Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:19 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi’s Dystopia of Death

Moderator: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator: Nexus

Game Over: Flawless Scum Victory!

It has been a year since the great flash, that explosion of star energy that killed nearly every living thing on the planet. Now, a few of the (un?)fortunate survivors have found one another amidst the chaos and wreckage of a world annihilated. Seven of you survivors are pure in heart, looking out only for the best interests for one another in the hopes that humanity might rebuild its great civilization. Two of you, however, are hoping only to solidify your power in order to ride out the hellish years ahead in this post-apocalyptic dystopia, and are prepared to do so through any means necessary…including murder. And so you must seek out those two and rid them from your midst if there is to be any hope for humanity’s future.

Lucky you.

The Roster:

paradox*
Johhog

AeRyung***

SoulBlade*
DH-Star*
Kondi2424*
4nxi3ty

theamatuer

BKWM*
Stels**

etanga
Morthas*

ConSpiracy (SE)*

Ibarra
hiplop (SE)

Ghostlin (IC)

Bolded = confirmed
An asterisk denotes a prod

Semi-Experienced have at least two finished MafiaScum.net games under their belt. Inexperience-Challenged players are players who are vetted by a site administrator and have at least five completed MafiaScum.net games under their belt. They are here to help teach the game. Their conduct is governed by the guidelines in the wiki article “Being a Good IC.”

The Living:

Johhog
ConSpiracy

The Dead:

Ghostlin, Town-Aligned Jailkeeper, barbequed rotisserie style on Day One
hiplop, Vanilla Townsperson, shot on Night One
theamatuer, Vanilla Townsperson, boiled in tea on Day Two
Morthas, Town-Aligned Doctor, poisoned on Night Two
4nxi3ty, Vanilla Townsperson, lynched on Day Three
Stels, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three
AeRyung, Vanilla Townsperson, endgamed on Day Three

The Slain-By-My-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled):

None, and let's keep it that way.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 am, edited 42 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup:

The 2of4 setup is a test game format we're trying out in newbie games to get around balance issues with the F11 setup. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these newbie games are semi-open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below:

• 1 mafia role cop
• 1 mafia goon
• 5 townies
• 2 of the following with no duplicates possible:
o 1 town cop
o 1 town doctor
o 1 town jailkeeper
o 1 townie

Keep the following in mind:
1. The role cop has the option of submitting both the night kills and investigations, even when the goon is still alive. However, only the role cop may submit investigations.
2. Mafia must specify who is performing what night action when the actions are submitted!

Possible Role PMs:

MAFIA ROLECOP

Welcome, Player X. You are a MAFIA ROLECOP. Your buddy, Player Y, is a mafia goon. Together, you are trying to kill off the town, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Post. You may post in the thread as much as you wish during the Day.

-Vote. During the Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched.

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 24 real-life hours of Day One.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

-Investigate. Once per Night, you (and only you) may notify the Moderator who you wish to investigate that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Role Cop: Player Z”). If you are successful, you will be returned a result of the player’s exact role (“Vanilla Townie, “Cop,” “Doctor,” or “Jailkeeper.”). If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself or your buddy.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here: (link)

MAFIA GOON

Welcome, Player Y. You are a MAFIA GOON. Your buddy, Player X, is a mafia rolecop. Together, you are trying to kill the town off, one by one. You have the following abilities:

-Night Talk. During Night, you may communicate with your buddy in this QuickTopic: (link). You are not allowed to use the QuickTopic during the Day. You are not allowed to communicate privately with your buddy about this game outside of the QuickTopic. You may also communicate with your buddy in the QuickTopic for the first 24 real-life hours of Day One.

-Factional Kill. Once per Night, one of you may notify the Moderator who you wish to kill that Night. You may do so either via PM or by writing your target’s name in bold type in the QuickTopic (ie, “Kill: Player Z”). Either you or your buddy may submit the kill. If you are successful, that player will die.

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent the same, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here: (link)

TOWN COP

Welcome, Player A. You are a TOWN COP. You have the following abilities:

-Investigate. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to investigate. If you are successful, you will receive a reply of either “Player Z is Mafia” or “Player Z is not Mafia.” If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a reply stating as such. If you receive a result, it is guaranteed to be accurate. You may not investigate yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here: (link)

TOWN DOCTOR

Welcome, Player B. You are a TOWN DOCTOR. You have the following abilities:

-Protect. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to protect. If you are successful, that player will be immune from an attempt on their life that Night. You will not be informed if your protection was successful or not. You may not protect yourself.

