New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Wraith »

I cannot confirm or deny contents of alleged mod communications.

However, in a normal game such as this, if anyone was, theoretically, roleblocked by a possible roleblocker, they would be informed.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Palisade, let me know when "shortly" is here. I'll wait.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Taro
Taro
Townie
Taro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Taro »

... You JUST figured out there`s such a thing as a godfather NS?
Did you do something to the princess?
I bet it's sexual harrassment, Adell's going to jail!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Nobody Special »

... You JUST figured out that I suck at this?
....what?

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

NS probably faked his investigation on me to try and appease the blood god but IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK.

I voted PeregrineV because I felt like voting PeregrineV. I just wanted yesterday to end. That is all.

I think we should finish a massclaim JUST IN CASE anyone else wants to throw their hat in for a PR claim
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also the whole LOL WOOPS MY INVESTIGATIONS ARE PROBABLY NULL AND VOID DUE TO A GODAFATHER is fuckin hilarious at this point
green shirt thursdays
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:39 am

Post by VinegarEater »

Reckoner -
The godfather nonsense reminds me a lot of the "unless I'm insane" nonsense earlier.

I wouldn't mind a massclaim, seeing that part of my case on Palisade could be greatly helped or harmed by a certain set of power roles.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

We don't have enough claimed power roles for your liking?
....what?

VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:56 am

Post by VinegarEater »

I never said I expected an accurate mass-claim.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

Post by bvoigt »

Town

FourseenCircumstance- PBug was likely town to me. This post in particular contained some good scumhunting.
DrippingGoofball- I don't see Mist's replacing out in a fit, or DGB's mason fakeclaim with SleepyKrew, coming from scum.
VinegarEater- PGO claim.
bvoigt- Yep.
Palisade- Actually, I think they're likely an investigation-immune SK, but I'm content to leave them alive for now.
Nobody Special- I still don't see the scum motivation for claiming cop and a guilty report on a buddy.
xRECKONERx- Cop report.
chkballin- The reaction to Fourseen's "hammer" seemed genuine.
Celebloki- Cop report.

Who's Left

PeregrineV
Taro
Parabollocks

VOTE: PeregrineV
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by chkballin »

I have no idea what is going on with NS, but I was already not believing the cop claim...but time will tell on this matter
Reck's cocky attitude, suggests he's never been afraid of investigation and that rubs me the wrong way- then again Thor's attitude was cocky as well I think it might just be a personality thing on these boards.
Taro seemed to be buddying with me earlier on in the game, besides that I haven't seen much that is scummy
VingerEater seems like an acceptable lynch because a PGO claim is perfect for scum, it's almost as bad as fake claiming miller IMO. It keeps people too scared to use their night actions to determine your alignment. The only way to get around this is with a lynch- so I'd be for it.
PeregrineV is still the scummiest of the bunch, however in light of Thor's death/flip, I agree that it is unlikely for all of these PRs to coexist which turns suspicion towards Palisade.

@bvoigt- If you think Palisade is a SK, why are you content with them being alive?

We'll wait for Palisade's case against VinegarEater before we vote, but all in all Vinegar, PV, or Palisade seem like the best choices to focus on for lynch.

~
BALLIN
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by bvoigt »

chkballin wrote:VingerEater seems like an acceptable lynch because a PGO claim is perfect for scum, it's almost as bad as fake claiming miller IMO. It keeps people too scared to use their night actions to determine your alignment. The only way to get around this is with a lynch- so I'd be for it.

Yeah, but jily didn't claim until Day 2. What if someone had targeted her overnight?

chkballin wrote:@bvoigt- If you think Palisade is a SK, why are you content with them being alive?

Well, he's either a vig or pretending to be one. Either way, I'd rather have that extra kill with a chance of hitting scum.
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by VinegarEater »

Ballin -

Reck's cocky attitude, suggests he's never been afraid of investigation and that rubs me the wrong way

Wait a sec, it's scummy not to be afraid of being investigated? What, is being confirmed innocent some big scary threat to town-aligned players?

VingerEater seems like an acceptable lynch because a PGO claim is perfect for scum, it's almost as bad as fake claiming miller IMO. It keeps people too scared to use their night actions to determine your alignment. The only way to get around this is with a lynch- so I'd be for it.

That might be acceptable if I wasn't one of the most pro-town players in the game right now. Do you have a case other than "well, there's no way to be sure..."?

What makes PeregrineV seem scummy to you? If you think NS is lying, then why isn't he a suspect?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by glowball »

VinegarEater wrote:Ballin -

Reck's cocky attitude, suggests he's never been afraid of investigation and that rubs me the wrong way

Wait a sec, it's scummy not to be afraid of being investigated? What, is being confirmed innocent some big scary threat to town-aligned players?

Reck's attitude has just been overly confident the whole game. It's not a threat for him to be confirmed town, but to then turn around and vote NS is weird to me- not to mention scum are over confident as well especially when they know something we don't. Like I said, it is hard for me to read Reck but those are my observations take them as you will.

That might be acceptable if I wasn't one of the most pro-town players in the game right now. Do you have a case other than "well, there's no way to be sure..."?

What makes PeregrineV seem scummy to you? If you think NS is lying, then why isn't he a suspect?[/quote]
Okay your "pro-town" behavior is subject to interpretation and you replaced a player that wasn't so "pro-town" so I still have to take that into account. No, I don't have a case against you hence the reason why my vote isn't on you or anyone else, the only reason I'd prefer for you to be lynched is because it is easy to fly under the radar with a claim like that. Also, I think Palisade already promised us a case on you- and I'd rather see that first before giving them more info. PV seems scummy because of their overall game play and the motivations seemingly behind it, we were working on a case when he came with a case against us- and we decided to hold off and reassess our read of him- thinking we were wrong and didn't just want to OMGUS so we gave PV a chance and it's not looking any better. Still PV isn't as much of a threat as people fake claiming with confirmed status until the end. Although, I think I it is very possible that NS is lying- losing a cop is always risky and I never said he wasn't a suspect. I said time will tell on the NS matter and I am very confident that it will- I won't go into that any further.

