Newbie 1126-Perfect Scum Victory

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Thomith »

Ythan wrote:Him flipping either way won't confirm anyone as anything.

Ythan wrote:I think a tom/tom team is a possibility.
what in 13 posts changed your tune about this? explain every point that changed your view in detaile.

elsa wrote: using such weak arguments

Your arguements on me are weaker. "If I said (insert someting COMPLETELY irrelevant here) thomith would say it is scummy" this looks like scum trying to find a defense, and my previous point still stands.

hahon wrote:if not thomas, then thomith. as of right now those are the only 2 i truly see as scum

Why? You have stated no reasons why you think i am scummy, please say why you think this.

fatlikepig wrote:This makes it seem like he's overemphasising the fact that he's town
Town know they are town, thomas stating that he is confirmed town to himself in that post does not make him scummy.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Ythan »

Considering that neither of those two quotes contradicts the other
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 am

Post by F-team tsunamic »

Ythan wrote:I'm advocating for your lynch now.

vote Thomas

Again with these snap one line vote posts. This is your third such post in this game alone. (Myself, Auck and now Thomas). What compels you to vote thomas?
Please understand, I'm mostly behind this vote. I think thomas is about to be lynched and shown to be a false PR. I would just like a bit of an experienced hand to show us new to the game the finer points of your experienced judgment and rational behind your votes.

Thomas wrote:
Thomith wrote:scummy post. Town hardly ever say "if by some disaster i get lynched" they try to defend themselves, scum say their lynch is a disaster to try to look like town, worried about their lynch.
This is a valid point. You are scum.

please explain?
"Goodnight Wesley, good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." -The Dread Pirate Roberts
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Thomith »

Ythan wrote:Considering that neither of those two quotes contradicts the other

you say that a thomas flip would do nothing but then say i am scum with him. thus affectively you are saying if he flips scum i am scum too. Thats how i read this anyway.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Ythan »

F-team, I have posted reasons for voting Thomas. You're being completely dense if you can't remember any context past that one single post.

Thomith, I didn't say it would do nothing. I said it would not confirm anyone as town or scum. Those are two completely different concepts you're conflating.
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 am

Way to evade yet again.
"Goodnight Wesley, good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." -The Dread Pirate Roberts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Ythan »

I've said plenty about Thomas. You picked the post where I voted for him and ignored all the rest. That's completely daft. I think you're being intentionally dense, and if not, well
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:30 am

I would like to know your thought process. I am trying to learn how others come to their decisions as far as this game are concerned. YOU ARE THE IC. Please give me some detailed game information.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Ythan »

Considering that you were not asking, but were accusing me of making votes with no explanation, uh no bite me. Because I have made plenty of explanation and you're really stretching in an attempt to cast some bad light on me despite incredibly obvious context if you take a moment to read my posts.
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 pm

F-Team Tsunamic wrote:
Again with these snap one line vote posts. This is your third such post in this game alone. (Myself, Auck and now Thomas).

What compels you to vote thomas?

No my humble IC, these are two completely different statements. The first bold section is a reference to the way in which you have cast your vote so far in this game. The second is a direct question which is then explained by the following sentence or two. I want your reasoning and the thoughts that led to your vote. Thank you for your help. I appreciate your information.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

I don't care though. Any one player in a game can pretend that something isn't completely obvious and out in the open and nag about it incessantly.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by hiphop »

hiphop wrote:

Not much changes

Votecount 2.5

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Elsa von Spielburg(2): Thomas, Thomith
Thomas(2): Ythan, Elsa von Spielburg

Not Voting(3): hahonryuu, fatlikepig, F-team tsunamic

Notes:

Deadline is August 10.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hahonryuu
hahonryuu
Goon
hahonryuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by hahonryuu »

@ thomith

well lets go back to the "beginning" of my suspicions of you...this isnt the first time ive brought up i believed you to be scum. i was just more involved with LDR and thomas or tsunamic. why you are only questioning it NOW seems rather odd when you've never questioned me claiming i thought you to be on the scummy side before. Especially going so far as to say that i showed no reasons? For example in post 416 i said you were one of my prime targets for the day. 520 i said it again. why do you only ask "why" now? you seemed to not question any reasoning's i had for you before. asking me what my reasons are are one thing, but to say i havent given any reasons at all?

then again i often show little confidence in my lists so i guess i can possibly understand you letting it go since <too lazy to check to confirm atm> i likely followed the finger pointing with reasons why you might NOT be. or perhaps its because you didnt feel threatened because it seemed far more likely that f-team then thomas then LDR then auckmid would get lynched than yourself. but whatever, on with my reasons...

