do you actually believe this?
No scum is going to claim that - there is 0% chance he is going to survive until lylo.

Are you kidding me? Who said anything about him living at LYLO? The fact that he brought up the possibility that he might live at LYLO is odd to me. I mean he basically says, I might never die, but I"m third party and you should stay away from me! My bets are that scum will take the cookie and hunt town PRs like myself down at night instead of going after someone that they know town will have to get rid of. All scum don't have to reach LYLO, some just have to be able to be free of town lynchings/shots d1/n1 and then they can use some important ability or something. That's why I don't like Meran too. Also saying 0% means that you'll lynch him up to what; 1 day before lylo? You want to use our last ML on a third party? We'll have so much information then that it would be ridiculous to do so. I say take him out while we still don't have reports and such.

The easy lynch can be the good lynch
The lurker lynch can be the good lynch

I am not a lynch all lurkers guy, but I'm also not a pass all lurkers guy. Accusing me of going for the easy/lurker lynch is ridiculous and just screams scum throwing their cliche one liners to get people off their buddy. But it could also be town with stubborn ideas.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Junpei, why would a third party claim keep potential SKs off you?

I'm not quite following that logic.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Junpei »

David Xanatos wrote:Junpei, why would a third party claim keep potential SKs off you?

I'm not quite following that logic.. :/

Would an SK go after a harmless third party who will either be lynched by town at some point or exit the game with a win? No, he goes after the people who might shoot him at night or might be good at lynching him.

Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

Silverdrummer vs. Pine looks like Silver is scum tunneling his buddy Pine for towncred, we think.

-diddin
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Leonshade »

vollkan wrote:
Leon wrote:
I considered his stalling scummy enough to raise the bar.

Do you have any meta evidence for you taking into account wagon size as being somehow proportionate to your suspicion? It's an unusual way to play

I think I've explained myself poorly: When I said that Vifam has enough votes, I thought that Vifam and Jilynne were roughly as scummy, and that since Vifam already had a lot of votes, I might as well stay on Jilynne instead. Then quite a bit changed and Vifam was scummy enough that I could vote for him. The "enough votes" thing was a metaphor that got stretched out of proportion somewhere along the way.

Also, your second point against me was a contradiction you said I made. I provided a response to said contradiction in this post, what are your thoughts on my response?

Oversoul wrote:
21) Junpei - Vifam jumps on Rodion wagon after MoI brings up an iffy point in 81. Rodion is a newby that I have played with before and his logic doesn't always make sense. In 87 and 88 Vifam is strange and seems to be going back to discussion that is already over trying to look down. Attached to MoI again. 99 he jumps off the Rodion wagon once Pappums points out that Rodion is very new to MS. He has retracted from every path he has taken so far.. I don't like his posting. 115.. wagon hopping again. I am getting serious scum vibes from Vifam at this point. Gives a list with a lot of null reads. I don't like Vifam's play at all. 159 imo killed him. As others have pointed out he is trying to put another person up for lynch by saying the other person did more sheeping than I did. Looks like AtE. He replaces out as he tries to breathe life into another game. Ya.. as MoI pointed out, he promised a defense, and then gives us no reason why he is leaving this game.
I like Junpei's posting, but the only read I sort of agree on is Leonshade.
23) Leonshade - seems town from his posting, but he hasn't posted much.

The bolded parts are interesting, since Junpei has claimed to be suspicious of me, while you say I seem town. How can you agree on a read that you disagree with?

Zinger situation:
Now that Zinger has claimed an anti-town third party role, I'm comfortable with him being the lynch for the day.

@izakthegoomba:
Pinky made a case against you in this post, what are your thoughts on it?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Junpei > Granted, I see the reasoning now. Thanks for clarifying. :)
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zinger wrote:I've noticed the majority of players on this website are overconfident and arrogant and rude. I much prefer the other website I play on. The playerbase here sucks.

Ah, yes. The playerbase here sucks because you’ve played a pretty terrible game. Do you like it there because people don’t tell you the truth about your play?

