Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Your game name.
The Mafia Dating Game Show 2
The number of players

Have you ever thought to yourself what I would give for a second vote? Did you ever wish you could lynch 2 players at the same time? Well guess what you can do that.
I'm your host farside.

Welcome to the second edition of The Mafia Dating Game Show.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 am

Post by Enigma »

Infection

24 - Day 3

What are you prepared to sacrifice?

: Engima
Game Type
: 13 Players - Mini Theme
Expected Start
: End of July

This is a nightless game! The terrorists control the spread of the virus by infecting players with the virus instead of using the conventional nightkill. But they must take care to ensure they don't get themselves infected ... unless they wish to be a martyr that is!

There aren't any outrageous or bastard roles, and most roles should be familiar to players, though expect some minor modifications such that there is synergy between the mechanic and roles. Abilities and mechanics will be duration based and will also have a cooldown before they can be used again.

Expect from me active and reliable modding. I will try and accompany flavour with the game, but may not always have the luxury of time to be able to do so. I have tried to balance the game as much as I can, and it is now in the final stages of review with multiple people reviewing the game.

I expect from you to have active posting and an ability to grasp the concept of new and unique mechanics. As the game does not revolve around the conventional day and night phase but instead different time periods for each mechanic and ability, I require players to not have a history of flaking in their recent games, and no major V/LA's (greater than ~4 days) in the foreseeable future, as well as at least 2 completed games on site.

PM me to pre-in now!

Day 1 - Assassination
and
Day 2 - Radiation
to come eventually.

Sneak Preview

Infection Mechanics - The Cordilla Virus

Anyone who targets a contagious player or is targeted by a contagious player is also infected.
If you hammer a contagious player, you perform the kill and thus are also infected.

Infection Timeline

Dormant: You do not know that you are infected. You proceed with your normal routine, and you are not contagious.

Contagious: You do not know that you are infected. You proceed with your normal routine, but you are now contagious.

Symptoms: It is publicly announced that you are showing symptoms and that you are a carrier of the virus. You can still perform you abilities and you are contagious..

Deathbed: Your time’s up! You are still contagious and people can still target you, but you can no longer be cured and you can no longer perform any abilities.

Voting Mechanics

There are two types of voting, vote to lynch and vote to cure.
A majority of votes are required to lynch a player and to cure a player. There is a cooldown on both the lynch and cure votes.

Vote for Lynch
: The only way to protect the country is to eradicate those who seek to destroy your way of life. Use your vote to systematically lynch all the terrorists, and only then will the threat be neutralised.

Vote for Cure
: The government is as usual slow to acknowledge the crisis. Only after deaths to the infection do they begin to act, and slowly begin to introduce cures to the virus to the public. Unfortunately there isn't enough to save everyone, again you must choose who lives ... and who dies. Pray that people decide to show mercy and cure you.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Execution Mafia 2:
Days of the Cold War

Those of you can look here to see the first completed game of this. The game mechanics will be the same with two changes:
-Mafia can self vote at night
-There WILL be a twilight phase since everyone seemed to have trouble with this rule last game

This takes place many years after the first one and the witches are coming back! Will they succeed again or will the town successfully stop them?

In this exciting twist on mafia, players vote for an executioner for the day and the night. During the day, players vote in thread for who they want to be the executioner. When a player receives the majority, they then get the green light to execute a player.

At night, the mafia get an edge by having their votes count as two instead of one. No one knows who receives the night execution, just who gets killed. Also, mafia don't get a night kill, they must earn it via vote.

Will you survive? Or will you fail at this new gameplay?

Game has been reviewed by two players who played the last one and one of them will be my backup mod :)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

2 questions.

1.) Should the number of people going to mod a mini theme match the people currently on Has's list of mods?

