Open 318: By Nomination Only (Game Over)

Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Rory the Roman »

Papa Zito wrote:
Rory the Roman wrote:Lets do this:
vote Zito
. hardcore tunneling + lurking is fun, and scum.

I'm
lurking? Lol?

So you're going to give me all kinds of great reasons why malp is town right? Ok go.

Hi Zito. I'd like to thank Fenchurch for this great analysis of the votes:

Fenchurch wrote:
Spoiler: Votecharts to date
ImageImageImage

(mix in filehosting since photobucket was making the first image smaller than the others)

You have voteparked on NS/Malpa before, and now you are just back where you started. NS was a target anyway, and seen that you even parked your vote there, I doubt he is scum. You are though.
"I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Papa Zito »

So yet again I'm going to ask you what makes malp (or NS) town, since that's the basis of your entire 'argument'
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 3.05Papa Zito (3) - Twistedspoon, Rory the Roman, Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR (2) - Fenchurch, malpascp
Rory the Roman (2) - zMuffinMan, Copper
Copper (1) - VitaminR
malpascp (1) - Papa Zito

Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, August 4, 2011, at 9:08 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Cogito Ergo Sum is V/LA.
malpascp is V/LA from July 26 to July 29.
Twistedspoon is V/LA from July 25 to August 12.
Last edited by Equinox on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Papa Zito wrote:So yet again I'm going to ask you what makes malp (or NS) town, since that's the basis of your entire 'argument'

Because you are scum.

inevitable Zito response wrote:Then why am I scum?

Because you were voteparking on NS/Malp.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I don't get it either. Your argument is that Zito is scum, because malpa is town; and malpa is town, because Zito is scum. Why are you insisting on circular logic, Rory?
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Fenchurch wrote:I don't get it either. Your argument is that Zito is scum, because malpa is town; and malpa is town, because Zito is scum. Why are you insisting on circular logic, Rory?

I'm working on the assumptions that townies don't votepark.

I see Zito lurking and keeping his vote on Malpa, coming back etc. Among posts which are off to me (and I have commented on till then)

I reason Zito must be scum and malpa consequentely town (since scum parks a vote on him).

Never in this reasoning is the implication that Zito must be scum because malpa is town ever used. Zito made it seem circular. It certainly isn't.

because I'm not stupid and I am logical. Thanks.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 am

Post by VitaminR »

Fenchurch wrote:My issue with Twisted's case on Zito is this; he seems to use the same reason to clear malpa and condemn Zito: their votes for "innocents". If malpa-scum wouldn't want to draw attention, then why wouldn't Zito-scum be concerned about the same thing?

Oh wow, scum alert. Maybe I was too quick to declare you a townie. I feel like tou are being purposefully dim here. Malp and PZ clearly have very different experience levels that make a massive difference in terms of how their actions should be interpreted.

Maybe you are scum with PZ and Copper. That would make some sense.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:57 am

Post by VitaminR »

Copper, why are you voting Rory instead of me? I thought I had missed some change in your thinking, but I can't seem to find it.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:57 am

Post by VitaminR »

Copper, why are you voting Rory instead of me? I thought I had missed some change in your thinking, but I can't seem to find it.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Fenchurch »

VitaminR wrote:Oh wow, scum alert. Maybe I was too quick to declare you a townie. I feel like tou are being purposefully dim here. Malp and PZ clearly have very different experience levels that make a massive difference in terms of how their actions should be interpreted.

If anything, I'd expect that to have the opposite effect then. I think experienced scum would have a better idea of how not to draw attention, whereas newb-scum are more likely to be a loose cannon.
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

VitaminR wrote:
Fenchurch wrote:My issue with Twisted's case on Zito is this; he seems to use the same reason to clear malpa and condemn Zito: their votes for "innocents". If malpa-scum wouldn't want to draw attention, then why wouldn't Zito-scum be concerned about the same thing?

Oh wow, scum alert. Maybe I was too quick to declare you a townie. I feel like tou are being purposefully dim here. Malp and PZ clearly have very different experience levels that make a massive difference in terms of how their actions should be interpreted.

Maybe you are scum with PZ and Copper.
That would make some sense.

"Can we keep this one, dad? Pleeaaaaase?"

Now seriously, those are the people on top of my scumlist. And VitaminR just moved up in my townlist.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

What's your scum list?

PZ, Copper, Fenchurch?

I could agree that Vitamin is town, but not based on who he suspects.

Question to anyone who wants to give an answer to this, and the answer will probably vary based on who you suspect, but: Why do you think Amrun's wagon stalled at L-2 for ages on D1?

I've sorta been lazy with mafia these past few days. Will put some effort into catching up properly over the next 24 hours after some sleep. Apologies for the inactivity.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

zMuffinMan wrote:What's your scum list?

PZ, Copper, Fenchurch?

I could agree that Vitamin is town, but not based on who he suspects.

That might be a personal thing. More often then not the person who thinks in the same direction as I do is of the same allignment. It's pretty much the strongest town tell I can find.

I've sorta been lazy with mafia these past few days. Will put some effort into catching up properly over the next 24 hours after some sleep. Apologies for the inactivity.

