Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:Not my fault that Hoppster likes spoiler tags:U.

I feel like this day is stagnating. Let's lynch Zinger and get it over with.

-diddin

I agree, 40 pages is more than what is optimal for day 1. We have gotten pretty much all we can out of Day 1, and now I think we need some flips.

Zinger2099 wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:I prefer izak, but he's V/LA, and eh.
Worst. Vote. Ever.

Seriously, voting someone for being V/LA? What the fuck.

RTFT.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I actually think Zinger's response to Pinky condemns him even more. He's obviously skimming at best.. this from someone claiming to want to help Town now.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

David Xanatos wrote:Zinger > Uuh, Pinky didn't vote Izak. He very specifically avoided voting Izak because he's V/LA and therefore not here to defend himself, so he went for his other main suspect, you. Or at least that's how I'm picking it up.
Not true, he voted me BECAUSE I am v/la, as opposed to Izak who isn't.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

David Xanatos wrote:I actually think Zinger's response to Pinky condemns him even more. He's obviously skimming at best.. this from someone claiming to want to help Town now.. :/
Actually, you are obviously skimming. You didn't take the time to understand my response before condemning me for it. What does that say about you?
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Izak is V/LA, and was long before you were.

And indeed, the very fact you're here proves you aren't V/LA.

Mod wrote:V/LA - MOI (weekend), Mera (back 29th) Izak (Back 31st)
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

DX wrote:
I'm under the impression here you didn't bother reading either. Firstly, that post was mostly a response to Rodion. As was my next post with the "4.30am excuse" as you put it.

That was post #742. I explained in post #744 I clicked "submit" too soon instead of "preview". See post #744, and in a very similar vein, #746 for this. I've already given my full reasoning. To reiterate, it's nothing to do with "prob town that needs lesson", it's "dodgy as hell, now claims town, but has changed claim 4 times. I see no reason to believe his latest face-saving claim either."

Okay,
DK-5
. I did read, but it didn't really click until I read MOI's post, by which time the only thing I could remember reading from you by way of explanation was a confusing Numerical Soup post. 744 isn't MUCH of an improvement (there WAS a wolf at the end of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"), but 746 clarifies it.

DX wrote:
In other words, you just cut out a pretty damn key part of narrative, namely "At which point, I took a step back, and said the following"

That is the IMPERSONAL description I refer to. MoI gave a reason for not wanting to name, and I took it at face value, so I then asked for some details that would NOT implicate anyone, but that Town could work with MoI on, to determine which, if any, looks forged/edited.

I don't see how the fact that you back-tracked from initial role-fishing makes said role-fishing okay. As in, town-DX had a choice between:
a) Defending his initial fishing as pro-town (which, for obvious reasons, I don't think is viable, since it was an anti-town request); or
b) Mea culpa

Instead, you basically just changed tact completely and asked for something different.

Tell me, did you ever actually retract your call for a nameclaim?

DX wrote:
Vollkan > Reads as Town to me, but tunnels rather heavily on Zinger.. I can see the logic and reasoning behind it, but I get the impression he may be getting a little blinkered. This is another one who I'd love to see his current reads.

I do have a tendency to tunnel. The fact that I argue a lot probably makes it more explicit than for most people, but I think tunneling is something that's almost unavoidable in this game (as in, it would take a LOT of effort to simultaneously pursue the leads that you find most promising AND maintain 100% focus on everything else). If I have missed anything, please just let me know and I will reread it.

Junpei wrote:
vollkan is town due to his system of points that will be very easy to see if he's abusing. It's a clear tunnel into his brain and that is something scum wouldn't give for free like that, if he's scum it'll be easy to tell later in the game.

Hopp wrote: vollkan: How long have you been using your points system now?

I ask this because whilst going through your ISO, I noticed at the point which you switch from voting Leonshade (on 64 points) to Zinger (who was at 50 points) - but you didn't award Zinger any points, so using your points system you would still be voting Leonshade...

It also worries me that since your post here, (ignoring the ambiguous Zinger case) you've only seen two scummy things (ie. things fit to award points for - both from DavidX). You awarded over 60 points in your catch up for the first 290 posts - yet we're approaching post 1000 and you've awarded a grand total of an extra 10 points in that time. That doesn't seem right...

I'll address the above together.

1) I have been using my points system since, IIRC, 2008. I did have a break from it at some point, but I'd say that I have definitely been using for most of my time on site. For this reason, Junpei is incorrect to treat it as a towntell from me; it's part of my meta no matter what my alignment.