2.) Is anyone thinking about running a hunger Games-themed mafia?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Voidedmafia wrote:1.) Should the number of people going to mod a mini theme match the people currently on Has's list of mods?
Hrm? Not everyone on hasdgfas' list will come and post here, so the list won't match 1 to 1, no. If people are advertising here but not on has' list yet, it may just mean they're not ready to even get in line yet, but have a strong idea for when they do (sounds weird to me too, but it's a free country).
Retired as of October 2014.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Oh, okay. I was curious becasue I saw some of the theme ideas here, but didn't see some of the posters on Has's list.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Voidedmafia wrote:Oh, okay. I was curious becasue I saw some of the theme ideas here, but didn't see some of the posters on Has's list.
Not all Themes are Minis.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh, yeah. Lots of the themes will be Larges.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Name

Wrestling Superstar Mafia

Theme

The World of Wrestling has gone to war after a huge cross federations battle. It got that heated that Promoter Jason Talbot (stage name jasont1981) was found dead after a show in New York. Now it is up to the wrestlers to find out who is killing people.

Features

Wrestlers from WWE, TNA, WCW and Ring of Honor.

Setup

13 player

Pre-in slots

Accepting 5 pre-in slots.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by ender241 »

Vegas mafia

It was a scary place in Vegas, Hookers, murders, and lots more. The vegas gang owned it all, cops being bribed, judges being bribed, witnesses being bribed, then it comes to the un-bribed people to stop the mafia and lynch them.
The
setup
- Mini normal

The
players

The
reviewers
- Hoopla, Llama and SpyreX

Pre-in
information - I have 6 slots available with noone pre-in'd yet. Pm me to get your name on the list.

The
requirements
- 1 game completed, please(if not on this site PM me a link to another game from another site).

The
starting time
- Should be soon, it looks like there are two people ahead of me.

Anything else - My first game, set-up is great. Remember, PM me now to get your name on the list! There is no third parties in this game btw.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Forgot to mention that Execution Mafia is slightly bastard
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

(borrowing the style from Jason to make it more straightforward)

Name
: Investigation Mafia

Theme
: The Mafia have entered your town! In a bid to cast them out, you take it upon yourselves to be your own detectives, tracking, watching, or investigate the townspeople to out the scum and keep the town as your own.

Reviewers
: Currently unreviewed. Asking Slaxx, Regfan, and GreyICE if they'd like to help review and/or co-mod.

Players
: 13 (Mini Theme)

Pre-Ins
: I will accept 4 pre-ins.

Requirements
: Must have 1 completed game. No hydras.

Starting Time
: Well, since I'd be at the bottom of the list (or close enough)...but it'd definitely start up after my Mini Normal game is completed, since I'd have no other modded games until it's done.

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm reclaiming Gay Mafia as an upcoming theme.
Big Sleep
Big Sleep
Townie
Big Sleep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Big Sleep »

/in for execution
Big Sleep
Big Sleep
Townie
Big Sleep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Big Sleep »

Shit. My bad.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm reclaiming Gay Mafia as an upcoming theme.

I am SO glad I wasn't drinking anything right there... gogogo!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:24 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to run Descent into Chaos II
or
Red vs Blue Mafia, due to real-life issues that will likely prevent me from returning to the site at all. I apologize to those who were looking forward to playing either of those games, and for those of you who had pre-ins/PMs of interest, I will definitely let you know if I should happen to be able to run either of those games in the future.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Post-Apocalyptic Mafia

Players: 13
Mod: Slaxx
Spoiler: Mod Experience:
Murder in Hotel LeSlaxx (Mini Normal), 90s Band Mafia (Minitheme), 00s Band Mafia (Large Theme), There Will Be Bloodshed (Large Normal), Any Band U-Pick (Large Theme: Still Running)

Spoiler: Required Player Experience:
3 Completed Game
on Site
Must have been on Site 6 Months*
Cannot have flaked from a game in the last 2 Months

*No Exceptions.

Flavor: Deep in the heart of Post Apocalyptic Chicago a small band of 13 people struggle to survive. Instead of overcoming their primal instincts, some refugees allowed their hunger to drive them to cannibalism. The leader of their group already died by the hands of these hardly-humans, and anyone in the town could be next. The rule is simple: hunt for the cannibals during the day, and avoid becoming their next meal at night. There are no cults or jesters in this game. Check my sig for Pre-in slots, if there are some left, drop a message in my inbox.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Andrius »

Encore Mafia: Moderator MayhemPlayers will receive a role from a game they have previously moderated before. Similar to Encore Mafia where players got a role they previously
played
before, but this go-round will be a POV shift.

