Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:
@Everyone voting me:
will you pledge to eat your hat when I flip town? Kthxbai.

Nope, I will do not comply to the requests of scum, by the way, that is an amazing defense. "Eat your hat if im town k?".

Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:In this post ZeL1nK says that he thinks my Zinger lynch is scummy. However this is odd because I did so with
a ton of self confidence

Of course you were. After all, as scum you can afford to be as confident as you like, right?

As town, you should always have some doubts. Being too confident is a scumtell.

I'm confident because I'm confident in my strong read of scum from you. And my post was about dissonance in ZeL1nK's post. You took what I said out of context and assumed that you understand the situation when you don't.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

We don't believe that Junpei's habitual extreme and disproportionate self-assurance is in any way a scumtell. We think he genuinely believes he's smarter than everyone else.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Leonshade »

Zinger2099 wrote:
@Everyone voting me:
will you pledge to eat your hat when I flip town? Kthxbai.

Are you attempting to dissuage people from voting for you with this? If so, it's not going to work.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Leonshade »

The Fonz wrote:We don't believe that Junpei's habitual extreme and disproportionate self-assurance is in any way a scumtell. We think he genuinely believes he's smarter than everyone else.

Who are you?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

The Fonz wrote:We don't believe that Junpei's habitual extreme and disproportionate self-assurance is in any way a scumtell. We think he genuinely believes he's smarter than everyone else.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Junpei »

You're one person who I would expect to hear that from.

However I will inform you that I do not believe I'm smarter than everyone else rather that I believe that I've found something that shouldn't be disregarded. Don't take my extreme confidence as "he thinks he knows the truth because he's of the opinion he is smarter than us", rather take it as me trying to squeeze information out of the situation. As shown with the Meran example, I have no problems swiftly changing my opinion of someone if proven wrong, even if it isn't actual proof rather events that imply my thought was wrong.

Although I wasn't aware you had joined us.

Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 am

So that's you and Leonshade not reading the game then... interesting.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Junpei »

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:So that's you and Leonshade not reading the game then... interesting.

Just checked, Jason never said The Fonz was replacing in, the OP also doesn't reflect this.

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:18 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

junpei wrote:In this post ZeL1nK says that he thinks my Zinger lynch is scummy. However this is odd because I did so with a ton of self confidence.

*snip*

Now it's a town tell to push hard on a wagon? You even say arrogantly so even if you don't agree with my logic it should still be a town tell for you.

What are you, a moron?

The key here is that you're pushing an obvious mislynch and Silver hasn't shown any indicationt that he'd be willing to vote for any of the main wagons.

Here, I'll bold the key point because you seem to have overlooked why I consider his arrogance a town tell.

I wrote:
My opinion on why this makes him look town is because I'm of the opinion that all of the main wagons are town wagons, and he hasn't taken the opportunity to move to any of them

---

Junpei wrote:Which brings me to the second thing he is trying to do, which is form the identity that he is the defender of the two wagons, Silver and Zinger. Most likely so that he doesn't have to choose sides.

Actually, 3 wagons. I also think DavidX is town.

And yeah, I'm not going to be on any of those wagons today unless they start spewing what I consider scum tells.

---

thad wrote:- was very wishy-washy regarding vifam. Uses phrases like "odd" and "I don't know what to think". Also the heads don't seem to agree about vifam

The Vifam thing came from cjdrum, and that's standard play from what I've seen of cjdrum. Probably more likely to come from cj-town, if anything - I'm more inclined to believe cj-scum wouldn't say something like "I don't know what to think".

As for the difference in opinions of the head, why do you think this is scummy rather than a case of heads not co-operating. It seems like they're having issues with being a hydra. Unless you think that in itself is scummy (and I'd like to know why if you do), I don't see how you can use this as a reason for suspecting silver. :/

thad wrote:- accusing moi of cheating during their argument

Just verifying, this is something you think is scummy? Or more likely to come from scum than town?

thad wrote:Could there be a softer target?

