Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

silverdrummer wrote:I've noticed that I have been getting a lot of pressure from the whole Vifam/Pine thing.

I voted for Vifam because they were a viable lynch target at the time
- this was while silverbullet was away. When he got back, he unvoted Vifam and voted Pine without any consultation.

As such, I cannot speak for my vote on Pine,
which is why I haven't been posting - because the majority of the heat on me is because of the Pine vote.

So I'm leaving silverbullet to reap what he's sown. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit with you, or whatever, but I think that I shouldn't have to be part of silverbullet's argument if he didn't originally check with me on the vote, or anything.
~ cjdrum

2 things here.

1. The bolded part, if you're not posting b/c no one else but me is giving you slack over your horrible vifam vote that looks very much like avoiding it so it doesn't turn into a focus point.

2. Again you said nothing about a scum read on vifam and in your own words you just voted him since he was a viable lynch. That doesn't read opportunistic at all.

Am I just over reacting here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Junpei- You are correct, 12 of 14 as of last VC. Either way, I'm not for lynching claimed town PRs day1. If they live, they have to explain themselves each and every day. And every time they flip town, we can trust the results, and if they flip scum, we can probably backtrack to see who they're protecting.

@Nero- Is he getting heat for his Pine vote? I actually saw more people voting Pine.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Junpei »

Also I'd note that Meransiel calls game theory talk scummy, however here he is talking about game theory. Do you not think it is really a scum tell Meransiel?
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

At this point I’m satisfied with lynching either Izak, Silver or DavidX as directly scummy and will support whichever of those wagons is strongest.

--

vollkan wrote:Moreover, I don't think it's plausible that a town JK (who should want to remain unseen) would decide to draw attention to themselves in that way. From scum's perspective, he would still be a non-their faction JK.

Please provide my any circumstances (Town / Scum / 3rd Party) where it is plausible for someone to make claims as Zinger has? You immediately ruling out Town when I can’t see a single scenario that is net gain for Zinger’s alignment to act as he has troubles me. It's a stupid move regardless of what alignment he is.

--

DavidX wrote:I'm not going to unvote Zinger yet because as a player, he's openly lied to town, and in doing so, assuming he is telling the truth (which I still have doubts on)has revealed a Town power role with little to no reason.

So the best solution you can come up with as punishment for early revealing a Town Powerrole (if he is Town) is to lynch that player?

That’s scumtastic reasoning David.

--

Zel1nk wrote:O302

Mwhahaha … now I can use PoE to figure out one of your heads …

Actually it was pretty important based on your response to the first question. Thanks.

--

Izak wrote:I totally agree with Pinky above; whatever Zinger's alignment, we could really do without him around. The fact that he has
lied at least twice, insulted the whole forum, and admitted that he is not taking this seriously means he is, without a doubt, the best lynch today

Pop quiz – why would scum have specifically done the bolded things above? If you can’t provide a solid reason then you aren’t pointing out scum-tells.

Izak wrote:I was quite obviously joking when talking about Jesters, while Junpei was not. The way I see it the two are (quite obviously) completely separate.

What was the gain to Town for your ‘joking’ about ‘Jason sticking a Jester’ in the game? You signed up in the original thread so you should have know they were NOT in the set-up. You made the comment well out of RVS. Explain …

--

Pappums wrote:In this post he suggested this post might have been the result of prodding from a scumbuddy, implying that the scum have daytalk. We believe that this is a mistake commonly made by newbie TOWN who haven't been scum, but not by newbie scum who would know that scum don't have daytalk. Jason's previous games have not had daytalk. This was before his claims and before his meltdown.

Why do you assume that this game MUST not have Daytalk based on prior games? My first Mini Theme did not have daytalking scum but my second one did. It is part of the balancing process, IMO.

--

Junpei wrote:May I ask why you felt the need to say this day 1, since you're obviously serious?

Because being day Neighborized twice in the first Day of the game warrants that information being disclosed to Town. I’m already arranging safety valves about the identities of the Neighborizors in case I die.

Junpei wrote:That quote is wrong, his claim is not of the same nature as mine, I've already said that before.

Saying it repeatedly doesn’t make you correct.

Zinger has basically said he was a badly gambiting Town PR at this stage. He may be lying. He may be telling the truth. Just like your predecessor he shouldn’t be lynched TODAY just on that fact.

Junpei wrote:3) Rodion, does claiming JK, a ROLEBLOCKER, make any sense as town?