You win when the Mafia faction has been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player remains alive, even if you yourself are dead. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting “/confirm” in the game thread, which may be found here: (link)

TOWN JAILKEEPER

Welcome, Player C. You are a TOWN JAILKEEPER. You have the following abilities:

-Jail. Once per Night, you may submit to the Moderator via PM the name of a player you would like to jail. If you are successful, that player’s night actions (if any) will be unsuccessful, and attempts to kill that player (if any) will be unsuccessful. Attempts to investigate or protect the player will be successful. You may not jail yourself.

VANILLA TOWNIE

Welcome, Player D. You are a VANILLA TOWNIE. You have the following abilities:

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Rules (loosely based on Nexus’s ruleset):

General

1. BLUE is the Moderator’s color. Don’t try to impersonate me, you will regret it.
2. Please adhere to the site rules. This includes playing to your win condition.
3. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
4. Do not discuss or link to other ongoing games in this thread.
5. Day phases will have fixed three-week (21-day) deadlines.
6. Night phases will have three-day (72-hour) deadlines. At Night, this thread will be locked.
7. Any deadlines may be modified solely at the moderator’s discretion.
8. Do not quote PM's from the moderator (including QTs and timestamps) or cookies-based information (such as “Last Visited the Site”). Paraphrasing PM’s from the mod is acceptable.
9. Flavor is flavor. It is there to entertain you. Do us all a favor and don’t read anything into it.
10. If you have any questions about your role or the setup, please feel free to PM the moderator.

Voting:

1. All votes must look like this:
Vote: DarthYoshi
OR
Unvote. Vote: DarthYoshi
2. To retract your vote without re-voting, simply post:
Unvote.

3. Any and all votes will be counted, but voting tricks are not acceptable. I will ask you to explicitly confirm a vote if necessary before it is added to the official vote count.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch.
A majority “No Lynch” vote will send the game to Night.
5. A lynch will occur once a majority is reached amongst the living players. For an odd number of living players, a majority is 50% rounded up. For an even number of living players, a majority is 50% + 1 to lynch and 50% to no lynch. Once a majority is reached, the lynching is final and no amount of voting or unvoting will change it. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur, and the game shall go to Night.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I lock the thread and post the death scene. All players, including the one being lynched, may post content during twilight. Roles with night talk may not communicate until the death scene has been posted.

Activity:

1. I expect you to post at least once every 72 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. Prods will be announced in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, either in thread or via PM, I will replace you (unless you respond before a replacement is then found).
2. Similarly, if you get prodded three times, and require a fourth, I shan't bother with the fourth prod, instead simply replacing you.
3. 3. To declare V/LA status, simply post in bold the dates that you expect to be absent or have a limited presence in the game. This time will not count against you for prod deadlines. At the moderator's discretion, if the declared V/LA time is too long (typically more than a week IRL), or if V/LA time is taken too frequently (typically more than half of a gameday, i.e., 10-11 IRL days) the moderator may ask you to replace out.

Mechanics:

1. Confirm PM receipt in thread. Once 8 of 9 players have confirmed, the game will begin.
2. Do not edit your posts, and do not use small, encrypted, invisible, or hard to read text.
3. Thy Mod is thy God, blah blah blah…actually, the Mod is human, and the Mod may make mistakes (ITT, the Mod also refers to himself in the third person...). Please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes that can be reversed will be. Mistakes that cannot be reversed will be commiserated over during postgame.
4. To communicate with the Mod, PM me or write in bold in this thread so that I’ll see it.
5. When you die, you no longer get to post or vote in this game. The dead do not speak.
6. All night actions will be resolved in this order: Jail, Protect/Investigate/Rolecop, Kill.
7. My rule is final. I also reserve the right to add, change or remove rules at my discretion. I will, of course, let you know if/when I do.
8. Violating any of these rules may subject you to sanctions, up to and including involuntary replacement or being modkilled. Being modkilled means that you die, and your win condition is retroactively changed to 3rd Party Survivor, so you automatically lose. A town modkill ends the Day and sends the game to Night. A scum modkill does not end the Day.
9. The complete setup and a full record of night actions will be released at the game’s conclusion. Feedback is both welcome and encouraged at that time.
10. Finally, and most importantly, THIS IS A GAME. I will NOT tolerate personal insults, slurs, and attacks. First time gets you a warning. Second time (or first, depending on the severity) gets you involuntarily replaced. So, play nice, play civilly, play to win, and have fun.

