Open 318: By Nomination Only (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 3.06Papa Zito (3) - Twistedspoon, Rory the Roman, Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR (2) - Fenchurch, malpascp
Rory the Roman (2) - zMuffinMan, BBmolla
BBmolla (1) - VitaminR
malpascp (1) - Papa Zito

Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, August 4, 2011, at 9:08 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Cogito Ergo Sum is V/LA.
Twistedspoon is V/LA from July 25 to August 12.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ok, Pz is still obvscum and rory's vote looks incredibly like a bus to me. PZ can go first though. There's no way that the Amrun wagon was 100% town

BB is stalking my games it would appear. I grew quite fond of copper, so Bb, you have big shoes to fill. What is your previous mafia experience btw?

My V/LA is causing poor play in many of my games, but i'm determined to see this Pz lynch through

Finally, I don't want this to look like blackmailing your vote at all Fenchurch, but you will look suspect should Pz flip scum with your lukewarm read on him and hoopla's dying words being suspicion on you
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

Post by malpascp »

Oh... I want VitaminR for today :(
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:BB is stalking my games it would appear. I grew quite fond of copper, so Bb, you have big shoes to fill. What is your previous mafia experience btw?

Haha, Muffin could say the same thing. In regards to the shoes, all I can say is I'll do my best.

I first saw it a forum I went to when I was a kid. I loved the mystery aspect of it, and later found EpicMafia while browsing the web. At first I played in these 20 man games which were just giant spamfests. Don't ask me why, but apparently I enjoyed them. Eventually I discovered the competitive setups and loved the mindgames behind it. I made some videos, parodying EpicMafia. Then while looking for suggestions for new EpicMafia roles I found the role flash at this site made by that one guy. That lead me to the forums. I wanted to sign up, but I was too intimidated at first; the players here can play ridiculous mindgames. Eventually I then joined and /in'd and played a few games here. I've played a few times at parties, but it's not as fun when people don't care. Also, the kids at the summer camp I work at play this game.

Would you like me to link you to my finished previous games? I've got two. I can link you to my current ones too if you'd like.

I'm working on some notes that I'm writing while rereading. I'm focusing on D3 mainly but I will be ISOing a few people of interest.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

VitaminR has been prodded. Searching for a replacement for Cogito Ergo Sum...
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

you should probably read the whole game rather than just D3. That'd be cool

I have a radical idea to present once I get back from Vla but it involves my febchurch and vitamin reads switching places :/

~Screwtape
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:you should probably read the whole game rather than just D3. That'd be cool

It's quite the feat to do, that's all.

Don't have much to do tomorrow I suppose I could devote part of the day to doing so.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by Rory the Roman »

For reference:
Fenchurch wrote:If there were scum on the wagon then I'd guess it's Zito, zMuff, or both. I couldn't say strongly. Rory's point about Zito's voteparking does sense. But I think zMuff's play has been scummy too. And I don't really like how a lot of people said they would lynch him yesterday, and then failed to follow through.

zMuff, what is your own answer to your question?
zMuffinMan wrote:Question to anyone who wants to give an answer to this, and the answer will probably vary based on who you suspect, but: Why do you think Amrun's wagon stalled at L-2 for ages on D1?

Twistedspoon wrote:Ok, Pz is still obvscum and rory's vote looks incredibly like a bus to me. PZ can go first though. There's no way that the Amrun wagon was 100% town

BB is stalking my games it would appear. I grew quite fond of copper, so Bb, you have big shoes to fill. What is your previous mafia experience btw?

My V/LA is causing poor play in many of my games, but i'm determined to see this Pz lynch through

Finally, I don't want this to look like blackmailing your vote at all Fenchurch,
but you will look suspect should Pz flip scum with your lukewarm read on him
and hoopla's dying words being suspicion on you

If you people ever get out of your mind that I'm certain scum, posts like the above would become perfect. The bolded captures in essence what happens in the above post where Fenchurch is avoiding the wagon.