Well, Zinger for one. DavidX seems to be a fairly soft target as well.

plj wrote:We don't believe that Junpei's habitual extreme and disproportionate self-assurance is in any way a scumtell. We think he genuinely believes he's smarter than everyone else.

I assume this is due to modding experience with him? I can agree with this statement. Like I said previously, if I hadn't seem him act this way as town before, I'd think he's scum.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Junpei »

ZeL1nK given what countless others have repeated and said about Zinger, Zinger is NOT an obvious mislynch, stop acting like you're allknowing. It is unsettling when someone pretends to know more than they should.

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:24 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

Junpei wrote:Zinger is NOT an obvious mislynch

Yes he is.

---

@Thad,

Also the composition of silver's scum list is something I don't see coming from scum, unless they're really, really, really ambitious scum.

What do you think of this from silver:

silver wrote:1. I'd rather me than zinger
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Junpei »

ZeL1nK, know he is not.

Explain how he is an obvious mislynch because as it stands there are some convincing cases against him.

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

No, there aren't.

It's the same crap over and over again.

I'll sum up it all up in one go. "He claimed third party".

^Yep, that's it. That's the entire convincing case against him.

I'm done arguing about it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey Zel1nk -

Care to provide a few more scum reads than just Izak?

Because you are doing a bang-up job telling us who isn't scum but in a Large Theme you probably should have more suspects than just Mr. Goomba.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 am

Right, and that's a good argument. I've never seen town claim third party before. I cannot envisage any scenario in which it is a good idea for town to claim third party. I HAVE seen scum claim third party. If some people who do X are scum and none are town, then it's a good lynch.

Also, you're forgetting the whole timeline. Zinger was being wagoned for refusing to contribute. So he claims 3p, with the explanation that his lack of scumhunting was because, as a third party, he didn't want to upset the scum and get nightkilled. Well, if he's retracted his third party claim, then we have to accept that he has not presented any kind of justification for the kind of behavior that got him wagoned in the first place, because he's retracted the explanation he did offer.
Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 am

^
|

The above directed at zelink, ninjad by MoI.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 am

Post by hiplop »

ZeL1nK wrote:No, there aren't.

It's the same crap over and over again.

I'll sum up it all up in one go. "He claimed third party".

^Yep, that's it. That's the entire convincing case against him.

I'm done arguing about it.

If he claimed scum would you be saying the same thing? If you're town, it should mean the same to you
third best scummer of all time
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:05 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ZeL1nK wrote:As for the difference in opinions of the head, why do you think this is scummy rather than a case of heads not co-operating. It seems like they're having issues with being a hydra. Unless you think that in itself is scummy (and I'd like to know why if you do), I don't see how you can use this as a reason for suspecting silver. :/

It adds to the general air of wishy-washiness but is admittedly probably due to the issues they are having as a hydra. No I don't think that in and of itself is scummy.

ZeL1nK wrote:
thad wrote:- accusing moi of cheating during their argument

Just verifying, this is something you think is scummy? Or more likely to come from scum than town?

Yes. I think it is an attempt to nullify/undermine the argument without actually addressing the argument.

ZeL1nK wrote:
thad wrote:Could there be a softer target?

Well, Zinger for one. DavidX seems to be a fairly soft target as well.

That's actually a good point. The zinger bit at least. I'm not as sold on david being a soft target as he's generally been able to defend himself quite well.

ZeL1nK wrote:@Thad,

Also the composition of silver's scum list is something I don't see coming from scum, unless they're really, really, really ambitious scum.

What makes you say that about the composition? Is it that it is so ridiculously bad it couldn't possibly be scum?

ZeL1nK wrote:What do you think of this from silver:

silver wrote:1. I'd rather me than zinger

To be honest I don't know.
It actually seems genuine. I mean it
could
be a gambit, but it doesn't feel like one.

