Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I'm trying to figure out how malp's recent posts (regarding CBD's lack of response) impacts my read on him; I'd say it comes off as overall town. He seemed excited (if a bit quick) to have 'found scum' in a way that gave me a fairly townie impression.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

kiwieagle wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:
kiwieagle wrote:Has he said anything that struck you as scum?

Bitching about RVS too much, then calling you scum, pushing it until Slaxx said something about you. Now your his big town read.

Whats scummy about the first though....

Because he's nitpicking/calling things scummy when they aren't.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by malpascp »

bobsnox wrote:kiwi, pom, toasty, sc = my scumlist if anyone cares. maybe kiwi is just bad town but the others are giving me heavy scumvibes.

Explanation?

bobsnox wrote:why are you guys even talking about me anymore? just get some more townies alive and call me when you nail scum

Yeah, you guys to the work, just don't nail
me

kiwieagle wrote:
malpascp wrote:I just noticed something interesting.

Take a look at post #400.

CDB says he can't tell how bobsnox power would interfeer with town win-condition. This means that role isn't predicted in the setup, making bobsnox claim absolutely false!

bobsnox is scum

I'm so smart :D

*cough* bussing *cough*

Yeah, everyone had already noted this.

malpascp wrote:@kiwi: why did you say I pushed for bobsnox revival? I was clearly against it (I think)

You didn't answer this yet.

Maybe we should use all the day to discuss on who is scum before someone hammers Bub
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am

Post by MrTrow »

malpascp wrote:Maybe we should use all the day to discuss on who is scum before someone hammers Bub

True:
Bub - Parama scumpair not possible (Parama should have hammered otherwise)
Bub - Crypto scumpair unlikely (hammer possibility has been out there too long and he must have seen the 'heads up i`m gonna vote Bub soon' by Packbat)
so unless Bub/Packbat are buddies resurrecting Bub doesn`t end the game.

I didn`t find anything to exclude this possibility, i`d say if packbat is in any way likely to be scum we will not revive bub.
At this point i`d like to see parama`s packbat-scum case. (as this is an 'if you are right and we miss it, we lose'-situation please don`t just refer to your ISO on this one)
Also kiwi`s 'bub is laying low since he has accoplisched his objective of looking town' is a valid observation. (i`m not so sold on bub-scum myself, but this tell is indeed out there)

As for Bobsnox: as far as i`m concerned he`s scum:
his role makes sense if going for the 'all mafia dead'-wincon, which a 1-shot should not be leading
or for the 'all town has been alive'-wincon if this translates to 'no town in limbo'(instead of 'all town must at some point have had the status
alive
')
the fact he didn`t check the latter, more than a week after the 'no-comment' response to the loaded version of this question has been pointed out as 'not confirming/denying the claimed role', says enough to me.
(The "you" in that post indicated to me that a by-pm question from bobsnox would produce an answer.)

Also there is a connection between StrangerCoug and Parama:
StrangerCoug wrote:If I understand this right, crypto and Packbat can't both be scum or the game would be over, but if they're both town I am going to jump off the Empire State Building.
Pointing out there can be at most 1 scum among the living and calling 1 scum in 2 of the living is a great way to imply parama has to be town without ever having to state it.

I`m wondering SC: is your suspicion on crypto based on more than his FoS on the lurker?
By the way, your mum says hello.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

I'm not really sold on that SC/Parama connection, it seems really minor to me.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

ToastyToast wrote:Because he's nitpicking/calling things scummy when they aren't.

What did I nitpick about/call scummy that is not scummy? You need to give us examples if you want us to consider your case on me credible.

malpascp wrote:Yeah, you guys to the work, just don't nail
me

Why the emphasis on the word "me"? This comes off to me as a scumslip.

MrTrow wrote:I`m wondering SC: is your suspicion on crypto based on more than his FoS on the lurker?

It currently is. He is himself lurking and has clearly demonstrated that he is clueless about what is going on. Frankly, my dear, I don't think he gives a damn.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

Pomegranate wrote:I'm trying to figure out how malp's recent posts (regarding CBD's lack of response) impacts my read on him; I'd say it comes off as overall town. He seemed excited (if a bit quick) to have 'found scum' in a way that gave me a fairly townie impression.

it gave the opposite to me tbh
Not never dead.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

malpascp wrote:
bobsnox wrote:kiwi, pom, toasty, sc = my scumlist if anyone cares. maybe kiwi is just bad town but the others are giving me heavy scumvibes.

Explanation?

bobsnox wrote:why are you guys even talking about me anymore? just get some more townies alive and call me when you nail scum

me

kiwieagle wrote:
malpascp wrote:I just noticed something interesting.

Take a look at post #400.

CDB says he can't tell how bobsnox power would interfeer with town win-condition. This means that role isn't predicted in the setup, making bobsnox claim absolutely false!

bobsnox is scum

I'm so smart :D

*cough* bussing *cough*

Yeah, everyone had already noted this.

malpascp wrote:@kiwi: why did you say I pushed for bobsnox revival? I was clearly against it (I think)

You didn't answer this yet.