As LLD is fond of saying -

… twitch …

--

Silver wrote: well after recent posts... what you should be doing according to volkan is seing if he does replace when pressured and is scum in other games. Find a game or two where he does that and you win my heart for the day. I personally still think it's null and sheer luck if your right (or inside info).

If I did want to do that I’d again bring up Umbrage’s Jungle Republic where your other head did there what it is doing exactly here …. disappearing under suspicion while actively posting around site. Oh look, there is CJ now.

Silver-CJ wrote:I voted for Vifam because they were a viable lynch target at the time - this was while silverbullet was away. When he got back, he unvoted Vifam and voted Pine without any consultation.

As such, I cannot speak for my vote on Pine, which is why I haven't been posting - because the majority of the heat on me is because of the Pine vote.

So I'm leaving silverbullet to reap what he's sown. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit with you, or whatever, but I think that I shouldn't have to be part of silverbullet's argument if he didn't originally check with me on the vote, or anything.

1. So you voted Vifam as ‘a viable lynch’, not for being scummy?
2. You are ‘leaving’ Silver to fend for himself? Despite the fact that you are the same damn slot?

Kill it with fire!!!!

UNVOTE: Izak
VOTE: Silver

--

Meran wrote:I don't like this at all.

Vote: david Xanatos

Meran earns Town cred for this post. Because he’s not liking what is probably an example of “role-fishing by proxy”.

You also get Town points for
. That’s effort. Perhaps misguided effort, but effort non-the–less. And in a game this size effort early on is a positive thing.

Meran wrote:Multiscum game. I rest my case.

Pop quiz – how do you have any idea this game ISN’T multiscum?????
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:Also notice how Zinger is derailing the thread with you, this topic of game theory this early is worthless.
I am not derailing the thread. The theory we are discussing is pertinent to the current situation and has merit to be discussed.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:Also notice how Zinger is derailing the thread with you, this topic of game theory this early is worthless.
I am not derailing the thread. The theory we are discussing is pertinent to the current situation and has merit to be discussed.

Whether or not there is a mafia jail keeper shouldn't be relevant to you as you believe yourself to be a town jail keeper correct?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@MoI- Just so you know, your claim of having been neighborized twice can also be read to say "I can talk to 2 other people outside the thread." And that you were selected by 2 independent processes that have a single convergence point of you. Any ideas why that might be, because I find it frankly astonishing.

Also, what do you think the chances are that both are town?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

PeregrineV wrote:
@Nero- Is he getting heat for his Pine vote? I actually saw more people voting Pine.

Yeah he was. He was pushing Pine hard. Speaking of Pine...

@Thad Pine's slot is getting replaced. So why are you voting it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

PeregrineV wrote:@MoI- Just so you know, your claim of having been neighborized twice can also be read to say "I can talk to 2 other people outside the thread." And that you were selected by 2 independent processes that have a single convergence point of you. Any ideas why that might be, because I find it frankly astonishing.

Also, what do you think the chances are that both are town?

1. Because I'm awesome!!! Really, look I have a boss title and little banner thing and everything? :lol:

Actually one of the first questions to each Neighborizor was just that - "Why me". Both reasons seemed plausible enough.

2. I think the chances that both are Town is VERY, VERY limited. Thus why I specifically outed the information before my expected, standard N1 demise.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Meransiel »

Junpei wrote:Also I'd note that Meransiel calls game theory talk scummy, however here he is talking about game theory. Do you not think it is really a scum tell Meransiel?

I'm not talking game theory, I am ironically dismissing ideas relevant to this game in particular. Different. Also, your claim, different from Zinger's or not, has nothing to do with Zinger's

Also, think about this: is a 4th player run up to lynch and having to claim a better or worse thing than losing an actual jailer? Well?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Meransiel »

@pop quiz: I don't. Night will tell me. Night has not come.

Anyway, since you guys are not interested in killing off non-posters, I think I should place my vote on someone who is not TIF.
Unvote

So my scumreads so far are DavidX, ThAd, Silver, Vollkan and Chevre (in no particular order, and disregarding Rodion and TIF cause of the reason on the line above). What should it be, hm...well Chevre and Vollkan are verbose enough to not ignore me calling them scummy, so I shouldn't bother there. And the prize goes to...

VOTE: Silver

And now I'm patiently waiting for people to accuse me of sheeping. I think I will ISO DavidX now, maybe post what I find tomorrow.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Meransiel »

Junpei wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:

Whether or not there is a mafia jail keeper shouldn't be relevant to you as you believe yourself to be a town jail keeper correct?