I shall ponder this and come back to it on the morrow...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:27 am

Post by David Xanatos »

ThAd > I think by "soft target" he means someone who's already got pressure/wagoning on them, so a cursory attack and vote wouldn't look so out of place. At least that's the way I read it.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
ThreeIsFrench
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 am

Post by ThreeIsFrench »

To be honest I don't know.
It actually seems genuine. I mean it could be a gambit, but it doesn't feel like one.

its either scum motivated, or really, really bad play.
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:48 am

Post by silverdrummer »

-Thad
ThAdmiral wrote:For an example of the latter see andrew. In fact his entire play today has largely been flying under the radar.

Or Pine.... actually much more so Pine

-volk

This just ignores the point that you vote Nero for making a "useless" post which is the same as a post previously made by you

Can you clarify this or quote the post directed at me.

-Nero
Please answer 1048.

-To why u > zinger people
Zinger would be more beneficial then me in a few ways and I still think he's a VI town.

-ThreeIsFrench
Silver is also scum, but Zinger needs to die today; no matter what.

Why the full preference of one over the other when you believe both to be scum?

its either scum motivated, or really, really bad play.

Ok scum motivation I can see (gambit theory).
Expand on how it's bad play please.
---
I still don't understand why I'm seeing excuses being made for Pine. Some have said he's being replaced which is a flat out lie thus far. Some have said he should be gone soon which again as the past dictates is false. $10 says that when Pine makes a post again whether he is prodded again or not we get another "I swear guys i'm going to catch up". Thad's accusation of andrew flying under the radar... just frankly disturbs me.
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Mod taking V/LA for a day or so. Knocked myself out earlier after banging my head and have a slight concussion, Sotty will be doing vote count later.

Not voting will be added day 2 to the vote counts.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

moi wrote:Care to provide a few more scum reads than just Izak?

Because you are doing a bang-up job telling us who isn't scum but in a Large Theme you probably should have more suspects than just Mr. Goomba.

No. Consider anyone outside of my town reads a scum read, for the purposes of figuring out who I currently suspect.

2, possibly 3 of {vezok, 3isfrench, izak, plj, vollkan, pinky}
2 of {slate, oversoul, nero cain, chevre}
1, possibly 2 of the players not on Silver/Zinger atm.

That's about as helpful as I'll get prior to at least one of their flips.

plj wrote:I HAVE seen scum claim third party.

Have you ever seen scum claim third party under the same conditions? As in, unprompted D1.

I'm not saying I've seen town do it, but I haven't seen scum do it, and it makes a lot more sense if it's a failed gambit coming from town than a scum gambit.

plj wrote:So he claims 3p, with the explanation that his lack of scumhunting was because, as a third party, he didn't want to upset the scum and get nightkilled.

Zinger really didn't have a substantial wagon at the time. He
was
getting wagoned, but not enough that it would pressure Zinger-scum to claim third party.

Also, it makes a whole lot more sense if you think of this as being set up from the start of the game (or perhaps even before the game started). That would also explain why he was inentionally playing in an anti-town manner at the beginning of the game (setting up for a fake-claim as a gambit).

hiplop wrote:If he claimed scum would you be saying the same thing? If you're town, it should mean the same to you

Claiming scum is a bit different to someone claiming a third party role that they didn't think was an anti-town role.

thad wrote:What makes you say that about the composition?

1) Lack of obvious candidates
2) Inclusion of not-so-obvious candidates
^ Vastly different from almost any other suspect list put forth thus far. It's not so much that it
wouldn't
come from scum, but that it's far more likely to come from stubborn town set in their reads.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Junpei »

ZeL1nK I don't understand why you're using this logic.

You say that the only reasoning behind the Zinger lynch is that he claimed third party.

First of all, it is also his scummy behavior, his lie which makes no sense, his doctor fakeout claim, then finally the fact that at the end of it he ends up claiming JK of all things.

Your reasoning is that Zinger is so stupid that it has to be a town failed gambit because it can't be a failed scum gambit. THAT LOGIC WORKZ LOL. Face it, it makes no sense as any alignment except for possibly third party if he thought that he could lie about his role and get a free pass. It was a poorly formed 3rdparty gambit more than a failed town gambit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”