Maybe we should use all the day to discuss on who is scum before someone hammers Bub

post 411
Not never dead.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Awesoma wrote:For the sake of fair voting, I am not going to participate in RVS.

The hell? This is not the RVS; right now Parama's discussing player meta to determine who should be revived. Nobody's vote is random in either the usually applied sense or the true sense.

Who gives a shit? This isn't even why Awesoma is scummy.

SC wrote:How do our votes lack "true backing"? I voted Parama because he can be a vicious scumhunter, while my self-vote is admittedly a bit WIFOM-based as I don't see why someone who's been crap as scum lately would offer him- or herself to be revived unless the person is town.

Here your just asking for a needed explanation, but I really didn't like the WIFOM bit. Also, who is the crappy scum referring to?

SC wrote:Here's a hint: When people are actually contributing, the RVS is over. There were already a few people that were major topics of discussion: Parama and I are the main candidates for revival, while Awesoma is being viewed as scummy. You chose to talk about none of us, so I don't plan on reviving you in the foreseeable future.

"MER MER MER. I'm SC and I think there's enough evidence to revive me this early in the game! Anyone who ignores me or Parama is scum. MERRR"

ugh. :roll: Happy?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Parama »

guys drop what you're doing I'm rereading and I will have a read on everyone by the time this is over. Game will be WON for sure.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

ToastyToast wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Awesoma wrote:For the sake of fair voting, I am not going to participate in RVS.

The hell? This is not the RVS; right now Parama's discussing player meta to determine who should be revived. Nobody's vote is random in either the usually applied sense or the true sense.

Who gives a shit? This isn't even why Awesoma is scummy.

If I'm talking about it, then obviously I give a shit. Awesoma was never exempt from making meaningful contributions to the game. The RVS, as I saw it, did not exist in this game, so I saw the comment as non sequitir. What did he add to the information that others have put in? Nothing. All it is is fluff. See what you quoted below.

ToastyToast wrote:
SC wrote:How do our votes lack "true backing"? I voted Parama because he can be a vicious scumhunter, while my self-vote is admittedly a bit WIFOM-based as I don't see why someone who's been crap as scum lately would offer him- or herself to be revived unless the person is town.

Here your just asking for a needed explanation, but I really didn't like the WIFOM bit. Also, who is the crappy scum referring to?

I was referring to myself as "crap as scum lately". I'm currently on a five-game losing streak as that alignment.

ToastyToast wrote:
SC wrote:Here's a hint: When people are actually contributing, the RVS is over. There were already a few people that were major topics of discussion: Parama and I are the main candidates for revival, while Awesoma is being viewed as scummy. You chose to talk about none of us, so I don't plan on reviving you in the foreseeable future.

"MER MER MER. I'm SC and I think there's enough evidence to revive me this early in the game! Anyone who ignores me or Parama is scum. MERRR"

I was being as objective as I could. Nowhere in the quoted post do I say that I should be revived over anyone else except you and Awesoma. I know it seems like since he, Parama, and I were the main topics of discussion, you were prohibited to talk about anybody else, but if you made a meaningful post about someone other than the three of us I would not have condemned you per se. The point I was making was that you needed to post content.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Parama »

What this post is:
I started on page 1, read the entire game, and moved limbo people around after catching town and scumtells. No elaboration, because I've been bad at that recently. +3 to get over the green line, -3 to get under the red line. Anyone alive is irrelevant at this point in terms of reviving. Packbat is pretty much confirmed scum and I may use some association tells from that, but it won't be a major factor.
Mid-D1-read comment: You know what, no. I want to reconsider that Packbat read now. I am smelling a few things - namely, desperate scum, among a few players. They NEED a revival today, I bet, else everyone alive gets confirmed town otherwise. I will elaborate on some stuff later but the pieces are all coming together now.

ToastyToast +infinity; townslipped
Pomegranate +3
----------------

Bub Bidderskins +2
AntB
bobsnox -1
StrangerCoug -2
----------------

kiwieagle -3
MrTrow/Awesoma -4
malpascp/wredfar -7

SC #5 +1
Awesoma #16 -2
Bub #29 +1
Toasty #31 -1
Bub #67 +1
Awesoma #90 -2
AntB #92 +1
bobsnox #104 +2
Toasty #113 -2
kiwi #122 -1
Pome #145 +2
bobsnox #164 -1
kiwi #166 +3
kiwi #195 -1
Pome #221 +1
malp #231 -1
bobsnox #256 -1
Toasty #304 TOWNSLIP
malp #308 -1
SC #337 -1
malp #374 -2
bobsnox #393 -1
kiwi #409 -1
kiwi #421 -3 (this is close to a scumslip IMO...)
SC #429 -2
AntB #452 -1
malp #509 -3

Logically the scumteam here is malp/Trow/kiwi... I think this is unlikely at best, impossible in reality.
What the hell I think is going down in this thread:
SC/Bub/malp scumteam.
Yes I realize I have some townpoints on Bub. But... the association is very clear. SC's way of pushing the Bub wagon reeks, and malp fits in really nicely with this proposed team. If malp isn't scum, then kiwi is. I am going to call a mulligan on Awesoma because I think, frankly, he was a terrible player. Just that, nothing more.

