Newbie 1122 (Game Over|Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Packbat »

Oversoul wrote:I am here.

I think Stuntman's "let scum hammar!" is suspicious and a set up that he would want to use later in the day as the basis to vote someone.

Anyway, I am curious as to who will die tonight more than anything, although I fear they will go after an inactive in order to get the town down without indicating any connections. :\

If they did, they would be leaving the active-and-therefore-more-likely-to-scumhunt players alive - I would be surprised to see it, but it's possible.

Weird thing: instinctively, I'm inclined to believe Stuntman. If he goes back to BSing tomorrow, yeah, make him hang ... but voting as a trap is a towny thing to do.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Panacea »

But all of the weak cases, bad logic, backtracking and excessive AtE are not. Let's say he is telling the truth about all of this "ruse" business. You don't think there's anything suspicious about the
timing
of his vote change?
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Stuntman wrote:
my vote was not a ploy. putting him at L1 was never a ploy. i truly beleived he was scum and voted him BECAUSE HE DIDNT RESPOND. not because i was trying to get more out of him. that would of been used against his REPLACEMENT, which you decided was best to not let someone else speak.
!

Stuntman wrote:i was cheated too. my whole "gambit", the "ploy", was all to get more stuff out of smallpeople so i could use that information against him and others.

you're contradicting yourself here
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Panacea »

NumberQ, I see you! :P Get a word in before Twilight ends? :)
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Packbat »

Panacea wrote:But all of the weak cases, bad logic, backtracking and excessive AtE are not. Let's say he is telling the truth about all of this "ruse" business. You don't think there's anything suspicious about the
timing
of his vote change?

It's consistent with his purported reasons. I'll look over your response to his wall again, though.

Maruchan wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
my vote was not a ploy. putting him at L1 was never a ploy. i truly beleived he was scum and voted him BECAUSE HE DIDNT RESPOND. not because i was trying to get more out of him. that would of been used against his REPLACEMENT, which you decided was best to not let someone else speak.
!

Stuntman wrote:i was cheated too. my whole "gambit", the "ploy", was all to get more stuff out of smallpeople so i could use that information against him and others.

His vote on
smalllpeopes343
was serious; his vote on
me
was a ploy.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Packbat wrote:
Panacea wrote:But all of the weak cases, bad logic, backtracking and excessive AtE are not. Let's say he is telling the truth about all of this "ruse" business. You don't think there's anything suspicious about the
timing
of his vote change?

It's consistent with his purported reasons. I'll look over your response to his wall again, though.

Maruchan wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
!

His vote on
smalllpeopes343
was serious; his vote on
me
was a ploy.

the
too
means ALSO, he is replying to Panacea who is saying he doesn't like my vote on SMALLPEOPLES, IE: The post is related to smallpeoples.
Show
Join Now!

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by numberQ »

Panacea wrote:NumberQ, I see you! :P Get a word in before Twilight ends? :)

Yes I do, I just had to finish reading everything! : P

One thing I would like cleared up: I'm not entirely sure what this post is trying to say.

And for the record, I do agree with an SP lynch. Maybe not as quickly as the one that happened here, and maybe not with so little input from SP (though knowing his track record I'm not sure we'd get much more), but I do think this is a good lynch. Then again, I thought Vader was a good lynch too... ._.

I'm not falling for Stuntman's gambit thing. It's possible, but I'm just getting some "try a risky scumgambit then turn it into a towngambit when it falls through" vibes from it.

If SP hadn't been hammered, I would have at the very least unvoted Maru. Stuntman doesn't look good to me and all of the recent SP arguments, along with a more general sense of towniness from Maru, changed my scumlist up a little.

I didn't sleep at all last night so I'm a little tired. Not sure if I'm missing anything (I probably am) or if I make sense (I probably don't), but if you want to know anything just ask.
Hey!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [1] smallpeoples343
:!:
smallpeoples343 [4] Panacea, Packbat, Stuntman, Maruchan
:!:
Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [2] numberQ, Oversoul
Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 7 Alive it is 4 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of August, 12th, EDT.

Lynch Scene Incoming...
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hahaha... This is going just as planned.