This game has a day start. Day One will begin when 8 of 9 players have confirmed their participation in this thread. No votes will be counted before then, but feel free to chatter.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:31 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Role PMs are being sent out in the order of the roster in the original post. Once all Role PMs are out, this thread will be unlocked.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

All Role PMs are out. The deadline to lynch is currently set to:

9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7) on Friday, August 12.

For the purposes of votecounting, Day One will begin when 8 of 9 players have confirmed.

Thread is being unlocked now.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

ConSpiracy and etanga have 48 hours to confirm their participation, or they risk being involuntarily replaced.

Thank you to all of you for confirming in a timely manner--I hope to have the game kicked off in full very soon. Depending on when we have an 8th player confirmed, I may adjust the lynch deadline accordingly.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #15 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

ConSpiracy wrote:Jeez, you are pushy Darth.
/confirm

It actually had nothing to do with that--I realized it was the weekend and wanted to give people as much advance notice as possible because activity tends to drop on weekends (at least in my experience). Ordinarily, I wouldn't have issued that warning until 24 hours before. I apologize for pushing your buttons like that, I was really just trying to help.

In any event, 8 of 9 have confirmed, so the game is officially on. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch. The deadline is now set for:

Noon (12:00 pm), Pacific Daylight Time, Saturday, August 13.

Good luck, everyone.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the First

Paradox (2): BKWM, Ghostlin
Etanga (1): theamatuer
ConSpiracy (1): Ibarra
AeRyung (1): SoulBlade
Not Voting (4): paradox, AeRyung, etanga, ConSpiracy

etanga has roughly 24 hours to confirm before being involuntarily replaced.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline to lynch is currently set for 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), on Saturday, August 13.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:07 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Second

Paradox (1): Ghostlin
Morthas (1): theamatuer
ConSpiracy (1): Ibarra
AeRyung (1): SoulBlade
SoulBlade (1): AeRyung
AeRyung (1): BKWM
theamatuer (1): ConSpiracy
Not Voting (2): paradox, Morthas

etanga has failed to confirm participation in 72 hours and has been replaced by Morthas. Thanks, Morthas!

@BKWM: Just an FYI, you are not required to unvote before re-voting. It is helpful, but not required.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline to lynch is currently set for 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), on Saturday, August 13.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Third

BKWM (2): SoulBlade, theamatuer
AeRyung (1): BKWM
theamatuer (2): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin
Not Voting (4): paradox, Morthas, AeRyung, Ibarra

FTR, Ghostlin, I had to actually think about it to realize who you were voting for when I first saw your vote. Since you clarified it later, I'm counting it, but had you not, I would have asked for clarification. To my (admittedly warped and definitely uncaffeinated) mind, that was not an abbreviation that immediately made sense to me. Sorry for needing you to humor me on this one. :)

Prodding paradox.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch, and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for: 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), Saturday, August 13.

Last edited by DarthYoshi on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #79 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

paradox wrote:Hey Sorry, I am on a short family trip. My timezone remains the same.
I WILL be active.
I have read everything and found nothing suspicious.

paradox,

if you feel so inclined, let me know (via PM if you wish) the dates of your trip so that I can count them as V/LA time and not against your 72-hour prod time. Feel free to let me know if/when circumstances like that arise in the future as well. Short absences within reason are fine and completely understandable, just let me know. Enjoy the trip. -DY

Additionally, to everyone:

Notification of a rules change:

After paradox replied, I realized checking my ruleset that I had forgotten to add a point under the activity section of declaring vacation/limited access. That is poor planning on my part, and I apologize to all of you and especially to paradox. I have inserted the following rule to the ruleset:

3. To declare V/LA status, simply post in bold the dates that you expect to be absent or have a limited presence in the game. This time will not count against you for prod deadlines. At the moderator's discretion, if the declared V/LA time is too long (typically more than a week IRL), or if V/LA time is taken too frequently (typically more than half of a gameday, i.e., 10-11 IRL days) the moderator may ask you to replace out.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Self voting is not a modkillable offense.

Initiating a search to replace Ibarra.

Prodding ConSpiracy.

