Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Friend »

No, Panacea. I think MusicNinja is too scummy to write off as #1.

It's just especially curious how you disregard the two biggest wagons to vote a lurker.

What are your opinions on bobs and Music, with some details/explanation?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.6

(5) bobsnox: iamausername, Scumhunter, Friend, monk, Noramp [L-2]

(3) MusicNinja: Friend, bobsnox, Whiskers [L-4]

(2) Whiskers: LTP Mafia, Tovarish [L-5]

(1) LTP Mafia: Panacea [L-6]

(1) Panacea: Substrike22 [L-6]

(2) Not Voting: crappy, MusicNinja

With
alive it will take
to lynch

Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Tovarish »

I find it rather hypocritical for you to be demanding explanations of votes on bob and Music when you've offered so few of them yourself, Friend.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Panacea »

Sorry for the wall..! I'll try to keep these to a minimum! :(

I didn't like that Bobsnox managed to stay invisible until page 3. I am willing to give it a bit of a pass because a lot of that was pre-game, and at the time I wasn't sure we were supposed to be posting, either. While I didn't like the way he came in later and said "I didn't know which game this was," I do believe it was at least genuine: Bobscum could have easily lurked a few pages, come in, said "I wasn't sure if I could post," and that would have been the end of it, I think.

His vote on Whiskers in #160 doesn't feel too horribly off to me: presumably the straw that broke the camel's back for him was Whiskers's "I was going to vote later," statement, which struck me wrong, too.

By this point in the game (around page 8), I wasn't too sold on a Bob lynch. One-liners with this tone are part of his playstyle. However, his leap onto the Musicninja wagon was way too opportunistic for me, and way less supported than I would have preferred.

Huh. I had thought there were a lot more Bob posts than there actually are. My conclusion on Bob is that he would be a better lynch candidate close to deadline than Whiskers. Is there a term for those players who are scummy early on, survive, and preoccupy a lot of attention for a good portion of the game thereafter? The ones that when their role is finally confirmed, when town annoy you because you spent so much time chasing town, and when scum annoy you because they shouldn't have lived so long. If not there should be. At least with Whiskers, I'm fairly confident we could catch him Tomorrow if he's scum.

On Musicninja, his first non-confirm post rubbed me the wrong way. I think someone else mentioned it, too. I don't like how he came in talking about what happened "IF," (suspicious level of emphasis on the "if.") we lynched Whiskers and he flipped Town. I have a habit of making the same sorts of posts when I'm scum trying to get townie points.

I disagreed with his second post, wherein he called Whiskers mafia for trying to stop defending himself with his every post. There is a point where you have to just accept that people aren't going to change their minds on something you did and move on. Whiskers was trying to move the game forward, and it seems to me that Music was not. He also says in that post that he's pretty sure Whiskers is mafia. I don't have any problems with holding a vote, because
typically
you're doing so until you're confident. But if you're already "pretty sure," there should be a vote involved.

Musicninja wrote:For me, it's between bob and whiskers....Can't decide yet
It shouldn't be a decision. You said you were "pretty sure," that Whiskers was mafia. You never said anything like that about Bob.

After this more in-depth read-over, depending upon LTP or his replace, I could go for a Music lynch Today.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Friend »

Tovarish wrote:I find it rather hypocritical for you to be demanding explanations of votes on bob and Music when you've offered so few of them yourself, Friend.

I've talked about Music. If you want me to talk about bob, go ahead and say something.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Tovarish »

Hey Whiskers, to answer your question: my third choice right now is Friend.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

Tovarish wrote:I don't have a third pick right now.
I don't go waving about accusations and attempting to recklessly build wagons.
Tovarish wrote:Hey Whiskers, to answer your question: my third choice right now is Friend.

Because he asked you a question?
Information flow, bro, is pro-town.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Tovarish »

Exactly, which is why Friend's behavior is decidedly anti-Town. I invite everybody to read his ISO's, which will ideally lead us to question why he's spent so long escaping our scrutiny. His one line posts have generated almost no content, and seem to be some kind of way of actively lurking throughout the game. In order to get information out of him, I have to directly ask? Short of actually shooting one of us, it doesn't get less town than that.

Also, he jumps from the Bob to the MN wagon with providing almost no explanation, except that "the last couple posts sealed the deal." And you accuse me of recycling tells.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Whiskers »

No, I
asked
if you were recycling tells. I do it all the time and it's not overly scummy or anything, but I wanted to know what basis you were using.

I know, Friend has been playing like that all game. He played like that at the beginning. I said something about consise posts and him not contributing much.

TBH I let go of him because it was making me look bad to attack him, I didn't really have very good reasons for doing so, after the game started, and because he was asking the right questions and placing the right votes. He is so strong and confident (sounds sexy.) that with his encouragement I moved my vote to MN. Nopony HAS questioned him, but that's because he hasn't done anything scummy and he has been right here and willing to answer stuff.
Maybe that's just how I perceive him?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Noramp »

Sorry for the long delay Tovarish and the poor answer but honestly it's gut especially with Bob's last post where he explains why he's voting Music rather than Whiskers or myself. His explanation is ultimately because Music is scummy which isn't wrong but isn't good enough.
Yarr Owlbear!
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Substrike22 »

V/LA until Monday

Noted.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Whiskers »

The last time you made a point was six posts ago. That was four days.
I don't think we'll miss you that much until monday.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:The last time you made a point was six posts ago. That was four days.
I don't think we'll miss you that much until monday.