I don't think you have to worry that much. The game died a bit with that second day.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Fenchurch »

zMuffinMan wrote:Question to anyone who wants to give an answer to this, and the answer will probably vary based on who you suspect, but: Why do you think Amrun's wagon stalled at L-2 for ages on D1?

I think because all or some of the scumteam were afraid to join what they knew would be a mislynch.

I still think VitR is scum. He declared a town-read on Amrun fairly early Day 1 (#264, #369) and probably found it hard to turn around on that when she became the leading wagon at the end of Day 1, especially since he was a suspect himself earlier in the Day, and would have probably come under more scrutiny for a switch.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

proddodge.... even though I'm V/la for another week :neutral:

anyways, you've only done 2 pages, so I can't be missing too much

I'll make this short. PZ is scum because he was the only one who wasn't an obv or conf. townie on the Amrun wagon, and I'll take some convincing indeed to believe it had 0 scum on it
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Glad you've still got some access Twistedspoon. Yeah we've only got about 4 active players right now I think.

I just feel pretty null on Zito, whereas I'm more sure on VitR. Rory commented that Vitamin's defence seemed genuine, but I think defence is the easiest thing to fake as scum, because even townies don't want to get mislynched. I'll try and look back on PZ sometime though.

I'm away tomorrow, back Sunday. Last weekend trip for a while, I hope.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Fenchurch wrote:Glad you've still got some access Twistedspoon. Yeah we've only got about 4 active players right now I think.

well I don't really have access

come a few hours I'll be V/la for another week but if you're only going to get through 2 pages again then once I return from next week the active times may roll on as things get smoother for me. I'm holidaying in Austria Y'see

still, It's nice to be welcomed back :D

so do you believe there was at least one scum one the Amrun wagon Fenchurch? If so it's almost certainly Zito

~Screwtape
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Fenchurch »

If there were scum on the wagon then I'd guess it's Zito, zMuff, or both. I couldn't say strongly. Rory's point about Zito's voteparking does sense. But I think zMuff's play has been scummy too. And I don't really like how a lot of people said they would lynch him yesterday, and then failed to follow through.

zMuff, what is your own answer to your question?
zMuffinMan wrote:Question to anyone who wants to give an answer to this, and the answer will probably vary based on who you suspect, but: Why do you think Amrun's wagon stalled at L-2 for ages on D1?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I find it highly unlikely that the Amrun wagon is 100% town
I find it also highly(?) unlikely that Muffin is mafioso

Therefore I find it highly likely we have a mafioso in PZ

Also, his last 7 or so posts seem to have little content, reek of pushing the malpa myslynch and just really look like overconfident scum to me with the (well you haven't got a case on me) nonsense

my vote stays on PZ as i go V/la part 2

~Screwtape
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

BBmolla replaces Copper! Thank you!

In the meantime, malpascp is getting prodded on the tail end of his V/LA, and Cogito Ergo Sum is also getting a prod.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Hi everyone! :D

I've got a lot of catching up to do, so feel free to ask me any questions, but don't expect any scum hunting from me for a day or so.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Rory the Roman wrote:I'm working on the assumptions that townies don't votepark.

That's it?

Seriously?

So I've provided reasons why I want malp dead, and I've voted malp because I want him dead, and this makes me scum. hooookay then
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@fenchurch

Let's just suppose, in some magical parallel world, there's a slight possibility that you're wrong about me being scum.

Who would you think is scum and why? 1 or 2 scum on the Amrun wagon?

As for why I think the wagon stalled at L-2, there's a few possible reasons.

1) It was already scum-infested. I don't think this is likely just due to the composition of the wagon.
2) There was 1 scum on it and the other 2 were undecided as to how best approach the wagon. Again, I don't consider this likely, because I think Twisted and CES are probably both town.
3) There was no scum on it and they were in a predicament about how best to approach the wagon based on what they'd said previously about Amrun or they were inactive at the time or they simply didn't know how best to jump on the wagon without blatantly saying "yeah, I'm scum". <- This is what I think is most likely.

Your insistence that I'm scum is starting to irk me. Your case on me was pretty damn bad and you've done nothing to add to it except continually insist that my play was scummy D1.

@Vitamin,

So. Let's just say I believe you're town but we're not lynching Copper today. What now?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Well, I'm in agreement with you on option 3. This is what I think is most likely too. This is another reason why I think VitR is scum, his play fits with that theory.

But Twisted asked me, if there were scum on the wagon, then who; so I answered that question.

And your suggestion that I've done nothing but "continually insist you're scum without adding new information", is way overstated. I haven't been targetting you much today, my focus has been on VitR. And in that very last post I did add a new piece of information: the promises of votes on you that failed to materialise at the end of Day 2.
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Rory the Roman »

Papa Zito wrote:
Rory the Roman wrote:I'm working on the assumptions that townies don't votepark.

That's it?

Seriously?

So I've provided reasons why I want malp dead, and I've voted malp because I want him dead, and this makes me scum. hooookay then

And you've parked your vote there without adding much all of day 1. Yes, congratulations, you got a scum pm.

Return to “Completed Open Games”