Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Tovarish »

Vote- Whiskers

Normally, I would let something like his earlier comments regarding the daykill to slide, having been part of the joke and whatnot. His intransigence, rudeness and the overly sensitive replies indicate, at least to me that he has something to hide.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Unvote

Strikes me as a bit risky to bring us to L-2 this early. That said, I'm not exactly smitten by Whiskers' tone. At all, especially given his mandate that the rest of us should go a'hunting.

Substrike, I may be speaking on my own here, but I'm almost never convinced by other payers positing that behavior in past games is indicative of fairly constant patterns in this games. It's the whole correlation vs. causation thing. Maybe I've just been doing too much LSAT practice.

Could someone tell me what a dead mouse is? Also, on a much more reasonable note- I believe I shall be able to post with a great deal more frequency in the coming days. My apologies for the sporadic nature of the posts.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Tovarish »

EDIT- No need to explain Dead mouse.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Tovarish »

Whiskers: there's many differences between scumhunting, and just being rude. Chiefly, you're doing one of them.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Tovarish »

IAM- I haven't seen you really clarify any kind of reason for why you think Whiskers would be Town, and the reason we have these sorts of limits on posting is so individuals post within a minimum expected timeframe. I would have a hard time declaring someone who is adhering to those minimums to be 'not exactly pro-Town' if he is acting within the expectations of the game. It would be far from prudent of us to start penalizing people for doing things outside of playing mafia, if they are still playing Mafia.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Tovarish »

Yeah, I follow.

And to answer your question, Panacea it's a yes and a no. Not in the most literal sense - such as 'if I
m off the wagon I must not be scum' but more of a wariness of how many players in this game are actually part of the Mafia that haven't been on the wagon. I was simply operating under the fear that I may be ennabling some of the resident scum to bumrush the wagon and force a hammer before some of our more sedentary friends took their opportunities to weigh in on the game.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Tovarish »

IAM- in what way was Whiskers' "last post" (not sure if you meant 120 or 113, and I apologize for the delay) more indicative of him being Town.

Also, could I bother you to make more salient your defense of Whiskers.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Tovarish »

As in-averse as I am to letting votes ferment, I'm still looking at Whiskers as my primary suspect, with bob not following that far behind. The OMGUS isn't helping you there, bro. Nor was it convincing when you went after Musicninja. You promise us a case on him, and then hurry along to both jump on a rapidly growing wagon with bobsnox.

Not buying it.
vote- Whiskers
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Tovarish »

EDIT: Against bobsnox
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Tovarish »

Scumhunter, that strikes me as a bit of WIFOM but I'm willing to indulge the issue, begging the apologies of the townfolk. I would additionally posit that simply identifying something as OMGUS - or scummy - does not make it in any way less so. And And I would additionally suggest that this would be the perfect way for him to hide otherwise scummy behavior behind the mask of his iconoclasm. Right now, I am laboring under the assumption that he is scum pretending to be a defiant town, operating under the belief that we will simply mistake him for a Townie who enjoys brony threads a bit too much.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Tovarish »

Whiskers wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:I also can see how Whisker's votes seem to be for anyone but himself. Not great town play I'll admit but survival instinct is not solely a characteristic of scum necessarily. Townies don't want to be lynched either and I can think of some reasons a town-sided player might act that way.

Actually, Not voting for myself is something new that I'm trying out.

Credit where it's due: This was quite funny.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Tovarish »

To answer your Questions Whiskers-

Firstly, the level of rudeness that you display very much struck me as a means to harangue people into not asking you questions. It was, in itself a means of stifling debate, which is never good for the town. The Freak-out, in this context, could very easily be described as a nervous Mafia member confronted with a rather free-spirited Day-Killer. Then there was referring to yourself as Dead Mouse on Page Four, and refusing to defend yourself. Scummy. The clincher for me came near the end though- I've always been wary of players who do scummy things and announce that they're scummy as a means of hiding in plain sight, that's one of the biggest tells I've come across. You've done this with your self announced OMGUS.

The real clincher, however, was your attacks on MusicNinja (whose wagon I really don't understand) that were quickly abandoned as soon as a rather expedient wagon on bobsnox came up. MusicNinja was only brought up after I reminded you of it. And, rather shockingly you're back on him now that there's another convenient wagon.

I say this as respectfully as possible-

Die Scum, Die.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Tovarish »

Bob's getting scumpoints because of the remarks that your letting your vote ferment was apparently some kind of obvscum tell. Also the "quite clear" announcement that Musicninja is scum doesn't sit right either. I don't have a third pick right now. I don't go waving about accusations and attempting to recklessly build wagons.

