Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:I don't even care, fine I"ll get off my high horse, now will you post content and explain why you think it was a good idea for you to claim what you did?
I thought that if the mafia team believed I wasn't a threat to them I could fly under their radar while I either roleblock them (if I had a good idea of who they might be) or protect town players (if I didn't have a clue who might be scum).

I'm just a standard town Jailkeeper. It was all a fakeclaim. You can lynch me for lying now.

To self: "Oh shit it didn't work! Fuck!"

To all: "I'm a frustrated townie, I hate you all /insult"

To self: "Not working..?"

To all: "I'm town JK! Hahaha that was wifom!"
So.... you were lying when you said you would get off your high horse? Gotcha. I'll take note of the fact that now you're not only an arrogant prick, but also a liar.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by killerjester »

Well, Zinger lied. We can either take him for he's word that he's town (lawl) or we can hang him. Pretty easy choice in my opinion. And then if he is town, we'll leave a note by his deathbed saying, "Don't lie next time, it fucking hurts the town. It's been this way, it will always be this way. Don't mess with years of theory thinking you can waltz in and do 1-better." The rules are Town Never Lies for a reason. The reason is you.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

I have not really liked silverdrummer's defense of himself in his back-and-forth with MoI, but this next sentence really pushed me over the edge to a scumread on him:

silverdrummer wrote:3. You are either an arrogant idiot or you know exactly why he requested replacement which you wouldn't know unless you have inside knowledge.
Everyone please note this as evidence of bussing or cheating or more than likely arrogance

That is a huuuuuge stretch, and accusing MoI of cheating is quite a nasty thing to do without any sort of evidence. I thought the replace out was suspect as well. He claimed he was going to post later and then left the game without any kind of acknowledgement of this in the game thread. And I dont like silverdrummer's hardcore tunnelling on Pine either, it looks like bussing to me (though by himself Pine doesnt look scummy to me, just a serious lurker).
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

Zinger, supposing you are a town Jailkeeper, why did you think it was a good idea to play the way you have so far?
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by chkballin »

Policy lynches are the brainchild of scum for easy mislynches or frustrated/arrogant town who can't "tame" a player. I have lied as town, when I believe I am smarter and more in tune than the other people I am playing with- it's worked and it's failed. NOW isn't the time to argue game theory... Why Zinger felt the need to do so bothers me because I am not totally convinced by his reasoning.

~
BALLIN
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i think zinger noted that many of us had said that with his claim, the chances of him winning are close to zero.
therefore, he claimed town JK.
dont think we should lynch him.
unvote vote chkballing

did you see hes last post?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Junpei »

Lynch all Liars is a bad thing to think. However it is the nature of this lie that makes me really want to lynch him. Zinger hasn't responded in an appropriate way half the time anyways. AtE is all he knows, I hope that this site will eventually show him the ropes to being a competitive mafia player. Anyways, I don't think I want to end the day yet, but get the votes up a little short of L-1 so we don't risk some guy who just reread but missed votals coming in and hammering.

@chkballin 100% agree.

andrew I can never understand what you're writing...
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^oh yea for my previous post, i posted it but chkballing's post ninja'ed me. its hes post before that thats scummy
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

opps forgot to switch... but yeah

I highly doubt he's a third party RB you also ignore that hey he picks someone else... and hey it ends up being mafia... or a killing role.. and stops that kill who hey may have been targetting you.

Talking about the ethics of hydras has been done, it overall is up to the mod... follow the mods rule number 0. I am thy mod, whatever I state is law. and stop crying about it.

I don't care if I LOOK town... the point of me is to try to out scum... that's it. Zinger runs across me more as a frustrated misguided VI but to each their own.

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:
silverdrummer wrote:3. You are either an arrogant idiot or you know exactly why he requested replacement which you wouldn't know unless you have inside knowledge.
Everyone please note this as evidence of bussing or cheating or more than likely arrogance

That is a huuuuuge stretch, and accusing MoI of cheating is quite a nasty thing to do without any sort of evidence. I thought the replace out was suspect as well. He claimed he was going to post later and then left the game without any kind of acknowledgement of this in the game thread. And I dont like silverdrummer's hardcore tunnelling on Pine either, it looks like bussing to me (though by himself Pine doesnt look scummy to me, just a serious lurker).

