hipaddict1
hipaddict1
Townie
hipaddict1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 am

Post by hipaddict1 »

PeregrineV wrote:Instead, why don't you join me in voting 3isF? Together, we can make his lynch happen!!

hip, I think he is talking about us.

NA1
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:26 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Ok, I am willing to hammer. I have read most of the game and zinger looks like the only good lynch for today. I'm not going to post a acse on him, because there are 54 pages of it. I may however, give bullet points later today. Has he claimed? I didn't see one, but I may have missed it. I want a claim before or in, [countdown]0.00[/countdown]. This is when I will be getting home from work. If there is no claim I will hammer.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:27 am

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok, I am willing to hammer. I have read most of the game and zinger looks like the only good lynch for today. I'm not going to post a acse on him, because there are 54 pages of it. I may however, give bullet points later today. Has he claimed? I didn't see one, but I may have missed it. I want a claim before or in, (expired on 2011-07-28 22:00:00). This is when I will be getting home from work. If there is no claim I will hammer.

EBWOP
#freeShotty
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 am

Post by killerjester »

Banshee wrote:Look at it this way. The first day has dragged on for fifty+ pages. I personally think we would derive more information from a different lynch and I have pointed out who I wanted to lynch. In a perfect world, I would be pushing Rodion's lynch for the reasons I've already stated. I'd be asking him to explain himself. I'd be taking up some pages to give more information to town.

I can't do that because FIFTY pages is far too much. I know this for sure. I just read it over TWICE. I'm still sure I missed things; how much worse would it be for the next replacement when Day One goes to seventy, eighty, one hundred pages long?

I'm not sure if we could do a VCA, it was more of a hypothetical.. we'll find out what arguments have merit tomorrow, but I was digging for an answer around these lines. And got it. I still do want Zinger lynched today. I'll be looking towards anyone who tries to fall back on your objection if we find them suspicious for voting Zinger. That's all.

and @shotty, his latest claim is town JK, but he has claimed third-party JK before that (and a joke claim for town doc)
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 am

Ok, I missed his serious claim. I only saw his lol jk ones. I really don't like this guy, but is it possible he's a jester?
#freeShotty
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:54 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok, I missed his serious claim. I only saw his lol jk ones. I really don't like this guy, but is it possible he's a jester?

No. Jesters are explicitly banned from this set-up via the Mod.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

hipaddict1 wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:Instead, why don't you join me in voting 3isF? Together, we can make his lynch happen!!

NA1

Are you
24) ThreeIsFrench

from the OP???
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

PeregrineV wrote:
hipaddict1 wrote:

NA1

Are you
24) ThreeIsFrench

from the OP???

I am nintendoaddict1, in a hydra with hiplop.

hiplop and another person were ThreeisFrench.

The other person had to /out.

Myself and hiplop are this hydra.

idk what OP is...

NA1
hipaddict1
hipaddict1
Townie
hipaddict1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:02 am

Post by hipaddict1 »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
hipaddict1 wrote:

NA1

Are you
24) ThreeIsFrench

from the OP???

idk what OP is...

NA1
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
hipaddict1 wrote:

NA1

Are you
24) ThreeIsFrench

from the OP???

idk what OP is...

NA1

OP=Opening post

OK, so 3isFrench replaced by hipaddict1 (both hydras, and with one player continuing on the replacing hydra).

Got it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:07 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok, I missed his serious claim. I only saw his lol jk ones. I really don't like this guy, but is it possible he's a jester?

Where does it say that?
#freeShotty
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Where does it say that?

In the signup thread, I believe.

-diddin
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 am

Ok, thanks.
#freeShotty
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Junpei »

Banshee wrote:@Junpei:

In fairness, I don't actually mind the walls of text in and of themselves. I'm guilty of the same thing with extensive PBPAs in some cases. I do note, however, that you have the highest post count of anyone in the game, and you're a replacement.

My objection was that there was a lot of discussion immediately prior to your entry into the game. You entered at post 306, said hi, claimed. From post 306 to post 357, you were responsible for twenty of the fifty-one posts, racking up approximately forty percent of all posts during that period. That seems excessive; I can understand it because you replaced in under pressure. But it did contribute to making the game longer without actually adding much to its clarity, imo. I do note that you have toned this down.

What would you consider a quickhammer at this point, anyway? That comment made me laugh :)

Banshee Setal's Speed mafia is one of two other games I've played here but I guess it's hard to judge my high post content based on the one day I was alive there. The other game should show that I have a flaw where I overpost everyone. This is partly because it is summer and I am passionate about the game of mafia, so whenever I have free time I will check on the thread, every time. This leads to me commenting on almost everything and in my opinion, adding to the conversation. I assure you though that I have a reason as to why every post is made and they pretty much all pertain to scumhunting.