2) On Zinger: in my initial post, I included my standard PSA which includes the caveat: "Absent claims, need for deadline compromises, etc. I will always vote the person with the highest score." My reasoning for voting Zinger was essentially claim-based. Obviously, behaviour comes into it, but because it rests on a claim it basically becomes a binary choice between "To vote, or not to vote" rather than a spectrum/relative question like most people's scumminess. In that sense, my points system becomes kind of redundant, since it would just dictate that I give Zinger something like +40 points to clearly stake him out as scum, other than somebody explicitly claiming scum.

3) On the number of points given: I noticed this myself, and I think it's largely attributable to the fact that the Zinger issue has been dominant for most of the interim period , and it's an issue on which very little from anybody strikes me as "scummy".
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Are people still demanding my clarification on the "list" or no?

Also I'm gonna use this account as my other head has more or less flaked I believe.

(This is silverdrummer)
... People were right it seems....
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by vollkan »

silverbullet999 wrote:Are people still demanding my clarification on the "list" or no?

Also I'm gonna use this account as my other head has more or less flaked I believe.

(This is silverdrummer)

I don't want a "clarification". Just post the list (with or without ties :gasp:) and expanded reasoning for Nero Cain
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

For ISO purposes - DAMNIT IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT

Was doing so well as well...

Zinger2099 wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:I prefer izak, but he's V/LA, and eh.
Worst. Vote. Ever.

Seriously, voting someone for being V/LA? What the fuck.

I feel other people have adequately addressed this.
~ Hoppster
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Pine - 1st
Marco - 2nd
Meran - Tied for 2nds
magna -4th... or 5th... well last for the moment.
goomba - 3rd
Nero - Tied for 1st

How the F... is this hard to see
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

EBWOP: (Second part of your request comes later volkan)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 am

Post by vollkan »

silverbullet999 wrote:Pine - 1st
Marco - 2nd
Meran - Tied for 2nds
magna -4th... or 5th... well last for the moment.
goomba - 3rd
Nero - Tied for 1st

How the F... is this hard to see

@chevre and anybody else who was previously attacking the list:
I can't see the problem here :? I thought maybe he would post something inconsistent with the previous, but it's exactly the same, other than with NC being included expressly as #1, rather than being dealt with separetely as the major suspect.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:34 am

Post by David Xanatos »

To address Vollkan's question quickly before breakfast..

Tell me, did you ever actually retract your call for a nameclaim?

No, I did not, because for me, the nameclaim thing was basically a way of breaking the ice. I don't believe the names have any grounding in the actual roles (Given that it'd mean that bad guys would be lynched immediately, and I don't think Jason would do that), and therefore it wouldn't have hurt the Town. As I said, it may not have particularly helped, but I felt it might have added another element to RVS, discussion based on the names et cetera. It's a theme game, a little in-character RVSing might have been entertaining. :P

Now.. om nom nom time methinks. But a note before I do.

Silver, a numbered list tends to be ordered. And you still haven't provided reasoning behind the reads.

PEdit: Vollkan, frankly, it's not the list itself, it's the lack of clarification behind it. The fact his apparent "tied for #1" is someone with.. 2 posts? 3 posts? Doesn't exactly help.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:52 am

Post by vollkan »

DX wrote:
PEdit: Vollkan, frankly, it's not the list itself, it's the lack of clarification behind it. The fact his apparent "tied for #1" is someone with.. 2 posts? 3 posts? Doesn't exactly help.. :/

The Pine thing seems to be a meta-grudge, though.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 am

Post by David Xanatos »

That actually makes it worse. He's then essentially saying "I'm voting for this person because I don't like them. There is no evidence on them but I want them lynched simply because I don't like them."

Surely by this point, there's more than enough evidence on more than a few people that a meta-grudge should have been sidelined long ago in favour of actually scumhunting?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am

Post by vollkan »

David Xanatos wrote:That actually makes it worse. He's then essentially saying "I'm voting for this person because I don't like them. There is no evidence on them but I want them lynched simply because I don't like them."

Surely by this point, there's more than enough evidence on more than a few people that a meta-grudge should have been sidelined long ago in favour of actually scumhunting?

/agree - see my earlier failed attempt to budge him on this.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 am

Post by David Xanatos »

By the way. Any response my my reply RE: the nameclaim thing, or have I clarified it satisfactorily?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:47 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Should read "Any response to my reply RE:...", brain melted for a moment there.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Leonshade »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:and tracker is very confirmable as the days go on (unlike what Zinger claimed).
That is not true. Jailkeeper can be easily confirmed (confirmable is not a word).

How could you easily confirm JK? A roleblocker could claim to be a JK and manage just fine, especially if they're scum.

Zinger2099 wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:I actually think Zinger's response to Pinky condemns him even more. He's obviously skimming at best.. this from someone claiming to want to help Town now.. :/
Actually, you are obviously skimming. You didn't take the time to understand my response before condemning me for it. What does that say about you?

