Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I don't like lying as town at all but i had the feeling going into LYLO that we had only one PR, I wanted to shut down the possibility of scum claiming it right away, when they didn't it seemed best that i claimed cop, even if i had have been caught i though i was in an ok position to talk myself out of it, the fact toasty protected me the night previous made my claim very easy, i had only to make up one result and thankfully not having pushed on toasty too much allowed for that and the suspicion on him from day 1 led to a perfect reason to say i investigated him.

Anyway, scum played a good game, it's funny that a voided / Bv team was mentioned quite a lot of times, yet it never got acted on, i feel really stupid for hammering BB but hey it happens. :D
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by verydark »

Hooray!

Great game guys, it was a pleasure!
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Very well played from the town.
#freeShotty
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Well, good game, everyone. Here's the scum QT. And I agree...town played very well. We lost mostly by process of elimination...Toasty did an excellent job of remaining hidden, and most of the VTs made it pretty clear that they were town as well.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 am

Post by verydark »

Oh cool, thanks for posting the QT. That's really interesting to see the mafia side of things.

I have to admit BV, that your buddying up to me and the BB wagon DID solidify to me that you were town. It wasn't till you claimed VT, and my jaw literally hit the keyboard.

Well played.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

*sigh*

Back to tied Mafia W/L <_<
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 am

Post by ToastyToast »

YAYYYY
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Isa »

Congratulations Verydark on getting to play until LyLo in this game...haha. I've followed a few of the other players from 1109 (you, Otolia and Bulvious) and it's cool to see you win this time around.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:05 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Wow SRG I'm so glad you were obvtown or else idk what would've happened. U r definitely mvp for that gambit.

Anyways, I caught the scum-team early. WHy wasn't I killed? Hid that well?

player evaluations:
Kad: You lurked and pretty much asked for that lynch
Haze: Sucks that you got killed N1, but if anything that just shows that you were a threat. Definitely have potential
BBmolla:I feel like you are a little too self-defeatist. The solution to getting out of a lynch is to fight back/make cases/defend, not just let everyone gang up on you. I think once you get out of that mindset you'll be a better player. I basically cleared you because I knew you had come from another site, but that doesn't work all the time.
zMuffinMan: Great replacement. Newbie camp graduate.
bvoigt: I know your IC so don't really need this, but i feel like if you were more active/detailed with your cases it would have been much harder to see you as scum. Coming to voided's defense didn't help
ToastyToast: Sexy
VoidedMafia: That whole "I'd lynch me" thing was very strange, but you did well to survive until lylo after replacing into a scummy slot. You also stuck to your guns/didn't get wishy-washy with your cases
SomeRandomGuy: YAYYY we wonnn! Another newbie camp graduate.
verydark: You can say some scummy things, but ultimately my actions should've cleared you. I also thought you were WAY townier than voided and bv
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Nice feedback Toasty and thanks.

I think for me I need to work on getting my suspicions right, most of the game i spent going after the wrong people ^_^

To add to the comments on BB: If you had started the way you got toward the mid / end of the game you'd have likely avoided a lot of the situations you were in, deffinite upping of your game as the time went on, which is good :)
-=-
Scum 1-1

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

Post by BBmolla »

Good game guys.

I finally got the mindset of the game and how exactly it should work midway, which was the change some were talking about. However, by the time I realized how I should be playing I was already up for the lynch. Thanks for the game guys, I still had a great time playing and watching it till the end.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:06 am

Post by BBmolla »

Also, SRG that was an insanely awesome play at the end there.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 am

Post by verydark »

BB, sorry about that tunneling...if it's worth anything, I did learn my lesson.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:08 am

Post by BBmolla »

It's fine, I was scummy and you thought I was scummy so you lead upon who you thought was scum. Too much confidence is better than not enough imo.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 am

Post by ToastyToast »

BTW, my name's coming up soon for my first modded game (open que). If anyone is interested, I will be doing a mayo clinic setup. Its a setup where everyone is a PR. Let me know!

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 am

Roles

Kad-VT
Haze-VT
BBmolla-VT
zMuffinMan-VT
bvoigt-Mafia RC
ToastyToats- Jail Keeper
VoidedMafia- Mafia Goon
SomeRandomGuy- VT
VeryDark- VT

Ok so here is my feed back. First I will rank you all from who I felt played the best, to who played the worst.

Good to Less Good(No one is bad) List

1. ToastyToast
2. SomeRandomGuy
3. zMuffinMan
4. VeryDark
5. VoidedMafia
6. Haze
7. BBmolla
8. bvoigt
9. Kad

Things You Could Improve On

ToastyToast

I've never, or at least I don't remember ever playing with you as mafia so I warn you of this. You play a very good game as town. One of the best I've ever seen. Most people struggle to play well as town at all. So here's my warning. When playing as mafia, make sure you play just like this. Otherwise people will kill you with your conflicting town meta. Other than that I don't really see anything, and I am in no way in a place to criticize you. Good Game sir.