~
BALLIN
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by chkballin »

Sorry about that...here it is again for ISO
VinegarEater wrote:Ballin -

Reck's attitude has just been overly confident the whole game. It's not a threat for him to be confirmed town, but to then turn around and vote NS is weird to me- not to mention scum are over confident as well especially when they know something we don't. Like I said, it is hard for me to read Reck but those are my observations take them as you will.

What makes PeregrineV seem scummy to you? If you think NS is lying, then why isn't he a suspect?[/quote]
Okay your "pro-town" behavior is subject to interpretation and you replaced a player that wasn't so "pro-town" so I still have to take that into account. No, I don't have a case against you hence the reason why my vote isn't on you or anyone else, the only reason I'd prefer for you to be lynched is because it is easy to fly under the radar with a claim like that. Also, I think Palisade already promised us a case on you- and I'd rather see that first before giving them more info. PV seems scummy because of their overall game play and the motivations seemingly behind it, we were working on a case when he came with a case against us- and we decided to hold off and reassess our read of him- thinking we were wrong and didn't just want to OMGUS so we gave PV a chance and it's not looking any better. Still PV isn't as much of a threat as people fake claiming with confirmed status until the end. Although, I think I it is very possible that NS is lying- losing a cop is always risky and I never said he wasn't a suspect. I said time will tell on the NS matter and I am very confident that it will- I won't go into that any further.

~
BALLIN
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by VinegarEater »

I've never played with Reck before, so I can't excuse this, but on this site it's common town meta to be pigheaded and insistent the way Reck tends to.

Is there some reason you feel safer lynching Palisade (claimed vig) than NS (claimed cop)?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Okay, nevermind. Nobody wants to help me with NS, so maybe we can all fucking rally around a SK lynch

Unvote; Vote: Pallisade
green shirt thursdays
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by chkballin »

VinegarEater wrote:

I've never played with Reck before, so I can't excuse this, but on this site it's common town meta to be pigheaded and insistent the way Reck tends to.

Is there some reason you feel safer lynching Palisade (claimed vig) than NS (claimed cop)?

We just had a vig flip, be it a 2-shot vig but a vig none the less. There is something off in the amount of PR claims and more specifically what exactly everyone is claiming. I think it is far more likely that Palisade is the fake claim than that NS is the fake claim, but both are in similar positions. We already had a cop die, and then NS claims cop. Now we have a 2-shot vig dead and Palisade already claimed vig.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

We have 3 scum flips and a boatload of vote counts and interactions. We should be more logical than just voting whoever :glares at Reck:

"Palisade" has been cleared by NS.

@NS- how are you results returned?
1. Guilty/not guilty
2.Scum/town
3.Guilty/Innocent
4. Some other word usage

Also, please list your targets by day.

@Palisade- your promised case, and please list your targets by day.
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 am

Post by VinegarEater »

Peregrine -
Why do you think we should believe NS?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Here we go, PV. Let's look at the possibilities:

#1) NS is actually a cop.
This means he actually got an innocent result on Pallisade. However, Pallisade is either town or a Serial Killer. Investigation-immune SKs in a game this size are completely normal and common to see because SKs
always
have some kind of immunity/boost to their abilities. If NS is actually cop, that makes two cops, which means a SK with investigation immunity is not only probable, but likely.

#2) NS isn't actually a cop.
This means he bullshitted a result on Pallisade, which may or may not matter. If NS isn't actually a cop, he's scum bullshitting for the WIFOM anyway, and it means jack shit about anyone's alignment.

There's no scenario where Palisade is scum, since he's claimed extra kills. And I can't really see a scenario where
town
has two cops, two vigs, and a roleblocker + backup roleblocker. Palisade is pretty much confirmed SK at this point, so let's stop dicking around and off him.
green shirt thursdays
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

My results come to me as either Guilty or Innocent.
....what?

Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Celebloki »

Prod Dodge, I will be doing some analysis and making a post soon.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

xRECKONERx wrote:Here we go, PV. Let's look at the possibilities:

#1) NS is actually a cop.
This means he actually got an innocent result on Pallisade. However, Pallisade is either town or a Serial Killer. Investigation-immune SKs in a game this size are completely normal and common to see because SKs
always
have some kind of immunity/boost to their abilities. If NS is actually cop, that makes two cops, which means a SK with investigation immunity is not only probable, but likely.

#2) NS isn't actually a cop.
This means he bullshitted a result on Pallisade, which may or may not matter. If NS isn't actually a cop, he's scum bullshitting for the WIFOM anyway, and it means jack shit about anyone's alignment.

There's no scenario where Palisade is scum, since he's claimed extra kills. And I can't really see a scenario where
town
has two cops, two vigs, and a roleblocker + backup roleblocker. Palisade is pretty much confirmed SK at this point, so let's stop dicking around and off him.

Actually, I can go with this. If the town vig is going to be RBed the rest of the game, and can confirm our cop (maybe), and may also be a SK, then myabe it's for the best.

Unvote.
Vote: Palisade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VinegarEater wrote:Peregrine -
Why do you think we should believe NS?

Well, he did catch SleepyKrew.

And I think he came in with
Celeboki-town
Palisade-town
Reck-town

So, if he's lying, did he just sacrifice Sleepy and been given town reads on town, or is there scum in there? Also, he knows he has to be lynched before lylo, and I think scum wouldn't set themselves up for an autolynch like that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”