Although I really really dislike Muff in this game, posts like the above by fenchurch, and his placement in yesterday's group make that I can't see him as scum.

Equinox wrote:
VitaminR has been prodded. Searching for a replacement for Cogito Ergo Sum...

You have him as V/LA in the above VC. Lets keep CES, please :)
"I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting."
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 am

Post by VitaminR »

Yes, keep CES! I'm still here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

prod dodging.

will probably be voting zito after some sleep and a big, big catchup post that I've been avoiding putting time into.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

BBmolla wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:you should probably read the whole game rather than just D3. That'd be cool

It's quite the feat to do, that's all.

Don't have much to do tomorrow I suppose I could devote part of the day to doing so.

That'd be smashing

having replaced into a game previously of 42 pages in length, I can share your pain, but You'll always be behind until you read it all

~Screwtape
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:35 am

Post by malpascp »

Twisted, I hope you aren't thinking about holding that "bomb" for two more weeks...

This game is needing RCP.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:having replaced into a game previously of 42 pages in length, I can share your pain, but You'll always be behind until you read it all

It's true.

Getting started now, wish me luck. I will post my notes and any quick thoughts when done.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Fenchurch wrote:I still think VitR is scum. He declared a town-read on Amrun fairly early Day 1 (#264, #369) and probably found it hard to turn around on that when she became the leading wagon at the end of Day 1, especially since he was a suspect himself earlier in the Day, and would have probably come under more scrutiny for a switch.

I read Amrun as town. That's it. I said that several times Day 1 and tried to get a counterwagon going by voting Copper and then PZ, but nothing came of it (though the PZ wagon came close). And I was right, like I'm right about you being scum.

zMuffinMan wrote:@Vitamin,
So. Let's just say I believe you're town but we're not lynching Copper today. What now?

Fenchurch is my scum #2, so would be up for lynching her as well. Her reasons for thinking I'm scum are flimsy and constantly changing. She seems like a player who is hard to read as scum, because she's consistent and reasonable, but I don't think her attack on me is sincere. I don't buy that she wouldn't have doubts, considering my somewhat erratic and heavily gut-based play today. She's just been dispassionately and quite reasonably saying that she thinks I'm scum. Doesn't ring true to me.

But, realistically, what's going to happen is either I vote PZ, because he's my number three suspect and makes sense in a lot of scum-pairings and I don't want to get mislynched, or I'm going to get lynched myself while shouting that Fenchurch and Copper are scum and that you guys should revisit my reads after I die.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Just an update, I'm halfway through, at #500. I need to stop for the night, or at least for now.

I'll keep my vote on Rory for now, I don't see much of a point of unvoting it. I may, and probably will, change it after finishing the reading.

I'm aware the deadline is near, and I promise I will finish it before the deadline so we have ample time to discuss my thoughts.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

malpascp wrote:Twisted, I hope you aren't thinking about holding that "bomb" for two more weeks...

This game is needing RCP.

you mean 1 week :p

basically I think Vitamin is townier than Fenchurch. That's all. If hoopla found fenchurch suspicion, then I sure can

Furthermore Fenchurch disagrees with me on nearly evey read of mine. From PZ to muffin and malpa.

Wheteher you agree with the PZ case or not he's still the bestb lynch for the info his flip would provide on players like rory and fenchurch (who I think are his buddies right now, but I#m far more sure of PZ scum than the other 2)

~Screwtape
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Equinox »

Not going to bother with the force-replace rule when I can't find a replacement as it is.

Fenchurch and Papa Zito have been prodded.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Fenchurch »

VitaminR wrote:Fenchurch is my scum #2, so would be up for lynching her as well. Her reasons for thinking I'm scum are flimsy and constantly changing. She seems like a player who is hard to read as scum, because she's consistent and reasonable, but I don't think her attack on me is sincere. I don't buy that she wouldn't have doubts, considering my somewhat erratic and heavily gut-based play today. She's just been dispassionately and quite reasonably saying that she thinks I'm scum. Doesn't ring true to me.

a) What? You say I'm "flimsy and constantly changing", yet also "consistent and reasonable". As far as I know, I haven't been flimsy or changing in my reasoning against you at all.
b) It's not based so much on your play today. As I said, I think that it can be easiest for scum to "fake it" when they're under attack. On Day 1, you suggested yourself that it is useful to see how suspects act when not under pressure.
c) Of course I have doubts, I never feel certain who is scum until they get lynched. But I still feel more sure on you, for the reasons that I've given. However, it seems that no one agrees with me on that.

