Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:Meh, we should have lynched 17 pages ago.

The silver wagon seems to be MOI, and a bunch of low-volume or low-content voters afraid of what an aggressive policy of stamping out antitown and scum-favoring behaviour might mean for them.

Lets finish this.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Vote Zinger

Done.
#freeShotty
Rodion
Rodion
Goon
Rodion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Rodion »

Meransiel wrote:I don
t really feel like it, I think I made myself clear enough. If you scumslip by accidentally misunderstanding me, well then, go town :D.

If you don't wish to clear yourself, I'll reserve the right to interpret how I see fit.

If you suggested that my vote was not on you because I'd rather use it to get Zinger lynched you are wrong. Zinger was lynched and I'm not one of the 14 people there. I'm not sure if you have been skimming or not but I unvoted right after I realized what Junpei and you were trying to do. I'm not sure if you skimmed because you didn't make yourself clear as I requested and that grants me the right to consider you did skim (find it unfair? Tough luck. Don't be a bitch next time someone questions you).

As to your question of why I didn't have my vote on you, the answer is because you went V/LA while we discussed and I decided to wait for your answers before that. Admiral thinks everyone should have a vote by the end of the day and I'll comply (but I will not pick between the 2 main wagons). Mine, for the record (because the lynch has already been decided), is on Meransiel.

VOTE: Meransiel
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I just hammered...
#freeShotty
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

He knows. He addressed that in his post.

Rodion > For the record, I've found your reasoning and logic to be fairly transparent. It may be a similar line of thinking but you've been reasonably easy to follow when you're explaining.. I can only assume Mera missed your point about your stance RE: his V/LA.. :/
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Junpei »

Rodion's post implies that he'll have a vote down by the end of the day, but he doesn't post a vote until after the day is over. Just pointing out how he twisted his compliance with ThAdmirals' request.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Rodion
Rodion
Goon
Rodion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Rodion »

Junpei wrote:Rodion's post implies that he'll have a vote down by the end of the day, but he doesn't post a vote until after the day is over. Just pointing out how he twisted his compliance with ThAdmirals' request.

Alright, stop with the mentally retarded act: it's not cute.

This is #1409.

Rodion wrote:
@Meransiel
-
awaiting reply to #908.

I think a hammer right now would not be good.
We've just got 3 replacements and they can contribute before the day ends. Drmyshottyizsik didn't say much and we should get some of his insights before ending the day.

I'm fully updated.
Going to decide who deserves my vote after I finish my discussion with Meran (one more reason not to quickhammer).

I did not twist anything. I asked people (particularly Shotty) to wait with the hammer so I could finish my discussion and cast my vote. The hammer did not wait. Not my fault. If you want to hold it against me and say I "twisted my compliance" you just skyrocketed in the DERP charts.

David Xanatos wrote:He knows. He addressed that in his post.

Rodion > For the record, I've found your reasoning and logic to be fairly transparent. It may be a similar line of thinking but you've been reasonably easy to follow when you're explaining.. I can only assume Mera missed your point about your stance RE: his V/LA.. :/

Thank you, David. I just wish other people would think before they post. They're really getting under my skin. /rant
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Junpei »

Rodion, you said in your post that you would comply with what ThAdmiral said and place a vote down before the end of the day. However you said this in a post that took place after the day ended and even acknowledged that a hammer had gone through in the same post.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Rainbowdash wrote:
vollkan wrote:Wait...what?

Your reason for not having silver as a "top" town read is that he is now on the Zinger wagon...the very same wagon that you just joined.

In fact, when you say this:
All anti-town claims should be lynched on site. This includes claims of maifa, survivor, lyncher or anything else that does not contain the town win condition. We are going to lynch him, so continuing to bicker and everything else like we have been is going to first create massive clutter like already has happened, which leads to ponies apathying out of the game. It also allows scum to make more of an optimal kill as they know more about who is lynchable, who has what reads, and who is going to the a threat to them in subsequent days. So not saying my other reads. Zinger is the lynch today, that is all. The fact the day has not ended is disheartening.

it baffles me how you can treat it as a scumtell at all.