I will have a fresh vote count up tomorrow. As ever, any questions or concerns, let me know!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:52 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fourth

BKWM (3): SoulBlade, theamatuer, Morthas
Morthas (1): BKWM
Not Voting (3): paradox, AeRyung, Ibarra

The deadline is currently set for: 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), Saturday, August 13.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Hiplop replaces Ibarra, and automatically gets to sit at the cool kids' table because he has a Yoshi avatar. Thanks, Hiplop!

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #125 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fifth

BKWM (3): SoulBlade, Morthas, AeRyung
Morthas (1): BKWM
theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, theamatuer
paradox (1): hiplop
Not Voting (1): paradox

Prodding BKWM.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #141 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

BKWM has failed to pick up his prod. Initiating a search for a replacement.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

That was a mercifully quick search--Stels replaces BKWM. Thanks, Stels!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Sixth

Stels (2): Morthas, AeRyung
theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, Stels
Ghostlin (1): hiplop
ConSpiracy (1): SoulBlade
SoulBlade (1): theamatuer

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #181 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Seventh

Ghostlin (3): hiplop, Morthas, AeRyung

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #198 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

ConSpiracy wrote:

@mod
, please replace paradox. He doesn't do anything and hasn't posted for 4 days and 19 hours right now.

Working on it. Will let you know when I've found one.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Johhog replaces paradox. Thanks, Johhog!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #233 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

AeRyung wrote:I guess I'm more used to writing noob because of all the games that I play. It's usually used for insults against the other player.

Also, @Soulblade: you haven't posted anything since the 1st, and your last login was the 3rd.

Correct you are. Prodding SoulBlade.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #243 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Stels wrote:

@Mod: VC please? Also possible prod on Ghostlin if he doesn't post today (Friday).

The current VC is unchanged from the last one I posted (which would be why I hadn't posted a new one):
Not Voting (1): Johhog

And I appreciate the vigilance, but neither Ghostlin or Morthas are close to prod range.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #247 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:43 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Stels wrote:
@Mod: It just helps to have a VC every now and then, instead of going back 3-4 pages to find it. Sorry if that offends you in any way, the tone and such.

No, no, no offense taken. I'll keep it in mind if we go a stretch of another couple of pages w/out any vote changes.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #252 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Eighth

Ghostlin (4): hiplop, Morthas, AeRyung, theamatuer
Not Voting (1): Johhog

The deadline is currently set for 12:00 noon (Pacific Daylight Time), Saturday, August 13.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #263 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

AeRyung wrote:
@MOD: As a mod, do you keep up with whats going on regarding the storyline of people accusing eachother and questioning for suspicion? Is it fun? boring? I can picture mods eating a bag of potato chips as they read and laugh devilishly at what goes on in these games, muahhahaha

Y'all are pretty entertaining. :)

Initiating a search to replace SoulBlade.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #265 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

DH-Star replaces SoulBlade. Thanks!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #301 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Ninth

ConSpiracy (1): DH-Star
Not Voting (2): Johhog, theamatuer

The deadline is currently set for 12:00 noon (Pacific Daylight Time), Saturday, August 13.

Last edited by DarthYoshi on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #354 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Current VC (unchanged from previous)

ConSpiracy (1): DH-Star
Not Voting (2): Johhog, theamatuer

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #365 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

DH-Star wrote:
Prod Conspiracy, please
(although I have a feeling DY is already on the ball). He hasn't posted in over 3 days so yeh.

CS indeed declared V/LA for the weekend, so he has 48+ hours to post from now to avoid the wrath of my almighty, uh, prod powers.

~Your On-the-Ball, Off-the-Wall Mod
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #400 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Tenth

Ghostlin (4): hiplop, Morthas, theamatuer, Johhog
ConSpiracy (1): AeRyung
Not Voting (1): DH-Star

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #462 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Eleventh

A lynch has been reached.

Ghostlin (5): hiplop, Morthas, theamatuer, Johhog, Stels

Not Voting (1): DH-Star

Stay tuned for the death scene and Ghostlin's flip.

Last edited by DarthYoshi on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #463 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The nine survivors of this cheesily-written, DY-induced apocalypse eventually straggled together, realizing that they would have to eliminate the two amongst them who bore the other survivors ill will. Thirsty, tired, and hungry, but armed with this somber realization, they began arguing hoarsely back and forth with one another over who the first person to be eliminated should be, before eventually settling on a person originally thought to have been one of the wisest and most experienced among them…Ghostlin.