Anyways, Toasty townslipped. That should be our revive today. I'm actually surprised nobody caught it, so I'll explain it:
ToastyToast wrote:lolwut? I was just watching soccer, and then I came back and thought Slaxx claimed scum (which is impossible given that we revived you first and therefore the game would have ended immediately.

What the slip is:
Toasty doesn't understand the scum win-condition correctly. I see no way in hell scum wouldn't know their own wincon, and he completely botched it here, unless I'm misreading something, which seems unlikely. Even then, Toasty gives off lots of townie vibes in recent posting; I stopped keeping track of him after his townslip though.
I really want to go to N1 with 4 town alive so we can have 4 confirmed town and basically an auto-won game from that point. If I'm right about everyone alive being town, then BUB SHOULD NOT BE REVIVED TODAY. If I'm wrong, BUB SHOULD NOT BE REVIVED TODAY. This is not his fault. It is almost 100% association, but Packbat's alignment has nothing to do with it at this point, and Packbat's alignment is the only one I'd call into question of the living players.

SC's posts seemed good at first, but I realized what game he's playing - he's trying to appeal to Pack's good side because he knows Pack's town and Bub's scum, and Pack is the most likely of the three living players to vote Bub. Lots of subtle stuff, but I think he's been getting what he wants and he knows it; the problem is that his attempts are just a bit too transparent.

My crackpot theories make some sense I guess. Either way I think it's a good idea to
vote: ToastyToast
and see what happens from that point on.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Parama »

I am now only slightly more confident in my reads after that reread, btw... this game is shaping up to be a mindscrew game.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Packbat »

Parama wrote:Anyways, Toasty townslipped. That should be our revive today. I'm actually surprised nobody caught it, so I'll explain it:
ToastyToast wrote:lolwut? I was just watching soccer, and then I came back and thought Slaxx claimed scum (which is impossible given that we revived you first and therefore the game would have ended immediately.

What the slip is:
Toasty doesn't understand the scum win-condition correctly. I see no way in hell scum wouldn't know their own wincon, and he completely botched it here, unless I'm misreading something, which seems unlikely. Even then, Toasty gives off lots of townie vibes in recent posting; I stopped keeping track of him after his townslip though.

That sounds really plausible. I hadn't thought that angle through, but if you're right, we absolutely must revive ToastyToast today.

UNVOTE: Bub Bidderskins

I'm not going to hammer Toast without thinking it over, but the possibility of having a 4-player conftown team is too good to resist.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by bobsnox »

Parama's post sounds good to me

Toasty was a scumread for me but that does look like a townslip
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 am

Post by malpascp »

malpascp wrote:

me

I was translating bobsnox's post. Duh.

I don't get Parama's point. Slaxx being scum wouldn't end the game, so I don't see where Toasty town-sliped.

Anyway, I think Bub and SC being scumbudies is highly unlikely reading the whole game. Bub is our best shot for today, and I dislike everyone suddenly seeing Toasty as near conf-town.

@Everyone: any thoughts on connections between Toasty and anyone else alive?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Packbat »

malpascp wrote:[...] I dislike everyone suddenly seeing Toasty as near conf-town.

@Everyone: any thoughts on connections between Toasty and anyone else alive?

Toasty-Parama is possible based on ToastyToast's early play - his ISO has him expressing hesitance to vote for Par followed by an L-1 with very little explanation, which would be a natural pattern for scumpartners. That would also be supported by the way that Parama and Toasty staked out opposite positions on
my
revival Day 0.75, although Toast's retreat after Par's initial objection doesn't fit.

However, what makes
zero
sense from a scumpartners perspective is the townslip post.

Do the math. For this to be scum:

1. Toasty would have to realize that this was a confusion that a town player could have (especially unlikely if he's partners with Par, who was alive to make it one-and-one).
2. Toasty would have to make plans to express this confusion in some context.
3. Toasty would have to see #284 and realize that it was a perfect opportunity to unleash it.

That doesn't seem plausible to me. The post doesn't even read like a fake-misunderstanding post; there's too little brains in it.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 am

Post by AntB »

Paramas explanation of toastys townslip makes sense. Mals slips more...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 am

Post by AntB »

(down the scale)
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 am

Post by kiwieagle »

kiwieagle wrote:Im fine with everyone but bobsnox tbh.

Also:
I have no idea why slaxx would revive crypto.
he was playing bad

this is a scumslip?
Not never dead.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Parama »

"Everyone but bobsnox" is 100% guaranteed to contain at least one scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:41 am

Post by bobsnox »

lol more than one since I'm not scum.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am

Post by kiwieagle »

But do we know who they are?
Not never dead.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 am

Post by bobsnox »

lolyou
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Parama »

No, but you just claimed that you don't give a damn about who's revived as long as they're not the PR that's (according to my theory) the most dangerous to scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”