1) the seeds of my suspicions were planted at ISO 28/29 with that terribly weak reasoning for believing thomas was innocent. the reasoning was weak and i dont believe someone in the dark about peoples roles, which every town is <save for certain special roles>, would be so confident in someones innocence with that. i mean you are basing it off of the fact that you've seen bad scum be a certain way...thing is people are different. not everyone is going to play the same role the same way, whether they are good or bad at it. to make it worse, ANYONE, scum or town, could not pay attention to their posts <which was your reasoning>. its called being disorganized/flaky, not a scum tell. not in my book anyway. i emana contradiction is one thing but your reasoning seems different that a simple contradiction.

however a mafia would know whether he was innocent or not thus he could take any reasoning he wants, say "lol he's town i believe him", and when he's lynched <which was, and even still IS likely> and his role is revealed to be a town role you can say "see, i knew he was town. you guys should have listened to me". and thus you gain pseudo town points for not jumping on the wagon of a town lynch

also remember that smart scum play town. no amount of being helpful or posting good info is truly enough to say person X isn't town. it doesn't make them NOT town, but it doesn't make them town...it makes them smart. everyone's goal should be to seem town. town needs to seem town so they aren't targeted and we don't have a mislynch. scum needs to act town so that no one targets them so that they can win. and its when they slip up that gives town the chance to pounce. you can believe someone is town or have a gut feeling...but acting town is not proof of town. its proof of a good player. but of course there is the opposite side of the coin as well...some "scum" may simply be a townie playing poorly. especially common in a newbie game i imagine. look at LDR. i was about as confident in her being scum as you can get on day 1...turns out she was just playing poorly. but a slip up is a slip up. if dont call people out on them then we will never hit a mafia. if someone slips up we have to at LEAST put pressure on them. if not then lynch them. letting them go not only is a good way to let scum get away but if people play badly and dont get punished for it, they wont learn and grow as players.

2) ISO 37 shows more bad reasoning for defending thomas who, while may not be fore sure scum, has sure done some scummy things. and don't deny it...the dude was nearly killed yesterday and is seemingly back on death row. you may not think he's scum per se, but you cant deny he's done some shady things. after all practically everyone has him on their list as pretty high and at most only 2 of those people are mafia <assuming thomas is innocent by some chance>. you say mafia wouldn't want a fake PR? why not? it clearly saved his life yesterday. not only that but this particular claim is easy to fake as others have stated. if he was going to die anyway...why NOT claim PR? worst case scenario is people dont buy it and they are killed anyway. best case scenario is that it buys you some time and produces a possible mislynch. there's others posts as well with you defending thomas for what seem like fairly meh reasons. so i'll mention they exist an go on to other points that dont involve poor defenses of players. speaking of which though, as i stated with LDR, never actually directly protect a player. say why argument X against them is bad as that can lead to finding scum. but directly defending a players is super iffy since, lets be honest, nobody on day 1 but mafia knows for a fact that person X is innocent or guilty. attacking an argument potentially shows that the person making it is using shaky reasoning to get a town lynched. defending the player him/herself either sets up the scenario i stated above <the "i cant be scum, i didnt advocate the lynch of that townie" argument> or promotes you being scum team. later on you did state that you were less sure of his innocents...but what has been done/said cannot be undone/unsaid.

3)ISO 64. While i don't deny elsa has been a bit shady and a couple things you've called her out on seem valid enough, this one just seems bad to me. there really is no "what scum would say in situation X" book like you and a lot of other players in various games think. there are things you should and shouldnt do, but there is no "a scum would say that". not really anyway. did it kind of sound like she was trying a bit hard there? yeah, a bit. but you have to remember that most of the time when a player dies, it IS a disaster...well for them and their side anyway, not for the opposing side.