/Pre-in Requirements:

-->All players must have
moderated
at least two Non-Newbie Games to completion
------>NOTE: Games must be completed to count.
-->Role PMs for your games must be publically available, or else will not be counted. Mod-notes are required.
-->Marathon games do not count
-->Games moderated under a Mod-Hydra (Bilbo Baggins, Reckamonic, Eddard Stark) can either A) Count towards that account as a Hydra-Player, or B) Count towards a player who is playing from that Mod-Account solo. So, dramonic could play Encore as Reckamonic and get only roles from the pool of games Reckamonic has modded (not its constituent members' games) or dramonic could play and get roles from both his games and Reckamonic's games.

Along with your /pre-in please include links to your moderated games, unless you have a wiki page that has them. Along with that you may send in role preferences.

Finally, while there will be no guarantees of a no-vanilla setup, there will be a bias towards giving players interesting non-vanilla roles. I may or may not guarantee a no-vanilla or a some-vanilla game when the game begins.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Hometown football games. Playing with the kids in the front yard, not worrying about the threats that city life brings. Common sense and wholesome hospitality are the law of the land. There's not much to do here in GST (Generic Small Town), but life here is both quaint and peaceful. Perfectly isolated from the troubles of the world outside the city limits, the few citizens of GST never bothered to think of what would happen if tragedy struck.

Until now.

Coming to the Mini Normal Queue very shortly . . . .

ConfidAnon's first closed setup production . . . .

Small Town Scumbags

Thirteen players.

Six pre-in spots available. (PM me to claim one.)

Interesting, fun setup approved for balance and normality by Hoopla, LlamaFluff, and Herodotus.

Active mod (I promise).
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 am

Post by ooba »

Box Office Mafia

Game type:
Mini Theme

Basic Mechanics:

1) The setup consists of 13 actors
2) Each actor will have 2 roles from movies he has acted in. The game and the Role PMs will refer to them as "Past" and "Future" roles respectively. ("Past" and "Future" only denotes that the first movie came before the second for that particular actor.)
Note: Not every actor will fit to the above description
3) Introducing the "Box Office (BO)" mechanic. Along with the lynch each day, all players vote on whether to change the current BO to "Past" or "Future" respectively. If there is no majority on the BO voting whenever lynch or no lynch occurs, then the BO remains what it was. At the start of the game, BO will start in the "Future" mode.
Note: The BO voting is not the only way in the game to change the BO mode.
4) In a battle between game balance and flavor, balance has always won. So if something seems a little different flavor-wise, take it with a pinch of salt.

Other Info:

1) Not guaranteed to be a "No Vanilla" setup
2) Role PM quoting is allowed (The rest of my standard ruleset applies)

Pre-ins:

There will be no pre-ins for this game. However given that it is the next game in the Mini theme queue, signups should have started or be close to starting by the time you see this.
Isabella Swan
Isabella Swan
Townie
Isabella Swan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Isabella Swan »

It's on it's way...Breaking Dawn Mafia~

[/checking how my avatar looks]
coming soon to a Theme Park near you in early 2012! PM to pre-/in now! 3 slots remaining.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Get prepared for
Bastardmind of Sin
, the first full bastard game from the sinister mind of MoS! Expect crazy roles, crazy mechanics, special rules, daily events, and a hell of a lot of fun! This is an optional Upick game, players will be allowed to submit their own rolename if they wish. Otherwise, one will be assigned to them by the mod.

I should clarify that this game is not completely 100% bastard, but more has some small bastard elements and a lot of crazy random events and mechanics that will shake things up. I'm not a huge fan of outright lying to players or anything, and my primary goal is to make this game both fun and crazy at the same time.

Game Type:
Large Theme
Players:

Pre-/ins accepted.
Last edited by Mastermind of Sin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Permanent V/LA.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:the sinister mind of MoS!

*groan*
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:the sinister mind of MoS!

*groan*

I'm counting this as a pre-/in :P
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Queue”