[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by bobsnox »

HH - that doesn't really help... If he's confscum you should be able to describe why in a concise manner.
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Horrifying Hero »

The concise version?

Wicked is living, breathing scum who bleeds off scumtells in every single one of his posts.

Seriously, there's no more concise way than that.

The only way to describe it other than that is to quote every post Wicked's done and explain exactly why he's scum. And I do mean it--I can quote every single post he's done and point out all the scumminess within. He has literally zero town posts this game.
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by el simo »

So pick the main ones and enlighten us.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Wickedestjr wrote:Y'know what. I really like the HH bandwagon- even better than my tarsonisocelot vote.
Unvote. Vote: Horrifying Hero

My reasons:
-They've stated two suspicions but haven't explained either of them and haven't made any effort to convince others to follow their vote for me.
-They haven't posted a lot recently. This is especially strange considering they were pretty active the day the game started.
-They are a miller. That, itself, isn't suspicious, but a miller's allignment can't be determined via cop investigation. So we determine their allignment based solely on their play during the day. Horrifying Hero, however, is giving us hardly anything to work with. They're playing with their cards too close to their chest. That isn't the way that a miller should be playing this game.

I still suspect tarsonisocelot, but I'm not explaining why until 2-3 more players post in the thread.

Will you explain now? Pretty please?
And please don't refer to me as him as you did in your previous post.

Also, HH, even listing the scumtells from a couple of posts would be helpful.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Amor »

Votecount

Kid Know Nothing - 5 (YankCane151, Yonzy, avasthearties, bobsnox, el simo)

Horrifying Hero - 3 (Lobster Catapult, ConfidAnon, Wickedestjr)
Wickedestjr - 1 (Horrifying Hero)
el simo - 1 (tarsonisocelot)
avasthearties - 1 (Kid Know Nothing)
ConfidAnon - 1 (hezlucky)

Not voting: Dizzle.

Deadline is July 30 at midnight EST.

Now looking for a replacement for Dizzle.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Horrifying Hero wrote:By the way, main reason we haven't been posting stuff, is we're observing things. Looking for the final scum.

Then how are we supposed to determine
your
allignment?

Horrifying Hero wrote:
The question I have to ask: why?

Why not? ;)

Answer the question, please.

Horrifying Hero wrote:
KKN wrote:What did you learn through the fake claim?

The alignment of almost the entire playerlist, naturally. :D

And how did your fakeclaim tell you all that?

YankCane151 wrote:If we're going off gut reads, I can attest that something seems off about Wicked. I get kind of the vibe that he's trying to hard to look town or something, but I can't put real logic behind it at the moment.

You might be interested in taking a look at my previous games.

Horrifying Hero wrote:The only way to describe it other than that is to quote every post Wicked's done and explain exactly why he's scum. And I do mean it--I can quote every single post he's done and point out all the scumminess within. He has literally zero town posts this game.

I don't believe that you are capable of doing this. Try and prove me wrong.

tarsonisocelot wrote:Will you explain now? Pretty please?
And please don't refer to me as him as you did in your previous post.

Okay sure. Sorry for referring to you as him. Let's take a look at your posts in iso:

Post 0: Confirmation post.
Post 1: Response to my questions in the RVS and a random vote.
Post 2: Question directed to HezLucky asking how scum whining is different from town frustration.
Post 3: She asks me why I suspect her, requested that I call her a she, and says that it would be helpful if HH listed the scumtells from a couple of posts.

...and that's it. My summary of each post didn't leave anything out. Anyone notice what this iso is missing? Suspicions. A vote. Any thoughts regarding the game. tarsonisocelot hasn't given us anything to work with and aside from 2-3 questions (there was no follow-up to the only answered question), hasn't done any scumhunting. She's scum.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Not gonna lie - I expected the fake claim. I've been in a game where it's been done before.

I'm curious to see your reads and reasons behind your reads. A gambit is meaningless without gained information to back it up.

YankCane151 wrote:If we're going off gut reads, I can attest that something seems off about Wicked. I get kind of the vibe that he's trying to hard to look town or something, but I can't put real logic behind it at the moment.

HH isn't off the hook yet until he turns that claim into something usable - but this is more voteworthy.

UNVOTE: Horrifying Hero
VOTE: YankCane151

You didn't mention any suspicion of Wicked until HH came clean about the fakeness of his claim, and said that Wicked was scum. While there aren't any votes on the table yet, this sounds like setting yourself up to blatantly bandwagon off of HH's case.