Journal Entry #4:

Dr. RoboCopter87 was reading
"The Prince"
in his big armchair behind his one way window. He read silently, without moving any muscles except to flip the pages.

The group of people were outside discussing who to kill. He liked it. He liked having all the peoples lives in his hands. He could make any of them do what he wants. Because he planned his group to be desperate. No matter who he made the killers, they would end up
having
to kill. Even if it was against their own will. And he had proven that. Like he knew he would be able to.

His whole experiment was running perfectly. Without any obstacles so far. He was slowly reaching his goal. He would prove to all the scientists what he could do. That he wasn't a loony. He was a genius. He knew it to be true. He wasn't obsessed. He was passionate!

But suddenly, the Doctor rose from his chair and strode to the window. Which was odd because he could see through it perfectly fine from the chair.

But there was a reason for it.

You see, through all the shouting he had been counting. Counting the votes subconsciously because that's what he did. He stored data in his mind. In his counting, he noticed the number reached 4.

So he went to the window and what he saw was the group of test subject backing smallpeoples343 into a corner. Rope in hand.
Like animals!
, he thought,
This will not do!

He pressed a switch and the window fizzled into a two way window.

"Hey! Test subjects! What is this blasphemy? Are you but savages who kill for yourselves? Oh right, I made you do that. Hahaha. Anywho! You cannot kill the man like that. No no no!"

He strode from the window, while the group just stared in awe.

The Doctor unlatched his door, strode down the hall to the entrance of the Test subjects room. And entered after unlocking it.

He looked at them, they truly were savage. He drove them to the point of no return.
Perfect.
His experiment was working perfectly.

He turned to smallpeoples343. Who was crouched down in the corner, tears in his bloodshot eyes from fright. The Doctor stepped towards him.
A cornered animal is the most dangerous of all
, he reminded himself. And sure enough, when he stepped within five feet of smallpeoples343. Small jumped at the Doctor.

But the doctor was quicker, the Doctor threw his arm out and with lightning speed he flipped small over his back onto the floor and already had a gun to his head by the time small realized what had happened.

The Doctor smiled, "You must realize, my dear test subjects, that if you are going to be a scientist. You must have two things. The first is the ability to create new improved phenomenons. The second is the ability to defend you and your phenomenon from greedy jealous people."

"Now, get in cylinders. Except for you smallpeoples343. Obviously. Seeing as I'm about to kill you." The others did as they were told. Seeing as the Doctor was obviously a madman. But a madman who knew how to kill.

Once they were in the machines, the Doctor told smallpeoples343 to reveal his alignment. And smallpeoples343 boldly spoke, "Townie."

And the last things they saw before the machine put them to sleep was the Doctor deftly raise his handgun and put 7 rounds into smallpeoples343 head. 2 in his eyes. And 5 in a smile on his face.

It was the most horrific smiley face they had ever seen, some cried in right, others just shut their eyes and pretended it didn't happen.

And then they all fell asleep.

smallpeoples343,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day Two

Night lasts 72 hours. Deadline is Midnight of August 4th. If you have actions, send them in now.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Its so wierd...

Journal Entry #5:

When I get into my cylinder.

The first thing I feel is panic. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

The second feeling is a slightly painful sting in my right shoulder. Where the needle injects me.

The third feeling is worry. What if I never wake up? What if we lose this game? What happens to my family if I die.

The fourth feeling is happiness. The brief thought of my family has reminded me that though my life is not the luckiest. It is good. And that I should be grateful for my family. For my Wife. The women I met when I was 27 in a coffee shop. Then my daughter, who is nine years old. I can see her smiling face now.

But then her face slowly slips away.

And I fall, it feels realistic. Like I just fell backwards off the side of the Empire State building. I fall, not knowing when I will hit. Do you know how long it takes to fall backward off the top of the Empire State Building? Because I have no clue, and here I am. Falling. But you know, it doesn't feel that bad. I enjoy the few moments. Admiring a seagull as it flys by. I'm flying too aren't I? Well, falling a long distance to be more precise. But in these last moments, I can pretend can't I?

So I fall and fall. Right when I know I'm going to hit the ground, I spin and accept it.

And there is nothing there.

Its never ending. Its just an infinite sky. Miles long, following the building.