“Wait…why are we hanging him?” croaked theamatuer.

“Because he’s scum!” came the vehement reply from hiplop.

“No, no, I mean…why are we hanging him as opposed to, say, barbequing him rotisserie style? I’m soooo hungry…”

“You’re sick, you know that?” retorted Morthas, in between bits of drool that were forming on his lips at the thought of such a rich meal.

“I don’t care, you twerp, as long as you vote with me!”

“Fine, fine, let’s barbeque him”

“I’ll help,” volunteered Johhog.

“Wait, we still need another person to help rotate the spit.”

At that moment Stels stepped forward, posing like a brave, chivalrous superhero. Or, at least, as much as a tired, starved victim of the apocalypse can pose like a superhero. “Allow me,” he said in a hoarse, yet gallant, voice.

Throughout this entire proceeding Ghostlin was amazingly and admirably dignified, and after claiming his identity, he went to his death in silence, giving away no clues as to his true alignment…

It was only when he had been put on the spit, and was being rotated over so that his other side could be done to a nice medium-rare, that a pair of (non-furry) handcuffs fell out of his pants pocket and into the fire…but even then, everyone had seen them, and realized their grave mistake.

Ghostlin,
Town-Aligned Jailkeeper
, was barbequed, rotisserie style, on Day One.

It is now Night One. Players with access to QTs may now use them. Any and all night actions must be submitted to me by 9:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Sunday, August 14.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #464 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The night brought little comfort to the eight weary survivors as they huddled to make camp for the evening. Indeed, they knew that in the dark, anything was possible, and so they sagely decided to set up shifts for someone to stand guard over the rest.

Needless to say, such feeble efforts at security did little to help this little band of people tonight. While it was clearly remembered by all involved that hiplop did indeed rise for his shift of guard duty on time, when his shift was over, he was found dead, shot (apparently with a silencer), and slumped over against the rock he had been leaning against. There was a hastily-written note hung around his neck. It read:

We didn't even get a chance to enjoy after-dinner drinks together at last night's friendly barbeque--so, here's the dessert we meant to bring.

After Ghostlin's comically brutal death as delicatessan-style cuisine, the point of this dark note was starkly clear to everyone present--they would be shown no mercy by the two renegade killers in their midst who were determined to exterminate human civilization for good.

Unfortunately, those two took one step closer to that diabolical goal tonight.

hiplop,
Vanilla Townsperson
, was shot on Night One.

It is now Day Two. The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, September 4. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch, and 4 to no-lynch.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #488 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

theamatuer wrote:MOD: DH-star hasn't posted since tuesday, so 3 days until end of night 1. Is status reset, or should you prod him?

The prod clock gets reset at the start of a new game day. I did send a "mass-prod" PM letting folks know that D2 has begun, but that doesn't count towards a player's prod count. Thanks for checking.

~DY
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #499 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

I stopped by to be the votecount man and saw that this post would be at the very bottom of the page, mitigating its utility as a votecount post. So I am blatantly using it as filler so that I can make a new VC at the very tippy top of the next page. Please carry on.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #500 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the First

DH-Star (1): Theamatuer
Not Voting (6): Everyone else

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, September 4.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #514 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

AeRyung wrote:
@MOD: Darth, you are so considerate. Thank you.

Nah, I just like seeing my name at the top. :P

Thank you. :)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #516 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding DH-Star.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #518 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

theamatuer wrote:I bet DH-star isn't going to answer either. Why don't you modkill that spot instead of finding a new replacement?

I bet he's scum and I bet we're all going to ignore the new replacement too.
/rage

Flaking is almost always a replaceable, but not a modkillable, offense. About the only circumstances in which I would consider modkilling a vacant playslot would be as an absolute last resort if a game ground to an absolute halt because I could find no replacement player after an very long and increasingly desperate search. This is not such a game--yes, there have been lots of replacements needed, but those replacement players generally stepped up very promptly when I announced a vacancy, which is totally clutch and awesome.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #525 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:38 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Second

DH-Star (1): Theamatuer
Theamatuer (1): ConSpiracy
Not Voting (4): Everyone else

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, September 4.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #532 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

initiating a search to replace dh star.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #542 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:15 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding Morthas.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #545 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Kondi2424 replaces DH-Star, and DY is relieved to not have to find a replacement for Morthas, too. :P

Thanks, guys!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #551 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:06 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Third

Kondi2424 (1): Theamatuer
Theamatuer (1): ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy (2): AeRyung, Morthas
Morthas (1): Stels
Not Voting (2): Kondi2424, Johhog

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #567 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:46 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Johhog wrote:Oh, you're right. Confused right now, heh.
Only prod Kondi then. Thank you.

