[Mini 1208] Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery (Over)

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am

Post by smargaret »

xRECKONERx wrote:Here's the thing:

#1) Fate hasn't caught Reckscum to the best of my knowledge, and in fact I can recall times Fate & I have been wrong about each other.

#2) We know how night actions work. IHSIB said they would be run generally the same as last game, which went as follows:
1 scum alive = nightkill
2 scum alive = ability
3 scum alive = better ability

One-shot anything doesn't fit in with that schema which is why I was more inclined to say Paramatown. Even last game, the votesteal ability I had worked once per day as long as three scum were alive IIRC.

#3) As I said, my ability is terrible. Just terrible. I hate it. Make me a VT for fuck's sake over this shit.

But IIRC, last game you claimed JOAT with, among other things, a
one-shot vote-steal
. The one-shot doesn't clear Parama (he may be scum anticipating bussing a buddy), but I think the day-vig probably does.

I think what makes me most uncomfortable is the way Reck's claim changed, especially after all the different things he claimed last game.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Parama »

I think Reck's saying he's narrowed down his pool of potential suspects to 6 players, which means he thinks all the scum are in the group. Feel free to keep misunderstanding things that should be obvious though.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am

Post by smargaret »

kiwieagle wrote:
To your 1st question:
Depends on the person / null point.

2nd question:
Yeah I get it. My bad.

3rd question:
Do you feel Seacore is misrepping me (y/n)?

Kiwi, please say town/scum and give a few words on why for each of the following people:

Reck
Fate
Brian
Seacore
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:54 am

Post by smargaret »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm not playing to the investigative style because I hadn't planned on using it to investigate, I had planned on using it to confirm myself every night... then I reread and saw I was one-shot.

Factional claims being before or after is a moot point -- now, scum are locked into a claim. It's rather moot. I can't comment on the flavor of my claim, because it's what the mod fucking gave me. I mean, if that's lynchworthy, go for it, and we can all just bitch at the mod post-game for not being consistent with the flavor.

In any case, whatever. The role is underpowered. I said this already. Multiple times. I said it's basically useless but the only way I *can* use it now is as a last-ditch investigative power. Neighborizer is a fucking terrible ability.

So, essentially, the one thing you really agree with on me being scum comes from the one thing I cannot defend or control.

Why would you be interested in confirming yourself over investigating? You're a strong enough player you should be able to confirm yourself by your daygame; an investigation sounds like it would be more useful to town. Scum want to be "confirmed", especially after we lost the last game by process of elimination.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Fate »

Come around smarg

To the light side

You see what I see
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 am

Post by smargaret »

Parama, I don't see how you read "There's scum in this set" as equivalent to "All scum are in this set", but whatever.

Unvote
Vote: Reck

In non-Reck/Fate news, Elli is probably town, there's not enough to read Brian/Hindu (I've done something similar to the Valern thing as town; withholding judgment for now), Kiwi is painfully new and probably town, and Seacore is making me anxious with the vote-hopping.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

smargaret wrote:This ... doesn't even work. There's presumably more than one scum in the game, so not doing the nk tonight doesn't actually prove anything. Reck, you're a better player than this.

Yes, but if it gets down to MULTIPLE SCUM DEAD and I'M STILL NEIGHBORIZING then YES IT CONFIRMS ME. hurr durrrrrrp

smargaret wrote:This. Last game, the abilities were attributes of our characters; /w sounds like an attribute of a flesh and blood player.

k if this is what you're going to use to assault me then I'm going to stop responding. I
CANNOT
defend myself against the mod decided to use weird flavor.

smargaret wrote:But IIRC, last game you claimed JOAT with, among other things, a one-shot vote-steal. The one-shot doesn't clear Parama (he may be scum anticipating bussing a buddy), but I think the day-vig probably does.

Please don't be this stupid.

Parama has outted himself as a dayvig. He has only claimed one shot. Even if he uses supersecret communications with the mod to kill people off, he's smart enough to know that we're going to be coming down on him for it.

smargaret wrote:Why would you be interested in confirming yourself over investigating? You're a strong enough player you should be able to confirm yourself by your daygame; an investigation sounds like it would be more useful to town. Scum want to be "confirmed", especially after we lost the last game by process of elimination.

Because my role
sucks ass
I chose to use my SHITTY ROLE a certain way (to confirm myself) THEN REREAD MY ROLE PM and realized I COULDN'T confirm myself, thus once I had NEW INFORMATION my usage of the role CHANGED which is why I ASKED FOR A GODDAMN MASS FACTION CLAIM.

aaaaand you're voting me.

Fate/smargaret scumteam OMGIS
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'll get around to a case on one or both of them at some point, but I really don't give two fucks about this game.

