iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:04 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:/Confirm. Nice to see you again, iam. :)

Hi!

I forget, have we played a game together, or did I just mod a Newbie game you were in? I remember thinking you were obvtown and not understanding how you got lynched in that one.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Panacea wrote:/Confirm. Nice to see you again, iam. :)

Hi!

I forget, have we played a game together, or did I just mod a Newbie game you were in? I remember thinking you were obvtown and not understanding how you got lynched in that one.

Well, you modded my first game, Newbie 863. Looking back now, I think I was obvtown, too, if a little newbish. I think it was the fake doc claim that did me in, though. :lol: Then we played in Newbie 879 together, too. I don't know if I ever apologized for NK'ing you so early, but as I recall, you should take it as a compliment.

So! Can we not start at all until everyone confirms? It's never taken this long in-thread for me.

Ah, that's right. You played a really good scum game there. I'll keep that in mind.

Whiskers wrote:What a waste. You'd better be fucking kidding me.

Don't worry, I'm sure he had a good reason.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

I think Whiskers is town you guys.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:47 am

Post by iamausername »

VOTE: bobsnox

No comment on anything that happened in the first two pages? A random vote on a player who's not even here to react to it? No thanks.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by iamausername »

bobsnox, why didn't you post anything while the pregame daykill shenanigans were going on?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:Iam, I think you missed the request. How can you read Whiskers's reaction as Town?

I didn't miss it.

Noramp wrote:
Do you feel that he has to post in a period where it is not required to post? (outside of confirming)

He doesn't
have to
, obviously, but only posting when you're required to post is not exactly a pro-town attitude.

Whiskers wrote:I'm having a really hard time explainin ghtis in a way that makes sense.

That's probably because it doesn't. Just because they weren't all posting doesn't mean there haven't always been 13 players in this game. Unless they've started posting scummy things, which you don't seem to think they have, they shouldn't be any more 'yellow' now than they were already.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

Post by iamausername »

Tovarish wrote:IAM- I haven't seen you really clarify any kind of reason for why you think Whiskers would be Town

This is probably because I haven't yet clarified any reason why I think Whiskers is town.

I have become further convinced that Whiskers is town based on more recent posting, in case anyone was interested.

Friend wrote:
Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum.

Yes. By my estimation, it's most likely monk, then Friend, then LTP, then Tovarish, then Substrike.

Tovarish wrote:I would have a hard time declaring someone who is adhering to those minimums to be 'not exactly pro-Town' if he is acting within the expectations of the game.

I didn't say bobsnox was not exactly pro-town, I said his
attitude
was not exactly pro-town. Or rather, the attitude that Noramp attributed to him.

The fact that bobsnox is not exactly pro-town either is a fascinating coincidence.

Panacea wrote:Bobsnox: 52+ hours since your last post.

52+ hours in which he has made 23 posts onsite outside of this game, too. I guess he forgot about us again.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by iamausername »

MusicNinja wrote:
You cannot simply not defend yourself. IF you are town, we need you too survive. Not defending yourself is pretty much admitting you're scum. Almost positive you're mafia now.

Wow, not a single one of these statements is true.

Except maybe the last one, I guess.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, I think it's time to stop being obtuse.

Here is a recent experience I have had involving dayviging. This was just the threat of an early daykill, rather than a (fake) submitted kill, but still, I think the situations are comparable.

Guess what alignment the people going "what the fuck! what are you thinking!" etc. are? I'll give you a clue; it's not scum. Scum are the ones who weren't sure how to react, and so kept on posting normally as if nothing had happened. Which, in this game, would be equivalent to not posting at all, because the game hadn't officially started.

Whiskers' pregame behaviour is entirely consistent with someone who is used to playing on a site where people actually would make daykills on the first page for the lulz, and I know these sites exist. His behaviour is not consistent with someone trying to score town points by affecting outrage at a premature kill on a possible townie.

In particular, this:

Whiskers wrote:Because of I'm upset about Substrike22's softclaim?

reads strongly as a town reaction to me. I think scum faking the outrage would focus entirely on shouting "that could be a townie you just killed!" and not even consider any other possible downsides to the town, because that's where the 'reward' would come; the townflip of poor dead daykilled Scumhunter, vindicating Whiskers and showing his fake outrage to be 'justified'.