I also notice that besides your random vote at the beginning of the game for Kid Know Nothing, you have not made a serious vote as of yet. It also happens that Horrifying Hero called for the wagon on Kid Know Nothing to disband. Your lack of votes, plus your newfound sheeping on Horrifying Hero, reads like confused scum not finding a good place for a vote, so your just going for whatever an experienced player says. After all, he had a GAMBIT. He must know what's going on! (sarcasm) By letting Horrifying Hero direct your vote, you could be trying to evade HH's eye by staying out of his way.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hmm.... I like ConfidAnon's points against YankCane. ConfidAnon, what do you think of tarsonisocelot after reading my points against him?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Post by HezLucky »

bobsnox wrote:HH - that doesn't really help... If he's confscum you should be able to describe why in a concise manner.

I disagree with this.

Horrifying Hero wrote:Wicked is living, breathing scum who bleeds off scumtells in every single one of his posts.

My meta on Wicked is that he's actually very good at nailing entire scumteams, so I would prefer to leave him alive at least one more day.

Horrifying Hero wrote:The only way to describe it other than that is to quote every post Wicked's done and explain exactly why he's scum. And I do mean it--I can quote every single post he's done and point out all the scumminess within. He has literally zero town posts this game.

You don't have to do every post, since I won't read it, but please pick a few and do so.

wicked wrote:...and that's it. My summary of each post didn't leave anything out. Anyone notice what this iso is missing? Suspicions. A vote. Any thoughts regarding the game. tarsonisocelot hasn't given us anything to work with and aside from 2-3 questions (there was no follow-up to the only answered question), hasn't done any scumhunting. She's scum.

This is true and voteworthy.

ConfidAnon wrote:I also notice that besides your random vote at the beginning of the game for Kid Know Nothing, you have not made a serious vote as of yet. It also happens that Horrifying Hero called for the wagon on Kid Know Nothing to disband. Your lack of votes, plus your newfound sheeping on Horrifying Hero, reads like confused scum not finding a good place for a vote, so your just going for whatever an experienced player says. After all, he had a GAMBIT. He must know what's going on! (sarcasm) By letting Horrifying Hero direct your vote, you could be trying to evade HH's eye by staying out of his way.

Real scumhunting plus you are going on my original gutread. This is MORE voteworthy.

Unvote, Vote: YankCane
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wickedestjr wrote:Hmm.... I like ConfidAnon's points against YankCane. ConfidAnon, what do you think of tarsonisocelot after reading my points against him?

It's a good line of thought - however, I like my vote on YankCane better right now. tarsonisocelot is a good person to keep an eye on because of the things you mentioned (if this were on, say, page 12 it would be an even stronger point), but like I said, I like my Yank vote for now.

However, I would give it a strong
FoS: tarsonisocelot

tars - according to you, who's scum?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

Post by YankCane151 »

ConfidAnon wrote:

HH isn't off the hook yet until he turns that claim into something usable - but this is more voteworthy.

UNVOTE: Horrifying Hero
VOTE: YankCane151

You didn't mention any suspicion of Wicked until HH came clean about the fakeness of his claim, and said that Wicked was scum. While there aren't any votes on the table yet, this sounds like setting yourself up to blatantly bandwagon off of HH's case.

I also notice that besides your random vote at the beginning of the game for Kid Know Nothing, you have not made a serious vote as of yet. It also happens that Horrifying Hero called for the wagon on Kid Know Nothing to disband. Your lack of votes, plus your newfound sheeping on Horrifying Hero, reads like confused scum not finding a good place for a vote, so your just going for whatever an experienced player says. After all, he had a GAMBIT. He must know what's going on! (sarcasm) By letting Horrifying Hero direct your vote, you could be trying to evade HH's eye by staying out of his way.

First, I was questioning Wicked before HH did his fakeclaim reveal. HH is not directing my vote and my gutread is just that, a gutread.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Yank - questioning =/= expressing suspicion.

Besides, your questions were only in response to his questions.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Hez, You were after Anon until he finally agreed with you on something. I believe you're letting him direct your vote. Is it possible bussing during RVS then teaming later? Sure, but I can't say that for certain yet. #118 is trying to look town but really says nothing "I did an Iso, see! So what they have 3 posts?" (There's no need to brag about doing an ISO, it just screams of looking for towncred), when you were/are voting me for such. #90 Contradicts #50 about unfair scumtells. You wrap up that quote on #50 with "But it's all cool, no worries" (did the same in #67). This gives me a vibe of not trying to offend anyone. Do you see the contradictions with your case on me and your own play? (Keep in mind I think your whole argument is based one 1-2 posts while I can name multiple where you're doing the same thing as me)

Unvote, Vote:Hezlucky
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am

Post by YankCane151 »

ConfidAnon wrote:Yank - questioning =/= expressing suspicion.