I fall for what seems like ages. Until I finally see the bottom. And it isn't what I expected. Its... Its... a cloud...

Then I hit it. And everything changes. I stop falling and start floating. The inside of the cloud is pitch black. Then lights appear, a light show inside the cloud.

Then Lightning strikes, I feel the lightning. I smell the burning of electricity running through my veins. I am the Lightning.

Yes.

I am the Lightning.

I'm about to happen in a split second.

I'm going to light up.

Here I go.

ZAP! The thunder rumbles inside me, and I wake up.

Back in my cylinder. There is somebody in front of me. Someone outside of my cylinder. Staring into my eyes. There eyes are blue. They are crying, why are they crying? I want to shout out to them. To hold them. Is this real or a nightmare. But alas. This is real.

They reach down and press a button. And the cylinder whirred up. They fall to the floor in tears.

I yell out to them.

"Tell my wife and daughter that I love them! I don't blame you!"

Then everything goes dark.

And I fade away. For this Thunderstorm has passed.

PackBat,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night Two

It is now Day Three. Deadline is August 26th.

|
:

Oversoul [0]
Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [0]
Panacea [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Oversoul, Stuntman, numberQ, Maruchan, Panacea

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 5 Alive it is 3 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of August, 26th, EDT.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Lylo.

Fuuuuuuuuuuccckkkk.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Packbat »

Bah!

*edits Wiki page*

Townies, avenge me!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Panacea »

Oooh, I like this flavor so much! I am confused, though, was Packbat the protagonist all along?

Great. Everyone be very careful with your votes. FoS if you have to.

Working in another game at the moment; be back later.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Panacea »

Let's skip right to business. Maruchan, explain your Smalls vote, please? Too late to do a full confirmed-Town read for Packbat, though this late in the game, I'm not sure how much it matters anyway. Will do tomorrow.

NumberQ and Oversoul, given your respective V/LA's and absences, I'd personally like a lot of analysis on your perspective of the end of D2. Thank you. :)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Maruchan »

I had been saying for about two pages before I placed the vote that I had planned on voting him. Everyone was asking why I hadn't placed my vote yet, and I had said, multiple times, that I wanted more input from stuntman before I voted. Then I went to sleep one night and woke up 12 hours later, and saw stuntman had posted, quite a bit. Part of it was to vote on stuntman, while me and oversoul had already stated we planned on voting him. I didn't like his whole "my last vote was a gambit, i never really suspected them ,I just wanted reactions, blah blah blah, -insert more BS here-". Seemed like bad play to me. So I figured I'd ho on with the vote, that I had already told everyone I was going to vote, and I voted WHEN I had already told everyone I was going to vote. I voted who and when I said I would, pages before. Stuntman just caused my vote to be a hammer rather than the L-1.

Maybe it just comes from my roots in hour-long Chat-based mafias, but I felt like D2 was long enough, so I really didn't feel we needed to wait two more weeks to vote.

Off to do my Laundry, when I get back I will iso Stuntman and his predecessors as to why I believe that position is scum.
Show
Join Now!

Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Panacea »

Stuntman, NumberQ, where are you?

Awaiting Maruchan's post.
Stuntman
Stuntman
Townie
Stuntman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Stuntman »

right on cue, i am here.
Stuntman
Stuntman
Townie
Stuntman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Stuntman »

i still have to assess the twilight posts.

for the time being,
SUPERFOS:Maruchan
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Maruchan »

Panacea wrote:Stuntman, NumberQ, where are you?

Awaiting Maruchan's post.

-coff, look up.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Maruchan »

OH you mean my stuntman post, yeah sorry me and my dad went to lunch. I'll get right on it now. :P
Show
Join Now!

Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Panacea »

Yes, though I'm kind of considering not offering anything at all until NumberQ and Oversoul have posted.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 am

Post by numberQ »

Personal opinion: Stuntman is scum. He's just the most scummy. Panacea has been, for the most part, town; Oversoul was slightly suspicious a while ago, but that wasn't that strong in the first place and he's turned it around lately, could still be scum though; Maruchan may be his scumpartner but one thing makes me wary about that (along with like I said earlier a general gut feeling that he isn't scum); obviously I know I'm town.

