DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:I've still around because 1. I am town and have been correctly read as town by pretty much everyone and 2. I've been pretty much nonthreatening to the scum

No, you've been around because you ARE scum. No one can kill you. You have not been correctly read by anyone except ME. And that was early. How interesting that I have managed to get EVERY SINGLE READ WRONG except this one. Don't let this scumbag survive.

it's been a pretty much nuke-driven game from day 3 out so that's why we're sitting here and it's sort of ridiculous it came down to this, but oh well. hez has gotten by the past few days pretty much on the fuck-off power of the fail safe where no one wants to nuke him because they don't want to die. he showed some early game bluster but in my opinion hasn't really towntold in a significant way. to be honest his posting is reminiscent of deflated scum in a lot of regards. admitting he can't find shit on me is pretty close to admitting my innocence because i'm not some mafia god who is incapable of slipping.

I've gotten by because a shit-ton of people have called me obvtown. A shit-ton. Fewer people have called gorilla obvtown. Pooky, in making your decision, realize that you have two people who both are town. You can invent a case on anyone in order to make them scum. That's confirmation bias. I ask you to leave the person alive who is MORE TOWN. If either of us had significant scumtells, we wouldn't be in this situation right now.

the suggestion that i pulled off some sort of genius tier double bus where LLD tries to SK hunt me then i claim and we try to break our own code and she gets caught BSing it is pretty much insane, because i haven't really tried to take credit for that at all, i'm an idiot and my reads this game were horrible, my credit for catching LLD is basically solely limited to the role i drafted and i'm not afraid to admit that. but those interactions are pretty much the net whole of why i'm town - that sort of exchange is too complicated to fake and i could barely understand the code

Playing the "I'm an idiot" card. You've done nothing but let your buddies set you up this game for the long run. Then you've coasted, and actively avoided making anyone angry lest you fail completely. I've actually scumhunted, VOLUNTEERED MULTIPLE TIMES FOR PEOPLE TO NUKE ME, haven't coasted (unlike gorillascum), and am far more worthy to be the sole survivor. If anything, Pooky, there will be far more people yelling at you post-game if you nuke me than if you nuke gorilla. And that's WITHOUT hindsight bias.

i requested this game day that either i get hammer or i be the final survivor, because i know me surviving is a guaranteed town win, but if there wasn't a sufficient level of trust, then i'd rather be slated to die first so i could be confirmed town and have the decision over who survives because then it would be my responsibility and my decision influencing the outcome of the game and i'd have preferred that to getting nukehammered on. that's not something i'd even consider asking as scum because even if the chance of me getting hammer were slim, it would be an instant loss if i did so.

Me surviving is a guaranteed town win. You surviving is a guaranteed-you win. Your post is highly suspicious because you are actively trying to make yourself look town. Why? I'M IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. I AM ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS. Yet, I am scared as fuck to take the hammer. You have no fucking clue about this game either. Why would you even SUGGEST that you deserve the hammer?

so in a nutshell i am totally town because i am not good enough to fake it, also i love America

Fuck you you are good enough to fake it. All you did this fucking game was choose a role that would allow you to have your buddies set you up, did your very very best to not piss anyone off, and coasted by on people's lack of suspicion for you.

The above is also a huge AtE. I can do that too -- my story is better than yours. Here I am as the person SpyreX wanted to POLICY LYNCH. Those words have never burned me deeper. Yet, if I am sole survivor, I can look at his ass when this game is over and say bitch please, my obvtownness just won you the game. I am also the person who Mina pointed out has GOTTEN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING READ WRONG. Not only who is scum, but who is town. Every single one. But as the sole survivor, I would be completely redeemed based on my play today. Gorilla, my story is WAY BETTER than yours, so don't even try this AtE bullshit with me.

p-edit: i'll be completely honest here, i have been trying to avoid pissing anyone off, it's an awkward situation because i got complacent and assumed town would hit scum sooner, hez could afford to be a bit more aggressive because no one wanted to nuke him and everyone was wanting to save him for this final day. like i said it was a nuke driven game and most of the decisions made were out of my hands

You admit my point is correct. What town motivation is there to avoid pissing people off?

This might be my strongest point, Pooky, so read. With 11 (or howeverm any alive once we had caught all scum but one) alive, no town actually looks at the game and thinks "Okay, I have no idea who the mafia is. My goal is to make myself look so town that I have to be the sole survivor."