Twistedspoon wrote:basically I think Vitamin is townier than Fenchurch. That's all. If hoopla found fenchurch suspicion, then I sure can

I think you could be wrong about Vit. And agh, Hoopla never even said why she was suspicious of me; and she's mislynched me before.

But I'm not opposed to the Zito wagon, I don't think he's a bad lynch. Some of the points seemed unsound to me, and I wanted to hear people explain them fully. But ultimately I agree about the voteparking and his frequent lurking, and I think there is a good chance he is scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Papa Zito
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Fenchurch wrote:
VitaminR wrote:Fenchurch is my scum #2, so would be up for lynching her as well. Her reasons for thinking I'm scum are flimsy and constantly changing. She seems like a player who is hard to read as scum, because she's consistent and reasonable, but I don't think her attack on me is sincere. I don't buy that she wouldn't have doubts, considering my somewhat erratic and heavily gut-based play today. She's just been dispassionately and quite reasonably saying that she thinks I'm scum. Doesn't ring true to me.

a) What? You say I'm "flimsy and constantly changing", yet also "consistent and reasonable". As far as I know, I haven't been flimsy or changing in my reasoning against you at all.
b) It's not based so much on your play today. As I said, I think that it can be easiest for scum to "fake it" when they're under attack. On Day 1, you suggested yourself that it is useful to see how suspects act when not under pressure.
c) Of course I have doubts, I never feel certain who is scum until they get lynched. But I still feel more sure on you, for the reasons that I've given. However, it seems that no one agrees with me on that.

Twistedspoon wrote:basically I think Vitamin is townier than Fenchurch. That's all. If hoopla found fenchurch suspicion, then I sure can

I think you could be wrong about Vit. And agh, Hoopla never even said why she was suspicious of me; and she's mislynched me before.

Overdefensive.

(YES. I've wanted to say that at a moment it applied for a long time! Succes!)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Alright. Just finished a readthrough. Here's my notes if you wanna read them, I stopped halfway through just cause it came to a point where I'd have to address a point I missed in order to make another point. Also, no notes sped up the reading.

Spoiler: Notes
Alright, reread from the beginning starts now. I will be ignoring Amrun and Hoopla as much as possible as they are confirmed town.