Honestly i thought there was a bit more than that. seems as though either reading things out of context lessened the amount of things i saw as scummy or I was relying more on my gut than i thought.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Thomith »

"hahon"
why do you only ask "why" now?[/quote] first time i believed you would post evidence later but then you asked again with no evidence, so i asked why you find me suspicious.

Number 1) notice how i suspected him later because i thought i let him slide to easily. my number 28 was terribad logic and tbh i don't know why i used it.
second point of 1) [quote="hahon]his role is revealed to be a town role you can say [/quote] i don't play like that, i try to find if the wagon was scum motivated and see who those scum (if any) are.

hahon wrote:letting them go
ye, i have a bad habit of thinking some things are newbtells instead of scumtells. This is something i know i need to improve about my play, which i am trying to do by rethinking my read on thomas.

Number 2)
hahon wrote:you cant deny he's done some shady things.
no i can't deny he has done some shady things but he doesn't use fail logic to make others look scummy, imo he tries to use posts by others to the best of his ability, even if sometimes he looks shady, thats why i'm unsure if he is scummy or not.

hahon wrote: it IS a disaster
town hardly ever say their lynch is a disaster (only ever saw it once) they try to defend themselves to not get lynched. in the post elsa said her lynch is a disaster and didn't defend herself.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Thomith »

Thomith wrote:
"hahon"
why do you only ask "why" now?
first time i believed you would post evidence later but then you asked again with no evidence, so i asked why you find me suspicious.

Number 1) notice how i suspected him later because i thought i let him slide to easily. my number 28 was terribad logic and tbh i don't know why i used it.
second point of 1)
hahon wrote:his role is revealed to be a town role you can say
i don't play like that, i try to find if the wagon was scum motivated and see who those scum (if any) are.

hahon wrote:letting them go
ye, i have a bad habit of thinking some things are newbtells instead of scumtells. This is something i know i need to improve about my play, which i am trying to do by rethinking my read on thomas.

Number 2)
hahon wrote:you cant deny he's done some shady things.
no i can't deny he has done some shady things but he doesn't use fail logic to make others look scummy, imo he tries to use posts by others to the best of his ability, even if sometimes he looks shady, thats why i'm unsure if he is scummy or not.

hahon wrote: it IS a disaster
town hardly ever say their lynch is a disaster (only ever saw it once) they try to defend themselves to not get lynched. in the post elsa said her lynch is a disaster and didn't defend herself.[/quote]

EBWOP to fix quote tags.

fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

fatlikepig wrote:
Explain how any part of that says "Elsa is a terribad lynch today".

Still waiting for a response please Thomith.
Sproink!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Thomith »

fatlikepig wrote:
fatlikepig wrote:
Explain how any part of that says "Elsa is a terribad lynch today".

Still waiting for a response please Thomith.

sorry missed this.
you didn't say it but you are acting like it. It seems like you are buddying up to elsa by agreeing with what seems most of that post making me look scummy. usually buddying up to someone makes you not want them lynched, thus making me come to this conclusion.

fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

I do think you are somewhat scummy; I made that quite clear a while before this post.

I thought your read was inaccurate and misleading, that's why I posted a response to it. Your post was implying that Elsa posted about her lynching being a disaster because she felt some sort of pressure, but you and Thomas were the only people who I felt were close to voting for Elsa, which is why I stated that I didn't feel your argument held up that well. As for the example, I admit that it might have been a bit of an overstatement, but I felt like it was a nice illustration of how you were overreacting to one little sentence which to me doesn't mean all that much.

Note that I also FoS Elsa in the same post that I FoS you, and how I restate the fact that I have suspicions on her. Hardly a sign of buddying, in my opinion.
Sproink!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by Thomith »

ok i misunderstood the post, but, although i might have been over reacting my points still have basis and are fairly solid, so even if i was over reacting a bit elsa is no less scummy.

Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Thomas »

Ythan wrote:If he flips town we'll continue playing the game. Him flipping either way won't confirm anyone as anything.
It would confirm that you and Elsa Von Spielburg are scum.

