Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

Post by pappums rat »

Unvote
Vote Psyche

Thats L-1 folks.

VP Baltar wrote:
Pappums wrote:Budja's reasons for voting people do not seem to have sincerity behind them (as in, they seem like made-up reasons to me).
I am just not seeing the scum-motivation behind his posts like I was before, he just looks more like a lost townie to me now.

So you see Budja as a townie, but
pappums wrote:Also, his vote on Budja seems to me kind of like a weak bussing attempt.

His vote looks like a bussing attempt? Wouldn't that make Budja scum? I'm unclear on your stance here.

That was in response to charter's questions to me, he had asked me a question about Budja and one about hiplop, and the first sentence was about Budja and the second about hiplop. I had meant the vote from Psyche on Budja looked like bussing. Sorry for the confusion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. Like I said...off-key.
You can't step in the same river twice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 am

Post by charter »

Budja wrote:I don't see that I'm been too horribly inconsistant.
The only thing Beck has got there is that he didn't hammer me.

I was amused by Psyche's view of me. A compliment, really!?
Still Psyche looks like he is reading as he posts which explains a lot of the oddness.
Still Town.

Ok, I hate to do this, but I'm heavily thinking Psyche isn't scum.

Budja's reads are just coming out of thin air. He's trying to get some town cred after a lynch.

To be honest, at this point I'm leaning towards a Pappums lynch. I've had this inkling in the back of my head for a while now, but I feel as if I should post it before anyone gets lynched. Hear me out here. (next post)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 am

Post by charter »

Here is a summary of all of Pappums's votes:

21- Third vote on Panacea. His reason was "wagon ho!", I don't have any issue with this vote.

187- Switches to Hiplop. His reasoning is Hiplop's bad vote on me. The vote has a good home, but it is the third vote on Hiplop, after Beck and myself. Pappums is jumping on board in the middle when it's safe to do so since others support the vote. Around this point he ceases questioning anybody but Hiplop.

374- Switches to Budja. His reasoning is "I havent liked Budja in this game, everything about him has seemed contrived and forced, and I dont see the hiplop wagon in quite the same light as I did before". This is what initially bothered me, it gave me a feeling of Pappums always wants to be on a bustling wagon. If you read his posts surrounding his Hiplop vote, most of them are questioning Hiplop, which (in my opinion) Hiplop could not have satiated Pappums's concerns. They didn't up until his Budja vote, and then all of a sudden, they magically have. The only real difference between the two is how the Hiplop wagon evaporated and the Beckwagon and Budjawagon sprung up. Once again, Pappums finds himself in the middle of the wagon.

425- Switches to Psyche. Doesn't give any reasoning. Once again, finds himself in the middle of the wagon.

I feel as if his Hiplop, Budja, and Psyche votes have all been 'safety' votes. He's been on every wagon but the Beckwagon (but that occurred the same time as the Budjawagon). I also feel as if his reason for voting these people has been because they've been safety votes. What tips me off to this is his reason for no longer suspecting Hiplop and his reason for voting Budja. I assume his reason for voting Psyche is what everyone else has already said, but once again, no real original reason and on a comfortable target. All of Pappums's questioning of the people he votes comes after he's voted them.

I have other reasons for suspecting Pappums is possibly scum, but they basically boil down to gut. I never mentioned this before because until he voted Budja, there wasn't much that was concrete, but since he switched to Budja, my suspicion has grown, and now with his Psyche vote, it's exploded. To be honest, the only people that make much sense as his buddy are Phoebus, Beck, and Juls. Out of them, Phoebus is the obvious pick.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

Post by hiplop »

aren't i obvscum to you tho charter?
third best scummer of all time
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am

Post by charter »

You're obvuseless. I said that a while back.

I'm going to stick with Budja, I just wanted to make my Pappums thoughts public before any lynch happened.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why stick with Budja in this case? Honestly, I'm torn on Budja and your pappums case seems pretty decent. You feel Budja's laziness outweighs the pappums case you made?

@pappums - ok, I get the misunderstanding now...but why switch from Budja? You're pretty convinced they are both scum at this point?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

14th Vote Count of Day 1:

Psyche - 4 (Phoebus, Beck, Juls, pappums rat)
Budja - 2 (VP Baltar, charter)
Beck - 1 (Budja)
Hiplop - 1 (Psyche)

Not voting (Hiplop)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day One will end no later than Monday July 25th at 6:30PM CST
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Psyche »

But why so willfully obvuseless? Why just coast around? People join these games to play (not observe), don't they?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 am

Post by pappums rat »

charter wrote:stuff

My switch to Budja was a result of hiplop finally answering my questions. I just did not see hiplop as scum anymore, based on his answers, and Budja had been someone I had problems with for quite awhile. I never voted him previously because I wanted hiplop to answer my questions and I wanted that pressure to remain on him. As for the hop to Psyche, I had already been a supporter of a Panacea lynch before. Hiplop made more sense for awhile, but then when the replacement came in with scumtastic posts like he did, I switched back to that slot. From my point of view, a Psyche or Budja lynch would be great, and it doesnt matter which one hangs. I think Psyche's vote on him was bussing, and I think the flip of either of them would say alot about the other.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Psyche »

Right. When I flip Town you'll automatically know budja is totally...what?

So even though I can completely explain my "scumtastic" posts in consistent townie terms, and no one has made any attempt to discount said explanation, I'm still a great lynch candidate for the day. Great. So I'll just sit here and wait for the noose? >:(
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Beck »

Psyche wrote:Right. When I flip Town you'll automatically know budja is totally...what?

