Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fifth

BKWM (3): SoulBlade, Morthas, AeRyung
Morthas (1): BKWM
theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, theamatuer
paradox (1): hiplop
Not Voting (1): paradox

Prodding BKWM.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch, and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for: 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), Saturday, August 13.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Ghostlin wrote:
I find it scummy that she held off until she did. It's like going "I think this person is scum but..." if you've got a scum suspect, you should be voting for them. If you don't, you're either obvactivelurking, about to be replaced, or have no opinion, none of which helps town at all.

I didn't vote in the beginning because like I said before, I knew that the vote count would go up, and I assumed that it might become a lynch that shouldn't have happened. But I just voted because BKWM has not posted in two days or so after he's gotten his vote counts up and I'm getting impatient ^^.

@Ghostlin: Ghostlin, you're rather confusing me as an experienced player. First, you say we shouldn't vote someone without a good amount of info to avoid an unnecessary lynch, that's why I didn't vote. Then, you point your finger at me for being cautious on my vote and not voting after suspecting BKWM. I don't understand your logic in that.

Still waiting on BKWM as well. WHERE ARE JOO FELLOW NOOB?
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 am

Post by theamatuer »

BWKM hasn't logged on since thursday, so it's probably OK?, he's not lurking or anything.
I'll answer everyones suspicions in the meantime.
To CS: I know what you mean now, and I perfectly understand. I'll just ask everyone to not lynch anybody until we've got a really good reason and listened to their defenses, and warning them beforehand before hammering, just to listen to what they'll say. That should give us really good information to consider if we do lynch town by accident.
Its just whatever
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:53 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

theamatuer wrote:unvote
vote: theamatuer

<.<>.>
.................................................what?

What is this crap?
Ghostlin wrote:A thing to remember, folks is we're on Page 5 of Day 1--Day 2 will not start well with as little information we have. Please, even though it may be tempting to vote BK or TM at this point and lynch, we don't have enough future information for tomorrow and following Days.

This reads as if you know both of them will flip town so town needs more information.
AeRyung wrote:I didn't vote in the beginning because like I said before, I knew that the vote count would go up, and I assumed that it might become a lynch that shouldn't have happened. But I just voted because BKWM has not posted in two days or so after he's gotten his vote counts up and I'm getting impatient ^^.

@Ghostlin: Ghostlin, you're rather confusing me as an experienced player. First, you say we shouldn't vote someone without a good amount of info to avoid an unnecessary lynch, that's why I didn't vote. Then, you point your finger at me for being cautious on my vote and not voting after suspecting BKWM. I don't understand your logic in that.

You must stop pulling the newb card, it is getting rather scummy.
Ghostlin wrote:I find it scummy that she held off until she did. It's like going "I think this person is scum but..." if you've got a scum suspect, you should be voting for them. If you don't, you're either obvactivelurking, about to be replaced, or have no opinion, none of which helps town at all.

This is true.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 am

Post by theamatuer »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:A thing to remember, folks is we're on Page 5 of Day 1--Day 2 will not start well with as little information we have. Please, even though it may be tempting to vote BK or TM at this point and lynch, we don't have enough future information for tomorrow and following Days.

This reads as if you know both of them will flip town so town needs more information.

ummm.........
YES I AM TOTALLY INNOCENT AND STUFF.

To be serious now....
CS: I think that you are right with your analysis on Ghostlin. its certainly suspicious, but not neccesarily scum.
And I'll stop voting myself once somebody takes my place thank you
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am

Post by hiplop »

AeRyung wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:
I find it scummy that she held off until she did. It's like going "I think this person is scum but..." if you've got a scum suspect, you should be voting for them. If you don't, you're either obvactivelurking, about to be replaced, or have no opinion, none of which helps town at all.

I didn't vote in the beginning because like I said before, I knew that the vote count would go up, and I assumed that it might become a lynch that shouldn't have happened. But I just voted because BKWM has not posted in two days or so after he's gotten his vote counts up and I'm getting impatient ^^.

Thats not what he meant. What he meant was; we shouldn't end the day (kill somebody, get to majority etc) so early on. Votes are fine, as long as no one dies!

I have to disagree with you ConSpir, shes not using it as a defense, she merely is just confused, no need to get angry.

Not liking ghostlin atm, he doesn't seem to have the town's interest in heart. And seems to me like scumIC.

UNVOTE: VOTE: ghosty
third best scummer of all time
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Morthas »

I failed to mention this but i sometimes lose enthusiasm for this game for a few days when there are some events happening during life. Sorry for my being away, i'll post as soon as i get some sleep and some free time.
Capitalism, ho
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

ConSpiracy wrote:

No--actually the point I'm getting at is if we don't have the information on who TM's partner is, it won't help to lynch him even though in my book self vote=scum. Am I 100% sure? No, but really, the self vote really has no town based rationale besides idiocy, and I'd rather assume everyone's competent to have read your wall o'text that explains why you don't do that.

hiplop wrote:Thats not what he meant. What he meant was; we shouldn't end the day (kill somebody, get to majority etc) so early on. Votes are fine, as long as no one dies!

