Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Iecerint »

OMG I just made the connection that the other half of Byelobog is a demon from SMT. It's that thing that was a boss in SMT:DDS:2 IIRC.

/off-topic
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 am

Post by LordChronos »

Vote: ooba
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ooba is confirmed town. MoI, flipped town, jailkept him N6, and a kill occurred that night.

The only players who are not confirmed are you and me.

Unless you have an alternate theory, etc.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:39 am

Post by LordChronos »

Good point, forgot that.

Vote: Iecerint
I'm a talking computer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Iecerint »

lol

Vote: LordChronos

I can switch to NL if Ooba and AGM want. It takes 3/4 to lynch, anyway.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

My big 3 D1 suspects were Dekes, LC, and AV. Though the LC was just sheeping CHESSKID.

I feel happy.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:08 am

Post by ooba »

I'm here. I'll be able to post later in the night. AGM, don't vote for now.

Mod - vote count please
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Charon »

The Official Vote Count

Iecerint [1]
- LordChronos
LordChronos [1]
- Iecerint

Not Voting [2]
- ooba, AlmasterGM

With 4 votes in play it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, August 3rd, at 10:00am PST.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Iecerint »

No shenanigans so far.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by ooba »

Doesn't mean you can't post AGM ..
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm bad at lylo/mylo. I have always ignored my intuition in favor of logic in lylo and lynched the scummier player overall. This has never gotten me anywhere. My record is like 0 for 3 or something else horrible. I'm sheeping you.

That said - Logic this time says we lynch LC, since Iecerint bagged us scum and has been generally protown, whereas LC has been anything but. I've been a fan of LC for a long time, and I don't know why the wagon him derailed at all when it was up and running a few days ago. However, my intuition says we lynch Iecerint. Faking a guilty in an all-PR setup is actually an extremely strong scum play because your fakeclaim cannot be counterclaimed in the usual sense of the word. You can then enjoy being cleared for the remainder of the game. Moreover, Iecerint's powers don't make much sense. This random generation thing is strange and useless, and having only a one-shot cop as a super is weak compared to other powers. Moreover, the fact that Iecerint happened to hit a guilty with his investigation is statistically unlikely.

In other words, I'm going to be relatively unhelpful. You can take either all the blame or the credit.

P.S. If I were you, I would spend 1-2 hours reviewing the claim table and literally balance this setup from a moderator perspective (e.g., analyze which role makes more sense in the setup - LC's or Iecerint's).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Another reason I suck at lylo - I tend to vote for the person I would be more annoyed losing to. In this case, that would be LC (since I wouldn't mind a loss to Iecerint) ... but once again, this has never done me any good (and might be a reason to vote for Iecerint, actually).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Iecerint »

AGM wrote:Moreover, Iecerint's powers don't make much sense. This random generation thing is strange and useless, and having only a one-shot cop as a super is weak compared to other powers.

You can be relatively sure that my Normal, at least, is my Normal, because Gandalf redirected me to you N1. So at least something happened such that I was aware of having been redirected to you, etc. Also, I can't really prove this, but I had never even heard of about 50% of the gods Andy came up with.

You're also aware (100% this time!) that I did use my Super in some fashion D2. ShadowDancer claimed some kind of an ability that recognized my having used it. Not sure he ever clarified details of this (i.e. whether he knew who I targeted and stuff), but there's that. So if I did fake using my Super to investigate AV, I also used whatever my actual Super was, etc.

Also, given that my normal is relatively useless, you might expect that I would have performed the kill N1 rather than investigate as such. This presumes that the kill replaced the normal, which may or may not apply. Might apply regardless of that, though, since the other scum were all under some scrutiny (LC from CHESSKID, who had lots of town cred at the time; Dekes and AV from various people). There was a little bit of typical D1 anti-Iec rumbling, but it was relatively minor this game IIRC.

Also, we know that the last scum Embalms people. A legitimate investigative ability might not jive with such a role. YMMV but I mean.
AGM wrote:Moreover, the fact that Iecerint happened to hit a guilty with his investigation is statistically unlikely.

Go back and look at the really awful misrep AV did to me N1. THAT'S why I targeted him N1. Then I used my Super on him D2 because I thought scum had busdriven him with you. You could posit that we wanted to bus s/p hypo-awful distancing, but it starts to become a bigger and conspiracy.

EDIT: I'll get my relevant post for you.

I also would never bus legitimately bus unless I absolutely had to. I suppose I could make public the DW scum QT (finished game, unshared as of now) as recent meta evidence (short version: I tried to convince BB not to be Jesus-on-the-Cross if there was any way possible it could be avoided). You could posit that it was a teammate's idea, but I don't think mothrax would, either (I don't know Dekes's meta very well, though).

Side-note: Provided that scum don't have a roleblock (no evidence of that AFAICR), I think this game is won even if you lynch incorrectly. You can protect one another again and then lynch the other of us tomorrow. Though you should still try to get it right just in case, etc.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Iecerint »

Here's the relevant post that explains why I targeted AV N1.
Iecerint wrote:I just read AV in iso and saw that he had mutterings for/about me:
AV wrote:You've barely mentioned Quadz before Chess tells you to vote him. You only ISO him AFTER the vote? You're not putting out any solid reads and then you just sheep on someone else?

Yes.
AV wrote:WHAAAA. Don't like this voting behaviour. And no new vote?