There's no case on me, there's no solid reasoning for me being scum, it's just Fate screaming and blowing hot air and smargaret slinking onto the wagon with him. If you guys are lynching me, do it right now, please, so I don't have to be in this game any longer.
green shirt thursdays
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 am

Post by kiwieagle »

Reck:
Claim seems honest.. Leaning town/null

Fate:
His attacks make sense, but seem forced. And
hes way too relentless and stubborn.

Brian:
I dont know... he hasnt posted much....

Seacore:
HE MISREPS ME!
Hmm.... his sheeping on fate gives me bad vibes ... but lots of people have sheeped fate.... ehhh .....
Not never dead.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Seacore »

I think I've caught scum.

BrianMcQueso wrote:

The flavor of your claim ("/w") doesn't fit the flavor of
other powers
in the game. The claim itself seems so weak that it's hard to believe. And you're not playing to the investigative style you're claiming. Even if, on your best day, you're a one-shot cop, cops don't claim for no reason D1.

Brian, how do you know what multiple other powers in this game look like?

Got a list of abilities on your scum PM do you?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Seacore »

That being said, I've actually got a feeling that Brian might be scum with Reck. His case on Reck feels half bus and half frustration at Reck not fake claiming well.

1) Brian brought up his disbelief on the "command" over "ability" claim after mine but didn't reference or 'agree' with me. As if he was trying to score points for himself.
2) His paragraph on "what I would have done with your claim" feels like frustrated buddy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not scum with jack shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

needs moar starbuck btw
green shirt thursdays
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

So no comment on my #384, Reck? That has nothing to do with him being a supposed buddy of you, yet you don't comment on it.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

wait wait wait afgalabaaaa
Reck you're making this hard for me....
Don't you keep the QT for the REST OF THE GAME post neighborization?
smarg wrote:I'm starting to lean towards Reckscum, but I want some serious explanation for how Reck could be "mod-confirmed' scum from Fate.

lolwut...ahaaahaahaaaaaaaa
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Seacore wrote:So no comment on my #384, Reck? That has nothing to do with him being a supposed buddy of you, yet you don't comment on it.

/notatmebutI'mnotcommentingoniteither
Actually i won't comment on this either since that wouldn't...
Continue, continue.
FLASH OF GREEN
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I don't get a good feeling about Seacore at all. I can totally emphathize with him about kiwieagle, but he's talking about others' forced cases and the last bit that I've read reads like he's doing just that.

I do think the votes on BrianMcQueso about his unvote are ridiculous. I'm not saying that he's in the right, but whatever he saw to vote Valern in the first place must not have been as scummilicious as he originally felt.

So Parama and Elli, I'm a little disjointed about it. Reck, seriously wtf? You're already being painted as a scumbag and an opportunistic vote like this won't help you.

BrianMcQueso wrote:BTW, Reck's whole "/w" power is still sketchy to me. Last game, all the powers were actual abilities (Mark of the Wild, Arcane Intellect, etc.) inHim might have switched it up, but I still have my doubts.

I think it'd be really clever of inHim if he used abilities that correlate to keyboard commands. They are used just as often as spells or abilities.

Seacore wrote:I am however very interested in this Brian case that is developing.

What Brian case? That his hunch wasn't as big as he originally thought? Weak.

Seacore wrote:If somebody can confirm #1 I'll switch to Brian immediately.

Reck already asked what I would have. But seriously, you are making yourself out to be more and more scummier.

Seacore wrote:How's this, I'll join the Brian lynch today. You do your power tonight, and I'll reassess later.

This feels like you are appeasing Reck. How about standing on your own two feet and declaring who you think is scum?

Ellibereth wrote:RECK DON'T INSULT MY FAVORITE ROLE.
seacore wrote:For the record I left my vote on Reck because I don't like to unvote without replacing it (unless I'm worried about a hammer). I was too tired to have a big think on it.

Fate does have some points that I'm still agreeing with, so I'm not quite willing to let Reck slide yet. I am however very interested in this Brian case that is developing.

Hmmaina, there's something I don't like here...it's like "I'm not going to let Reck slide but I'll let Fate do the pressing work there...oh brian case is cool too."

QFT

Fate wrote:Get your ass off Brian, who is being wagonned for an RVS level tell "lol he forgot who his vote was on and lied about he is scumzors" HORSE SHIT.

Another QFT

kiwieagle wrote:So I have not defended myself, is what your saying right?
Hmm
ISO me, if you wish.
I believe I have defended myself with something other than "no you"

You really haven't.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

kiwieagle wrote:
Seacore wrote:
kiwieagle wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:ACTUALLY don't race claim in case scum can use that to their advantage

Horde is Orc/Goblin/Troll/Undead(Forsaken)/Tauren/Blood Elf

Alliance is Human/Night Elf/Dranei/Dwarf/Gnome/Worgen

PREDIT: yeah just say faction

Then your lying to us or what?

I understand you're confusion Kiwi, we've been given role PMs that state our Race and Class. Making it clear that we're actual toons inside WoW.