#4/5 - Probably the only game where I've seen a disagreement off the bat.
#13 - Zito - Zito has got a point, but I really hope it wasn't just this logic that lead to Amrun's lynch.
#20 - Rory - A big analytical post that leads to... nothing. This looks like filler to me, I feel like the message could have been said in fewer words.
#36 - Rory - "...who fakes his cases by hiding it in complicated words." Anyone else seeing the irony?
#43 - Nobody Special - This post is kind of gross. Regardless of Amrun's alignment, this post could have screwed him over if he survived either way.
#44 - Hoopla(But more about Zito) - I think it started as a joke, but I think after Am-Run reacted, Zito figured he'd used it as a reaction testing mechanism. Little iffy imo.
#45 - Nobody Special - I don't understand this fellow's accusations.
#49 - Nobody Special - Not to tunnel him or anything, but his philosophy at this point seems to be "Everyone is scum but me."
#62 - Nobody Special - Really waiting for this guy to stop being scummy.
#69 - Rory - I don't understand what he's trying to get across. He makes a post about why PZ seems scummy and then pulls off after he's called out on it and says he thinks PZ is town. What.
#76 - Nobody Special - ...
#99 - Fenchurch - Agree with Muffin, I've got no notes on Fenchurch. She's managed to stay off the radar, which is really scummy.
#103 - Fenchurch - Makes a bogus case on Amrun based off of stuff during RVS. Come on now. Also, "I don't see what people are finding scummy in NS," is just lol.
#106 - Amrun(Regarding Muffin) - I agree with this, I was just thinking it myself.
#117 - Muffin - This is definitely the wierdest I've seen Muffin play. I don't think I've ever seen him refuse to explain his points...
#150s ish - Vitamin wagon forms for no apparent reason except Vitamin lurking.
#166 - Vitamin - Really like this post. Probably best response I've seen to a wagon forming on someone.
#205 - Amrun on Muffin - "There is something off about zmuffin's play in this game. I can't put my finger on it - but I will, eventually." Agreed.
#206 - Fenchurch - I hate how it's 200 posts in and Fen is using posts from RVS as evidence.
#227 - Zito - Zito has been very quiet, and I'm glad someone noticed.
#279 - Muffin - Getting a tunnel vision feeling off of Muffin.
#281 - Muffin - And his response to getting called out on it. Oh Muffin...
#304 onwards - CES - A wierd entrance, nothing screams scum but keeping my eye on him. Also people seem to be insisting he's like a crazy prophet where he has logic but says it in a wierd way.
Just noticed I'm on 432 and forgot to take notes. Sorry, been really into the game, and taking notes doubles the time of reading it. I am reading it all though.
At #500. Stopping for the night.

Anyhow, reads from towniest to scummiest.

-Town
Twistedspoon(Getting very town on him.)
CES(Never played with anyone, trusting the whole meta arguement about him.)
malpa(The defense for him has been "Too scummy to be scummy" but I'm still pretty null on him.)
zMuffinMan(Wierd behavior, I want some sources where he acts in this way. In general, his intentions seem town albeit aggressive.)
Fen(Null, really need to look into him/her in an ISO.)
Rory(Null, really need to look into him/her in an ISO.)
VitaminR(Had null-town until today. Once again need to look into him/her in ISO.)
Zito(Leaning scum.)
-Scum

I will be ISOing everyone in my next post. However I wanted to say the below.

I think Zito is definitely the lynch for today. He's the telltale lurking scum and has been tunneling malp for no apparent reason. His logic in general doesn't make any sense. I have intent to hammer. Should I just do so or should we let him have some last words?

Also, I love how he addressed it when he was called out on lurking.
Papa Zito wrote:
Rory the Roman wrote:Lets do this:
vote Zito
. hardcore tunneling + lurking is fun, and scum.

I'm
lurking? Lol?

Also, I'm getting null on Muffin could someone provide some town games where he behaves in this same manner? I've had a few games with him and I've never seen him behave this way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EBWOP: CES: Never played with him before is what I meant.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 am

Post by malpascp »

I'm waiting for PZ to answer. If I see him active lurking again I will put him on the top of my scum-list.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

BBmolla wrote:Alright. Just finished a readthrough. Here's my notes if you wanna read them, I stopped halfway through just cause it came to a point where I'd have to address a point I missed in order to make another point. Also, no notes sped up the reading.

<snip>

This post. This damn post.

"I've read the whole thread, but I don't really have any actual reads or opinions on anyone. Everyone is null. Hurr, look at me, I'm trying though. Look, I'm oh so town. Oh, Zito is the biggest wagon, so if I call him slight scum, that'll keep me being town."

No. You're scum. I don't care if my hydra partner disagrees, but this is such a scummy post. You might as well have not posted it, it's an attempt to look busy but not actually providing anything of any substance. Like a scumbag. I won't change the vote without talking to mykonian, but basically I want you strung up as much as if not more than Zito.
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Also, if we are your third biggest scum read, why are you voting us over the only person you've said is slightly scum, or over the next person?
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

That said, mal has closely followed up with a "Oh, I think he's scum, but I'm hedging my bets for now" on Zito.

Mykonian has mal as town, I think. I disagree.

Return to “Completed Open Games”