xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:40 am

Post by xvart »

Actually, miller doesn't definitively suggest a cop in the setup. Similar to having a godfather with no cop. A red herring.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

xvart wrote:Actually, miller doesn't definitively suggest a cop in the setup. Similar to having a godfather with no cop. A red herring.

I'm not that mean :p
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Sundy »

Tspoon I want to play another game where we're on the same team. Any faction will do
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

I think that red herrings qualify as non-normal, though I'd have to check to be sure.

Millers are a lot more powerful than mods are giving them credit for, though. Possibly as powerful as a one-shot cop, although mods are still using them as negative town roles.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Sundy wrote:Tspoon I want to play another game where we're on the same team. Any faction will do

me and you? That'd be great, I agree :]

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Nikanor wrote:I think that red herrings qualify as non-normal, though I'd have to check to be sure.

Millers are a lot more powerful than mods are giving them credit for, though. Possibly as powerful as a one-shot cop, although mods are still using them as negative town roles.

yeah, If they play miller as well as empking did it can be very-pro town

near-noone suspected empking and his claim pulled the game out of RVS immediately :D

~Screwtape
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Thomith »

I...go away for afew days... and i'm dead... whut?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (14/17)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Cop result...
To be clear: quack
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

you did good thomith, as I believe hoppster has said, but you were let down by being dragged into the mad world where mason is a good fakeclaim :p

all that being said though, I think Panzer did very well on D1 and he has no reason to be upset. The town was very good and if the gambit had worked It'd have scummy nominated for sure.

you should've roleblocked hoppster again xp

and with that

V/LA

see you guys in 14 days :]

~Screwtape
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Thomith »

i should have gone with my gut and got panzer lynched, but i really didnt think i could win with just me alive.

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Hoppster »

TBH, it would have looked dodgy with Panzer claiming to be masons with you and then him flipping Unrecruitable Traitor.

Not completely sure if that by itself would have been lynch-worthy, but it definitely would have made me think.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:20 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

How is a claimed Mason flipping Scum not insta-lynch?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

No, I mean had Thomith said "LOL PANZER IS LYING SCUM". >>
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Town 7/10 (shame the 2 best players had to attack each other the whole time : )
Scum ?/10 (I don't want to judge them on one acttion, but it really was the defining moment of the game. Each did well in some aspects though. More daytalk scheming would have been good)
Mod: 10/10 (what can I say? :cool: )

~Screwtape
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by xvart »

Hoppster wrote:Also, sorry about the shit I was pulling yesterday xvart. I want to pretend that was a clever gambit to make sure scum left me alive.

Actually, by that time I had picked up that something was going on; it just seemed out of place compared to us going toe to toe D1 which is why I tried to throw it back in your face, in case you were a power role. I didn't ever expect you to get lynched but found that stuff that might cast a little bit of suspicion on you and keep you alive.

And again, sorry about D1. No hard feelings I hope. Coming into the game I had just busted two scum in another game in subsequent days so my ego was a little inflated with my scumhunting abilities compared to my usual mediocre play, so that had something to do with it. Note to everyone if you really want me to get on your case just go straight for the ad homs, you aren't reading stuff, etc.; although to be fair, I guess I really wasn't reading, but I found it hard to see the motivation behind the posted ISO... Anyways, once someone (I think Hoppster) explicitly pointed out how I wasn't reading it clicked with me because just saying "you aren't reading" doesn't do much for me, especially if I think you are scum, because I read it the exact same way. Anyways, no harm no foul. The good thing about going full court press on someone is it puts everyone else in a tough spot in deciding how to come down on it.

This game reminded me a lot of the game I linked earlier where I steam rolled the town by doing the same thing and fighting tooth and nail for a townie lynch. Although we still won it was really interesting because I was a doctor and a town jailkeeper had already flipped; scum kept me around because they thought I was going to be an easy mislynch and town wouldn't lynch me because they thought my behavior was so pro town despite there being two protective roles. When the part where I obviously didn't read what Hoppster was saying was pointed out at me I took a hard step back and thought about that game and decided I needed to be more careful and not torpedo the town again.

