[Mini 1208] Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery (Over)

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not playing to the investigative style because I hadn't planned on using it to investigate, I had planned on using it to confirm myself every night... then I reread and saw I was one-shot.

Factional claims being before or after is a moot point -- now, scum are locked into a claim. It's rather moot. I can't comment on the flavor of my claim, because it's what the mod fucking gave me. I mean, if that's lynchworthy, go for it, and we can all just bitch at the mod post-game for not being consistent with the flavor.

In any case, whatever. The role is underpowered. I said this already. Multiple times. I said it's basically useless but the only way I *can* use it now is as a last-ditch investigative power. Neighborizer is a fucking terrible ability.

So, essentially, the one thing you really agree with on me being scum comes from the one thing I cannot defend or control.
green shirt thursdays
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
Friend wrote:Forgot why playing with the CAPS LOCKERS is such a bummer.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like there's an actual case buried in the caps-locked, swear-filled posts, but my brain hurts just trying to read them. But here's my attempt at translating Fate's case against Reck (please feel free to correct me, Fate, if I've misinterpreted)

(1) Reck is not playing to his town meta of starting off the game picking town reads.
(2) Reck unvoted Kiwieagle when (in Fate's words) he realized the wagon would make him look bad.
(3) Reck is not playing to his town meta by putting more emphasis on night actions
(4) Reck is not playing as a PR would be playing. (again here)
(5) Reck is trying to sound townly without actually hunting scum
(6) Reck is voting for me (BMQ), and I know I am town.

Firstly, I'm not a player that plays off meta. You can play that way if you like, and I won't hold it against you, but it's not something that will convince me personally. So I won't buy into (1) and (3).

(2) is a reasonable claim. I think the case against Kiwi is weak, and Reck unvoted Kiwi. You can read whatever motivation you'd like to into that (is it a weak wagon? or does he not want to make himself look bad by voting Kiwi?)

Likewise, (5) is another reasonable claim, but heavily based on opinion. I wouldn't hold this against Fate, but you either agree that Reck is trying to sound townly or you don't.

For (6), voting for me does not automatically make you scum. Townies vote for townies, it happens.

However, (4) is where the meat is. Fate's case that Reck isn't playing to the role he claims to be is an argument that has merit. Reck stirred up a full faction-claim from the town for what... a one-shot messenger role that can only interact with a small section of the town. I'd estimate 3 scum in the setup, leaving 10 town. It's a reasonable guess that those 10 town would be 5 Alliance and 5 Horde, give or take 1 person either way. Not including himself, that means there are 4-5 people that he can one-shot neighbor with, which is (a) a one-shot use of (b) a restricted target ability that (c) neighbors, which is a fundamentally weak ability. Reck says he wants to use it in a way to turn it into a pseudo-investigation. But as a role, it just seems very underpowered, hurting its legitimacy.

Reck, you know how I would have played your claimed role, if I had it? I would've kept my mouth shut, attempted a /w, and then based on my result (communication went through, blocked, whatever), I could then, the next day, openly ask that player "hey, are you Alliance or Horde?". If their answer contradicted the information I received, whammo, we've got a scum. I honestly don't see why you've dragged faction information out of everyone and drawn so much attention to yourself in an "investigative" role. You're trying to set yourself up like a pseudo-cop, but you're not playing like a cop. I have a sinking feeling that you're scum, and one of your powers is related to player faction.

The flavor of your claim ("/w") doesn't fit the flavor of other powers in the game. The claim itself seems so weak that it's hard to believe. And you're not playing to the investigative style you're claiming. Even if, on your best day, you're a one-shot cop, cops don't claim for no reason D1.

this is what I would do:

Your blocked to horde only or scarlet aswell?
If your blocked to both then:

Neighborize an alliance so then he can become confirmed townie, but neighborize someone you feel confident will make it to lylo.
If your blocked when neighborizing an alliance, then yay! you caught scum.
Not never dead.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Fate »

Cool post Brian.

Also, isn't Reck voting you?

BUT LOOK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE:

"Wha wha I can't defend my fakeclaim"

NOT A SINGLE IOTA OF RECKTOWN WHO WOULD THINK BRIAN IS SCUM IN THAT POST.
HE'S TALKIN TO THE PERSON HE IS VOTING LIKE HE KNOWS THEY ARE TOWN.

LYNCH
IT
WITH
FIRE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
green shirt thursdays
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Hinduragi »

FATE, ARE YOU DENSE? LOOK AT RECK. LOOK AT THAT TERRIBLE CLAIM. AND YOU THINK HE'S FAKING IT AND MADE UP A FAKECLAIM HE CAN'T DEFEND? LOLNO. THINK ABOUT THIS INSTEAD OF TOWN TUNNELING.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh, and Friend, I use CAPSLOCK, Fate uses it. Being Fate? With his reads? NOPE. Our playstyles are different. Maybe you'll eventually see after you this game or from skimming my post history.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Hinduragi »

EBWOP
after
you
this game
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Fate »

Fuck your "WHY WOULD SCUM DO THIS" buddy defense you fuckin scumbag
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Hinduragi »

You're a fucking idiot. No offense to Reck, but he isn't good enough to pull something like this off as scum, especially to be able to just ignore it afterwards and accept why you think he's scum. Just no. You should know by now my townreads are SPOT ON. And considering what Reck's posted so far, I'm PRETTY CONFIDENT in my read. Don't pull a fuckin' IS. God.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Fate »

Your reads are worth SHIT because you are scum WITH him.

