DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Abort launch
. Fine, be that way, mod.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Okay Pooky, you get to use your one nuke on either myself or gorilla, and we call game over at that. No lynching shenanigans. There needs to be exactly one sole survivor. (or two -- if you want to admit to being scum right now)
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Not gonNa rush this. Anything u guys have to say about your innocence or the other persons guilt is good. I will be terracing most of the game now.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:22 am

Re reading not terracing lol. I'm gonna have some questions so pls be inhale to answer and don't disappear pls
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 am

Post by HezLucky »

Really? I thought it was you. Had convinced myself of this before I logged in.

More of this game had a OMGHESSUPEROBVTOWN read on me than gorilla, FWIW.

gorilla's role is also better for making him look like useful scum, than mine is. If scum are indeed being setup for the long haul (btw as I'm writing this I still don't think gorilla is scum), then I've been setup by chance [it's chance that people in this game who have called me obvtown were mainly town] whereas gorilla's setup was more deliberate through his interactions with LLD.

Ironic thing is that I made a 6 person scumlist much earlier in the game. I got NONE of them right, unless I'm right bout gorilla. Thanks Mina and dana. Way to destroy my confidence before Lylo. That might cost us the game.

Hoping that one of the people that is dead but not really dead is just fucking with us at this point.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 am

Post by HezLucky »

Two more things I thought of while I was in the washroom:

1) gorilla, do not, at any point, cast a vote in this game. If Pooky is scum he can hammer and then nuke the other and terrorist wins.

2) Hell, I still think it's pooky, and that his latest "I'm gonna reread the game and ask u guys questions" bit is an effort to get the nuke retract. Inhim, DO NOT RETRACT THAT NUKE. Though any input on inhim's part as to the sole survivor is helpful.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 5, DEFCON 1 - Game Event]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR STRIKE DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing damages...
[NORAD SYSTEM]

inHimshallibe filled his 28th cup of coffee that day.
Delicious
, he thought, sniffing the coffee with a smile on his face.
He dumped the coffee down the drain and began to examine the donut box. Ever since he had accidentally launched two nuclear missiles on American targets, he had been spending quite a bit of time hiding in the break room. He had played the disasters off as "computer errors" of course, but it still didn't hurt to keep your head down a little until the fallout blew over. No pun intended.
"Nixon, you're needed in conference room four," a gruff voice yelled from the hallway. inHimshallibe gulped. Being called into a conference room usually meant you had either fucked up or were going to be asked to do something that could fuck you up. Neither option was desirable.
"On my way," he responded cheerily, plastering a look of confidence on his face.
Computer error. It was a computer error,
he repeated to himself over and over as he strode through the glass conference room doors.
I have a long history of proud service.

"General," said the President of the United States, who was seated at the end of the conference table along with two other staffers. "Good morning. As you know, we are in the middle of losing a nuclear war, so I will have to be brief."
"Of course," inHimshallibe replied.
"Washington D.C. was struck by a nuclear warhead under an hour ago. The city is largely in ruins. The only reason we are not extra-crispy right now is thanks to this bunker."
Nixon silently thanked both the bunker and his recent promotion, which had granted him security clearance to the bunker.
"However, although we are safe and have basic operating capabilities, much of our infrastructure was damaged in the blast," the President continued. "Specifically, our link to our nuclear launch facilities on the Atlantic coast were damaged. We need you to physically fly to these locations and authorize immediate launch."
inHimshallibe gulped. This was practically a suicide mission. He could survive, but the European Union had just hit Washington D.C. If they wanted to hit with another shot, they easily could…and probably would. "Can't we just send someone less … uh … essential?" he asked.
"No," the President says. "We are on the brink of destruction, General. I will not trust any unauthorized or untrained personnel to oversee the launch of these missiles. You will complete this mission. Am I clear?"
inHimshallibe opened his retort, but quickly composed himself and saluted. "Yes, sir," he replied.
This may be the end of me,
he thought, [/i]But at least it will be an honorable end.[/i]
Thirty minutes later, inHimshallibe was stepping out of the fortified elevator into the ruins of the White House, clad in an anti-radioactivity suit. A helicopter hovered slightly above the rubble-strewn White House lawn, waiting to pick him up. A mixture of awe and fear paralyzed him as he gazed around at the ruined nation's capital.
"Come on!" a solider from the helicopter screamed at him. "We need to move! Round two could hit any second!"
"Round two," inHimshallibe said aloud, puzzled. "But...the city is already destroyed...why would there be a..."
A second sun blossomed on the horizon as another wave of nuclear weapons struck the city.
"Oh. Round two," inHimshallibe stated simply.

