New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

You're presupposing bad LYLO play...which maybe isn't a bad thing to presuppose, but c'mon.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Nobody Special »

What if I investigate you?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

who
green shirt thursdays
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Damn ninja!Thor.

I meant you, Reck.
....what?

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

Post by bvoigt »

DrippingGoofball wrote:That post came from town. Not up for discussion.

Well...could you at least try to explain it?

Auckmid wrote:Oops, yeah, sorry. I just read him claiming SK, and got overexited, so forgot to read the rest of the thread before posting comments. My bad :oops:

Why did you ignore my other question?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nobody Special wrote:Damn ninja!Thor.

I meant you, Reck.

Well then you'd have to come back and say innocent and clear me and thus set me up PERFECTLY to be nightkilled as your most vocal opponent, or you'd have to risk saying GUILTY and then me flipping town and you eating a lynch
green shirt thursdays
Taro
Taro
Townie
Taro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Taro »

xRECKONERx wrote:You do realize that with just ONE scum in 'confirmed town status', scum can win a game, right?

It gets to lylo, the "confirmed cop" is left alive (despite bussing all his scumbuddies), and it's lights out for us.

Bussing a goon or two is nothing compared to complete and total confirmed town status.

Just wait -- tomorrow's result from him will be just as messy/iffy.

it's a 22 player game with 2 dead scum, it's not like LyLo is going to happen anytime soon <_<
Did you do something to the princess?
I bet it's sexual harrassment, Adell's going to jail!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

you're missing the whole fucking point but thanks
green shirt thursdays
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Auckmid »

I think that NS could possibly be Scum, but the big problem is wheter we can afford to lose a Town Cop. I also think that if we mis-lynch today, then it's possible that LYLO will come sooner then we all suspect. If NS is realy Cop, then we started the game with 2 Cops. Also, because there was no deaths last night, it is possible that the town has several other PR's. If this was the case, to counter-balance, it is possible that there would be a large Mafia (maybe as much as 6), causing an early LYLO.

I think it is possible Jilly COULD be lieing when she claimed PGO, and is useing it as a coverup so that no one will investigate. I saw a game 1 time when a Goon claimed that role, and because everyone was too scared to investigate, the Mafia won.

Thor, please clarify when you say "Give your reads".
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Auckmid...can't tell if trolling.

Reads - on other players. You theoretically have some wherein you have decided certain players are more likely town/scum/incontinent - I wish you to "share" these reads, and by share (or "give") what I mean is I want you to type them up and then post them to this message thread of the mafiascum website, so that other players in this game can see what reads you (the player known as uckmid) think of other players in this game and what their possible alignment (town/scum/unicorn/whatever) is in your (Auckmid's) opinion.

Hope that helps.

Now please give some reads.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Auckmid reads like newbtown to me, but it's really hard to differentiate between newbscum and newbtown.
green shirt thursdays
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I grunt in agreement to that.

*grunt*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Nobody Special wrote:(Yes, there's a third option, but that will be left as an exercise for the Reader.)

Mega town read.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

bvoigt wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:That post came from town. Not up for discussion.

Well...could you at least try to explain it?

He's willing to keep a claimed SK alive.

No scum in their right mind would pass on this; scum has a small team, and a stray SK shot might be crippling.

That makes him town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 am

Post by Wraith »

It appears
PBuG
is currently without internet. Nevertheless, I really can't afford to wait for him much longer.
Jilynne
and
PBuG
would both be replaced...if I wasn't going on a road trip in 15 minutes. Tata for now.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mod: can you get a backup mod in here while you're gone on this "road trip"?
green shirt thursdays
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Celebloki »

Righto, been evaluating my stance on chkballin and I still think they are scum. Been reading through interactions between various players. As I said at the start of my case, big rivalry between Tomie (dead townie) and Glowball D1. Tomie led the charge and built a decent wagon on Glowball. Glowball tried to deflect the wagon onto PBuG which the chk part of chkballin took over once they switched back to their hydra. Eventually DK was modkilled and Tomie turned up dead D2. Also during D1 there was no interaction from Glowball to JDGA but JDGA jumped on the Glowball wagon and jumped off after liking that chk was contributing more after he joined, was his only reason for jumping off. Scum wanting to buss flailing scumbuddy, then liking new player in slot better? D2 Chkballin votes JDGA right off the bat claiming he has inside information. This is JDGA's defense.