Zinger wrote:By the way, I've been lying to you all. I'm actually the town doctor.

Except I'm not, that was a lie. Or was it?

Your mom said hi.

Ok, so you are asking Town not to lynch you because you can be an asset (Jailkeeper) yet you then go all “Trolllolllolllolo” with this crap?

Like I said … if we don’t find a better candidate you can hang. Chalk it up to another learning experience of how NOT to play a role (much like Superhero Mafia was with the Vig).

--

Silver wrote:1. Yes my slot did vote vifam... I never denied that.. it was my other head that did that post... he clearly signed it...

So you agree then that your slot is showing Hydra Dissonance? Thanks!

Silver wrote:2. Pretty sure your ultimatum was "If you don't answer all my questions since page 5 and I'm not going to point out which they were.. i'm pushing for your lynch super hard misterr". This just comes across as a lame excuse to push a lynch on a player who might be lazy and not feel like putting in so much extra effort you demand of him. I'm not asking for Pine to come back... I want him dead or replaced, and even if he were to post I wouldn't give a damn. I still want him dead.

You need to look again because my Ultimatum was “Answer my questions at Post 170”. That’s hardly “since page 5”.

Silver wrote:3. REPLACE OUTS ARE A NULL TELL.

I’ve deleted the rest of your All Caps since they are pointless. Your belief in what is and what isn’t a Null tell really doesn’t matter to me. You want to pointlessly debate Mafia theory? Go to MD and bring it up there.
Mafia is all about making subtle judgements based on many factors. Saying "ITS A NULL TELL" in each any every circumstance means you aren't doing it right.

Silver wrote:4. I've stated this repeatidly now. I'm gonna follow your tactics.. Look back at my posts and you'll see why... if you don't see why when you next post i'm pushing your lynch!

You’ve stated repeatedly why Chevre wasn’t scummy? Point me that way because I looked at your ISO and see nada on that front. I ISOed Silverdrummer and did a Control F search for Chevre. I all got was the post where you said “Why is Chevre scummy when Pine is just as bad?”

And I like that you throw in some comedy with your posts. Good work!

--

Chevre wrote:That's not what I'm saying at all. You seemed to be insinuating that the "point" of the vezok wagon was to gauge reactions as players hopped on the wagon. I'm saying that can't be the real "point," because it would require all of you to be working together to accomplish that goal.

I championed a RVS wagon on Vezok to see who would jump on and who would avoid and how they did it. You think that’s not the real point? Feel free to believe what you want on that end.

--

Pinky wrote:Silverdrummer vs. Pine looks like Silver is scum tunneling his buddy Pine for towncred, we think.

-diddin

Hmmm … while not having a flip of Pine to use as a basis I could see this. Much like [REDACTED] in [REDACTED]. Then again him pushing that strongly on someone with zero content screams "Inside Information" so badly I can't see what they MIGHT think to gain from it.

Question – is your vote on Silver Pinky? I forget and am too lazy to find a VC.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

It's on Zinger.

-d
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Oversoul »

Leon, I said "sort of agree on" and "seems". None of those imply a concrete agreement/read on you. Why are you trying to make it sound so?
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

I don't like you MagnaofIllusion. You are arrogant, irritating, rude, and an all around ass. This has nothing to do with how I am playing this game or any other. It has nothing to do with the fact that I may not stand much of a chance at winning in this game right now. It is simply your personality, and nothing else, that has brought me to this conclusion.

So you can go fuck yourself. And I mean that personally, not with regards to what is happening in this game.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Leonshade wrote:
Zinger situation:
Now that Zinger has claimed an anti-town third party role, I'm comfortable with him being the lynch for the day.
I did not claim an anti-town third party role. You are distorting the facts.

Refusal to acknowledge the facts means you are either an idiot or scum. Probably the later.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

Oversoul wrote:Leon, I said "sort of agree on" and "seems". None of those imply a concrete agreement/read on you. Why are you trying to make it sound so?