And I just meant someone coming in and hammering without discussion. But I see the irony in it being a 55 page day so far.

drmyshotty in the sign up thread it said no jesters/cults.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

I just find it funny that about 25% of the posts in this game are either Junpei or DX.

-diddin
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Mod note: As it has been discussed a few times, I have added the no Jester/Governor from signup thread to the notes of the game on the opening posts.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

Zinger2099 wrote:I want it to be on record that I think Junpei is Mafia-Aligned, and once I flip town tomorrow everyone should gang-rape him. kthxbai.

I'd like you to explain why you think Junpei is scum.

Zinger2099 wrote:
Chevre wrote:
@Zinger:
If Junpei is wrong for being "allknowing" and incessantly insisting that you are scum, is ZeL1nk wrong for incessantly insisting that you are town?
I didn't notice that ZeL1nK was so incessantly insisting that I was town.
I believe he thinks I am town, but I do not think he is as '100% sure' as JLunpei seems to be about my scum status.

Well, he did call you an obvious mislynch. Do you consider Junpei's allegedly all-knowing behavior scummy? If so, do you consider Zel1nk's exclamation of you as an obvious mislynch scummy as well? If not, what is the difference between the two?

Pinky and the Brain wrote:
@ Leonshade:
Reads on izak and DavidX please.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p3277111

I have yet to do the re-reads I mention, I will most likely do them during N1.

@shotty:
Are you still willing to hammer Zinger, or has seeing the town JK claim changed your mind?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 am

@Rainbowdash
– So whose Alt are you? I know you created this account just for [REDACTED].

--

I’m very disappointed that scum-Silver is getting off today. Very disappointed.

Silverdrummer wrote:Can you post, another game where a similar situation is currently happening. I believe you but I just want solid evidence to make me feel better. If this is the case I drop Pine from my list.

I can’t because, you know, that’s directly against site rules Re: Discussing Ongoing games. I’ve toed the line by being as obtuse as I have. I’m not crossing it.

I see you solved this on your own.

--

DavidX wrote:Regardless, I know that the flavour is a summary of the character, but as I said, by luck or planning, there could be a role like "Chief Wiggum - Town Cop", or "Groundskeeper Wullie - Town Gravedigger". It wouldn't be wise to blinker ourselves to it, 'lest we go after someone who would have been incredibly useful.

Go read Superhero Mafia. Power-roles were purposefully randomly selected. The same is likely here based on the nature of the game and other information at my disposal.

Then stop outguessing the Mod if you somehow are Town.

--

HipAdd wrote:Yes it is. Its a scum-gambit, i've seen it done before. Never have i seen town do this, so i want to know the town motvation for it.

You’ve openly claimed 3rd Party as Scum under little pressure Day 1 when any Non-Town claim means likely death to survive.

So you are a VI? Gotcha.

--

Junpei wrote:Not a misrep. He says that he did what he did so that he, the jailer, wouldn't be the target of night kills. What this would do is increase the odds that a nightkill hits on an information role, thus he must believe that the odds of his safety are more important than the odds of our however many informative roles' safety. Not to mention if he could have just made himself not a scumtarget instead of screwing over town this way (if he's town).

It is absolutely a mis-rep. It is a scummy and farcical argument to try to call say that his possible DERP-gambit creates significantly greater danger for Town information roles (unless they were scummy enough to have to out themselves as your slot did).

Let’s run some numbers to show you why that’s the case ….

The game starts with 27 players. Let’s say for the sake of argument that we have 1 scum team of 7 members (reasonable number and maximizes the possibility of damage you assert having a single strong Scum team as opposed to Mutli-scum).

So there are 20 non-Mafia players. In that 20 non-Mafia players let’s say for the sake of argument we have 2 Information roles. Absent Zinger’s DERP-gambit scum has a 2/20 random chance of hitting one of those roles (10%).

Zinger makes his claim and theoretically makes himself a non-target for the scum who only Information role hunt and don’t have any other motivets (which is also an absurd premise). This means that they have a 2/19 chance of hitting and Information role, or a 10.5% chance. So the effect of Zinger’s DERP-gambit (if he is Town, of course) is increasing the random chance of scum hitting town by 5%.

Hardly the smoking gun your mis-rep seeks to portray.

Junkpie wrote:Asking someone who has no respect for you to do something fully for the sake of your preference is idiotic because all it will do is cause that person to not do it in spite of you.

Ok good so you can be JunkPie for the rest of my life in the game. :roll:

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Junpei »

Lol k call me JunkPie I will gladly accept the pet-name you're giving me, although if you'll notice I agreed to call him Zinger, but this isn't an issue anyway.

Yes I know that it barely hurts info roles possibility of death, even if there are more than 2 info roles, but the thing is that he is basically saying that JK is more important than those, which I disagree with. By that logic I could see doctor doing this maybe, but JK? We don't want JK on information roles because they won't get information. I'd gladly have JK take the hit than plain doctor roles, info roles, mason roles, or pretty much any other town non-VT. I don't see how you wouldn't.