So even though I can completely explain my "scumtastic" posts in consistent townie terms, and no one has made any attempt to discount said explanation, I'm still a great lynch candidate for the day. Great. So I'll just sit here and wait for the noose? >:(

my posts 415 and 418 explained why I didn't buy your "townie termed explanations"
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:40 am

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:Why stick with Budja in this case? Honestly, I'm torn on Budja and your pappums case seems pretty decent. You feel Budja's laziness outweighs the pappums case you made?

@pappums - ok, I get the misunderstanding now...but why switch from Budja? You're pretty convinced they are both scum at this point?

I guess I can change to Pappums, his reasoning for dropping Hiplop is very sketchy, I really don't see how Hiplop's 340 alleviated Pappums's suspicion on him. The only thing I don't like is if we lynch Pappums and he flips town, it's basically like starting the game two players down, since his lynch will tell us nothing. A lynch on any other player would be much more informative. I guess that's not much of a reason to not lynch Pappums, but it doesn't help. I'd much rather lynch someone who is scummy and will be impossible to read in the coming days due to post style.

I dunno, I'd prefer lynching Budja because of the high chance of being scum, and it will be better for the coming days.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

Beck wrote:
Psyche wrote:Right. When I flip Town you'll automatically know budja is totally...what?

my posts 415 and 418 explained why I didn't buy your "townie termed explanations"

All you did was summarize what I did and call it odd.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

/emphasizes a few things that seem to have been oversighted

Psyche wrote:I'm going to be trying some unorthodox scumhunting techniques this game. Nothing particularly abstruse, just some statistical analysis or whatever. ^^

Here I commit to attempt craptistics application to scumhunting.

But yeah, I'll read the thread and come back with whatever I find and make a
tentative vote
, probably.

Here, I announce that my next vote will be tentative.

Definition of tentative:
uncertain: said or done in a slow, hesitant, and careful way that reveals a lack of confidence
rough or provisional: likely to have changes before becoming final and complete

It should not be surprising that my vote would quickly change, nor that my vote's reasoning would be rather weak. I did just join the game, I mean.

It seems that my mistake was rushing to the tentative vote and not waiting/thinking longer. Lynch me for it if you must, but my BAH! post will be very BAH!ful, I promise.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by hiplop »

psyche is town guys... what is the scum motive for what hes doing, anyone?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by charter »

Pappums, what exactly do you find the most suspicious about Panacea/Psyche?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by charter »

Same thing to Phoebus, your vote has been on Psyche far too long for the initial reasoning you gave.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Beck »

Psyche wrote:
Beck wrote:

and odd to me, means doesn't make sense, possibly scummy but not sure

the fact that the person before you was equally wishy washy and that you put your "tentative" vote on somebody to put them to L-1 and than backed off when people question you about it, seems like you are afraid of being called out or rocking the boat so you took it back

at least that is how I interpret it anyway
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, three days until deadline. If you people on the Psyche wagon aren't going to change then you need to say so. Beck seems happy camped there. I'd still prefer Budja over Psyche. If no one is going to change, then Psyche should probably claim.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Beck »

I already said I would be fine with a Budja lynch, i'm just trying to get an answer out of psyche that actually makes sense to me, hip declares psych is town, but doesn't explain why this is so. I don't see it personally.

I mean asking what the scum motivation for what he is doing is all he asked

let me play wifom

if scum makes an unpopular vote and gets called out on it, that freaks them out cause they want to stay off the radar so they would possibly back-pedal or change their vote to appease the rest of the town.

If a townie was called out for their vote, I feel they would be more likely to try and defend the reason for their vote

so essentially in my mind, backing off like he did, seems like he cares more about people's perception on him than he does about the conviction of his vote.

does that answer your question properly Hiplop?

Hiplop, why don't you try and explain why his motivations seem more like town and not scum, instead of asking people to explain their view
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Psyche »

Beck wrote:
Psyche wrote:
Beck wrote:

and odd to me, means doesn't make sense, possibly scummy but not sure

the fact that the person before you was equally wishy washy and that you put your "tentative" vote on somebody to put them to L-1 and than backed off when people question you about it, seems like you are afraid of being called out or rocking the boat so you took it back

at least that is how I interpret it anyway

Afraid of being called out? For what? Agreeing with everyone else? I could have, and could still, EASILY justified a vote for Budja, the same way other people voting for him already have. It rocks the boat more to jump from one vote to another than to justify a vote that that just brought a player to L-1. I took the hard route because I decided that my reasoning for voting Budja was insufficient.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Beck »

You know what sheeping is right?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Psyche »

Beck wrote:You know what sheeping is right?

Yes, I had to look it up to be sure.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

Post by hiplop »

Beck wrote:I already said I would be fine with a Budja lynch, i'm just trying to get an answer out of psyche that actually makes sense to me, hip declares psych is town, but doesn't explain why this is so. I don't see it personally.

I mean asking what the scum motivation for what he is doing is all he asked

let me play wifom

if scum makes an unpopular vote and gets called out on it, that freaks them out cause they want to stay off the radar so they would possibly back-pedal or change their vote to appease the rest of the town.

If a townie was called out for their vote, I feel they would be more likely to try and defend the reason for their vote

so essentially in my mind, backing off like he did, seems like he cares more about people's perception on him than he does about the conviction of his vote.

does that answer your question properly Hiplop?

Hiplop, why don't you try and explain why his motivations seem more like town and not scum, instead of asking people to explain their view

...lol

i think its obvious; i think hes town because i can't see any scum motivation for what hes doing. Seriously, its not that hard to infer thats what i meant, pretty sure everyone else got it.

also strongly disagree with your second point, but it is your opinion so w/e

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”