Anyways, I apologize to anyone (and everyone) who was turned off by me, and this game isn't my typical playstyle.
I only read quote walls.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I greatly enjoyed xvart v. Hoppster, but that's because I was Scum :D
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Captain Corporal »

Hey,
good job Town
Sorry I wasn't around to see it through, although if I stayed I probably would have been lynched. GG
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am

Post by PJ. »

I was stuck into the mason claim because I had breadcrumbed it for later in the game and I was trying to play in a way where Thomith wouldn't vote me, than he was lured in by Xvart's very silly case. I should have just played head up and let monk/CC get lynched.

Also, if Thomith said I was lying scum, the game would have been over quicker. I really screwed up shooting that mason claim so early, but I would like to point out that him making such a bad kill night 2 didn't help. He should have been aiming for the cop.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:28 am

Post by xvart »

Panzerjager, 1142 wrote:I was stuck into the mason claim because I had breadcrumbed it for later in the game and I was trying to play in a way where Thomith wouldn't vote me, than he was lured in by Xvart's very silly case. I should have just played head up and let monk/CC get lynched.

I think traitor is a pretty difficult role to play, and I think your breadcrumb was a pretty smart way to play it such that scum would want to kill you (I'm guessing if the scum tried to kill you you got recruited instead?) and then you could really flesh it out after having the opportunity to talk to your partners. But when it was joined with the miller stuff it undermined the entire thing since you would have to eventually claim mason with the person that just "counterclaimed" you or hope that Thomith stays out of the limelight.
I only read quote walls.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Empking »

xvart wrote:
Panzerjager, 1142 wrote:I was stuck into the mason claim because I had breadcrumbed it for later in the game and I was trying to play in a way where Thomith wouldn't vote me, than he was lured in by Xvart's very silly case. I should have just played head up and let monk/CC get lynched.

I think traitor is a pretty difficult role to play, and I think your breadcrumb was a pretty smart way to play it such that scum would want to kill you (I'm guessing if the scum tried to kill you you got recruited instead?)

No.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:37 am

Post by xvart »

Empking wrote:
xvart wrote:

I think traitor is a pretty difficult role to play, and I think your breadcrumb was a pretty smart way to play it such that scum would want to kill you (I'm guessing if the scum tried to kill you you got recruited instead?)

No.

Cool.
I only read quote walls.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

That's the thing. This Traitor knew us, we didn't know him, he would die if we targeted him.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by PJ. »

xvart wrote:

I think traitor is a pretty difficult role to play, and I think your breadcrumb was a pretty smart way to play it such that scum would want to kill you (I'm guessing if the scum tried to kill you you got recruited instead?) and then you could really flesh it out after having the opportunity to talk to your partners. But when it was joined with the miller stuff it undermined the entire thing since you would have to eventually claim mason with the person that just "counterclaimed" you or
hope that Thomith stays out of the limelight

This. It was going according to plan until he voted me, than I just didn't know what to do, so I threw a hail mary.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by Thomith »

Panzerjager wrote:
xvart wrote:

I think traitor is a pretty difficult role to play, and I think your breadcrumb was a pretty smart way to play it such that scum would want to kill you (I'm guessing if the scum tried to kill you you got recruited instead?) and then you could really flesh it out after having the opportunity to talk to your partners. But when it was joined with the miller stuff it undermined the entire thing since you would have to eventually claim mason with the person that just "counterclaimed" you or
hope that Thomith stays out of the limelight

This. It was going according to plan until he voted me, than I just didn't know what to do, so I threw a hail mary.

sorry about that, i had a PR read on you and wanted you gone. Shame you ended up being traitor :/

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by xvart »

SleepyKrew, 1146 wrote:That's the thing. This Traitor knew us, we didn't know him, he would die if we targeted him.

Oh. I thought the traitor was someone if you tried to kill you recruited him into your QT.

Panzerjager wrote:This. It was going according to plan until he voted me, than I just didn't know what to do, so I threw a hail mary.

However, I think it was problematic in the beginning when your breadcrumb was directly tied into a suspicion of one of the mafia partners.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”