I have to disagree with you ConSpir, shes not using it as a defense, she merely is just confused, no need to get angry.

Not liking ghostlin atm, he doesn't seem to have the town's interest in heart. And seems to me like scumIC.

UNVOTE: VOTE: ghosty

...So you disagree and think we should end the day now? Exactly which part of this is not looking out for town's self interests?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 am

Post by hiplop »

wat. I explained everything on the first line. Dont know if you're purposely trying to do that; or if you're just not understanding... but ya read first line
third best scummer of all time
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

theamatuer wrote:And I'll stop voting myself once somebody takes my place thank you

Can anybody tell me what town motive there is to do this?
hiplop wrote:I have to disagree with you ConSpir, shes not using it as a defense, she merely is just confused, no need to get angry.

I am not angry, I just wanted to point it out as pulling the newb card is a common strategy for scum to survive at least the first day.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 am

Post by theamatuer »

Well, I'd say the question would be if you want me to unvote myself or not. I voted myself just because I am helping everyone getting defenses at this point, and not just bandwagoning/lurking. This seemed to me as the best idea at the time, although looking back, this isn't being very effective to say the least, since I'm not feeling much pressure.
To CS: I ask you what scum purpose there is to that? The goal of scum is to survive lynching, and to be honest, the self vote did nothing but draw attention to myself, which if I were scum, would be the last thing I want. (and to be honest, I had almost no suspicion on me to begin with).
Its just whatever
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

theamatuer wrote:Well, I'd say the question would be if you want me to unvote myself or not. I voted myself just because I am helping everyone getting defenses at this point, and not just bandwagoning/lurking. This seemed to me as the best idea at the time, although looking back, this isn't being very effective to say the least, since I'm not feeling much pressure.

You're kidding right? A vote on yourself doesn't give any pressure as you can remove it yourself any time...
theamatuer wrote:To CS: I ask you what scum purpose there is to that? The goal of scum is to survive lynching, and to be honest, the self vote did nothing but draw attention to myself, which if I were scum, would be the last thing I want. (and to be honest, I had almost no suspicion on me to begin with).

What do you think of not having to do anything? You continue to be anti-town with your vote and instead of starting to act pro-town (pressure someone with your vote for example) and stop with it , you continue with it hiding behind the reason "scum wouldn't do this". Right now you're not doing anything, when town has to lynch scum, not prevent from being lynched. That's the scum incentive. And that's what you are doing right now.

Why two people have voiced their suspicions on you is surprisingly disturbing.

And I am wondering why paradox is still not voting for anyone. I can't recall him doing anything actually. Where has he gone?
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:04 am

Post by theamatuer »

two. Is that "only two????" or "two??!?!?!?"
also
unvote
because cs said so.
Paradox has not been online since he posted yesterday. In fact, I think that he is a lurker. The only reason people voted on him was because of the cuteness of his avatar.

vote: paradox
to spur lurkers to action
By the way, what happened to BWKM?. Shouldnt a prod be sent by now?
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:04 am

Post by theamatuer »

EBWOP: i meant PM.
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Morthas »

I'm gonna go and guess that Amateur is town, i get the vibe from him. I could expand on it but it would probably end up with alot of WIFOM talk.
@Ghosty: Why are you voting Amateur? Can you clarify for me? (And for god's sake don't just say, '' ISO me, i already given my reasons" )
I have noticed your initial reasoning to vote amateur is for his self preservation. You clearly can't say that his recent actions have been much self preservative what i am trying to say is: If he had the mindset of self preservation as scum he would have never voted himself. and no, i don't think you pointing it out have made him intentionally want to give off that vibe.

Looking forward to BMW's posts.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Morthas »

I am also getting a feeling SouldBlade might be scum.
@SoulBlade: What do you think of Amateur, Ghosty, CS and why.
Capitalism, ho
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

BKWM has failed to pick up his prod. Initiating a search for a replacement.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

That was a mercifully quick search--Stels replaces BKWM. Thanks, Stels!
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Morthas »

Sup, scum.
Capitalism, ho
SoulBlade
SoulBlade
Townie
SoulBlade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 am

Post by SoulBlade »

Morthas wrote:I am also getting a feeling SouldBlade might be scum.
@SoulBlade: What do you think of Amateur, Ghosty, CS and why.

theamateur: as already stated, he's trying to point other people to vote for, seems very suspicious. I think the others can agree on that.

Ghostlin: he is analysing everything very carefully, I must admit. But sometimes the most helpful and regular posters in a mafia game can turn out as a scum.

This is one of the reasons I like this game - it's a game of deception! You know nothing of the other person, but yet you must figure out how to do it. One of my ways of playing mafia is sometimes denying the arguments one is stating and think of him as a scum. How can a scum do this, why should a townie do this - sometimes it's a maze - everyone can be the bad or good guy. We should always doubt.