Please note the other two options of either bussing or more than likely arrogance. Unless you know the player in REAL LIFE you DO NOT know the MOTIVATION for having to REPLACE a GAME. It could be game related or it could be life related. To assume one makes an ass of yourself. Again it's a null read.

Pine = contributed nothing though has promised to catch up twice and is around posting but not in this game. But no that's not suspicious... wait did you call meran suspicious at any point? *checks quickly* no you did not. Do lurkers = town for you then...?
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Junpei »

No andrew I don't understand your post at all. What do you mean did we see his last post? Also the first two lines aren't legible, I really don't want to insult your intelligence so I'll just say is there any other way you can write it to make it easier to understand?

Don't do this because I don't know if it's allowed or not but... Does anyone know if it's okay for someone to post in their native language and let other players use google translate to figure out what they're saying? I think it might make communication easier for some players and google translate is something that we all have.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Not a lot of time now but I just want to say

More SilverDrummer votes please!!!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Not a lot of time now but I just want to say

More Pine votes please!!!

FTFY
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

silverdrummer wrote:....
3. You are either an arrogant idiot or you know exactly why he requested replacement which you wouldn't know unless you have inside knowledge.

OK, I came home and am quite drunk, but want to address this as this is a serious issue. Unless there is sufficient evedience to suggest anyone is cheating this should not be brought up in thread. If you feel there is cheating going on I would ask you to PM me in private with whatever proof you have of cheating ASAP and I will take it from there. If not, I feel it very unsporting to make accusations of cheating in game if there is no evedience to back it up.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Pvt Slate was prodded, picked up PM but has not posted. as it has been over 48 hours since the Prod was sent, a replacement shall be looked for tomorrow morning. Unless he posts in thread before hand or informs me he intends to stay.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by andrew94 »

@junpei
i meant chkballin's post ---> which is this--->
chkballin wrote:Just some quick thoughts :
The recent claim has had a substantial effect on this hydra. The only thing we can agree on is that our Day 1 scumhunting/lynching efforts would be best placed elsewhere, although the severity of the Zinger problem is debatable. Our general thoughts are that the self-aligned jailkeeper claim is most likely true, however his win condition and/or subsequent details of fulfillment or lack thereof may have been slightly altered. Simply put: We think he is who he claims, but we don't trust him to be honest about what happens if he doesn't win since it seems a tad bit boring( but not impossible) that he would remain in the game if his target dies.

~
BALLIN

is scummy
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Junpei »

Okay yes I see that.

1) Why is it scummy

2) Why don't you want to lynch zinger

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by andrew94 »

1) he basically said what i said before and many others have said. then he sits on the fence
2) cos zinger change claim to town pr
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I disagree with you Andrew. Chkballin, though a little abrasive, has been actively scumhunting and posting observations, I don't see him as fence sitting much personally, or sheeping, for that matter.

In addition, I have no idea where your opinion on Zinger is going, because he's claimed self aligned JK with a perma-roleblock element, then Doc, then back to the JK again, and now Town JK? That just screams "Dodgy as all hell" to me. He's either a third party, roleblocking random people and possibly someone for good (Do we want to take the risk that it'll be a Town Cop or Doc that's perma-blocked? The odds aren't in our favour I feel.. assuming it's a true claim.), a rather poor Town, who'll only cause confusion and strife, or a Scum trying a gambit. I personally feel that the way he's acting warrants a lynch.

VOTE: Zinger
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:I hope that this site will eventually show him the ropes to being a competitive mafia player.
You only learn by making mistakes pal.

I use these forums to do all the stupid things I would never consider doing on the other forums where I play mafia so that I can see first hand why doing that is a bad idea without screwing with my rep on the site that I take the game seriously.