Don't be bitchy cause I pointed out all of your scuminess early in the game. It's unbecoming of you.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Also I consider my vote yesterday a bit of a point as well in terms of contradictory play on Panacea's behalf, although I have admittedly not read her above wall, yet.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Tovarish wrote:Right now, I am laboring under the assumption that he is scum pretending to be a defiant town, operating under the belief that we will simply mistake him for a Townie

Tovarish wrote: Scummy. The clincher for me came near the end though- I've always been wary of players who do scummy things and announce that they're scummy as a means of hiding in plain sight, that's one of the biggest tells I've come across. You've done this with your self announced OMGUS.

The real clincher, however, was your attacks on MusicNinja (whose wagon I really don't understand) that were quickly abandoned as soon as a rather expedient wagon on bobsnox came up. MusicNinja was only brought up after I reminded you of it. And, rather shockingly you're back on him now that there's another convenient wagon.

I see your concerns here, I just don't see Whiskers as the type of player to think it through that much. I think you are overanalyzing it a bit here. I think while its certainly possible for scum to hide between the guise of blatant anti-townishness, I think stubborn townies are actually way more likely to do self-proclaimed scummy things because they are not as concerned with appearing scummy as scum are. They think "I have nothing to hide I'm going to do what I want to do". That attitude can extend into making careless votes etc. Not to say that we should give people who display these things a free pass, but I'm not really seeing Whiskers attention-drawing actions as having much of a scum-driven agenda to be honest. Very much feeling the stubborn townie syndrome there.

Tovarish wrote:Exactly, which is why Friend's behavior is decidedly anti-Town. I invite everybody to read his ISO's, which will ideally lead us to question why he's spent so long escaping our scrutiny. His one line posts have generated almost no content, and seem to be some kind of way of actively lurking throughout the game. In order to get information out of him, I have to directly ask? Short of actually shooting one of us, it doesn't get less town than that.

Also, he jumps from the Bob to the MN wagon with providing almost no explanation, except that "the last couple posts sealed the deal." And you accuse me of recycling tells.

I agree. I have my eye on Friend as well. I think he is getting too much town cred so far from some people. Not enough to warrant a lynch today in my eyes but something to keep an eye on for sure.

I have been underwhelmed by Substrike22's performance thus far as well. Perhaps its due to me not liking either of his votes (Whiskers/Panacea) or lack of content due to V/LA, but I think he is a potential scumlord as well.

I'm still fine with the vote on bob. Nothing has happened to make me change my mind on him. I don't mind Panacea's vote on LTP. In fact, I'm considering doing the same. It really is best if we have at least some content from every slot in the game going into the end of d1...Not sure a vote really helps accomplish this. Prod/replacement should though...
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by monk »

Friend wrote:
Tovarish wrote:I find it rather hypocritical for you to be demanding explanations of votes on bob and Music when you've offered so few of them yourself, Friend.

I've talked about Music. If you want me to talk about bob, go ahead and say something.

You need an invitation to talk about one of your scumspects? What part of this isn't anti-town to you?
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:TBH I let go of him because
it was making me look bad
to attack him
You're saying you stopped hunting because you were worried about how you were being perceived? :? (Emphasis mine.)

Substrike wrote:Also I consider my vote yesterday a bit of a point as well in terms of contradictory play on Panacea's behalf, although I have admittedly not read her above wall, yet.
I'm sorry, I know, I generally try to keep them at a minimum, but I was catching up. :(
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Yes.

Want a longer answer? Yes, because it was drawing a lot of unwanted attention to me. I was trying to get some players to turn around and look at Friend and maybe consider that he was scum, but it wasn't happening. I stopped attacking him because it was going to get me lynched, which statistically would have have been bad for town.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Panacea »

Thank you for your thoroughness. I like your answer.

As a quick and incredibly irrelevant aside, your avatar and your terms like "silly filly," and "nopony," prompted me to finally investigate where all of the MLP stuff is coming from. 22 minutes later, the cuteness of ep 1 was almost painful. Lol! [/random]
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Welcome to the herd. If there's anything I can do for you, just ask.
Spoiler:

Day is slowing down, why is there so little activity?
I understand not everypony can be on MafiaScum from noon to Three-A-M (like me), but Nothing is happening..
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Maruchan »

/confirm

Let's start this off with a bang, VOTE: Panacea She thinks to much like me, I'm afraid if she is on the opposite alignment of me, She has better chances of winning because she is good at dissecting any of my arguments.

;) <3 you Pan!

lol, now to the actual game at hand, I don't believe my roleslot has posted since the game started, so Hi everybody! this is my second game on this website, although I have done countless chat mafias prior.

I pretty much agree with the most of the cases presented against bob, and agree with a possible musicninja as a partner, but I am wary of sticking him at L-1 so far from deadline.

I would rather ask the town if they have any specific questions for me pertaining to the game so far I could answer? Talking directly with you guys in a group format, whether the content is meaningful or not will help me get on my feet in the game and feel more comfortable I think. So fire away! Once I feel a bit more comfortable here, I would be gladly to stick down my vote however.

Oh also, ignore the whole Panacea thing from earlier in the post, I'm just givin her a hard time from my last game I replaced into. She kinda had me biting my nails for nine hours straight yesterday evening. UNVOTE:
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 am

In case you haven't you haven't already noticed,
Maruchan
replaces
crappy
. Thanks Maruchan!
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:50 am

Also, LTP Mafia has not picked up his prod and so he is being replaced.
Show

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

Hey send me the role-PM of LTP, I'll pick whichever one I like better. ;)

lol jks! :D
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Whiskers »

o___o

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”