You've been given a Role PM like this one:

Here you are implying im asking a question about class and race

Deadmines Scum Role PM wrote:
Players
: xRECKONERx, smargaret, Enigma

Races
: Various
Class
: Defias Saboteur

Abilities

• Chaos in the Foundry
    – As long as three of you are alive, you may secretly move any player’s vote to the voted player of your choice one time each Day.
  • Mr. Smite’s Improvisation
    – As long as two of you are alive, one of the Saboteurs may roleblock one player’s Night actions.
  • Lapdogs, all of you!
    – As long as one of you is alive, one of the Saboteurs may kill one player at Night and force them to ragequit.
  • Patrol!
    – As long as one of you is alive, you may use the provided QuickTopic to talk at ANY time. http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FACjCCatwSVJj
  • Red Wool Bandanas
    – you have disguised yourself in the ranks of this group and know the following:
    • There are no Dwarves in this group.
      Dwarves can be Warriors, Shaman, Hunters, Rogues, Priests, Mages, Paladins, and Warlocks.

• There are no Rogues in this group.
      Rogues can be played by Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Goblins, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, and Worgen.

• There are both Alliance and Horde in the group, though there are more Alliance.

• Fake Claim, Please!
    – Send me a Race/Class combination and I’ll send you some possible Abilities and Actions that Race/Class combo might have in this game.

Win Condition
: You win when it is no longer possible for the group to hold a majority over you, the Defias Saboteurs.

This Rolepm doesn't make it clear what you are, so you're getting confused. It doesn't have a race, and you can't very well claim the class it says.

That's okay, it's a confusing game when you're scum and don't know the source material.

Here you imply my question has to do with me being confused about my race

and in that post you just made your implying that I stated your faking because your scum.

Stop implying fake crap, and start posting real attacks.

happy?
Not never dead.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Seacore wrote:I think I've caught scum.

BrianMcQueso wrote:

other powers
in the game. The claim itself seems so weak that it's hard to believe. And you're not playing to the investigative style you're claiming. Even if, on your best day, you're a one-shot cop, cops don't claim for no reason D1.

You're stretching further than Mr. Fantastic. I know what all the powers looked like in the Deadmines game. I know that it's the same format in this game because I have my role PM, and I read the moderator's posts. The moderator has "Last Stand" in the example, not "/wave".

Do you honestly think the scum get lists of abilities? Because that would be busted. And even if they did,
and
I'm a scum, you think I would slip it out like that? That's a lot of ifs. I think you all need to stop looking for scum slips and start analyzing behavior. The scum out there aren't going to hand over their identities on a silver platter.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Brian's Post 349 is frakking excellent posting.

smargaret wrote:Last game, the abilities were attributes of our characters; /w sounds like an attribute of a flesh and blood player.

But you can't /w unless you are on your toon online. It doesn't work offline. It would be like typing up a macro and keybinding it.

It's still an ability that is able to be used.

Seacore wrote:I think I've caught scum.

BrianMcQueso wrote:

other powers

I think you're rolefishing.

Seacore wrote:That being said, I've actually got a feeling that Brian might be scum with Reck. His case on Reck feels half bus and half frustration at Reck not fake claiming well.

1) Brian brought up his disbelief on the "command" over "ability" claim after mine but didn't reference or 'agree' with me. As if he was trying to score points for himself.
2) His paragraph on "what I would have done with your claim" feels like frustrated buddy.

And more weak arguments.

This feels like you couldn't get a wagon rolling on kiwi, so you are going for the next easiest target.

Vote: Seacore
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

seacore-smargaret-Fate

CALLING IT NOW!
Not never dead.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Also, I wanted to give Reck a chance to respond before voting. I understand what you're saying, but it still just doesn't add up. Your confirmability has changed, what you're trying to do with your role has changed, the ability name doesn't
make sense, and the ability function doesn't make sense.

vote: xRECKONERx
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ellibereth wrote:wait wait wait afgalabaaaa
Reck you're making this hard for me....
Don't you keep the QT for the REST OF THE GAME post neighborization?
smarg wrote:I'm starting to lean towards Reckscum, but I want some serious explanation for how Reck could be "mod-confirmed' scum from Fate.

lolwut...ahaaahaahaaaaaaaa

Not if you're not a one-shot neighborizer. One-shot variants keep the QT the rest of the game; unlimited variants can form a new one everynight. I thought I was unlimited, but I'm one-shot. I've explained this.

In any case, I'm not sure I buy Brian being as bleedingly obvious town as Starbuck does, but I find her vote on Seacore to be acceptable.

Fate/Seacore would make sense but I just don't know that either of them would be this bloody obvious. Then again, that's WIFOM.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, if I get to L-1, I'm self-hammering. This town is fucking retarded.
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Fate »

LolATE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”