Silver made a statement early in the game which I took as a significant town tell given its relationship to the Zinger wagon and his location elsewhere, I also am choosing not to point out this tell specifically since if it was accidently dropped by scum, which it would have been given the nature of posts from silver unless he is greatly underselling his smarts, there is a good chance he can drop it again as town and make it a far more solid tell, or contradict it heavily as scum and get busted.

The tell relies heavily on silver NOT being on the Zinger wagon, which is why I brought it up as actually being a tell if I had read whatever votecount that was which I thought silver was voting him. Since silver isn't voting for Zinger, it means silver is one of my top town reads, and I will defend him fully if he ever cements that tell.

Also for everypony who asked, after finishing reading this game PeregrineV is the best non-Zinger lynch by miles.

Okay, so in essence what you are saying is that the towntell is not yet entirely formed/complete. For a towntell-based argument, that makes enough sense that I no longer see this as contradictory

Zlinger wrote:
He first drew my attention when I felt that he was lock-jawing on me. His rebuttals to my posts appeared to be conveniently worded to not only defeat the purpose of my posts but at the same time make me look bad. I didn't follow up on this notion because I believed I was simply reacting strongly to him because he suspected me, and thus my opinion was biased.

However, when another player came along (I believe it was TheAdmiral, but don't quote me on that) and basically accused Junpei of the same things I was seeing, it solidified it in my mind that I wasn't simply seeing things that weren't there. I agreed with this person's post and continued to examine Junpei more closely from that point on.

Since then, all of his arguments have had the pretense of being logical and sound yet he seems to come to illogical conclusions. I get the same feeling from his posts that you get from, say, a car salesman who manages to convince you (through sound logic no less) as to why you should buy this car, but you can't help having a sinking feeling that he is twisting reality just to make it look the way he want's it too.

A few times he had back-up in his arguments, which at the time seemed like they might be a scumbuddy helping him out.

He is so sure of me being scum (to the point of overconfidence, which I explained to be a potential scum-factor).

A few other things here and there that made me think he was scum but I can't really remember what made me think that (it's enough that they did).

tl;dr version: "I think Junpei is scum because I disagree with him and he is smug"

MOI wrote:
No, that’s absurd. 4 votes when 14 are required to lynch is hardly significant pressure. In a game this size you can fall into 4 votes via RVS quick as a blink. Being tied means that at least one other person was under the same ‘level’ ( I use the term loosely) pressure so that hardly causes a rational player to panic.

Analogising it to the size of an RVS wagon is just silly. RVS wagons have far less "pressure" than serious wagons.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

Hey Rainbowdash can you tell me who you're an alt of so I can proxy my hatred of you to them too? The last thing this game needs is fucking pony pictures.

-diddin

Satisfied with the lynch.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:Hey Rainbowdash can you tell me who you're an alt of so I can proxy my hatred of you to them too? The last thing this game needs is fucking pony pictures.

Have you watched my show? Its actually one of the better shows aimed at kids in a very long time, plus the whole culture surrounding the fans of the production is interesting by itself. Far smarter than most people take it for at face value given that it must be only for little girls. Quite a unique cross section of what internet culture can become.

Also every game needs more pony pictures.

You don't earn
loyalty
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Rodion wrote:
Meransiel wrote:I don
t really feel like it, I think I made myself clear enough. If you scumslip by accidentally misunderstanding me, well then, go town :D.

If you don't wish to clear yourself, I'll reserve the right to interpret how I see fit.

If you suggested that my vote was not on you because I'd rather use it to get Zinger lynched you are wrong. Zinger was lynched and I'm not one of the 14 people there. I'm not sure if you have been skimming or not but I unvoted right after I realized what Junpei and you were trying to do. I'm not sure if you skimmed because you didn't make yourself clear as I requested and that grants me the right to consider you did skim (find it unfair? Tough luck. Don't be a bitch next time someone questions you).

As to your question of why I didn't have my vote on you, the answer is because you went V/LA while we discussed and I decided to wait for your answers before that. Admiral thinks everyone should have a vote by the end of the day and I'll comply (but I will not pick between the 2 main wagons). Mine, for the record (because the lynch has already been decided), is on Meransiel.