Kondi still has a couple hours before hitting prod range. I'll prod then.

@CS: Noted your V/LA, but a week is pushing it--if it gets any longer, I may need to look into a replacement.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #569 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:04 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Johhog wrote:Sorry, I was used to the usual "prod upon request after 48 hours" rule and forgot you didn't use it here. Oh well.

It's fine. Prodding Kondi now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #576 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Morthas wrote:
@Mod:Uh oh, Is this a bad time to announce my 5 day V/LA? Starting in a few hours until 27th

Going to go on a mini ''holiday'' in another town.

:headdesk :P

Noted--enjoy your trip. :)

Initiating a search to replace Kondi. Le sigh.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #577 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

4nxi3ty replaces Kondi2424. Thanks!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #586 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:29 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding AeRyung.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #603 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Fourth

4nxi3ty (1): Theamatuer
Theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty, Johhog

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #628 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:34 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Stels has notified me via PM that he needs to be V/LA through the weekend due to computer repairs.

AeRyung is officially off the prod-hook, and the replacement-weary mod is officially very grateful for that.

Current Vote Count (unchanged from the previous one) is below:

4nxi3ty (1): Theamatuer

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #676 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

theamatuer wrote:And he was L-2. I think. We need a votecount.

Ask and ye shall receive (though this is the only changed vote between now and the previous VC ;) )

Day Two, Vote Count the Fifth

ConSpiracy (3): AeRyung, Morthas, theamatuer

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #705 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Sixth

4nxi3ty (1): theamatuer
Not voting (1): Morthas

ConSpiracy wrote:
@mod, are players with a night-action allowed to send them in before the night starts?

No. A lynch must be achieved first.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #722 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Seventh

Theamatuer (5): ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty, Johhog, Morthas, Stels

4nxi3ty (1): theamatuer

Stay tuned for the death scene and theamatuer's flip.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #723 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

As the sun beat down upon the seven remaining survivors as a stark reminder of what they had already survived and a heatedly uncomfortable reminder of what they still had to endure, debate turned once more to who they were going to execute today in the hopes of securing humanity's future. This time, two things were different--first, it was theamatuer, not Ghostlin, who was the focus of suspicion, and second, nobody felt hungry.

"Of course he's scum," shouted ConSpiracy. "This is a poorly-written game of mafia, and he is scum. If we were in a pond, he would be pond scum. If we were in a sink of dishes, he would be soap scum. If we were in...well, you get the idea, right?"

"Yeah, we do, CS, but could you not talk about water so much? Just makes me thirstier." replied 4nxi3ty.

"Sorry. But theamatuer is just sitting there drinking his tea, why aren't you pissed at him, too?"

"Wait, wait...isn't the human body supposed to be 80% water or something? That's what I learned in my elementary school science class...I mean, it's gotta be easier than taking water from a cactus," said Johhog as he took tweezers to yet another series of cacti needle pricks on his fingers.

"Dammit, Johhog," exclaimed Morthas, "You're even sicker than theamatuer was when he talked about barbequing Ghostlin!" But as Morthas said this, drool began to form once more at his lips.

"I don't care, you twerp, as long as you vote with me," retorted Johhog.

"Wait, what?" interjected Stels.

"Oh yeah, that's exactly what theamatuer said yesterday. I think our moderator is writing us in re-runs."

"Fine," said Morthas, "Either way, sure, I'll vote with you."

"Fine. Let's get this over with. Stels, do you wanna do your whole heroic vote shtick thing even though Morthas just dropped the hammer?"

"Oooooooh, yes, yes, yes! Wait, let me get my superhero costume!"

Stels ran off, but by the time he returned with his Mighty Thor costume that he saved through the apocalypse, theamatuer was already dead...the remaining players had taken theamatuer's pot of tea, boiled it to an exceedingly high temperature, and began pouring it over theamatuer until he succumbed to his burns.