Post #102 is the further posting that has me convinced that Whiskers is town - specifically, his responses to my unexplained town read on him, which are clearly paranoid about my motives.

If you call scum town, and don't explain why, they tend not to question it. They're just happy to have fooled someone. If you call town town, and don't explain why, especially when everybody else is calling them scum, they tend to think "What makes this guy different? Does he know something the others don't?" and they'll probably suspect that you are scum looking for town cred by defending them without actually stopping their lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

bobsnox continues to be scum. He has paraded an astounding litany of excuses and apologies for not posting, considering how young the game is. Unlike Whiskers, his self-flagellating is actually overblown and artificial.

Speaking of artificial, take a closer look at bob's reads. In an obvious display of attempting to placate his attackers in the hopes of persuading them away, he calls me town for "putting genuine effort into this game". If all you had to do to find scum was lynch the people not putting in effort, I think town winrates would be a lot higher than they are. But, more to the point, if bob thinks putting effort in is a town tell, how does he end up with Whiskers as one of his only two scumpicks?

He also says Panacea is null because "her reluctance to vote is odd" and yet makes no vote himself. He dislikes Tovarish unvoting Whiskers because the wagon is building too quick, but then MusicNinja being reluctant to vote because the wagon is building too quick makes him town because he "tries to consider all angles with regards to Whiskers."

Hows about we lynch bobsnox, guys?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:00 am

Post by iamausername »

MusicNinja wrote:Also, I could support a bob lynch today, but not yet. We need more evidence. Always good to start the game off with a scum lynch.

Hey bobsnox, what do you think of this post?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:56 am

Post by iamausername »

bobsnox wrote:
iamausername wrote:
MusicNinja wrote:Also, I could support a bob lynch today, but not yet. We need more evidence. Always good to start the game off with a scum lynch.

Hey bobsnox, what do you think of this post?

scummy

maybe he knows I'm town and wants more of an excuse to mislynch me

But it's not "akin to claiming scum" like Whiskers' post was?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am

Post by iamausername »

MusicNinja wrote:For me, it's between bob and whiskers....Can't decide yet

How and when will you decide?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:
MusicNinja wrote:For me, it's between bob and whiskers....Can't decide yet

How
and when will you decide?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by iamausername »

Feh.

UNVOTE: bobsnox
VOTE: MusicNinja
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:Iam, are you going to elaborate?

He used the word 'yet', which is a reliable scumtell.

In case you don't believe me.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:02 am

Post by iamausername »

No, that's good enough for me.

I could quote my post from that game explaining why it is a reliable scumtell if you want.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 am

Post by iamausername »

I'm not 'too lazy' to explain myself, I choose not to explain myself immediately for a purpose.

For example; my town read on you was further solidified by your reaction to me stating it by not explaining. If I'd explained it up front, I wouldn't have got that, nor seen who would jump on board with the wagon on you when it seemed like no one was going to put in an effort to defend you, and so on. There's plenty of time to see what people think of my reasons later on.

If anything, I'd say I've explained my MusicNinja vote too much.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by iamausername »

well this is tiresome.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 am

Post by iamausername »

Yes, I'm pretty sure that anyone on the wagon who isn't happy to see MusicNinja lynched at this point has had ample opportunity to remove their vote.

Substrike22 wrote:If everyone is really hell bent on lynching this guy, I can just hammer and we can move on to tomorrow and save our Mod a replacement, since it seems like most people think that slot is scum past redemption.

Do YOU think the slot is scum past redemption?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, so clearly we're not going to lynch MusicNinja without waiting for a replacement and blah blah, so I guess there's productive stuff I could be doing. I mean, there's more than one scum to catch, after all. Time to iso everybody!

bobsnox

Completely agree with whoever it was (Scumhunter, I think) that says the timing of his claim makes it very likely true, because scum would have held out a little longer. There's not really a lot of point in going more in depth than that here.

