thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Unvote: Bacde

If you don't think Twomz is scummy and is just an easy target, who do you think we should go after at the moment? I still don't like the way you followed Fritzler, but at this point there are probably better targets out there. On a normal basis, I'd vote for Fritzler, but it's apparent that this is how he always plays and doesn't indicate if he is mafia or not. I'll re-read what I can Wednesday night, and post what stands out to me then.

Also:
Glork wrote:...I think Bacde's mistake was an innocent one. A stupid one... but an innocent one.
Replace "Bacde" with "Twomz" and "mistake" with "joke," and that's how I view the Twomz bandwagon.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I don't like the Twomz wagon; he did initialy seem scummy to me but it has gotten to the point were I think he is innocent. My vote remains on Bacde.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:20 pm

Post by Vaughn »

I do not support the Twomz Bandwagon, because many of us don't have opening quotes. If he were scum, It would've made no sense to make such a play. Sure he's been scummy here and there, but playing with Twomz has taught me that that's just how Twomz plays.

@Glork - I just wanted it somewhere.. and chamber's always a good place for it :)

However It's noted that bacde is against Twomz lynching.

I'm going to throw a
unvote, vote CES

My vote on CES is to leave a paper trail, and to note that I noticed scummy behaviour. Something to use if something surfaces in the future.
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:49 pm

Post by Glork »

Vaughn wrote:I do not support the Twomz Bandwagon, because many of us don't have opening quotes. If he were scum, It would've made no sense to make such a play. Sure he's been scummy here and there, but playing with Twomz has taught me that that's just how Twomz plays.
Actually, Twomz's "restricted" post came very early on, before it was known that some people had no restrictions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Hop Shui »

Classroom power was concentrated in the hands of the leaders of a few groups. A “black den of the cow ghosts and snake demons” prison was set up. It consisted of 3 rooms in which 60 teachers were imprisoned. The fate of the teachers in the black den was a cruel one.

The physics teacher was thrown into the black den on charges of having been a “big landlord” and “old reactionary.” He was condemned to hard labor day and night. He was a bit hard of hearing and was at a great disadvantage when his hearing aid was destroyed. His tormentors accused him of “slyness” and “pretending to be deaf” and tortured him very cruelly. Once morning when they made him sweep the third floor of a school building, he jumped out a window. Shortly afterwards someone came and told us that Teacher Hua had committed suicide. We ran out and saw him on the ground. He was still able to talk, though he dared not tell truth, saying only that he had fallen. He was bleeding profusely, but people just stood around watching him as he lay there softly groaning. Finally, two other “black gangsters” took him to the hospital and summoned his family.

The students charged his family with having got him to pretend suicide and forced one of its members to confess: “Hua was wrong in doing this. We must draw a clear line between him and us. We must struggle against him for taking this defiant action.” He died five days later. Two days later, his home was raided. The student raiders mostly children of the military, took his radio, his books, even his bankbook. Some of them dug 3 feet into the ground and broke into the walls on the pretext of searching for opium. Actually, they were looking for gold; many families had hdden their jewerly or even gold bars in their houses and yards after the revolution.

Hop Shui trembles as he calligraphs the vote count...

Cogito Ergo Sum: 6 (LML, Tamuz, the Unwritten, mlaker, Pooky, Vaugh)
Twomz: 6 (chamber, igota75, mystery meat of doom, Fritzler, Shamrock, CES)

Bacde: 5 (Y, Yosarian2, Pug89, SOS, Twomz).
Y: 2 (TSAGod, Bacde).
chamber: 2 (Thok, Vaughn).
TSAGod: 1 (igota75).
Shamrock: 1 (Glork).
Tamuz: 1 ( Babyjesus)
mlaker: 1 (VisMaior)
Long live Mao!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Twomz »

When did CES get up so high? :shock: Geez.

As one of the 2 most voted for people, i don't mind claiming if y'all want me too.

@ Vaughn: Chamber is a pretty good place to just leave your vote. I mean, lots of stuff can happen in chambers that can push the case either way.

(puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:32 pm

Post by Glork »

I thought I had already
Unvote
d to
Vote: Twomz
. Either way, it should be on Twomz now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Glork wrote:I thought I had already
Unvote
d to
. Either way, it should be on Twomz now.
Fixed. :oops:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
igota75
igota75
Townie
igota75
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:42 pm

Post by igota75 »

Mod, I can't vote twice, so I
Unvote: All (TSAGod and Twomz)
for those reasons previously stated.
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:38 am

Post by Hop Shui »

Class struggle update...

Top running dogs for the capitalist roaders:

Twomz: 7 (chamber, igota75, mystery meat of doom, Glork, Fritzler, Shamrock, CES)

Cogito Ergo Sum: 6 (LML, Tamuz, the Unwritten, mlaker, Pooky, Vaugh)

Y: 2 (TSAGod, Bacde).
Tamuz: 1 ( Babyjesus)

There was truly heroic resistance from ordinary people. One was a 19 yr-old woman, a student of German called Wang Rongfen. She attended the Tiananmen Rally on August 18, 1966, and her reaction showed astonishing freshness and independence of spirit, as well as courage. She thought that is was "just like Hitler's," and wrote to Mao posing a number of sharp questions: "The Cultural Revolution is not a mass movement. It is one man with the gun manipulating the masses. I declare I resign from the Communist Youth League." One letter she wrote in German, and with that in her pocket she got hold of 4 bottles of insecticide and drank them outside the Soviet embassy hoping the Russians would discover her corpse and publicize her protest to the world. Instead, she woke up in a police hospital, and was sentenced to life emprisonment. For months on end, her hands were tightly handcuffed behind her back and she had to roll herself along the floor to get her mouth to the food that was just tossed onto the floor of her cell. When the handcuffs were finally removed, they had to be sawn off, as the lock was jammed with rust. This extraordinary young woman survived prison - and Mao - with her spirit undimmed.