Theamatuer may have been only vanilla, but in death, he remained on fire.

theamatuer,
Vanilla Townsperson
, was boiled alive on Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Players with access to QTs may now use them. Any and all night actions are due to me by 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, on Thursday, September 1.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #724 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

It had been another troubling day for the survivors as they laid down that night to futilely try to get some rest. But with what had been done to hiplop the night before, sleep was a luxury that they felt they could ill afford. Especially Morthas. You see, Morthas saw it as his job to protect the survivors from murders like that. And especially after Ghostlin was barbequed to death, Morthas knew he was the only one who could prevent the scum faction from performing its bloody work.

Kind of a lot on your plate when all your group has to work with is Stels's Mighty Thor costume, you know?

That night, Morthas was keeping his vigil over another player, when a figure appeared to him in the shadows. Weakly standing up, he faced the figure.

"What is it you want?"
"Oh...the same as before. It never changes."
"You mean how you killed hiplop?"
"Yes."
"Well...I cannot allow that this time."

At this, the figure laughed. "Who said anything about you allowing me to kill this particular one of your precious survivors? You betrayed yourself with how thirsty you showed yourself to be when we all killed theamatuer. Do you remember the water I then gave you for tonight?"

"Yes..." came the still weaker reply from Morthas.

The figure walked over to Morthas's canteen and shook it. It was nearly empty.

"Hmmm...looks like you don't have much time left. Physician, heal thyself." The figure reached over and slung something around Morthas's neck, and with that, the mysterious figure was gone.

When the survivors awoke in the morning, they found Morthas's body lying flat against the desert ground, with another note attached to him, which read,

Water, water everywhere, and not a drop
to
you should drink.

Morthas,
Town-Aligned Doctor,
was poisoned on Night Two.

It is now Day Three. The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, on Thursday, September 22. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no-lynch.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #750 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:01 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the First

Not voting (5): Everyone (okay, so it isn't much of a votecount :P)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no lynch. The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #760 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Your faithful mod is going to have limited access to the internet on Monday and Tuesday, so please bear with me if questions are asked and need answers or a new VC is needed, etc. I should be back to being able to check the thread at least daily on Wednesday. Thanks, everyone.

Edit: And in case a major issue does arise, Nexus (my backup mod) has been notified of my limited access.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #773 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

To clarify, yes, prods are after 72 hours of inactivity. Stels still has several hours, I think.

-DY's phone
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #780 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Hey y'all, I am back in action. A huge thank you to Nexus for holding down the fort the last couple of days.

No votes are currently out, and the deadline to lynch remains unchanged.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #782 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding AeRyung.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #799 (isolation #62) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

CS wrote:
@mod
, when is the deadline?

8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #801 (isolation #63) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:36 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Second

Johhog (1): 4nxi3ty
Not Voting (4): Johhog, ConSpiracy, AeRyung, Stels

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.

Prodding Stels.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #820 (isolation #64) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:18 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Third

4nxi3ty (1): Johhog
Not voting (3): AeRyung, Stels, ConSpiracy

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.

CS's V/LA is noted.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #825 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Fourth

Not voting (4): AeRyung, Stels, ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no lynch.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #827 (isolation #66) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding AeRyung.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #835 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Fifth

Not Voting (3): Stels, AeRyung, ConSpiracy

With 5 to lynch, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch.

CS's V/LA is noted. As before, though, a week V/LA is pushing it. If it is any longer, I reserve the right to force replace you.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #845 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Sixth

Johhog (2): 4nxi3ty, ConSpiracy
4nxi3ty (2): Johhog, Stels
Not Voting (1): AeRyung

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no-lynch.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #850 (isolation #69) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Seventh

4nxi3ty (3): Johhog, Stels, ConSpiracy

Not Voting (1): AeRyung

I apologize for the absence of flavor that is to follow, all I can say in my defense is that it is early, I have a long day of work, and I am completely uncaffeinated at the moment. :P If proper flavor is desired, I am more than happy to write some later today. But I figured y'all were more interested in learning who won. :)

4nxi3ty,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was lynched Day Three.

This leaves a 2-2 split between the Mafia and Town factions. Ergo...

Stels,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was endgamed Day Three.
AeRyung,
Vanilla Townsperson,
was endgamed Day Three.

A win condition has been reached. The MAFIA faction of CONSPIRACY (MAFIA GOON) and JOHHOG (MAFIA ROLECOP) is victorious with a flawless scum victory! Congratulations!