Elsa von Spielburg wrote:Because you can go the whole game appearing active while being completely inconsequential. Scum can go, "I jailed _____", have the night action go through anyways, and move on with their lives. Unfortunately, Thomith's lynch is looking less likely, but there seems to be a common denominator in many people's suspicions: you.
Okay it makes sense that I could fake a claim for the whole game but I have had only
one
night so far to use my action and if I chose randomly who I should use my action on for night 1 then I have a 29% chance of hitting scum and a 14% chance of hitting the scum carrying out the kill. So if you are town then I recommend that you give me another chance to block the scum and that would be a whole lot easier if Elsa Von Spielburg is lynched because all I would need to do is put Ythan in jail (my new suspicious person.) But you Elsa Von Spielburg, you are coming to conclusions fast it's like "OMG THOMAS DIDNT HIT SCUM SO HIS CLAIM IS FAKE!!!1", actually it's more like you're scum. Also why did you go against your Thomith lynch attempt all of a sudden? Nobody had posted between your previous posts to say they weren't suspicious of him or anything so it looks like you are following your scumbuddy.

fatlikepig wrote:Not to mention that faking a gaolkeeper claim is far easier, since a scum NK at night offers some sort of confirmation to the town. While it's definitely not 100%, it's far more effective than "[random townie] IS INNOCENT GUISE, I MUST BE COP" or something along those lines.
Again, give me one more damn night to block the scum kill. If you still think I'm making up crap tomorrow then lynch me tomorrow.
I might die tonight though. But if we lynch scum today and I put Ythan in jail and die then I have also just proved Ythan innocent. So come to your conclusions tomorrow, not today.

F-team tsunamic wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Thomith wrote:scummy post. Town hardly ever say "if by some disaster i get lynched" they try to defend themselves, scum say their lynch is a disaster to try to look like town, worried about their lynch.
This is a valid point. You are scum.

please explain?
I think it explains itself. Elsa Von Spielburg was worried about her lynch because she said it would be a disaster and she's not even close to getting lynched. That's scum defense. If you want me to explain why I also said "You are scum" then you should wait a few more real life days because I really don't know how I can convince everybody else that I've found scum so I need to think about how I can explain this, it won't be easy but I'm not going to give up either because I know I have found scum. But you have me and Thomith blocking your view of Elsa von Spielburg. I can eliminate myself for obvious reasons and from my view I can see Thomith is town because yesterday he could have hammered me and then just said the next day "OH CRAP WE LYNCHED A PR AND HE LOOKED SO SUSPICIOUS" but instead he made a risky move and said I'm town after looking at how I responded to some question. Knowing I'm town proves to me that he's probably town but unfortunately from everyone else's view it looks like an attempt for scum to save their partner at L-1. So this is how I can see that Elsa Von Spielburg and most likely Ythan are the scum.

Also Ythan and
Elsa Von Spielburg

If you were suspicious of Thomith for his actions yesterday then why did you not post about that yesterday? It looks like you have discussed overnight to push a mislynch on Thomith or me. If you really were concerned about lynching scum then you could have called out Thomith on that yesterday and given the town the opportunity to lynch scum but since you are the scum you were perfectly fine with lynching Auckmid.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

pffffft
Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Thomas »

ERROR:
That does not answer my question. Please try again.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oh I didn't even catch that question, I assumed you were talking about your "if I flipped town you would be confirmed scum" thing.

You have offered no valid excuse for any of your actions, nor for Thomith's. If you're going to call it a mislynch you should at least be able to explain how a case doesn't hold up. All you're doing is saying "You're scum (because omgus) so any case you make is a mislynch attempt".

That's really dumb.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by Thomith »

#619 oh look another show of massive content posting from thomas. This is the reason i don't think he is scum. (again i COULD be letting him slide too easily but i really think he is town for continuing to post content posts that always (usually incase i missed something) use good logic and evidence well.)

Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Hah. The people voting you right now are the two scum? Gotta try harder than that. What happened to me/F-Team? Did that just evaporate? I feel *much* better putting Thomas under pressure, because he has pretty much collapsed under it.

No, I'm not voting for you because of anything regarding your claimed PR, I'm voting for you because of your increasingly confusing play over the course of the day. @Thomith: Wild finger pointing =/= Content posting.

hahonryuu, fatlikepig, F-team tsunamic, why are you not voting right now? I know all of you have some suspects.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”