Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Cool, here's a vote I can finally agree with.

VOTE: bvoigt

Wagons are probably going to be me and bv.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I'm not too up for lynching BB - I will if it's the option and it's not to say I disagree with that lynch - I don't but i'd say that if BB is scum the main threat we face as town is his partner.
BB wrote:I'd vote bvoigt but I've got nothing solid against him.

A couple of posts later and no case put forward:

BB wrote: Wagons are probably going to be me and bv.

And a vote on Bv - Are you choosing him simply because you see it as him or you? or because you believe he is scum? If so what solid reasoning do you now have that you didn't a few posts ago?
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

.|Vote count 12|.

BBmolla-2(bvoigt, VeryDark)
L-2

VoidedMafia-1(ToastyToast)
SomeRandomGuy-0
verydark-0
ToastyToast-0
zMuffinMan-1(SomeRandomGuy)
bvoigt-2(zMuffinMan, BBmolla)
L-2

Not Voting-1(VoidedMafia)
With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch

If there are any problems tell me.
Last edited by drmyshottyizsik on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
#freeShotty
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Mod: Muffin ain't at L-2. That should be on bv.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:I'm not too up for lynching BB - I will if it's the option and it's not to say I disagree with that lynch - I don't but i'd say that if BB is scum the main threat we face as town is his partner.
BB wrote:I'd vote bvoigt but I've got nothing solid against him.

A couple of posts later and no case put forward:

BB wrote: Wagons are probably going to be me and bv.

And a vote on Bv - Are you choosing him simply because you see it as him or you? or because you believe he is scum? If so what solid reasoning do you now have that you didn't a few posts ago?

Here's how I see.

I'm getting non town reads on verydark/bvoigt. I'll got null leaning town on Voided at this point. And then I've got town on SRG, Toast, and Muffin.

I don't have anything solid on bvoigt, it's true, but I never will. Trusting my gut.

If people were more leaning to vote verydark or Voided, I would probably jump on either of those. However, I'd prefer lynching bvoigt than Voided, which is why I voted bvoigt when him and Voided both have votes.

Reads are all subject to change after someone is lynched though.

Also, I already addressed that the knowledge gained by lynching me is worth it to a point, except for the whole not lynching scum thing. In all honesty, I'd prefer to get lynched now if all these people really think I'm scum cause we'll have to deal with it tomorrow if I don't get lynched and that'll cause problems.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK, so, just want to make it clear, in case it already wasn't. I don't support a BB lynch at all.

And if it comes down to bv/BB (one or the other) because of the deadline, I'll be pushing bv hard.

The thing with bv is, I don't get the feeling that he's actually considering anything other than 'standard' tells. Like, it's hard to describe, but every time he accuses someone of being scum, it's like he's looking at the face of their posts, and not digging any deeper to get a feel for their alignment. Doesn't sit well with me.

My only problem is I'm having a hard time seeing partnerships. BB is definitely not his partner. verydark is not his partner. After rereading the game, SRG has gone back to being a town read for me, but I'm still interested in hearing his suspicions, which he has yet to comment on after saying he'd give them - not going to rule him out as scum, but less likely in my mind right now. Toasty-bv? I don't see this as likely. Voided-bv? It's something that needs to be explored if bv flips scum.

I'm interested in testing where Toasty, SRG and Voided are going to put their vote now, and seeing the what the flip is afterwards.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

When is deadline? bv is one of my scum reads, so I'm definitely voting him over BB if those are our only choices. I wish bv was more actively defending, as there are certainly holes in some of the reasons for voting him. In fact, its his lack of a strong presence that is concerning me most atm.

I agree with Muffin with the "standard tells" thing as well...it seems like a facade.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Deadline is in a bit under 3 days.

I am mostly working off PoE, so it's not like I think I have the strongest of cases on bv.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I will still stand by my nullscum read over my null read.

Vote: BBmolla L-1

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Why is he nullscum for you?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Has anyone heard of the Amished tell btw?
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 am

Post by verydark »

Toasty & Muffin, are you going to be voting today? We are 2 days from deadline.

@BV please note that you will probably be claiming relatively soon. If Toasty & Muffin stick to their word.