And to what you said @HipAdd, I could see third party/scum do this as a poor gambit, we don't know the scum PR roles, we don't quite understand their planning process yet so we can't assume that they wouldn't do that. We can however know that from a town standpoint where you do things to help the rest of town catch scum (a communist mindset) that it makes no sense and is counter-productive.

Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

DavidX wrote:Regardless, I know that the flavour is a summary of the character, but as I said, by luck or planning, there could be a role like "Chief Wiggum - Town Cop", or "Groundskeeper Wullie - Town Gravedigger". It wouldn't be wise to blinker ourselves to it, 'lest we go after someone who would have been incredibly useful.

Go read Superhero Mafia. Power-roles were purposefully randomly selected. The same is likely here based on the nature of the game and other information at my disposal.

Then stop outguessing the Mod if you somehow are Town.

My reading of David's post is that he's not outguessing the mod, he's warning the town AGAINST outguessing the mod: that is, just because roles are random, doesn't mean that the flavour might not
accidentally
fit.

Should be on record that I strongly dislike this way of doing things: seems to me that if the rolenames are completely irrelevant to the roles, then there's no actual point having them.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Junpei »

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:
Should be on record that I strongly dislike this way of doing things: seems to me that if the rolenames are completely irrelevant to the roles, then there's no actual point having them.

How else would he get this game classified as large theme over a large normal? Besides some people enjoy the flavor (I don't unless it is related to mechanics of the game but I don't mind it).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:44 am

Junpei wrote:
Yes I know that it barely hurts info roles possibility of death, even if there are more than 2 info roles, but the thing is that he is basically saying that JK is more important than those, which I disagree with. By that logic I could see doctor doing this maybe, but JK? We don't want JK on information roles because they won't get information. I'd gladly have JK take the hit than plain doctor roles, info roles, mason roles, or pretty much any other town non-VT. I don't see how you wouldn't.

No, he didn't say that. You keep throwing that out there. Point me to where Zinger said "My role is more important than Information roles". Unless you can then that's you just putting spin on your perception.

If he is Town is was a phenominally stupid move. That's clear.

So now you are moving the goalposts. Now it isn't the fact that it increases the chances of Information role death but that it isn't an optimal play. When you decide where you want your argument to land let me know so I can assess whether you are continuing to mis-rep or portray things in an incorrect light.

Junpei wrote:And to what you said @HipAdd, I could see third party/scum do this as a poor gambit, we don't know the scum PR roles, we don't quite understand their planning process yet so we can't assume that they wouldn't do that. We can however know that from a town standpoint where you do things to help the rest of town catch scum (a communist mindset) that it makes no sense and is counter-productive.

So it would even be a poor gambit as 3rd Party / Scum? Then why is it a scum tell if regardless of the alignment of said gambitter it is a dumb move? Explain that to me.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 am

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:

Ok, I'll be on record with two things.

1. That this post really is a good guide when Pappums / Fonz is the Mod but is meaningless to the discussion here. Buiilding a Theme game that isn't "Outguessable" based on linking PowerRoles to flavor is just as valid as strongly linking flavor.
2. That this post is another example of Non-scumhunting that pervades your ISO and further strenghtens my "PLJ" is scum read.

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

Been a busy week (for both heads), haven't had much time. Will catch up tomorrow.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

vollkan wrote:Wait...what?

Your reason for not having silver as a "top" town read is that he is now on the Zinger wagon...the very same wagon that you just joined.

In fact, when you say this:
All anti-town claims should be lynched on site. This includes claims of maifa, survivor, lyncher or anything else that does not contain the town win condition. We are going to lynch him, so continuing to bicker and everything else like we have been is going to first create massive clutter like already has happened, which leads to ponies apathying out of the game. It also allows scum to make more of an optimal kill as they know more about who is lynchable, who has what reads, and who is going to the a threat to them in subsequent days. So not saying my other reads. Zinger is the lynch today, that is all. The fact the day has not ended is disheartening.

it baffles me how you can treat it as a scumtell at all.

Silver made a statement early in the game which I took as a significant town tell given its relationship to the Zinger wagon and his location elsewhere, I also am choosing not to point out this tell specifically since if it was accidently dropped by scum, which it would have been given the nature of posts from silver unless he is greatly underselling his smarts, there is a good chance he can drop it again as town and make it a far more solid tell, or contradict it heavily as scum and get busted.

The tell relies heavily on silver NOT being on the Zinger wagon, which is why I brought it up as actually being a tell if I had read whatever votecount that was which I thought silver was voting him. Since silver isn't voting for Zinger, it means silver is one of my top town reads, and I will defend him fully if he ever cements that tell.

Also for everypony who asked, after finishing reading this game PeregrineV is the best non-Zinger lynch by miles.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”