Bub Bidderskins

Obvscum, should be lynched right away. Posts are nothing but a bunch of IIoA. Also seems to believe that Friend is a doublevoter, which is interesting.

Friend

He bothered me a bit early on, when he was mostly posting questions that looked good but didn't seem to actually lead anywhere useful, but I'm going to call him town on the basis of Post #418, which is just crazy awesome. The only thing that I strongly disagree with there is Panacea being second on his list of lynch preferences, I think. She's a lot more middling in my estimation.

LTP Mafia

Oh man, we're still waiting for someone to replace this guy, aren't we? I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for seeing a MusicNinja replacement any time soon.

His singular game post, followed by flaking, is most likely indicative of someone used to playing on a lol random lynch site and being shocked to discover that people here actually put
thought
into the game. Pretty hard to divine any clue about his alignment from that.

Maruchan

From Post #274: "I didn't want the day to en without anyone having ANY interaction from me." This is a bit of an odd reason to be concerned about the day ending too soon. Maru, why were you specifically concerned about people not interacting with
you
enough, rather than not posting enough in general?

Wouldn't expect to see Post #279 from scum though, unless bob was his partner. Which I doubt, for above reasons. Townbob means scum know he is speaking the truth, so they'd know no counterclaims would be forthcoming.

From Post #379: "I honestly could care less what you think of me because I think your scum and therefore your opinion of me is completely fabricated to assist you in winning the game."
From Post #422: "I agree with your comment that me and substrike is more likely town on town than him being scum."

What changed your mind, Maru?

monk

monk wrote:scumspects

This is a fucking stupid term, it serves no purpose that isn't already served by the word 'suspects', don't ever use this. Thanks.

Now, as for my read on monk, like Friend, he started out looking dodgy to me. Unlike Friend, he hasn't stopped.

In Post #201, he asked me a question that I have clearly failed to answer in any way shape or form, and there has been no follow up on this from monk. Suggests that he had no actual interest in the answer to this question, and was simply trying to make himself look useful.

From Post #340: "If he is town, its quite easy to figure out where to go, it'd be someone on his wagon" sounds an awful lot like scum defending lynchbait town to me.

In Post #348 he lists Scumhunter as one of his top suspects, then when asked for reasons he immediately retracts this read in Post #356, which is rather ironic considering his reason for voting Friend.

His voting follows a general pattern of not paying the slightest attention to the bigger picture; he doesn't seem to be aware of the game state beyond the most recent pages. He'll vote one person based on a single post, then drop that entirely to vote someone else based on a single post, and so on. He's making it up as he goes along; this is not town behaviour.

I think I may have persuaded myself into changing my vote.

MusicNinja

Well, you already know where I stand with this one. He used the word 'yet', he's scum.

Noramp

His sequence of posts from #86 to #155 feels town to me; clearly I agree with his stance on monk, which is a good start, but not necessarily proof of townness. But the fact that he picks out Scumhunter's town read on monk, which was one of a number of reads Scumhunter gave without explanation, and asks for reasoning, that doesn't seem like scum behaviour to me. I'd expect scum to demand reasons for
all
of Scumhunter's reads, whereas it makes a lot more sense that for a town player, the one that they disagree with would stand out.

Post #327: I guess it was Noramp that said this, not Scumhunter. My bad.

Overall, no real issues here. Probably town.

I'll get to the rest probably tomorrow.

Gonna do this right now though:

UNVOTE: MusicNinja
VOTE: monk
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:52 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea

Hmm, maybe Friend had a point actually. Generally, her posting passes me by without leaving any particular impression, but I have major concerns about Post #223 in particular.

"I'm not convinced that Whiskers is scum, but if he is Town, he's acting hellaciously scummy, and he will slip soon."

This makes very little sense for a town player to say. If we trim some of the fat, we see "If he is Town, he will slip soon." That sounds more like "I am waiting for him to make a big enough mistake to justify joining his wagon" than any genuine attempt to discern his alignment.

Scumhunter

Scumhunter is my hero. He's not only clearly town, he's clearly town who has a good head on his shoulders. Posts like #141 show that he actually knows what to look for when trying to find scum, which is a rare thing in someone as new to the site as him. No problems, everyone would do well to listen to him more. Possibly myself included; despite all that, his reads don't seem to match up with mine all that much.