ToastyToast wrote: I'm definitely voting him over BB if those are our only choices.

zMuffinMant wrote:And if it comes down to bv/BB (one or the other) because of the deadline, I'll be pushing bv hard.

SRG has his vote on Muffin, but he feels BB is nulltown and BV is unknown.

This is going to be an interesting day.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

zMuffinMan wrote:Has anyone heard of the Amished tell btw?

I havent, what is it?
-=-
Scum 1-1

verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:13 am

Post by verydark »

@Muffin - Whoops, missed that. Thanks.

Toasty needs to get his vote on BV, then looks like you'll have the hammer SRG.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

verydark wrote:then looks like you'll have the hammer SRG.

Just what I've always wanted! <.<
-=-
Scum 1-1

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:40 am

Post by BBmolla »

My arguement today is that I'm not scum and that bvoigt is. If you lynch me, please lynch the Mafia at LYLO.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:45 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Unvote:Vote:bvoigt

I don't see a sudden switch to voided happening anytime soon. I just hope bv's around to claim.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:41 am

Post by bvoigt »

zMuffinMan wrote:The thing with bv is, I don't get the feeling that he's actually considering anything other than 'standard' tells. Like, it's hard to describe, but every time he accuses someone of being scum, it's like he's looking at the face of their posts, and not digging any deeper to get a feel for their alignment. Doesn't sit well with me.

Well, I feel like BB, and Toasty and Voided to an extent,
have
had scum motivations on a "deeper" level. He showed that he was focused on survival early in the game. His vote on kad seemed to be more for unhelpfulness than scumminess, and you could say it was also only looking at the surface: kad's lack of content appeared to be his playstyle more than anything else. As for Toasty, he twisted some common actions into scumtells when making his case, which helps him to get a mislynch. And Voided's vote on BB was somewhat similar to BB's vote on kad.

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
zMuffinMan wrote:Has anyone heard of the Amished tell btw?

I havent, what is it?

It's basically when someone, replacing in, apologizes for the play of their predecessor. I've seen it used here, but the player in question flipped town.

ToastyToast wrote:When is deadline? bv is one of my scum reads, so I'm definitely voting him over BB if those are our only choices. I wish bv was more actively defending, as there are certainly holes in some of the reasons for voting him. In fact, its his lack of a strong presence that is concerning me most atm.

What do you want me to say? I've made my points about BB, and I'm waiting and hoping he gets lynched.

verydark wrote:@BV please note that you will probably be claiming relatively soon. If Toasty & Muffin stick to their word.

I will only claim if SRG says that he intends to hammer.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Post by bvoigt »

Also, I will be
V/LA
from Saturday the 23rd through Sunday the 31st.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

zMuffinMan wrote:Why is he nullscum for you?

As I've said, he was scummy for most of D1, managed to pull himself out of the lynch near the end (again, why I voted Kad instead of BB in the first place), and now he's sunk back from his towniness.

Also, if the amished tell means I apologize for my predecessor's actions, then I haven't done that at all, so it's not really applicable..

Bv: More defense for yourself, I think...not that you'll be able to now.

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Ok ladies, defences up please, as well as arguments against the other person - especially you BB, you've only really said you've been suspicious of Bv and not really YOUR case, don't just echo other cases on him, see if you can find something that makes you certain which may not have been mentioned. I'll be reading over things too of course, but i'd like to see why you believe the other wagon is the best lynch and i swear to god one: 'I'm not scum, so the best lynch is him!' and i'll hammer whoever said it right there.
-=-
Scum 1-1

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

Quick post, as I just remembered: if we lynch a townie today, Day 3 is Lynch-or-Lose (LyLo). Do not vote right away unless you're sure someone is scum, because the two scum can "quickhammer" for the win.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@SRG: Anything you want to ask me about my BB case? I think I've summarized it a couple of times already.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Nothing specific right now but i may well have some questions after a read through i've planned for tomorrow (today now here in the uk). I'll be honest in that the request was more aimed toward BB as from what I remember, he hasn't really gone through what the case on you is and i'd like to see it from his perspective. I don't want to feel like his vote is based on it being a perceived choice of you or him.

More tomorrow.
-=-
Scum 1-1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”