They don't do this. They scumhunt, try and figure out who the scum is (as I have done, and gorilla has been completely lacking in post-LLD), and they ASSUME THE TOWN IS GOING TO FUCKING WIN. Do you know why gorilla didn't scumhunt? (Besides the fact that it would be insta-gameover for him by attacking someone with a nuke) Because there is nothing in it for him. For any other townie, especially when it was clear that the last European wasn't just giong to show up and die but rather be very difficult to find, there is a certain amoutn of GLORY in CATCHING THE LAST SCUM. As a town, you want to be that guy who does it. I tried twice -- with IS adn Pooky. I was wrong both times. But the fact that I even tried is why I am town and he is not -- I wanted the glory of finding the last one. Gorilla only cares about BEING the last one.

Friday night I will probably be going out like any normal person, but I am here to answer as many questions as you need me to until then.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

gorilla wrote:Well, this was an entertaining game to read, can't say I felt like I did much, though.

This is true

lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

well

according to everyone still around u basically did nothing and tried to stay in the shadows/survive based on your interaction with LLD... is that about right?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Dana, feel free to jump in here and say something if you want.. time is running out
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

All of America rests on my little shoulders. This feels kind of surreal
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm about 85% towards killing Gorilla over Hez.

I'm gonna go to bed and make a decision some time tommorrow. Let me know if you guys think of anything else I should think about.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Basically guys, I'm going to be picking which of you two wins the game tommorrow. And I'm going to look like an idiot and have to eat my words earlier about crushing euroscumbags if I make the wrong choice here... I don't want that to happen. So Gorilla, the basic crux of your argument of "why I should pick you to survive" is "I'm not good enough to fake this" and "my interaction with LLD rules me out as scum" . Niether of these reasons are particularly good because 1) Letting someone win because they are "bad" is kind of stupid and 2) Saying any particular "setup" is impossible is kind of dumb... All of what Hez has said about you above seems to be correct. You didn't really scumhunt, you kinda coasted, you kind of tried to hide in the background. All things that I would suspect a scumbag of doing to try to hide for an endgame win, whereas Hez played his balls out... something I wouldn't expect the last scumbag to do considering how the other 4 scumbags played.

So you have until now to tommorrow night to convince me I'm wrong... You could also of course save me the trouble by just admitting your euro-guilt and we can like maybe forgive you for being born French. We know all you wanted to do was hide in the corner and wave your little white flag, you never really wanted to hurt anyone...
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by HezLucky »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm about 85% towards killing Gorilla over Hez.

I'm gonna go to bed and make a decision some time tommorrow. Let me know if you guys think of anything else I should think about.

If you do this you are a god.

I was pretty sure you were going to get it wrong, tbh.

Do you have any questions for me?

(One more point: I've clearly been the more open one here at LyLo, so I am more likely to do something you may misinterpret as a slip. The town is cheering you on in the graveyard to nuke Gorilla, but god damn please don't change your mind)

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I'll throw this out there. Maybe this will make you feel even better about nuking gorilla:

Why am I trying so hard? Because I haven't exactly played a good game. If I was dead, a whole buncha people might yell at me in the graveyard for poor play and that'd be it. If I am nuked at LyLo, it will just acknowledge what several have said about me this game. "Hez is a liability to have late in the game (for his power or his decision making)". Most importantly, having not played well, if I am nuked today, the very very last thing I would want is for you to look at me after the game and say "Hez, you coulda tried harder". If you nuke me, fine. But don't tell me once this game is over that it's my fault, or that I could have tried harder. It took me a while but I gave you a great case on gorilla. Told you exactly why he's scum. Answered every single one of your questions. I really really want to win this, and as long as I've put in more than enough effort to be able to say "I tried to tell you", I'm okay. If you nuke me, it will be because of paranoia. That's why IS is gone. That's why you're gone. That's why Mina's gone. That's why all of these "obvtown" people, who really were town, are gone. Until yuo make your nuke tomorrow, I will put in absolutely every effort to allow you to make a decision that you are comfortable with, bar none. If you then choose to nuke me due to paranoia, fine. But at the very least, I can hold my head up high and tell you after the game that I tried. I didn't just sit here and twiddle my thumbs at lynch or lose. I helped you as much as I could. If you want to nuke me, whatever. It's the wrong decision, but it's yours to make. And I really hope you don't fucking do it. But that's why I'm trying harder than gorilla here. I'm trying to redeem myself. More importantly, this is a team game, and I'm kinda also trying to absolve myself of any direct fault should I not be the sole survivor.