VOTE: Meransiel

No, I know you're not on the Zinger wagon. That is PART of the point I'm trying to make. But the very fact that you waited until the end of the day to place a vote, AND that you said a hammer is not good only after someone expressed that he wants to hammer, clearly shows letting a wagon you didn't want going on develop via inaction. Have. I. Made. Myself. Clear?

Btw, for the record, could be a rather small chance of this happening, but I'll have to say it anyway...PRs, please take this into account: due to the nature of my role, some pretty fucked up shit happens if I am protected. You can still do anything else, investigations, kills, roleblocks, whatever, but keep this in mind: no doctoring around.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Chevre »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Back from my V/LA.

So why the fuck is Zinger still almost dead?

Half the scum are on the Zinger wagon, one or two on silver, and one elsewhere.

You know this?

QFT. This is a weird statement that is especially out-of-the-blue. No one else has mentioned this theory, I think, before you said it.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I did think that was oddly specific. At the time I was tempted to call it a scumslip but it seems too blatant.. I don't know what to think of it beyond "Bwah?".

And you can quote me on that thought.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Nobody can scumslip that stupidly. Not saying PeregrineV is not scum, but saying that his statement is either a lie or a misguess.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

That's the thing though.. it's WIFOMish.. he could have done it as a way of making himself seem Town, because of the blatancy of the scumslip.

And I'm oddly concerned about your supposed role.. o_0
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by vollkan »

It reads more like an overly-specific way of criticising the two leading wagons
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

I don't see how what peregrine said is any different to what I said a while back in #1123. I actually totally agree with peregrine.

@shotty,

You're scum because you replaced scum and you are scum. It's that simple. If I'm still around D2, I'll go into more detail.

I'll be busy spending this night phase writing a grand "I told you so" speech.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Meransiel »

vollkan wrote:It reads more like an overly-specific way of criticising the two leading wagons

Sorry if I didn't notice, but who is this addressed to? I think the silver wagon was good.

@DX: You really shouldn't want me to reveal more than is strictly necessary. Stop right there.

@Zel1nk: I don't know who you will vig tonight, and quite frankly, you're not limited to a single person, and if we direct you mafia has more control over it. But, please, with a cherry on top, DO use your ability.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

Meran wrote:

It reads more like an overly-specific way of criticising the two leading wagons

Sorry if I didn't notice, but who is this addressed to? I think the silver wagon was good.

It was not addressed at anyone in particular; I was just stating my view on whether or no peregrine's "slip" was actually likely to be a slip (ie. I think it was just an oddly-worded way of saying "I don't like the silver or zlinger wagons")
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

I agree with vollkan. There are much better things to be railing on Peregrine for than that statement.
You don't earn
loyalty
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

It's 7am and I'm approaching it from the wrong direction. Consider it a monologue of sorts. I should probably go sleep..

On that note actually, is this considered twilight, or is it still considered part of the actual day phase? (I thought sleep, then night, then wondered. I have strange thought processes..)
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

Catchup from page 56 and on...

skimming cause we hammered...

-Rod
Regarding Silver, I wanted to know how he would have handled the Pine slot after a replacement, basically whether he would keep pushing for the replacement's lynch or not.

Technically this "test" did happen when mod had first claimed he was replacing Pine. I'm about 99 percent sure I stated that his slot shouldn't be excused for his actions.

-The Ever Arrogant Dave
it seems quite scummy that his apparent hate of the slot just snuffed out because, shock horror, what people had been saying the entire damn time was true..

I demand a quote where people were saying hey Pine is doing this in other games as well before MOI stated it.
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by vollkan »

David Xanatos wrote:It's 7am and I'm approaching it from the wrong direction. Consider it a monologue of sorts. I should probably go sleep..

On that note actually, is this considered twilight, or is it still considered part of the actual day phase? (I thought sleep, then night, then wondered. I have strange thought processes..)

It's twilight from the point that the hammer was placed.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

So you're demanding a quote to prove that people referenced other, ongoing games?

You do realise that's skirting the rules by a hair, right? You're not supposed to discuss them outside game threads.

There was nothing stopping you getting off your high horse and looking. It took you the entire day basically to do so, and even then only when MOI put himself in what I see as a rather precarious position with regard to the referencing/discussion rules to waggle it a metaphorical inch from your face.

Volk > That's what I thought, but I've seen variants.. thanks.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”