The full setup, list of night actions, and the mod's thoughts (such as they are) are forthcoming in the next post.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #851 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:09 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup

Mafia Rolecop: Johhog
Mafia Goon: ConSpiracy
Town-Aligned Doctor: Morthas
Town-Aligned Jailkeeper: Ghostlin
Vanilla Townspeople: AeRyung, 4nxi3ty, hiplop, Stels, theamatuer

The complete Role PMs are in the OP material.

Night Actions

Night One
ConSpiracy shoots Hiplop (successful)
Johhog rolecops Morthas (successful)
Morthas protects Johhog (successful, and ironic)

Night Two
ConSpiracy shoots Morthas (successful)
Johhog rolecops Stels (successful, and for, I quote, “the lulz”)
Morthas protects AeRyung (successful, but moot)

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/MDYj7ge74d2v7

The scum can release their QT if they so choose. Of course, I encourage them to do so.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #854 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

This was an interesting game to watch for a variety of reasons. The mafia faction had an experienced and extremely skilled player with ConSpiracy, and Johhog replacing in was likewise a boost for their side, I think, and town never quite caught up after lynching Ghostlin.

PRs played a huge role in this game. Johhog successfully rolecopped the only remaining PR on N1, and hiplop was killed in part because scum thought they saw a cop crumb from Ibarra, hiplop's predecessor. In the PR arena, scum used theirs extremely well, while Morthas was hit-and-miss--protecting Johhog obviously was a mistake, but if I were Morthas, I also would have protected AeRyung on N2.

I didn't quite understand how Ghosty got lynched on D1. Lynching claimed PRs on D1 is a risky business anyways (I personally prefer to let them live and then policy lynch them before LyLo if they aren't otherwise cleared), and when Ghosty claimed, I felt like somebody on the wagon should have backed off.

D2 was meh...AeRyung was dead on the money with CS = scum, but this was a good instance of a townie being right and not having the following to get her lynch preference eliminated.

LyLo was tough to watch--I thought town started out the day relatively well, but all the momentum and energy seemed to sap out of it as the day went on. This was most notable in AeRyung's play--she played a strongly obvtown game (exactly what you're supposed to do as VT) on D1 and D2, but her absences on D3 left the town without a strong collective townread to rely on, I think.

I know CS kept a running account of his thoughts to himself that he let me have access to (via PM), and if he decides to make that material available, there is some good stuff there too.

Finally, the sheer number of replacements also hurt the town, I think. A few replacements here and there can actually help the town, IMO, because it means a fresh set of eyes that the scum have to deceive, but too many replacements can prevent town from getting in a groove, and I think that happened here, whereas the scum only had to contend with one replacement (Johhog), and he replaced in fairly ably.

Please feel free to offer any feedback, positive or negative, about my modding. I greatly enjoy modding, and I def enjoyed modding this game. I plan to re-enter the mod queue again soon and will keep an eye out for y'all. A good game to everyone, and congratulations again to Johhog and CS.

Edit: It ended up being a moot point (because paradox replaced out), but at the scumteam's request, I gave them 48 hours instead of 24 hours of pre-game access to their QT, and I totally forgot to change the wording of the PMs to reflect that. Derp on me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #868 (isolation #72) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Thanks for the kind feedback, folks. :) Had a lot of fun with this game, thanks for playing.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #871 (isolation #73) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 869, ConSpiracy wrote:
DarthYoshi

Great modding. The thing at the strart of the day was a bit annoying, but I guess you were too excited to start it. Good activity and a good amount of votecounts. The replacements were found fast so that was also very enjoyable. A thing I wanted to ask, did you base this game on the reads of the newbie from Tasky? (you were IC in, I was JK) It seemed like that and there is a reason for it. VRK accidentally put me in your newbie game (when I wanted to see how ABR would play as SE). And I replaced in there. I used that game as an example of how I wanted to play in this game. As Morthas said, it is an easy play for scum, but it works (as shown).

Anyways, thanks every one for the great game!

Nope. The PRs included in this setup were given by VRK, and random.org chose the assignment of roles (though I must admit I was excited to see you drawing a scum slot, since I wanted to see how you'd play as scum), and even if it hadn't, it wouldn't have been possible for me to do so because I started my game during D1 of Tasky's.

In any case, I know to send the friendly-please-confirm reminder at 24 hours, not 48. :P

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”