Noramp, could you be persuaded to provide some kind of content with your vote?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Tovarish »

Also, just on a note of personal interest, could you clarify "the way I am playing?" I've just returned to this account after a yearlong sabbatical and wasn't aware I had a distinct "way" yet.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Tovarish »

I find it rather hypocritical for you to be demanding explanations of votes on bob and Music when you've offered so few of them yourself, Friend.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Tovarish »

Hey Whiskers, to answer your question: my third choice right now is Friend.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Tovarish »

Exactly, which is why Friend's behavior is decidedly anti-Town. I invite everybody to read his ISO's, which will ideally lead us to question why he's spent so long escaping our scrutiny. His one line posts have generated almost no content, and seem to be some kind of way of actively lurking throughout the game. In order to get information out of him, I have to directly ask? Short of actually shooting one of us, it doesn't get less town than that.

Also, he jumps from the Bob to the MN wagon with providing almost no explanation, except that "the last couple posts sealed the deal." And you accuse me of recycling tells.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Tovarish »

unvote

If nothing else Whiskers, your last few posts have been good, honest, and pro-Town. What is worrying me is Maruchan's posit that your value to the Town is apparently linked to your typing speed, and that if you had simply gotten your post in faster he should believe you. For all we know, you could have actually been going to the bathroom, or putting a nice real bottle of wine in front of you. In any case, the only deadline we should be adhering to, and basing anything off of, is the moderator's lynch deadline, and I am more than willing to very closely scrutinize the next person who will assign Town-ness based on such things.

Maruchan- Not to be rude, but I don't care what you did in other games enough to look it up. If you could clarify point B in post #270, I would feel much obliged. It may also do a lot to help dispel the suspicions I have regarding a player who thought he was putting a non-claimed player at L-1.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Tovarish »

What is with all the meta in this? One link to one thread does not a pattern make. You'd best have something much better.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Tovarish »

MOD- Has MusicNinja been prodded, or picked up his prod?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Tovarish »

Whiskers wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Why is it that like every pretty female between the ages of 15 and 25 own an iPhone?

SO NOT FAIR

Advertising?

Quoted for truth.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Tovarish »

Jesus, I think I would have wound up better informed, happier, and an altogether better person if I spent the time I did reading the last round of wall-wars on a pony thread instead. And truth be told, I've had more than enough of other games- whether it's people getting this game mixed up with others or insinuating that what they did in other games has any bearing on this one. to such an end I shall
vote- Maruchan
. The fact that you didn't know what game you were playing doesn't make me think you're town- it makes me think you're dumb. There is NO REASON at all you should lynch a person before he's been given a chance to claim, and doubly so when there's the possibility that he could be replaced.

Also, Maruchan watch your tone. Spastic reactions almost brought Whiskers to the chopping block, and he at least had the decency to be funny while he did it.

I am going to count your vote, but please put your vote on a seperate line so that I can see it easier.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Tovarish »

Yes I can.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Tovarish »

Maruchan- You're at a whopping L-5 and you're already refusing to defend yourself? I'm willing to see the town oblige you.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Tovarish »

Show us.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Tovarish »

You were at L-2, refusing to defend yourself, and playing Deadmouse. The fact that MusicNinja had checked out long before the degree of scrutiny he now suffers is indicative of him not following your schema, Whiskers.

Maruchan used that as an explanation for calling for an earlier lynching. He needs a better excuse than what he's offered us.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Friend and Maruchan: Calm. Down.

Both of you came into this game looking very much differently than you do now. Maruchan, you were all smiles and flirtations now you're being obstinate, irritable and all kinds of touchy. Friend, you were the strong, silent, and sexy that Whiskers apparently had to change the bedding in his stall every now and then. Now you're doing all kinds of yelling and cussing here, there, and about, with a sense of urgency that rather belies the fact that we have nine days left in this Day. Speaking of time, it's been a whole week (in about an hour) since MusicNinja posted. And a week and a half since LTP Mafia posted. Our able Moderator himself admitted that he should be monitoring the activity more often. Since we seem to be past the point of prodding, and it will take even more time to replace the gentlemen in question, it would certainly not be unreasonable to labor under the assumption that more time shall become available, should we seek it collectively.

In the meantime- if you have a case against me, permit me to quote Joseph Ducreaux "Advance towards my person, brother."
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Tovarish »

vote- Maruchan

Just so it's counted.
Not Present 2/19-2/20