Nope. Wasn't ready to make one yet at the time.
AV wrote:
Iec wrote:
That, and Iris is a Greek goddess, so she's town given that she's Iris.

FFMFMFMFMF. Haven't multiple people already said fakeclaims are likely? Jeez.

I was one of the players who led the discussion in that direction, so I was obviously aware of fakeclaims being likely.

In fact, this should've been clear to anyone who was reading the very post you just quoted from. Let's look at my entire quote, OK?
Iec's REAL quote wrote:@ LC -- It's the little details like mentioning the rainbow color that make me think it's real.

Now, like I said in that post, it could be that scum get little mini-PMs with their fakeclaims all nicely formatted. If that were the case, the rainbow detail would not impress me. Andy/Faraday/Deathnote mod meta might be relevant. I don't recall how scum fakeclaims worked in GM1, for example.

That, and Iris is a Greek goddess, so she's town given that she's Iris.

So I basically spend MOST OF THE POST (!!!) talking about fakeclaims, and then you selectively quote that last sentence and pretend that I'm ignoring the possibility of fakeclaims? LOLWUT?

Yeah. This isn't even PRETENDING not to be a misrep, especially given the little rumbles of anti-Iec rhetoric elsewhere.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: AV
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ohoh:
Iecerint wrote:Side-note: Provided that scum don't have a roleblock (no evidence of that AFAICR), I think this game is won even if you lynch incorrectly. You can protect one another again and then lynch the other of us tomorrow. Though you should still try to get it right just in case, etc.

Regarding this, you can be relatively certain that I don't have a roleblock because:

A) You were roleblocked by CHESSKID and told as much.
B) I was redirected to you N1, and you (presumably) received no such message.

So I would have to have either:

C) Had a roleblock in addition to an investigative ability and kill and w/e, but choose to use the gimped investi-ability (and then have you claim on that basis, which would be superfluous IMO).
D) Acquired said roleblock later than that PR
E) Had a hypo-roleblock that worked silently

Relevance being that town cannot lose lynching LC first given that I can't roleblock you or whatever. Though I mean I doubt it'll matter either way.

I guess you could posit strongman roles, but then I'd again probably have been chosen for the shot N1, when you know I didn't shoot anyone, unless it was limited-shot or something.

Consider also that you have no investigative role whatsoever outside of Gemini's other one-shot without mine. Still weak, but that's probably why there're all the blocks and things instead.

OK, this is getting really niche, so enough from me until I get content back.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 am

Post by ooba »

Honestly, for me it's a question between AGM and LC.
The last scum isn't Iecerint. I've already confirmed that OP wording means we cannot have a traitor so it was town Iece on AV day one.
LC was my top choice for egyptian before the Nacho-chess lynches ..

I just want to read the game once to confirm it's not AGM (JK + roleblocker + redirector + doctor gives me pause) .. Also need to go through the scum roles in LOTR again to see if there were scum who couldn't be RB'd ..
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

Was the fact that AGM would be roleblocked N3 public knowledge prior to its happening?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Iecerint »

Embalmer strongman doesn't make much sense to me...

I wish I had Cop results on AV or Dekes...the one point against AGM is that LJC stands out a little if my ability isn't just paranoid.

One towntell on AGM's side IMO is the shift in the story about my protection status.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:Was the fact that AGM would be roleblocked N3 public knowledge prior to its happening?

No.
Lurtz was a strongman in the last game but AGM was the first to claim a trollblock by chess. He wouldn't have been roleblocked or got that message if he was a strongman. So AGM has to be town.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:I think townNacho probably would've said that he wouldn't cooperate D4...I have words for him post-game if he's telling the truth. <_<

what did you mean when you said you'd have words for him post game?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

Lingering possibility of an odd-man strongman or whatever? A priori unlikely without an even-night X, though.

I think LC as the last one is pretty solid, though. If you're considering it AGM/LC, I think the circumstantial evidence for AGMtown is relatively significant as lylo goes.

P-edit: I meant that they would be mean words that would go WTF WTF WTF.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

To elaborate further: because as "town" (or he at least he said he considered himself town), he implied he'd go along with a plan, and then didn't do so. It's tantamount to lying as town. It made town waste a lynch on him unnecessarily.

He should've said like "Yo guys, I'm not going to kill the last scum before SD is dead...I'll lose. So, uh. Please edit the plan accordingly." This would show that he was transparent and OK with avoiding putting town into "god since he didn't cooperate now we're down to the wire and lynching him is riskier is that what he's banking on...?" territory. I probably would've read him as town because it would've shown both serious thought regarding his claimed wincon (which was a major reservation of mine, because it was basically just Town Wincon Hardmode) and improved outcomes for town via said transparency.

You can argue that the "Seduce" result would've led us down that road, anyway, but idk.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 am

Post by ooba »

Yeah. Went through the game - I've made up my mind.
AGM vote LC so that I can hammer.

The worst point I could find about AGM was his shift from 813 to 823 to 1410. (Scum wouldn't have wanted to lose two people in a single day). However, both the timing of his super and the N3 block-but-kill-occured are points in his favor. And his scumhunting has been more genuine than LC's throughout the game.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

"The one point" should read "one point." There was also those MoI protects.

Meh. LC's the way to go.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I agree with the LC lynch.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”