Substrike22

If we could harness his power and point it in the right direction, I think he'd be an asset to the town; so far he's been jumping at shadows, but he definitely comes off as more misguided than scummy to me.

I really want to know what the hell he's talking about in Post #336 and the posts leading up to it that are quoted therein. The words are in English, and they seem to form complete sentences, but at the same time, it appears to be absolute gibberish.

On the other hand, Post #471 is iffy; the whole "If everyone is hellbent on lynching MusicNinja, then I guess I could hammer" seems like he might be trying to pre-emptively duck out of any responsibility for the lynch but still getting onto it.

Tovarish

Tovarish is like a complete opposite to Scumhunter. He clearly has no idea what to actually look for when trying to find scum. The question on my mind is whether he is even trying; Post #384 would suggest otherwise, seeing as how I can't see any indication here that Tovarish actually thinks Maruchan is scum.

Whiskers

Continues to be obviously town, by virtue of the fact that he is making no effort whatsoever to try to look town, which is of course something that only scum need to do.

And now I'm going to catch up on what's been happening since I posted the first half.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:34 am

Post by iamausername »

Tovarish wrote:IAM: In what world is 418 awesome?

Every one. All possible worlds. Especially the one where you find scum by reading the things that people post and trying to figure out whether those words come from the mindset of a town player or a scum player, and not by comparing every post to a pre-ordained list of 'scumtells' carved into stone tablets and handed down from on high.

Whiskers wrote:
Usachan, can you make a vote and write up a case on somepony?

Am I Usachan? Because I just did make a case and a vote on Monk a couple of pages back that everybody seems to be ignoring completely.

Noramp wrote:I personally think whiskers, music or monk are good lynches today. Thoughts?

Two out of three ain't bad.

I like Link's catching up post a whole lot. Nearly as much as I like Scumhunter, in fact.

Still on board for a MusicNinja lynch, but I would like to at least see some acknowledgement of my monk case, even if it's just to tell me I'm retarded and wrong, since a scummonk would very much imply a townNinja. I would also like to see monk post again, where did he go?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Friend wrote:
Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum.

Yes. By my estimation, it's most likely monk, then Friend, then LTP, then Tovarish, then Substrike.

How do you feel about these reads now?

Now I'd say monk, Tovarish, Substrike, Friend, Link (LTP), but given the information I had to work with at the time, I don't think I did too badly.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

monk wrote:Non-sanity, is not based on the Mechanics; Killing, Protecting, Investigating, Blocking, Voting, Enabling and Communication. And DOES come under this explicitly non-normal mechanic: Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons". I don't really see how it can come under the
"New/variant roles may be included in limited number (no more than 1 in a Mini, 2 in a Large), and should be based on the usual role mechanics: Killing, Protecting, Investigating, Blocking, Voting, Enabling and Communication."
exception.

This is correct. There are no non-sane cops in Normal games.

Link, for the record, I agree with Maruchan that you shouldn't have claimed today, but what's done is done.

UNVOTE: monk
VOTE: bobsnox
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

What risk, though? If you'd been targetted N1, you can bet we'd be speedlynching bob in the morning, so ultimately the outcome would be much the same as the outcome of you claiming today. There's no risk of you dying without the chance to out bob as a fake, because your death itself would out bob as a fake.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:
Secondly, iamusername, if a non-sane cop isn't a variant, what is? The list contains pretty much every role in the game. All the ones on the "normal" list are regular and can be used freely. What does that leave? the ones on the "non-normal" list. All "new/variant" roles are going to be on the "non-normal" list. Therefore, (*I* don't think) you can't rule out for certain the possibility of a non-sane cop, or whatever.

I'm not guessing, or stating an opinion or whatever. I am telling you it is a straight up fact that non-sane cops are not allowed in normal games.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:Then what IS a "Variant/new" role that is allowed?