inHimshallibe (American, Missile silo) was nuked Day 5.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 5, DEFCON 1 - Vote Count I - Now or Never]

"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory." --Georges Clemenceau

[Votes]

danakillsu
(0)
gorilla
(0)
HezLucky
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)

Not voting
(4) - danakillsu, gorilla, HezLucky, PookyTheMagicalBear

[Activity]

danakillsu's
launch on
HezLucky
has been aborted.
The deadline is Monday, 8 August at 23:59 EST. Three votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 am

Post by danakillsu »

Is there really anything to do other than hope that Pooky is maf?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am

Post by gorilla »

Not voting, I realized that already. Need to ask AGM for a rules clarification on something before I say anything else.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 am

Post by HezLucky »

THIS IS HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS.

How can you possibly have any game mecahnics related qudstions this late?

This better not involve my fail safe and your European win condition.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 am

Post by gorilla »

no it's pretty much relating to my american win condition and wondering what happens if a town gets nuked in 3p with a nuke in the air, wondering whether the last town dies or they can just wait until the last euro gets nuked. If it means town-loss then pooky needs to suicide if he's town

getting a bit fidgety there, hez
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am

Post by gorilla »

well, apparently "it means what it says" so by that i take it timing is not an issue. good to know.

will make a brief statement later tonight.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 am

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:no it's pretty much relating to my american win condition and wondering what happens if a town gets nuked in 3p with a nuke in the air, wondering whether the last town dies or they can just wait until the last euro gets nuked. If it means town-loss then pooky needs to suicide if he's town

getting a bit fidgety there, hez

Then why ask this question in private?

Of course I'm getting fidgety. I'm going to be blamed for the fucking loss if Pooky nukes me and you are scum.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 am

Post by gorilla »

because I figured I'd get a faster response by PM.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 am

Post by HezLucky »

:shrug: Just ISO'd you I still don't think you're scum :S

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Ur really dumb if u think I would prefer terrorist win to town win. Whats the point of that? I'm at work and rereading. the entire game print out. I know I might've been gung-ho but that ain't gonna happen now.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:12 pm

HezLucky wrote:
Swift Justice wrote:(Equinox)

Quite cheeky there, HezLucky.
Gammagooey has already confessed to being scum.
There is no way you could have missed this, even if you were just flipping through Gammagooey's YouTube spam like a robot reads dissertations; gorilla posted party-related spam earlier, and not even the most inattentive player would have missed the link between that and Gammagooey's spam.

Explains why I just reread the last chunk of his ISO and the best I can come up with is gamma being cheeky as fuck.

I suspect the only reason you think I'm not scum hunting is because I called you scum yesterday. Cute, man. We're also confirmed town, so try again, and make sure your reads don't suck lest someone else accuse you of making fake reads.
. I can't see hexagon making this post

How are you confirmed town? If you were confirmed town, a nuke would have been recalled on you or you would have been either dead or modkilled. (or does this hinge on gamma being scum?)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I can't see hez scum making this post
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:27 pm

HezLucky wrote:I'm going to take this moment to read over the original DEFCON as well as DEFCON 2.0 so I can get a better idea of what's going on. Is there anything I should know about those games that differs greatly from this one?

Did you do this?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:32 pm

HezLucky wrote:Suddenly nuking SpyreX is anti-town? Even though he is the scummiest person in this game by far?

I'm more calm now than I was yesterday. And then I read this thread. If I am lynched this game and I do not feel it's because people think I am scum, I will definitely be getting my revenge.