I'm not trying to make it sound like anything. What is the part you sort of agree on?

Zinger2099 wrote:
Leonshade wrote:
Zinger situation:
I did not claim an anti-town third party role. You are distorting the facts.

Refusal to acknowledge the facts means you are either an idiot or scum. Probably the later.

You're a jailkeeper that is not on the town's side, that sounds anti-town to me.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:54 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Zinger wrote:You are arrogant, irritating,
rude
, and an all around ass.

Zinger wrote:Refusal to acknowledge the facts means you are either
an idiot
or scum. Probably the later.

I’ve bolded the portions that I find rather comical in back to back posts.

You whine like my 7 year old daughter about how rude I am and immediately turn around and call someone an idiot.

This is the last direct post you get from me Capt. Trollpants. For the rest of the game I’ll simply ignore your trolling and vote you when appropriate. Your 3rd Party self can simply wait to be shot at Night or lynched.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Junpei »

LOL

Sorry had to get that out of my system.

Moderator please keep an eye our for Zlinger. He has a temper and is not an asset to town at all so we won't mind I promise.

Zlinger if you are what you say you are you're anti-town. I'm sorry that your silly gambit didn't work out for you but there's no reason to have all these emotional bursts inthread. Take it to PMs or counseling.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Of course, if you can't beat them join them, right? The meta on this site is to act like an arrogant rude prick, and you can't really get by unless you abide by that social code.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:I'm sorry that your silly gambit didn't work out for you but there's no reason to have all these emotional bursts in thread. Take it to PMs or counseling.
I'm only responding in kind to the way others have acted. If you don't like the heat, why did you turn on the oven?

I am using 'you' in a general sense.

Meh, it's of little consequence. I'm not taking this game seriously anyway. If you think I am upset because half the town is voting me, well... I'm not even really upset at all. I just think certain players here (a lot of them) are assholes and need a reality check. And I am entitled to my opinion.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:Of course, if you can't beat them join them, right? The meta on this site is to act like an arrogant rude prick, and you can't really get by unless you abide by that social code.

Actually Zinger I'm a very calm and nice person, I only responded in that way to your rudeness. Please reread the thread and I dare you to find one insult thrown at your direction before you called this site pathetic. There are many players here who can be assholes but the great majority of us are calm intellectuals who don't AtE like you are doing right now.

Please take a break from mafia and come back tomorrow. If you feel like you still can't participate in an acceptable manner then request a replacement.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Junpei »

Mk.

Moderator I request a replacement of Zlinger2099 for continual bashing of players and mafiascum in general, he also expresses no care for the game itself. He is harming the game in a way that isn't even anti-town so much as anti-fun.

easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 am

Post by easjo682 »

I'm here, just need to do a catch up over the next 12 hours.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

Junpei wrote:
Leonshade

ISO 3 He decides to pick out Rodion and tell him that a fullclaim would be a bad idea especially this early. This is something that many others have already said and there were more credible things to discuss.

ISO 3 His logic here is bad because the two statements are not contradictory. Either way he seems to be focusing on something trivial as Rodion is new to this site and this is probably a misunderstanding. As far as the fullclaim goes, I would say that given that the implication was that there was a speed lynch there is probably some lost-in-translation understanding between you two. Either way this post lacks logic or reason.

ISO 5 So he says he finds Vifam scummy (BW tactic, he doesn't vote her so he's distancing himself from a lynch that ends in a d1 town death possibly). Also he keeps his vote on Jyl. Over a day has passed and this is all he has to say.

The last two posts are dumb.

I think that he hasn't posted nearly enough content and has made very little if any attempts at scumhunting or following up on his attempts. He isn't being productive and while he does chime in every now and again it is mostly fluff and it is always not as productive as it could be.

I cut out the bits that I didn't agree on, but this was the post I was thinking when I said "I sort of agree with Junpei that Leon is acting scummy".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”