Stuntman made a lot of really odd posts in a short amount of time. 590 started his whole Pac/Pan crusade, along with some odd interaction with sp (one-sided interaction, but that doesn't change the oddness). He's also surprised they haven't died yet because they're IC/SE, which is tbh a terrible argument. Even if an SE hadn't died the previous night, their level of experience really means nothing in that regard. Feels like scum trying to cast suspicion on the two most widely considered town players (who also happen to be the biggest threats to scum (if they are town) due to experience). In 619 he claims that Pac/Pan are acting somehow
too town
. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's even possible. How does acting more towny make them scummy? If I am wrong and that is a scumtell, explain how please.

And then 629 explains it all as a gambit. That's pretty convenient. I also liked how you set up the person who hammered to take the fall the next day. Seriously? Don't hammer unless you're scum? What did you honestly expect to happen with that? FYI, this is the one thing I mentioned earlier that makes me wary about Maru being Stunt's scumpartner. Unless, of course, it's WIFOM and Stunt was trying to get his scumpartner Maru to not hammer. That would make his vote today and all of his anti-Maru posts bussing.

Almost everything about Stunt just rings scum to me.

Maru's hammer was too hasty. Yes, SP looked scum, and yes, I still agree that it was one of the best choices at the time. But we had two weeks to wait for small to claim, and there's absolutely no reason the hammer couldn't have waited.

Still want to know what this post means. : P

So yeah. UNVOTE: Maruchan VOTE: Stuntman
Hey!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Maruchan »

futhermore they are IC and SE, and they havent died yet.

He pushed this argument on us about ten times. There are in every Newbie Game, 2 SEs and 1 IC. His argument for half of Day 2 was that Packbat and Panacea were scum because they were still alive. However 1 SE did die, and there was only 1 night phase. now 1 SE and 1 IC have dies, and there have been two nightphases. inb4 "Panacea is scum because she is still alive and she is an SE!!!" lolno.
smallpeoples, how would you feel about a pac/pan lynch?

i know its way way way way too early, beleive me i know, but i have hunch, dont you smallpeoples? they are persecuting you together and you know your town. so dont you think they are scum?

Even though smallpeopels flipped town, I still find this little play very... off. It just doesn't feel right. It feels like he is trying to talk smallpeopels into his opinion just for the easy sheepvote.
eh, just the IRC in me.

He uses this when confronted about his impatience with replies to questions he asks. Basically he is saying "I am used to fast-paced games and so I was getting impatient." Yet now he is all over me, BECAUSE i made the game more fast-paced (read: to his liking) by voting quickly (read: like I had already said I would)
what a fitting place to stop, eh? every time i go on 1122 something comes up.

anyway, i think they are too close, or maybe because the name sounds good, still dont know. SPplz would be my ideal lynch from what i can gather now, but imo too soon. espeically with pac and pan on peoples wagon. maybe they are trying to take advt. of his play. futhermore they are IC and SE, and they havent died yet. :eek:

smallpeoples, how would you feel about a pac/pan lynch?

i know its way way way way too early, beleive me i know, but i have hunch, dont you smallpeoples? they are persecuting you together and you know your town. so dont you think they are scum?
VOTE: Packbat

As numberQ pointed out this post reads like this: "I agree, I want to lynch smallpeopls. He is my first choice to lynch. Smallpeoples don't you want to defend yourself? Smallpeoples, don't you think packbat and panacea are scummy? Its WAY TO EARLY to vote. Vote:Packbat"
i honestly just don't get the back-and-forth contradistinctions in this post. I'm used to having to point out contradictions people make in SEPERATE posts. this is a first time I have had to point out contradictions made IN THE SAME POST
@numberQ, i said i knew it was too soon to vote pac, not small. im not jumping to conclusions, i have some good arguments i said above.