This ultimately comes down to a f*#%#*% old boys club. If SpyreX or someone else more well known had said "I want to nuke so and so and I'm doing so for sure" nobody would bat an eye. I am very very very angry right now.

I can't see hezscum making this post either
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by HezLucky »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
HezLucky wrote:I'm going to take this moment to read over the original DEFCON as well as DEFCON 2.0 so I can get a better idea of what's going on. Is there anything I should know about those games that differs greatly from this one?

Did you do this?

I read DEFCON 1 in its entirity, and did not touch DEFCON 2.

While I'm on that subject, the main thing I got out of DEFCON 1 is that Hinduragi survived and gained huge town cred because he was directly responsible for eliminating one of his buddies. That's what allowed him to get that far.

Between myself and gorilla, which one of us has actually been responsible for eliminating scum at all? HINT: It's not me. If you are indeed town Pooky, then look at gorilla's interactions hard. I'm not even going to build a case on him because, as I said, I already ISO'd him and can't find shit. No point making anything up. But gorilla was able to coast on teh LLD thing. I'm here because scum won't nuke me, and town are too scared to.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I will make a small case on gorilla that I have just thought of, after looking at his ISO:

Because of the mechanics of the game, with 1 scum left scum can not piss ANYONE off. Gorilla has done
EVERYTHING right in terms of looking like he's scumhunting, responding to people in a completely appropriate
manner, and so on.

The one thing gorilla has not done from LLD's death onwards is actually accuse someone. He's scumhunted,
yes, but he has not accused a SINGLE PERSON.

I am lost. But at least I tried with IS. At least I tried with Pooky.

I'm not even kidding. Look at the last fifteen posts of his ISO. He definitely looks like he's scumhunting,
by supporting MY case on IS, and going through each person in the list. I'm not saying that being confused
isn't legitimate. I am confused as fuck and I would have done the same thing. The difference? Scum HAVE TO
sit on the fence at this point. A single pissed off townie and it's game over. At least I fucking tried.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by HezLucky »

[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Friday, 29 July at 23:56 EST.

Pooky don't you dare forget this.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by gorilla »

I've still around because 1. I am town and have been correctly read as town by pretty much everyone and 2. I've been pretty much nonthreatening to the scum

it's been a pretty much nuke-driven game from day 3 out so that's why we're sitting here and it's sort of ridiculous it came down to this, but oh well. hez has gotten by the past few days pretty much on the fuck-off power of the fail safe where no one wants to nuke him because they don't want to die. he showed some early game bluster but in my opinion hasn't really towntold in a significant way. to be honest his posting is reminiscent of deflated scum in a lot of regards. admitting he can't find shit on me is pretty close to admitting my innocence because i'm not some mafia god who is incapable of slipping.

the suggestion that i pulled off some sort of genius tier double bus where LLD tries to SK hunt me then i claim and we try to break our own code and she gets caught BSing it is pretty much insane, because i haven't really tried to take credit for that at all, i'm an idiot and my reads this game were horrible, my credit for catching LLD is basically solely limited to the role i drafted and i'm not afraid to admit that. but those interactions are pretty much the net whole of why i'm town - that sort of exchange is too complicated to fake and i could barely understand the code

i requested this game day that either i get hammer or i be the final survivor, because i know me surviving is a guaranteed town win, but if there wasn't a sufficient level of trust, then i'd rather be slated to die first so i could be confirmed town and have the decision over who survives because then it would be my responsibility and my decision influencing the outcome of the game and i'd have preferred that to getting nukehammered on. that's not something i'd even consider asking as scum because even if the chance of me getting hammer were slim, it would be an instant loss if i did so.

so in a nutshell i am totally town because i am not good enough to fake it, also i love America

p-edit: i'll be completely honest here, i have been trying to avoid pissing anyone off, it's an awkward situation because i got complacent and assumed town would hit scum sooner, hez could afford to be a bit more aggressive because no one wanted to nuke him and everyone was wanting to save him for this final day. like i said it was a nuke driven game and most of the decisions made were out of my hands

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”