As I was about to say when the thread got locked, this covers any roles that do not appear on either the 'explicitly normal' or the 'explicity non-normal' lists, due to not being popular enough or perhaps even thought of yet, but that use similar mechanics to the roles that are on the 'explicitly normal' list.

An example would be a cop variant that targets two players and finds out if they share the same alignment. Not explicitly normal, but it uses relatively normal mechanics, so I'm pretty sure it would be fine to use this in a Normal game.

'explicitly non-normal' = not allowed in normal games.
'explicitly normal' = expect to see these roles frequently in normal games.
'new/variant' covers anything not listed in the two lists.

On to more game-relevant conversation, the fact that Link has a result would obviously suggest that scum don't have a roleblocker, which means they almost certainly have some other means of combating a cop, most likely either a Godfather or a Framer. So we shouldn't take any results Link gives us as complete gospel truth.

The fact that Link is alive to share this with us probably means either doc protection, or, better yet, town blocker blocking the scum kill. If it's the latter, they should certainly reveal themselves right away so we can get on with lynching our second scum. If the former, they should obviously keep quiet.

If neither, maybe scum just failed to submit night actions. BTW, I just replaced Tovarish for inactivity in a newbie game I'm modding. Just sayin'.

VOTE: Tovarish

for now. Though I need to do some rereading in light of bob's flip.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Maruchan wrote:Where did he say he had a result? O.o Did I miss it?

Hikari Link wrote:Monk is clean.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:03 am

Post by iamausername »

xvart wrote:
iamausername
:

- why comment and vote on bobsnox and not noramp? Possible weak bus attempt.

-
iamausername, 128 wrote:
MusicNinja wrote:
You cannot simply not defend yourself. IF you are town, we need you too survive. Not defending yourself is pretty much admitting you're scum. Almost positive you're [Whiskers] mafia now.

Wow, not a single one of these statements is true.

Except maybe the last one, I guess.
He's agreeing that the last statement (Whiskers is mafia) might be true, which contradicts his previous town read and all the pomp and circumstance of not revealing why.

#1: I commented and voted on bob and not Noramp because bob voted randomly and ignored all the pregame events and Noramp didn't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems pretty damn obvious.

#2: No, I was saying it might be true that MusicNinja was convinced that Whiskers is scum. The other statements he made were all factual statements, and incorrect. The last one is a statement of opinion, and if MusicNinja was town, it presumably would be true, however misguided.

Anyway, I don't know what Link is smoking that he thinks Maruchan's behaviour makes any kind of sense as a scum gambit. This is pretty straightforward.

UNVOTE: Tovarish
VOTE: xvart
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

If Maruchan is town, there's no reason to believe we even have a doc.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

Maruchan should flip a coin to decide whether he targets you or not.

That way scum have to decide between killing you with a 50/50 shot of their kill being blocked or leaving you with a 50/50 shot that your investigation is not blocked.

If they know he's targeting you, they can feel free to kill someone else. If they know he's not, they can feel free to kill you.

If there is a doc, they should absolutely protect you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by iamausername »

There are almost certainly 3 scum.

Just look through completed games with 13 players and see if you can find one with 4.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

I still prefer the plan where scum don't know exactly who Maruchan will be targeting, and thus can't tailor their kill to best take advantage of that knowledge. I don't see how it benefits us to say Maruchan will definitely target Link, even if we're being crazy enough to consider the possibility that Maruchan is scum bussing xvart.

P.S. pretty sure Beloved Princess and PGO are both on the Normal blacklist.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:P.S. pretty sure Beloved Princess and PGO are both on the Normal blacklist.

thus proving that I don't know everything.

They're highly unlikely, but apparently not impossible.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

How is Maruchan going to be confirmed, anyway? Because Link will be blocked? That could be a scum roleblocker. Or a scum jailkeeper, indeed.

As far as I'm concerned, a scum flip on xvart is all the confirmation I need, and demanding that he jail Link is just not making use of the power we've been given. There are plenty of other people I would prefer to have confirmed than someone who is obviously town already.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?

In the unlikely event that they exist, they should have done this in their first post.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 am

Post by iamausername »

Hikari Link wrote:a. xvart was scum performing the kill (unlikely because he had a great deal of scumreads on him, I think)

This is where we part ways. There are several reasons why xvart might have performed the scum kill.