Also, something about the format or layout of these boards makes it so that I can't look at it for an extended period of time without feeling dizzy, so I couldn't really play seriously here if I wanted to. All I can ever do is skim reads.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by killerjester »

Generally you need to know all the rules before you start breaking them, at least that's my experience in the fine arts.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Junpei »

Alright, Zlinger is a troll. He's blacklisted and hopefully everyone else will do the same if his wincon as revealed at the end of the game isn't something that implies this behavior is acceptable. Regardless I'm ignoring him from here on out, I refuse to comment on what he says.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Off to bed. See you all in the morning.

Mod: Can we have a votecount please?
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

vote count coming soon. Either myself or Zach shall do it.. I am trying to make the room stop spinning right now!
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

I think the major problem in this game right now is that people are not taking my advice from #430

izak is stil scum and people are ignoring this because zinger is derping all over the place.

thad wrote:I'll have to check on izak. Why him specifically?

Because I think he's scum and you haven't really mentioned him.

plj wrote:We believe Zinger should be the lynch for today for several reasons.

1. He has claimed third party, which is clearly anti-town and therefore he has no reason to help town.
2. His claimed ability of jailkeeping is bad for town. He is anti-town, and therefore his JK's will not be with the intention of helping the town. Our PRs may get blocked, and he has no reason to try to avoid blocking them because his only intention will be to fulfill his wincon.
3. His roleclaim does not make sense. He claims that the person he JK's that is his target will be roleblocked for the rest of the game, when he is supposedly a jailkeeper. Also, as has been mentioned, the chances of him completing his wincon are very slim if he is what he says he is.

1 and 2 aren't necessarily true. He does have a reason to help town (to avoid getting lynched or vigged) and his claimed ability isn't necessarily bad for town, if he's directed. Of course, it's impossible to tell (short of tracking him) whether he'd doing what we tell him to do, so it's not necessarily a good idea to keep him alive, but like... if I am mysteriously roleblocked tonight, I'm sure as hell going to be pushing for his lynch tomorrow, regardless of whether it was actually him that roleblocked me. It's actually in his best interests to work with town, because it doesn't really hinder his claimed win-con, and it means he's more likely to be kept alive.

Of course, that's assuming he's telling the truth about his role. Which I don't think he is. He's not scum, that much I'm confident about. If he is third party, I don't consider him a threat. There's the possibility he's town and this was some gambit he thought was a really smart idea, and considering it's Zinger, this is something I think is a very real possibility.

In any case, he is not a good lynch today.

--

Oh, look...

Durrr, ignore everything, argue with Zinger, hope everyone stops talking about me.

--

Also re: MoI's view on the replacement issue, it's consistent with what I've seen MoI say before. He even linked games in which he used this tell as town, so like... Yeah.

I think Silver is town, just a bit overzealous.

On another note, I'm also fairly sure there's scum pushing this Zinger lynch. At least 2, probably 3 on the Zinger wagon right now. I'm not sure, need a votecount to see who's actually on the lynch.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by killerjester »

ZeL1nK wrote:1 and 2 aren't necessarily true. He does have a reason to help town (to avoid getting lynched or vigged) and his claimed ability isn't necessarily bad for town, if he's directed. Of course, it's impossible to tell (short of tracking him) whether he'd doing what we tell him to do, so it's not necessarily a good idea to keep him alive, but like... if I am mysteriously roleblocked tonight, I'm sure as hell going to be pushing for his lynch tomorrow, regardless of whether it was actually him that roleblocked me. It's actually in his best interests to work with town, because it doesn't really hinder his claimed win-con, and it means he's more likely to be kept alive.

Of course, that's assuming he's telling the truth about his role. Which I don't think he is. He's not scum, that much I'm confident about. If he is third party, I don't consider him a threat. There's the possibility he's town and this was some gambit he thought was a really smart idea, and considering it's Zinger, this is something I think is a very real possibility.

He did fakeclaim. Currently he claims town JK. That's why I switched from izak to him. Thoughts now that you know he lied about his role (gambit, if he is really town..I still don't believe him tbh)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”