Besides, your questions were only in response to his questions.

Questioning is how I scumhunt (see that post in the RQS), so to me it is. I don't find the need to go all out and say "So and so is scum!" right away because 1 I assume it's assumed I suspect them by questioning them and 2 because who cares if someone says I'm not suspecting someone? The fact that the questions were after his questions does not make them magically not valid, unless we want to play that way in which we should just throw out half of the posts of the last 3 pages or so.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Wicked, I see alot of you asking people for their suspicions but I really haven't seen anyone ask you it (I get the general gist, me and Tarson), but do you have an official list?
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

HezLucky wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm not sure how differently mafia whining about being wagoned for playstyle and townie frustration over being wagoned for playstyle are supposed to present. Could you clarify the differences between them (preferably but not necessarily with reference to this game)?

Do you know the difference between whining and being frustrated? One has a hint of anger towards it, and it's not the former.

Why would scum whine but not be frustrated if caught for something they feel is not a scumtell?
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
HezLucky wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm not sure how differently mafia whining about being wagoned for playstyle and townie frustration over being wagoned for playstyle are supposed to present. Could you clarify the differences between them (preferably but not necessarily with reference to this game)?

Do you know the difference between whining and being frustrated? One has a hint of anger towards it, and it's not the former.

Why would scum whine but not be frustrated if caught for something they feel is not a scumtell?

tars - who is scum?
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

ConfidAnon wrote:
tars - according to you, who's scum?

I don't know yet. Maybe yankcane, the points about their reaction to HH's gambit seem valid.
I do have a bad feeling about Wicked, but I want to wait a few RL days before deciding if that's actually merited by the tone/content of their posts or whether it's a knee-jerk reaction to them voting for me while saying "I have a case and I won't tell you!".
Maybe yonzy, the "Is it still RVS? I didn't notice! vote:random" thing was odd.

Wicked, it's a bit early in the game to claim anything definite based on a lack of stated suspicions. I never know what to do as any alignment early game and need more information than you appear to to develop a list of reads.

I ask questions to get people to clarify what they mean and provide more information to evaluate them on. And I try to ask in a non-confrontational manner where possible, so you are likely to find conditional words in my question sentences - to HH, who still has not explained their Wicked vote, for example.

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Tarson: Do you think Hez is trying to appear pro-town, or alternatively, trying not to offend anyone (like he accused me of on that miller reaction you referred to)?
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

YankCane151 wrote:Tarson: Do you think Hez is trying to appear pro-town, or alternatively, trying not to offend anyone (like he accused me of on that miller reaction you referred to)?

They're posting very actively, and it's hard to dislike anything about lasers (except the electricity bill and the scorched walls), but a lot of their posts have been random so far. I really don't think they're trying to avoid offending people - see "Did it really take you 8 minutes to write that?" and other remarks.
Could be trying to appear pro-town or could be town distracted by their own "SCUM LAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZER".
Waiting to hear more.

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

If there's a chance Hez is contradicting himself by doing such(trying to appear town), then how are the points against my reaction valid? (Or rather, any more valid than the case against Hez, which you didn't mention in #142)
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Amor »

Rainbowdash replaces Dizzle, effective immediately.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

There was a Dizzle in this game? Whoa.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Hey everypony! Word in Equestria is that you need some help, sure is a good thing im here!

Will have this all read in 10 seconds flat.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

You seem to have quite the problem with ponies not doing anything in this town. Is that standard or did I fly in here during an "off" week?

I realize that we have some Derpy Hooves types like Yonzy here that are more of a threat to themselves than friendship, but a few others are getting by much more slyly.

Vote Kid Know Nothing

He has done nothing useful in this game but attempt to trap people with shadows of overaggression when its actually pro-town to ask questions about why votes exist. He also is passively attacking punching bag Derpy, which is far more mallicious than voting for them. It feels like egging a wagon on, when that would best be served by actually voting there. Now I know everyone is going to be all like "But Rainbow, he already is voting for somepony!". Well yeah he is, but he is doing nothing to further that case, just sitting on it.

*whew* see

10 seconds.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”