Perhaps his other partner has some other role to perform at night, preventing him from making the kill. Scum set up of Goon, Goon, [power role] is entirely possible, and if xvart is the other goon beside bobsnox, he'd be making the kill by default in that case.

There's also the possibility that he was forced to make the kill due to his partner's absence; again, I know for a fact that Tovarish has been replaced in at least one other game, and he's not showing any signs of life here either.

And even if we don't assume that xvart had no choice but to make the kill, I still don't see it as particularly unlikely that he'd choose to anyway. MusicNinja was under a fair amount of suspicion on D1, this is true. But he was also the main competition to bobsnox before bob claimed, and towns often assume that they can't have had two scum in their sights on D1. Add on the fact that the case on MusicNinja was necessarily limited by his small number of posts, and it would be easy for xvart to assume that most of the suspicion would blow over quite readily.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:01 am

Post by iamausername »

@mod: Tovarish hasn't posted anywhere on site in a week, any chance we could see about getting a replacement any time soon?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:04 am

Post by iamausername »

Awesome.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 am

Post by iamausername »

1. Panacea
2. Hikari Link LTP Mafia
4. Scumhunter
6. Substrike22
7. Noramp
8. monk
9. Tovarish
10. Friend
11. iamausername
12. Whiskers

Right, I can of course write off myself. monk is 100% cleared by Link, since the Godfather is dead already. Tovarish has not been on site in like two weeks, so he wasn't around to submit the kill last night. Link's claim is deeply unlikely as a scum gambit. Whiskers is just obvtown.

1. Panacea
4. Scumhunter
6. Substrike22
7. Noramp
10. Friend

These guys are possible scum. I recall having town reads on Scumhunter especially, and Substrike and Friend to a lesser extent. So I'm thinking it's probably Panacea or Noramp.

Off to do some rereading!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:First, I can get behind Iam's town-Whiskers justification back on #143, mainly because my read on him is more panicky-town with scummish twinges than outright scum at the moment. Plus the game he linked us to checks out.

Oh hey, Panacea actually bothered to check out one of my meta links in order to get a better read on Whiskers.

VOTE: Noramp
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:
@Iamausername: This might be a dumb question, but is there a specific order to your list in #921? I'm assuming so, since I was at the top of your scum list and you voted me in the same post, but then your next vote is on noramp, bypassing Scumhunter and Substrike.

I copied and pasted the player list from the first page.

And I didn't vote you. That was Friend in the post after me.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

Noramp wrote:I have reason to believe Substrike is town.

If you're hinting at some kind of role info here, you should really just come out and say it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

OK then.

UNVOTE: Noramp
VOTE: Panacea

If Noramp is scum, he has completely written himself into a corner here, so we may as well assume he isn't. He'd have to confirm a new player as town every day to maintain his image as a tracker; we'd run out of unconfirmed players to lynch well before he could kill all the confirmed ones. He can't possibly win as scum now.

If anyone else has any kind of power role, they should probably claim too, by the way. Chances are we can guarantee a win by co-ordinating night actions.

monk wrote:So you're claiming that you tracked substrike and he didnt go anywhere but hes still scum?

I don't see anywhere where he's suggested that substrike is scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by iamausername »

Actually, I think we can guarantee a win either way.

10 players left. 3 of them (monk, Substrike & Tovarish) are confirmed town. That leaves seven unconfirmed, including a cop and a tracker (or scum pretending to be tracker, but let's assume not for now). 3 confirmed town, 2 investigators, 4 unconfirmed town, 1 scum.

Let's also assume that we're all idiots and can't lynch scum without eliminating all other unconfirmed players first and see what happens.

We lynch an unconfirmed townie. Scum have to kill one of the investigators. The other one confirms us another townie. That leaves us at 4 confirmed, 1 investigator, 3 unconfirmed, 1 scum.

Lynch one of the unconfirmed town. Scum kills the other investigator. 4 confirmed, 2 unconfirmed, 1 scum.