JDGA wrote:Ok. First and foremost:
chkballin wrote:Hangover 2 reference and Bvoigt response aside, there's more to be said!

jilynne, you've basically outed yourself as a potential power role with this (potential facade) recent posting. I personally don't think that it matters very much if you come out with it or not since you've already placed the bull's eye on your back for any scum/SK to murder you before you can speak. We should really give serious thought to the fact that you're pretty shortly going to die. I'm not telling you to come out with it, I'm telling you that you've pretty well shown your hand and it would be anything short of silly for us, as a town, to not hear what you have to say now that you've brought all the attention to yourself.

THOR, YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS. ;P (Eighteen)

VOTE: JDGA

Feels like someone
knew
DK was town more than they're implying.

~
CHK

Erm... I thought that DK's 8ad play made him look townish, and I
generally
try to avoid voting for people that I think look townish.
...wait.
HOMESTUCK GET OUT OF MY MAFIA
My point still stands, however.
Also Reck, nice job ignoring Celebloki's #566.

Which as an interesting sidenote, JDGA brings my post to Reck's attention that started the palisade wagon. And shortly after...

chkballin wrote:JDGA's response makes my gut rest easily.

VOTE: Palisade

Of all the things I'm scum for, it's because I'm joking with Thor665? That's reaching and especially so after quite a few people have joked and been jest back and forth.
With this same mindset, SleepyKrew is scum too (for joking with Reck) right? Oh, no, he's not. Which should mean that I'm not either, right? Unless you're contradicting scum.

Then there's your vote on KoC which
totally looks sincere
and is about as valid as your vote for me.

Add the other things people have said and I'm convinced you're scum.

Then there's this new excuse you're giving us. "I'll finish this if I ignore you guys" sounds a lot like "I'm going to hopefully active-lurk myself out of this lynch." Do not like.

PEDIT: What's up NS? I didn't expect you to describe yourself as having almond hair...

Chkballin jumps on the Palisade wagon as well, accepting the lolscumbuddyJDGA defense. Also calls their lolscumbuddySleepykrew town.

chkballin wrote:Vig claim? My gut says no, but that makes more sense than Krypt investigating jilynne.

UNVOTE: Palisade
VOTE: Celebloki

I have my own non-sheep reasons for the vote, but you'll have to wait for my part of the case until I get a chance to post it.

Sheeps PBuG and Reck onto me after Palisade claims. Can't be seen lynching a vig since she know's he's at least town. When he finally gets around to showing the case it's all misrepresentation.

chkballin wrote:

65536 wrote:
Chkballin

chkballin wrote:Vig claim? My gut says no, but that makes more sense than Krypt investigating jilynne.

UNVOTE: Palisade
VOTE: Celebloki

I have my own non-sheep reasons for the vote, but you'll have to wait for my part of the case until I get a chance to post it.

I would like to hear this reasoning.

1] His very first post (a catch-up after replacing whomever) and vote on Jilynne is absolute garbage.
2] His Response to why jilscum > Swagscum is just as garbage and could easily be scum sheeping.
3] This post is fluffing to active-lurk to buy time, only to call out Thor later for something Thor didn't even do. Blatant misrep is blatant.
4] Swag vote is purely so people wouldn't call out his lame "I'm going to vote the lurker" fluff-nonsense-sheeping and bleeds scum-trying-to-look-town to me.
5] Hardcore flip-flops from PBuG to DeityKabuto with the same "Why isn't X lynched already?" for town-fluff-cred.
6] I could stack on some new reasons as well, if you'd like, since my vote shouldn't have left that wagon to begin with. I just wanted a legitimate chance to catch-up before I laid my vote somewhere toDay.

1] I didn't replace in, I was here from the start, maybe read the whole thread instead of just trying to discredit me. It wasn't garbage. She jumped on the PL of DK completely agreeing saying he shouldn't even be playing mafia, then she completely 180ed and unvoted and asked everyone to be understanding of him. Contradictions are scumtells.