He says he was saying (in the above quoted post) that his goal was to say it was TO EARLY TO VOTE PACKBAT. then goes on to vote packbat.
TOWN DO NOT QUICKHAMMER, LET SCUM DO THAT

This being said when A: his two prime suspects as scum are already voting. B: when you vote someone, its generally because, YOU THINK THEY ARE SCUM, meaning the scum partner isn't going to HAMMER on his partner.
SO basically either way, how does this work? Both scum are already on him "let scum hammer" sooo..... OR he is scum, hence the vote on him, so of course his partner won't hammer... This looks like an easy way to set up and townie who votes last to look like scum...
smallpeoples, someone who i fully beleived to be as scum (just by de facto being lurking, and now that ive looked at them Pac/Pans reasons against him)

Would these be the same reasons that you said meant Packbat and Panacea were scum? OHOHO I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING! stuntmans action so far: [stuntman impersonation]-joins game- -votes packbat- HE IS IC IF HE IS STILL ALIVE HE MUST BE SCUM -rages about packbats scummieness- -notices nobody is following his IC lynch- -jumps on the biggest bandwaggon- -townie dies- -the guy he wanted to get lynched dies that night- MY EVIL PLAN WORKED OUT PERFECTLY. [/stuntman impersonation]
i voted Packbat to illicit a response as a player did to me when replacing in my last game when she couldnt decide my allingment. then, in a mirror of what IaI did (he was mafia that game, but did this to either appear town or to manipulate me in mafias favor, kind of a win win for him regardless the turnout) i tried to get smallpeoples to agree with me on something i do not beleive in, that is choosing his persecutors (Pan/Pac) and trying to see what his reaction would be to find out a town player (assuming he was scum which i thought he was) pushing a lynch that would benefit him and scum (as atm i assumed pan was very town) and expose him. his response would impact my view of him. having pac onboard with the vote was killing two birds with one stone, making everything come together. seemed more legit when i coupled both things. i mean, no one saw through my plan, except maybe smallpeople which i doubt.

So let me get this straight. Your entire first 2-3 days in the thread everything you did was a LIE (Notice to townies: let scum do all lying, lying and gambits and tricks yourself, don't turn out well for the town). The entire thing was some master plan of yours that nobody else can understand. You expect us to go along with this? Manipulating the game according to their OWN PERSONAL AGENDAS, lying, and master plans are scum-tactics. Try not to use them as town.
which defeated the entire purpose of this and i grew tired waiting

just reinforcing my earlier "he likes things FAST then gets mad at me when I make things FAST" point.
oh btw the game is 1107, mafia won only because i lynched way way too early in lylo.

Lets NOT see a repeat performance please.
im not going to take this seriously unless you acknowledge that was a different stuntman saying those things.

A: Threatening the town with an Ultimatum. Also a scum tactic. Repeat: Do Not Use Scum Tactics As Town.
B: What is this? we have to pretend everything you said before this line was complete drivel? lolno. I will take every word you ever said in this game, at face value. don't like this? don't feed us BS to appease us.
all stuff i said about you and pac, didnt mean a thing.

I know you guys are probably tired of me repeating myself, but one more time for the luls: LYING IS A SCUM TACTIC. DO NOT LIE AS TOWN.
it was all a scam.

Town should not attempt to scam other town.
i said those things to send pac into a bit of a rage to see if he would scumtell and mainly to see how smallpeople would respond

[stuntman impersonation]"I only said what I said hoping to make the IC look bad so we could lynch him, but since he didn't make himself look bad I am willing to vote smallpeoples out of the town since it still helps my overall scum agenda"[/stuntman impersonation]
and that TOWN DO NOT thing, well imo it kind of foolproof. town wont vote town,

By this argument, the scumteam consists of: Panacea, Packbat, Stuntman, Maruchan, Oversoul, zMuffinMan, Vader. Why? all of these people at one point in the game voted a confirmed townie. The only person free of this suspicion, is numberQ. why? His vote has been on me almost the whole game. so good for him. Lets pretend this theory is 100% true, we should all at this point sheep numberQ as being the only confirmed townie.
and scum wont vote scum.

I beg of you to read This Article in its entirety. By your ploy, a scum could have hammered his scum buddy, JUST SO YOU WOULD THINK HIM AS CONFIRMED TOWNIE. wow what a ploy that would have been.
pac agrees with me, he sees its town. so i guess your calling him scum too then.

Humans can be wrong. Just because someone else doesn't see it as scummy, doesn't mean that someone else is right. People Can Be Wrong. proof of this: We lynched Vader d1, and smallpeoples d2.
i dont see how i put myself in the lime light.