Soon, your moderator who is hopelessly vote-count challenged, will entertain you with the story of Marshall Peng Dehuai, and the great and tragic love between Liu Shaoqi and his wife Wang Guangmei.
Long live Mao!
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:18 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote, vote CES
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:19 am

Post by Twomz »

Fine... although that's only 1/2 the required votes to lynch, i'm still going to claim. I'm a simple Chinese Peasant (Vanilla). *shrug* I'm fine w/ being lynched day 1. It's better than outting a power role, and it should give us some info on who kept trying to get me lynched. But i'm not going to just give up and vote myself... y'all are gonna have to come up w/ 7 more votes if you want to end the day. (geez, even if we found scum we may not be able to lynch them...)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:40 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Well, I don't really have an opinion either way about the claim, so I'll keep my vote as it is.
Buy mystery meat.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:40 am

Post by TSAGod »

unvote, vote twomz

My inability to make myself known better now derail this bandwagon.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Well, I figured this would be appropriate now. I too, am a vanilla townie with no post restriction. I feel that this should confirm Twomz, as well as some others. Here is why I decided to reveal this:

1) If I had let the Twomz lynch go through, everyone would have figured it out anyway. So, by doing this, I think we're just sparing the Twomz lynch, and the loss of a townie. All of the people who have posted without restriction (Twomz, SOS, myself, Shamrock, and Coron/argos_kos possibly--they haven't posted) are probably pro-town as regular Chinese peasants. Twomz is, and I am, so I'm willing to deduce that the rest of the post restriction-free people are as well. I'm inclined to believe Twomz' claim, as it fits in well with my role. I thought this was the case earlier, and now I'm pretty sure of it.

2) I feel that this clears a certain amount of players as vanilla townies. While it does increase the mafia's chances of hitting power roles at night, it also helps our chances of lynching mafia during the day.

3) As I said before, I felt that this would be discovered later on anyway. So no reason to wait and sacrifice Twomz, and then point it out after.

Given that the aforementioned players are pro-town, I think that there are some mafia on the Twomz bandwagon. So I think the most likely to be mafia is the one who started it all, and pushed it adamantly for most of these 17 pages.

Vote: Glork
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Does your specifically say Chinese peasent like his does? I think that in his situation and I were mafia, I would also claim vanilla, but if your descriptions match then it's a point in his favour.
Buy mystery meat.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Unvote, Vote Glork

Also, we need to
prod Coron and argos_kos.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Post by Shamrock »

You know, I should probably clarify.

I'm a Chinese Peasant too, so I believe Twomz because he specifically stated his role using the same name as mine.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Yes, I am a Chinese peasant. Given Shamrock's role as well as my own, I'm pretty sure that Twomz is also a peasant.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by Y »

I don't think a mafioso would stick so long and so clearly to a lynch. It's so scummy that any mafia would avoid it.

Thank you all for helping mafia to get power roles and for helping them claim "Chinese Peasant" to clear themselves.

If there's something I've noticed in all the games I played before (Not much, all noob. But still), is that every time there is some one who's so pro-town that turns out mafia. I think thedocsalive is starting going that way. By the way, he concluded that Twoms is town because of the restriction, but didn't say anything about "Chinese Peasant", although he claims to be one himself.
FoS thedocsalive

I also don't think the ones with no restriction are proved as town. It would be too easy.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:33 pm

When Shamrock claimed I started getting doubts. This could easily be a mafia ploy, either Shamrock or thedosalive. And I really REALLY don't like the claiming going on. IMO Shamrock claiming was a bad idea.
Buy mystery meat.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

No no no... i didn't care if i was believed or not. It's established now that i'm vanilla townie, fine... but we shouldn't believe any of the others claiming the same thing. The mafia can now easily just claim "chinese peasant" and get a free ticket... and y'all are trying to narrow the field of possible power roles for the mafia.

It would have been much better for the town if you hadn't said anything... lynched me, and when a mafiaso tried to fake claim... "Vanilla, Chinese farmer." You could have caught them easily...

Also, i agree w/ Y, the mafia are probably split between posting restrictions and not having posting restrictions.

I'm fine w/ being lynched today. We haven't outted any power roles, and losing a vanilla townie isn't that big of a deal. After tonight we'll have a better idea of the number of kill groups... and we'll have a better idea of where peoples alignments lie by studying who they bandwagoned today.

*sigh* God, i try to sacrifice myself for the town... and y'all turn it into an easy out for scum.
Hop Shui
Hop Shui
Goon
Hop Shui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by Hop Shui »

Class struggle update:

Twomz: 7 (chamber, igota75, mystery meat of doom, Glork, Fritzler, CES, TSAGod)

Cogito Ergo Sum: 7 (LML, Tamuz, the Unwritten, mlaker, Pooky, Vaugh, BabyJesus)

Glork: 2 (thedocsalive, Shamrock)
Y: 1 (Bacde).

Replacement sought for argos_kos.
Coron prodded.
Long live Mao!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Well, if he's going to be confirmed by other citizens, I'll definitely believe it for now. If either Shamrock or docisalive dies and turns up scum, though, all three of you will be hanging.
Unvote

Time to re-read the thread and decide who I think is scummy, since I no longer like either lynchwagon.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: mlaker

Reasons given here.