Lynch an unconfirmed, scum kills a confirmed. 3 confirmed, 1 unconfirmed, 1 scum.

Lynch the last unconfirmed, scum kills a confirmed. 2 confirmed townies and 1 scum. Bang, game over.

So, now that I've conclusively proved that YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY WIN, SCUM, if you could go ahead and out yourself, that would certainly save us all a bit of time. :D
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unless of course you want to try to convince us all that Tovarish set his status to invisible on his listed last visit on August 12, flaked from all other games he is in, but returned during the night just to submit his night kill here, then I guess we'd only have 2 confirmed townies, and the whole thing would fall apart.

It'll be a tough one to sell, but I don't think you have another option.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

I'm not sure what you are all still arguing about. We have won this game. All we have to do is lynch people who aren't confirmed town. We will run out of unconfirmed townies and hit the scum before the scum can kill enough of us to win.

If Noramp is scum, he will have to clear a new townie every day, and once he has cleared all of the townies that are left, we will lynch him.

Whoever is scum might as well give themself up now, because they have lost.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

If Link is lying, it means he's scum, which means monk is not scum. Either he is actually a town cop with an innocent on monk, or he is the last scum. Either way, monk is town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 am

Post by iamausername »

Scumhunter wrote:We do have the game well in hand, but I'd say we should guard ourselves against lazy lynches and the idea "we will win eventually". No, we won't, if we lynch a bunch of townies in a row.

Yes we will. As long we don't lynch people who are cleared by the tracker/cop, we WILL win.

Scumhunter wrote:
@noramp, why the hell would you "track" Link last night?

That would be stupid, which is probably why he tracked Substrike instead.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

Post by iamausername »

ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS LYNCH ANYBODY WHO IS NOT CONFIRMED

THAT'S IT

THAT'S ALL WE HAVE TO DO
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 am

Post by iamausername »

Everybody. In your next post, type this, exactly this:

Code: Select all

[vote]Panacea[/vote]

until Panacea is lynched.

If that is not game, then either Link or Noramp will die over night, and whichever of them survives will have a result on one of the following:

iamausername
Scumhunter
Friend
Whiskers

If it's a guilty, we lynch that person and win. If it's not, we lynch one of the other three. If that's not game, then whichever of Link and Noramp is still alive will die.

Two of the four names listed above will be alive, and uncleared. We will lynch one of those. If that isn't game, one of the FOUR confirmed townies will die. We will lynch the last remaining unconfirmed. If that is not game, THE UNIVERSE WILL EXPLODE BECAUSE THAT IS NOT ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.

WE

HAVE

WON

THIS

GAME

ALREADY
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:59 am

Post by iamausername »

In the alternate scenario where Noramp is scum:

We lynch Panacea. Link dies. Noramp still has to clear one of the four names listed above to convince us he is really a tracker. We lynch one of the other three. One of the NINETY FUCKIN MILLION confirmed townies dies. Noramp has to clear one of the two remaining unconfirmed. We lynch the other one. Another confirmed townie dies.

Now everybody is confirmed town except for Noramp. Maybe you can figure out what to do from there yourself. (hint: we lynch Noramp).

THE GAME IS OVER

TOWN WIN

CONGRATULATIONS

CRACK OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE EVERYBODY
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Hikari Link wrote:@iamusername: Technically, a ninja could still fuck us. Technically.

True. It's incredibly unlikely though, because if scum had a ninja, why on earth would they send the godfather to make the kill on N1?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 am

Post by iamausername »

Hikari Link wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:@iamusername: Technically, a ninja could still fuck us. Technically.

True. It's incredibly unlikely though, because if scum had a ninja, why on earth would they send the godfather to make the kill on N1?

You make a valid point. But by that token, why would you send the Godfather to do a kill anyway? That's just asking to get him tracked/watched.

Perhaps because, knowing that there is a cop in the setup, they assumed there wouldn't be another investigative role. That would be my guess.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

Poor Bub only just got around to editing the thread title to say "Day Three" instead of "Night Two" and we've already lynched someone. :D
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:34 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, Noramp is lynched if he's still alive tomorrow. He's not the play today.

VOTE: Friend

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”