Raise of hands, who here at least SLIGHTLY suspects stuntman after his gambit-filled, ploy-centered play style of yesterday? I think most of the town is raising their hands at least slightly. Thats how you got put in the limelight.
i was cheated too. my whole "gambit", the "ploy", was all to get more stuff out of smallpeople so i could use that information against him and others.

Using information against people. Sounds scummy. You could've worded this better, that is unless you were scum.
Panacea wrote: I also wanted more Stuntman... On the bright side, I doubt Tomorrow will be Lylo, but I guess we'll see soon.
gah! that is very scummy to me. you doubt tomorrow will be lylo? only scum would know for sure. please enlighten me to your doubts.

What she said was not scummy. she didn't say she was SURE today would not be lylo, she said she doubted. as we all SUSPECTED smallpeoples of being SCUM, we ALL should have DOUBTED today would be lylo. Why? If we had lynched scum yesterday, today would not be lylo.
that is no excuse not for you not to care about what I think. your confirmed town to yourself, and from my pov im confirmed town, and so if i think your scum and you should beleive your really not, scum WILL take advantage of that. bad play right their.

I really don't see how it is bad play to not care what SCUM thinks of me. Scum will target anyone they feel is more likely for them to get an easy lynch. Why would I care what scum thinks? its not like scum would really FoS me. They know who all the scum are. They only fake FoSes on town.

NOT because you were trying to get more information out of him? but three quotes ago you said you WERE trying to get more information out of him. to use against others. Or did you forget that....

Now to move on to the scummieness I saw from his predecessors, since they were the same role as him, I feel it is relevant:
Oman:
4) No I'm not. Because I'm not lucky enough to be tricking newbies :D
5) Scum. It requires less work. Honestly.

Honestly, those two lines just come across kinds iffy to me.
He posted like twice and left, the dude wasn't enjoying it/wasn't interested in the long haul. It's pretty common.

Seems like this is a trend with this role.
Packbat/Val scumpair is kinda likely.

Convenient that between the Stuntman and Oman, this role position has FoSed every dead townie so far in the game as their mane suspects.....

After this we enter a night-phase. During this nightphase, we get a night-phase extension. This means somebody with a night-action role had a question, problem, issue, or needed a replacement. Immediately following this night-phase, Oman is MiA for 3 days. He is then replaced. This would fall quite nicely into the reason the night took so long. Oman wasn't posting in his QT. His partner asked the mod to stall the night to try to find a replacement quickly. Mod stalls the nightphase. Replacement can't be found. Game continues, Oman is left in the dust, Replacement becomes necessary.
Either this is a very surprisingly well-timed COINCIDENCE, or wow that is scummy. (I don't believe in coincidences btw)

If anyone has any questions by anything I said in this post. please speak up I would be happy to clarify.

PEdit: NumberQ, not smart to vote unless you're sure
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Maruchan »

numberQ wrote:Maru's hammer was too hasty. Yes, SP looked scum, and yes, I still agree that it was one of the best choices at the time. But we had two weeks to wait for small to claim, and there's absolutely no reason the hammer couldn't have waited.

Still want to know what this post means. : P

So yeah. UNVOTE: Maruchan VOTE: Stuntman

So if we had waited, and smallpeopels had claimed Vanilla Townie, would we have all off-voted or something? What is to gained by this magical waiting game everyone keeps mentioning?

And by what I meant, I thought Panacea was trying to insinuate that my whole "if smallpeoples flips town, I am almost 100% sure numberQ is town" could be a WIFOM gambit, then my post was to point out that it is impossible. There was no way for a scum team to be sure that if you (if you were scum) were to stay OFF the main town vote, no other townie would also. My point was numberQ (you) was the ONLY player in the game to not either BE voting smallpeoples, or FoSing him, besides myself.

The fact that he flips town makes me think of you as moretown. If you were scum you would have taken advantage of the smallpeopels lynch yesterday. I believed panacea was pointing out this could be a WIFOM ploy, and mentioned post was me pointing out that WIFOMing that would have been impossible to guarantee.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Maruchan »

@Oversoul I see your name, you better step in and say something. ;)
Show
Join Now!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”