Your response was to say that voting someone because they're V/LA is the worst vote ever, even though Pinky said the exact opposite. What else is there to understand?

Since all the cool kids are posting their suspects, I'll post a few reads of mine as well:

Zinger - My personal candidate for lynch of the Day. Claiming a third party role then switching to town when his self-proclaimed gambit blew up in his face. I can't trust him at all for the rest of this game.

silver - Somewhat scummy for his major tunneling on a lurker/personal grudge and for one of the hydra heads flaking after there was pressure on them.

@Silver:
It seems that your vote is based on that one post by Silver combined with his lack of productivity, is this true or is there more to your read?

ThreeIsFrench - Leaning scum for his active lurking early on, though he seems to be picking up in activity.

@ThreeIsFrench:
I would like you to give an explanation on your townreads, I want to know why you think they're town.

izakthegoomba - Slightly leaning scum based on his responses to the case against him (mainly on what appears to be selective quoting). There's also claims that he ignores most of what is going on, though I have yet to re-read to confirm this.

DavidXanatos - Null but requiring a re-read, his overall play hasn't seemed that scummy to me so far, though I don't like his attempt at rolefishing.

Everyone else is either null or town, I will post more reads if requested.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:54 am

Post by silverdrummer »

I. Did not. Flake.

I hold no grudge against Pine. I have no freakin' idea what this crap is.

If silverbullet's gonna just jump onto Pine like that without talking to me AT ALL about it, he can do this on his own. If he won't do the Hydra thing, I won't bother doing it myself.
~ CJ, obviously
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:58 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Since everyone seems to be calling this role-fishing, here's a definitive response.

The only reason I asked for the names is because the chance of them both being town is close to nil, and MoI simply holding the names of two people, of whom one of which is most likely either third party or Scum, appears to me to go rather against the point of scumhunting. Ignoring such a potential lead seemed, and frankly still seems, idiotic. That is also the reason I asked for the details they gave him, because having any information is good, and if there are inconsistencies in a message, it's more likely to be caught when multiple people see it.

Hiding information, in my eyes, is anti-town, unless it's something along the lines of "I am a cop. I have a scum-read on someone, but if I reveal it now, I'll be roleblocked for the rest of the game, so I'll take the risk and wait to see if I can catch another before outing myself".
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Leonshade »

@CJ:
Is there a reason you're still posting in this thread? If you don't want to be a part of the game anymore, why are you still defending yourself here?

@David:
If MoI withholding said information is anti-town, why didn't you include it in the reads you posted earlier?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:14 am

Post by vollkan »

David Xanatos wrote:By the way. Any response my my reply RE: the nameclaim thing, or have I clarified it satisfactorily?

Sorry, forgot to respond. Addressed below:

DX wrote:
No, I did not, because for me, the nameclaim thing was basically a way of breaking the ice. I don't believe the names have any grounding in the actual roles (Given that it'd mean that bad guys would be lynched immediately, and I don't think Jason would do that), and therefore it wouldn't have hurt the Town. As I said, it may not have particularly helped, but I felt it might have added another element to RVS, discussion based on the names et cetera. It's a theme game, a little in-character RVSing might have been entertaining.

This doesn't really address my concerns; the same can be said about any nameclaim. The fact is that any name info is inherently unlikely to be of much use to anybody who is uninformed, but is inherently more likely to be useful to scum (as in, knowing names is not likely to tell us anything meaningful - even if it does add something to "discuss")

Silver wrote:
I hold no grudge against Pine. I have no freakin' idea what this crap is.

If silverbullet's gonna just jump onto Pine like that without talking to me AT ALL about it, he can do this on his own. If he won't do the Hydra thing, I won't bother doing it myself.

I'm willing to accept that the Pine thing was an idiosyncrasy of the other hydra head, particularly given that it would be extremely poor form for silverdrummer to lie about their hydra-level interactions (as in, because it is not something within the game, it is akin to lying about being VLA because your grandma died when in fact you werejust lurking)
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:22 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Leon > Because he's V/LA and I want to give him a chance to publish more information, even just the details that he was given.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote count 11

Zinger 10 - Vezo,Leonshade, Junpei, 3isFrench, Izak, Pappum,, KillerJester, DavidX, Vollkan,Pinky,(L-4)
Silverdrummer 5 - Slate, Oversoul, Nero, Mera, Cherve
DavidX 4 - CHKBallin,PeregrineVTHAdmiral, MOI,
Izak 2 - ZeL1nk, Zinger
Chkballin 1 - Andrew
Nero 1 - Silver

V/LA - MOI (weekend), Mera (back 29th) Izak (Back 31st) Zinger (Back Tuesday)

With 27 alive it takes 14 to lynch with a deadline of 12th August 12pm EST

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”