ConSpiracy - Same as Ghostlin - a helpful and analysing poster. I need more information about you. What would you say...

I think we bashed BKWM (sp? doesn't matter, replaced) enough.

UNVOTE: Stels
VOTE: ConSpiracy
When in doubt, say -
Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal
//
[Last.fm]
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Stels »

Spoiler: Morthas <3
Morthas wrote:Sup, scum.

Fuck you.

Hello, I am BKWM's Replacement.

Spoiler: RQS
Ibarra wrote:
Anyway guys, let's start of with some RQS:
1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
Town, Neighborizer. I've had this role before.

2) Would you lynch lurkers?
No

3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
Both

4) What is your stance on using meta?
I don't dislike meta. 50/50 or depends on the situation.

ConSpiracy wrote:
5) What's your timezone?
Current: GMT +8

6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts?
Depends

7) How much do you expect to post in this game?
Depends

Annoying RQS out of the way.

The only person that stands out is theamatuer.
theamatuer wrote:BWKM hasn't logged on since thursday, so it's probably OK?, he's not lurking or anything.
I'll answer everyones suspicions in the meantime.
To CS: I know what you mean now, and I perfectly understand. I'll just ask everyone to not lynch anybody until we've got a really good reason and listened to their defenses, and warning them beforehand before hammering, just to listen to what they'll say. That should give us really good information to consider if we do lynch town by accident.

Defending BKWM despite theamatuer wanting him at L-2 so he can hear more from him. Why defend him? He was basically untouched IIRC. Your defense was very unnecessary. Buddying up early on.
Unnecessary sarcasm and early intention of not voting anyone. Proceeding with a self-vote to boot. Very untown-like behavior.

theamatuer wrote:Well, I'd say the question would be if you want me to unvote myself or not. I voted myself just because I am helping everyone getting defenses at this point, and not just bandwagoning/lurking. This seemed to me as the best idea at the time, although looking back, this isn't being very effective to say the least, since I'm not feeling much pressure.
To CS: I ask you what scum purpose there is to that? The goal of scum is to survive lynching, and to be honest, the self vote did nothing but draw attention to myself, which if I were scum, would be the last thing I want. (and to be honest, I had almost no suspicion on me to begin with).

Voting yourself gives the opposite effect. It in no way helps others to defend themselves, but attracts attention to yourself, just like all your posts so far have to me. Scum don't always require both of them to live, in order to win a game. Hence there are 2 scum/newbie game.
UNVOTE: BKWM's previous vote
VOTE: theamatuer
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Stels »

@Everyone: Forgot to look at the vote count =_=
theamatuer is at L-1
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Dude, I wanted people to stop argueing about him/you was because that arguing earlier can lead to an early lynch. The only reason I brought him to L-2 was to listen to what he/you was going to say. You can't say anything if you were lynched before you logged on right?
And besides, attracting attention to myself is a truth to what you say, but if you assume that I am scum, then making myself L-2 would be useless. A suicidal Scum would vote himself at L-2 or L-1, since a L-1 can cause an accidental lynch, but being at L-2 simply gives pressure, and although there is the threat of a lynch, the actual lynch from there will still take a lot of time, and therefore would deviate from a Suicidal Scum's base purpose of quickening a day. Although an SS's other purpose is to make as few links as possible to the other scum, the entire game will be extended after the scum's death by at least a day, assuming that the 2nd scum evades lynch for that long. This gives the scum more chance to slip up.

Also, Soulblades actions are far too suspicious.

You said we have been bashing BKWM for too long already. However, our original purpose was to pry his defenses out of him from an L-2. After we did this, BWKM refused to answer at all, and to prevent people from either losing interest and unvoting him or getting too angry in his absence and lynching him, I temporalily drew off attention to me. however, once BKWM got a replacement, you immeadiately unvoted without even hearing a defense. I ask
why?
Unless you give me a perfectly good reason, I'm not going to let this go easily.
unvote: paradox

vote: stels
to reset the L-2 status.
Major FOS: Soulblade

And so, nobody cared about the lurker anymore
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Morthas »

I don't like the Amateur wagon.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:D
Also, Soulblades actions are far too suspicious.

You said we have been bashing BKWM for too long already. However, our original purpose was to pry his defenses out of him from an L-2. After we did this, BWKM refused to answer at all, and to prevent people from either losing interest and unvoting him or getting too angry in his absence and lynching him, I temporalily drew off attention to me. however, once BKWM got a replacement, you immeadiately unvoted without even hearing a defense. I ask
why?
Unless you give me a perfectly good reason, I'm not going to let this go easily.
unvote: paradox

vote: stels
to reset the L-2 status.
Major FOS: Soulblade

And so, nobody cared about the lurker anymore

Why vote Stels, when you are suspicious of Soul.
Capitalism, ho

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”