Play to win. But don't play to blame someone else if you get it wrong. As long as you take responsibility for your nuke, you'll be okay.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by gorilla »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:well

according to everyone still around u basically did nothing and tried to stay in the shadows/survive based on your interaction with LLD... is that about right?

what about everyone not still around

did you not read what they said

sigh

i didn't try to survive based on that, i never came under scrutiny, i tried to find reads i looked for people who i thought were town but they got nuked anyway

in all seriousness what has hez done lately

remind me because i can't remember

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Basically guys, I'm going to be picking which of you two wins the game tommorrow. And I'm going to look like an idiot and have to eat my words earlier about crushing euroscumbags if I make the wrong choice here... I don't want that to happen. So Gorilla, the basic crux of your argument of "why I should pick you to survive" is "I'm not good enough to fake this" and "my interaction with LLD rules me out as scum" . Niether of these reasons are particularly good because 1) Letting someone win because they are "bad" is kind of stupid and 2) Saying any particular "setup" is impossible is kind of dumb... All of what Hez has said about you above seems to be correct. You didn't really scumhunt, you kinda coasted, you kind of tried to hide in the background. All things that I would suspect a scumbag of doing to try to hide for an endgame win, whereas Hez played his balls out... something I wouldn't expect the last scumbag to do considering how the other 4 scumbags played.

So you have until now to tommorrow night to convince me I'm wrong... You could also of course save me the trouble by just admitting your euro-guilt and we can like maybe forgive you for being born French. We know all you wanted to do was hide in the corner and wave your little white flag, you never really wanted to hurt anyone...

i'm not going to apologize for anything i did because i played trying to help the town and i still don't believe i'd have taken eavesdrop as scum, not even for the wifom value of it because i would never anticipate playing the long game as scum with this playerbase and so many town directed kills and i know that's bordering on WIFOM logic but it's the truth. i mean even if you think hez 'played better' than me or something that doesn't change the fact that i am town. what does a euroscumbag who wants to survive take, fucking eavesdrop or the fail safe HRRRRM

i asked for the damn hammer earlier today if you didn't trust me because i explicitly did not want the town to lose if hez is scum and ends up being the last man standing i was fucking willing to take on the challenge but inhim was so confident i was town so i didn't protest. i would have played my balls off but i never got a chance to

i will cry if you nuke me but they will be red blooded american tears, the tears of a bald eagle, and i will sing the star spangled banner as america's flag burns
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by gorilla »

HezLucky wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If you do this you are a god.

(One more point: I've clearly been the more open one here at LyLo, so I am more likely to do something you may misinterpret as a slip. The town is cheering you on in the graveyard to nuke Gorilla, but god damn please don't change your mind)

also if hez's fake-ass emotional appeal bullshit in this post is swaying you really need to take a damn step back and look at what he's saying
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:
HezLucky wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If you do this you are a god.

also if hez's fake-ass emotional appeal bullshit in this post is swaying you really need to take a damn step back and look at what he's saying

This is not an appeal to emotion.

I think about this game 24/7. My goal is to post as many of my thought processes as possible in hope that Pooky will have a *DING* go off in his head and say "OMG I THINK THIS EXACT WAY THERE IS NO WAY SCUM THINKS LIKE THIS NUKE: GORILLA"

That's my goal. I'm not trying to appeal to emotion. Rather, I'm trying to present a different side of myself so that Pooky has an additional thing to evaluate. I don't want Pooky to read this and say "that's inspirational Hez, but that doesn't help me". I want Pooky to read this and say "I understand your thought processes. They are <town/scum>"

You on the other hand have given Pooky nothing. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT TEH GAME GORILLA?

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm

I didn't say anything about apologizing. Why would you accuse hez of ate while talking about crying American tears?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:in all seriousness what has hez done lately

I scumhunted in trying to find thel ast scum yesterday. My scumhunt choice was IS. I laid out a case for him. You even agreed with it.

I scumhunted today. I EVEN MADE A PLAN THAT I WAS COMFORTABLE WITH. Because there is no way I was confident enough to choose, but I wanted to take a shot. So I picked Pooky as the person to nuke (aka. my choice for scum), laid out the reasons, and was wrong.