Although I have to admit, this comment here is pretty intelligent.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Junpei »

Meransiel wrote:
So my scumreads so far are DavidX, ThAd, Silver, Vollkan and Chevre (in no particular order, and disregarding Rodion and TIF cause of the reason on the line above).

Do you want to correct yourself Meransiel? Where is Killerjester on this list? Your post earlier heavily implies you would want to lynch him, and he is not a non-poster.

David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 am

Post by David Xanatos »

MoI, I'm not sure if you're just skimming or if you're actively trying to misrepresent me, but you'll note that TWO POSTS after I posted that, I also posted, this,

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 2#p3265912

And the first words of that post.. "Hit post too early, meant to hit Preview so I could get onto the more detailed posting screen.."

Hell, two posts after THAT I even expanded on it further.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 3#p3266033

So please, stop trying to make out as though my sole reasoning was "lulz revealed role".
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Meransiel »

Junpei wrote:
Meransiel wrote:
So my scumreads so far are DavidX, ThAd, Silver, Vollkan and Chevre (in no particular order, and disregarding Rodion and TIF cause of the reason on the line above).

Do you want to correct yourself Meransiel? Where is Killerjester on this list? Your post earlier heavily implies you would want to lynch him, and he is not a non-poster.

Forgot about him for a second, sorry. Yes, you are correct, KJ too.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:

You make a valid point. I concede to your argument.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Junpei »

Meransiel wrote:Also, think about this: is a 4th player run up to lynch and having to claim a better or worse thing than losing an actual jailer? Well?

Worse, however Zinger has claimed third party JK and that makes no sense whatsoever. I want to...

Hear from Zinger on why he thought that town would let a third party roleblocker not get hanged?

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Junpei »

I meant better, I was thinking is losing jailer worse than running up another player.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Also, think about this: is a 4th player run up to lynch and having to claim a better or worse thing than losing an actual jailer? Well?

Worse, however Zinger has claimed third party JK and that makes no sense whatsoever. I want to...

Hear from Zinger on why he thought that town would let a third party roleblocker not get hanged?

I came up with a win-con that doesn't stop the Town from winning (and at worst case scenario only makes them lose on PR). I thought town wouldn't waste time going after someone who wasn't actively trying to prevent them from winning, and would instead use their time to find the mafia team (their true enemy).
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:

I came up with a win-con that doesn't stop the Town from winning (and at worst case scenario only makes them lose on PR). I thought town wouldn't waste time going after someone who wasn't actively trying to prevent them from winning, and would instead use their time to find the mafia team (their true enemy).

But... you aren't talking about the flip side of the coin, and that is that you aren't trying to stop mafia from winning either. You are roleblocking whoever you please with no guidance, you really don't think that we'd see that as dangerous?

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Leonshade »

@Silverdrummer:
Is there a reason you've been tunneling and advocating the lynch of a lurker all day? I don't think lurkers make for good D1 lynches, do you disagree? (Note that active lurkers are different from lurkers)

@ThreeIsFrench:
Which head made your latest post? Also, it seems that both heads are far more active in other games than your hydra is in this one, why is this?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:

But... you aren't talking about the flip side of the coin, and that is that you aren't trying to stop mafia from winning either. You are roleblocking whoever you please with no guidance, you really don't think that we'd see that as dangerous?

Not as dangerous as the mafia who are actively trying to stop Town. Also, i did say I can only target each person once.

Honestly I did not anticipate the reaction everyone gave me. I still don't fully understand why they reacted so strongly. But alas, live and learn.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 am

Post by killerjester »

Junpei wrote:I think it's too early to determine his partners if he has any, I really can't tell you that, I need to analyze the situation more and it isn't something I can do before Zinger dies d1.

This. I don't like this post, it smells funny.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

killerjester wrote:
Junpei wrote:I think it's too early to determine his partners if he has any, I really can't tell you that, I need to analyze the situation more and it isn't something I can do before Zinger dies d1.

This. I don't like this post, it smells funny.

I agree (and not just because it implicates me). I have thought all along that Junpei's focus on me has always been a vote of convenience.

As time passed and I gave him more to work with, he gained more credibility, but his initial vote had very little momentum.

And the fact that he is willing to kill someone before analyzing the situation surrounding that person in detail is certainly suspect.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Meransiel »

Zinger, don't think too hard about it. You know how hard it is to fake a tracker registry for two nights or more?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”