2]I just reiterated that I didn't like jily's play. At that point all we had on swag was his bandwagonning, while jily was actively digging a hole for herself.

3] I didn't misrep him. In super hero revolution DK got PLed. Thor was pushing a PL of another player in that game. When DK was lynched Thor made a statement about how he called for a PL and it was so or something. I assumed he meant DK. He meant the other guy I apologized seeing my mistake. I didn't even call him out or say he was scummy for it. That's not a misrep it was a misquote. I wasn't claiming he meant anything buy it, I just was wrong about who he was implying in a game that had no weight on this game. I stated I did not want to join the DK PL because I had never played a game with DK. I then read some games of his (Super hero being one) that Thor happened to be in that DK happened to be getting PLed in. I was agreeing saying that I could see where the PL came from. Way to try and misrep me.

4] I had already shown my disdain for swag and I gave an ultimatum which I came through on. D2 I continued my efforts on PBuG. I'd hardly say I was sheeping. On this note I have a town read on PBuG now after reading interactions between now flipped scum and PBuG.

5] I made this case against him before I voted him, and then proceeded to watch him be even more retarded. I didn't flip with no reason.

6]This line says, "I could have gone through and misrepped more of Celebloki's posts but I decided not to"

Unfortunately I lost any good analysis from D3 when we lynched Sleepykrew since it went so fast. I'd claim it was convenient chkballin was AWOL the whole day but chkballin already goes days between posts and that day lasted only a few hours.

Today's post about Thor was just fluff and does nothing to clear him like DGB says.

I am going to vote
Vote: Chkballin
because of the aforementioned case involving Tomie from D1. I also see the interactions between chkballin and JDGA, sleepykrew to be very distancing. Throw votes on each other but remove them after shitty defenses.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Celebloki »

When chkballin flips scum Taro is next or vigbait. He's been defending chkballin in the few posts he has made when he not lurking.

Taro wrote:Glowball wagon is quite obviously scumdriven.
Too many bandwagon dissolution on day 1 for it to not be excessively suspect.
Swag is scum, Glowball is def town.

He also agrees with the weak argument from DGB that chkballin is town.

Taro wrote:
Celebloki wrote:I honestly don't see how that makes chkballin confirmed town. Having a one shot NKer around can be helpful to scum if it misses and at any point chkballin can push for Thor's lynch or kill him themselves. I don't see how them not being on his lynch wagon confirms them.

Because a wagon on a SK is not a wagon on scum and is therefore a good wagon for scum, especially since it's a wagon they can hop on without having to worry about looking bad on.
Then again, obv BS claim was obv BS.

I don't think NS is soooooooooooo obvscum as Reckoner seems to see it. Granted his claimed role is not our first cop claim, but eventually if he's scum he's either going to have to produce a fake result or confirm too many people (or claim roleblocked a few thousand times) all this to say, he's going to out himself as scum, especially if the RB effectively caught scum/if the doc can protect who NS claims to have innos on/if the JK can do either.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ok, just wanted to say sorry! Just so you guys know, I may still be checking up on MS once in a while, but I realized I should stop wasting my life, so I won't be playing any more games.

I do have one little question, I'd like to get an answer for.

Thor...what the he-- is wrong with you. Why would you claim SK????
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

are you kidding me
green shirt thursdays
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

Sorry, anyways, I'm going to start taking 2 online classes too and I'm going to a mathcamp starting next week.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Being 13, means that you don't have to deal with the responsibility of totally fucking up 10+ games for people who are lot more invested in a website AND COMMUNITY than you obviously are.

Fixed your sig for you.

/rant
....what?

Taro
Taro
Townie
Taro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Taro »

I did mention earlier that PBuG and Celebloki were scum right?
Just making sure it's still fresh for everyone.
Did you do something to the princess?
I bet it's sexual harrassment, Adell's going to jail!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Jilly - I claimed SK because I'm scum.

@Taro - if Celebloki is scum why isn't NS? Just trying to keep this fresh in my head.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Wraith »

I'll be on this tomorrow
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”