You, on the other hand, have not scumhunted at all since LLD's death. You never came under scrutiny because you were too afraid to put yourself under scrutiny.`

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by gorilla »

because that was intended as a mostly humorous end to my post, the actual substantive shit was above it

things like "If you do this you are a god.", "I was pretty sure you were going to get it wrong, tbh.", and "The town is cheering you on in the graveyard" are all hellishly insincere and are designed to sway you without making a real point as to me being scum

also, where the fuck is dana

i was like dead certain he was town and of course the first fucking thing he does is commit suicide today and then does a disappearing act
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by gorilla »

HezLucky wrote:

I scumhunted in trying to find thel ast scum yesterday. My scumhunt choice was IS. I laid out a case for him. You even agreed with it.

I scumhunted today. I EVEN MADE A PLAN THAT I WAS COMFORTABLE WITH. Because there is no way I was confident enough to choose, but I wanted to take a shot. So I picked Pooky as the person to nuke (aka. my choice for scum), laid out the reasons, and was wrong.

You, on the other hand, have not scumhunted at all since LLD's death. You never came under scrutiny because you were too afraid to put yourself under scrutiny.`

how about the plan where i asked to be nuked so i could have hammer

what about that plan

i didn't scumhunt day 4 but i did try to figure out who was town which would have been useful if the swinging dicks didn't kill each other off

you've only survived because everyone was afraid to kill you
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:
things like "If you do this you are a god.", "I was pretty sure you were going to get it wrong, tbh.", and "The town is cheering you on in the graveyard" are all hellishly insincere and are designed to sway you without making a real point as to me being scum

They are my reactions as I read the posts.

As I said earlier, I don't need to make you scum. I just need to be more town than you. But I have: and you still don't have a single fucking case on me. You'er afraid you are going to be outargued by me, so you've given up. If I were in your shoes against a more verbose player, I would be FUCKING FURIOUS and trying anything to get the other person lynched. The game is on the line here. You are not playing at all like town.

I was theo nly one who actually put you in one of my scumlists all game. If even a single one of my other reads was right, I might've had the confidence to prevent us from even being in this situation.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:
HezLucky wrote:

how about the plan where i asked to be nuked so i could have hammer

what about that plan

i didn't scumhunt day 4 but i did try to figure out who was town which would have been useful if the swinging dicks didn't kill each other off

you've only survived because everyone was afraid to kill you

How about the two times I AGREED TO BE NUKED? One by LLD, the other by IS. In fact, I damn near insisted that IS nuke me.

Then you went and killed him. Yes, I know how that story ends.

But your defeatist attitude doesn't win you teh game. I am more town than you, and I've played more town than you have.

Thankfully, you've shown up. Because now I actually will yell at Pooky if he gets this wrong.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Yeah I'm stalking the thread and refreshing every minute. I see you online. Do you have any actual case on me? Or are you going to continue to spew Pooky the crap of "OMG I SUCK IT CAN'T POSSIBLE BE ME?"

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by gorilla »

is it bad that my last hope at this point is that pooky is just trolling the hell out of me as scum because this is fucking ridiculous
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:is it bad that my last hope at this point is that pooky is just trolling the hell out of me as scum because this is fucking ridiculous

(I would be plenty amused if tihs is the case. I can fucking assure you I am not scum.)

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by gorilla »

I am not being defeatist, i am re-reading

i might put together a case on you but i think i have explained to the best of my ability why i am town and it just keeps getting ignored which is what i was afraid of and why i wanted hammer

saying i've given up is just an outright cocky bullshit lie though
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:I am not being defeatist, i am re-reading

i might put together a case on you but i think i have explained to the best of my ability why i am town and it just keeps getting ignored which is what i was afraid of and why i wanted hammer

saying i've given up is just an outright cocky bullshit lie though

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is not being sole survivor. If I am sole survivor, America wins.

I expect many Hezwavres in the graveyard if Pooky nukes gorilla.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by gorilla »

actually no on a re-read i think it's you still which means i really ought to do something
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by HezLucky »

gorilla wrote:actually no on a re-read i think it's you still which means i really ought to do something

You think it's me, yet I'm completely fucking certain it's you.

Maybe it's because I know my alignment, and if I'm wrong about you it doesn't matter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”