And god you'll just NK me tonight and coast with this dumbfuck town.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Yeah, we're OBVFUCKINGBUDDIES. I JUST CHAINSAW DEFENDED HIM BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT. ARE YOU READING THE GAME?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Fate »

OI am, you're pretty obvious to competent players.

Are you even pretending to read the game? I can't even remember whose mislynch you're pushing
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Actually, YES, I AM READING. ARE YOU? Let's see your ISO. 4th post, Reck vote. Let's look at the rest. Reck, Reck, Parama better vote Reck, Valern better vote Reck, Reck, Reck, Kiwi better vote Reck, Reck is scum because Hoopla-scum did this......AND IM NOT READING THE GAME?

MY GOD, DO I HAVE TO BE CONFTOWN TO CONVINCE YOU OF
ANYTHING
? HELL, EVEN THEN YOU BARELY LISTEN. I WILL FUCKIN' CLAIM IF I HAVE TO. WE ARENT LYNCHING RECK.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Fate »

Cherry pick my ISO to discredit me? I have mre reads and content than that, and YEAH I've been focus on getting my top scumread lynched.

Now are you a daycop? Lol fuck no.
Masons with Reck? Lol no.
THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP

AUTO LYNCH HINDU LATER IF HIS ROLE ISN'T "conftown" BECAUSE IT WON'T BE
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Damnit Fate.
I don't see Reckscum going all IHAVECONFIRMABLEROLE -> HEY GUYS FACTIONS -> IDON'THAVECONFIRMABLEROLE -> I'MANEIGHBORIZERLOL -> MYROLEFUCKINGSUCKS.
And to have it all planned for the start of the game and shit.
gah.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Ellibereth »

AND LOOK AT BRIAN
Brian wrote:Fate, other than Reck, name one person you think is scummy, and why. And if that reason is "because he's not voting for Reck" or "he's defending Reck", it doesn't count. And by "doesn't count" I mean I will lynch you.

WHEN HE HASN'T DONE THIS HIMSELF. And is all just lecture fate, teach Kiwi, defenddefend, summarize Reck case and act all suspicious and shit but not vote.
FLASH OF GREEN
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Fate »

Ellie, what the fucl.

Reck scum sees his oneshot neighor scum role.

Reckscum qt plots this out.

Reckscum executes.

I swear to god.

Brian is not scum what lol
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Ellibereth »

The LOLCONFIRMABLE to LOLNONCONFIRMABLE part is fucking pointless though...I mean the gambit would be THAT much better done tomorrow, right?
And seacoretown or scumz >.>
FLASH OF GREEN
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Fate »

Brians summary of the Reck case was the most pro town thing in this thread.

Elli/Reck/Hindu

My god could it fuckin be?

Dream team?

Seacore confirmed town, kiwi conftown, brian town.

You with us or not Ellie
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

whhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooosehshshhhhh

goddamned breezy today
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Fate »

You really think this strategy is going to work for you?

LOL

Your scumbuddies think so
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 am

Post by smargaret »

Seacore wrote:smargaret, just a small aside. Have we ever played together? I thought we had and went looking through my old games and couldn't find you anywhere.

You modded a game I played. We have not played together.

I'm catching up; we had heat indices up to 109F and had to run to my in-laws to avoid heat stroke, but I'll be caught up within the next couple of hours.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:35 am

Post by smargaret »

xRECKONERx wrote:Yes, it does.

The plan went something along the lines of... neighborize my most vocal opponent, show that I couldn't have submitted the NK that night... then neighborize again... and again... and again... and again. And the only person who would know my plan for confirming would be my most vocal opponent, aka Fate.

After I realized it was one-shot I decided it's better off used as a scumhunting device.

PREDIT: Nope, not responding to Fate anymore until he decides to actually respond to me.

This ... doesn't even work. There's presumably more than one scum in the game, so not doing the nk tonight doesn't actually prove anything. Reck, you're a better player than this.

I'm starting to lean towards Reckscum, but I want some serious explanation for how Reck could be "mod-confirmed' scum from Fate.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 am

Post by smargaret »

BrianMcQueso wrote:BTW, Reck's whole "/w" power is still sketchy to me. Last game, all the powers were actual abilities (Mark of the Wild, Arcane Intellect, etc.) inHim might have switched it up, but I still have my doubts.

I'm definitely not asking for "/dance" or whatever to come forward with a claim. We have way too many claims for D1 as it is. Don't want to give the scum a blueprint to the town.

This. Last game, the abilities were attributes of our characters; /w sounds like an attribute of a flesh and blood player.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 am

Post by smargaret »

xRECKONERx wrote:This is difficult because I can see each and every one of these people as scum or town.
Tempted to say kiwi is definitely town. I feel like there's a goldmine of scum on the major wagons though.

Ellibereth is probably town, too. Parama less so, but still townier than [Fate/Seacore/Friend/Valern/smargaret/Hinduragi].

Thar be scum in these parts, yarr

There are scum in {6/13 of the playerlist}? Yes, there probably are, but this isn't saying much.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”