SRG

Very nice way of pulling off that win. That was very smart indeed. I do have a thing or two to say though. There were a few moments in which I was not sure that if I was playing I wouldn't have thought of you as scummy. You remind me a lot of ThAdmeral. Take that as you will. It's more play style then actual play. Good Game sir.

zMuf

I liked you in this game, and I understand why they chose to NK you. That cop move was brilliant, but a bit risky. I think you are an excellent player. That being said, the reason you are at #3 is because random.org choose SRG before it chose you :p. I feel you, SRG, and ToastyToast did a fairly equal amazing job in this game, and the town owes this win to you three.

VeryDark

You look to me like an above average player. You are smart, and you play the game well. I didn't see anything wrong with your play in this game at all. The only reason you are at #4 is that I didn't see much that was amazing about your play either.

VoidedMafia

Be a tad less obvious :p. You weren't that bad, but when it came to lylo there was no way you weren't scum. I feel a few of your NKs could have been better. Mainly the one on Haze. Why?

BBmolla

You are good, not great yet, but good. Work on your reads, and work on building solid, not cluttered cases I believe one day very soon you will be great.

bvoigt

I will go ahead and say it. I was very disappointed with you this game. I don't feel that you for filled your IC responsibilities. On the teaching aspect, I believe that Toasty did more, and did better than you did. You kind of lurked at times. No IC, or even player should do that. If you would like a copy of the review of you that I sent to Vel I will send it to you via PM. On the player side, I still was disappointed. I felt that you let Voided down. You were very obv scum and didn't even try to not be. Your play was weak and not committed. I'm sorry I am saying this, but it is the truth. I think the only reason this game lasted until lylo is because you were hiding behind newbies newbieness and calling it scum. Also, you NKs. Voided may not know better, but you man. Why?

Kad

Work on a lot man. Stick with it and you'll get it.
#freeShotty
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am

Post by bvoigt »

verydark wrote:I have to admit BV, that your buddying up to me and the BB wagon DID solidify to me that you were town. It wasn't till you claimed VT, and my jaw literally hit the keyboard.

Isn't it hard to type with your face two inches away from the keys? :cop:

ToastyToast wrote:Anyways, I caught the scum-team early. WHy wasn't I killed? Hid that well?

To me, at least, it seemed like you were our only chance at getting a third mislynch.

I'm not sure if I'm going to IC another game. It's just not really my "thing." But I do like the Newbie setup, so I'll probably SE my next game. Toasty, on the other hand, would make an excellent IC. However, here are some last comments and words of advice:

Kad- One of the most important parts of playing town is making yourself appear town. It does no good to call the scumteam if you lurk, don't make cases, and get lynched. Make sure you read the thread carefully, and answer all questions that are directed toward you.

Haze, SRG, Muffin- Keep up the good work.

BB- I really feel like you have potential. Just don't give up when you're close to being lynched...it's really not any worse to be lynched in LyLo than it is on Day 2. If you give up, there is no chance of lynching scum. If you fight against your lynch, it still might be you, but it could also be scum.

Toasty- Not to make it sound like sour grapes, but I still think the "links" between me and Voided were mostly confirmation bias. :wink:

Voided- I'm sorry, man. I said I would send in the RoleCop for Night 2, and then I somehow completely forgot. Totally my fault...I could have warned you that SRG was actually a VT.

Verydark- Glad you learned your lesson. You're definitely a solid player, but just need to work on tunnelvision.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 am

Post by bvoigt »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
bvoigt

I will go ahead and say it. I was very disappointed with you this game. I don't feel that you for filled your IC responsibilities. On the teaching aspect, I believe that Toasty did more, and did better than you did. You kind of lurked at times. No IC, or even player should do that. If you would like a copy of the review of you that I sent to Vel I will send it to you via PM. On the player side, I still was disappointed. I felt that you let Voided down. You were very obv scum and didn't even try to not be. Your play was weak and not committed. I'm sorry I am saying this, but it is the truth. I think the only reason this game lasted until lylo is because you were hiding behind newbies newbieness and calling it scum. Also, you NKs. Voided may not know better, but you man. Why?

I would like to see the review, if you don't mind.

What more do you feel I needed to teach about? I disagree that I lurked, except at the end of Day 3 when I was V/LA; this will be my 81st post. Verydark had 56.

And saying that I "didn't even try to not be obv scum" is clearly false. I did my best, and the fact that both mislynches were newbies were just because they were the only players who were acting scummy enough to get strung up. I also had "suspicions" of Toasty, so it's not like I was just picking on the new players. As far as the NKs go, Voided and I both agreed on them, and you can see our reasoning in the QT.

Toasty jailkept verydark Night 1, right? Why did I get a "No Result" PM for him? The role PM says that any actions performed on him except Kills will still resolve. Also, I would advise you to wait to send the result PM until just after day starts...you sent it out when it was still Night 1, IIRC. This cut off our discussion time, because I didn't want to post again in the QT and possibly reveal my result unfairly.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@drshotty: Thanks :). I have good games and bad games, generally because I turn very scummy if I get frustrated at a player. I've only been scum once and didn't last very long, so thanks! Oh, and I played my first game in The Master Hand hydra. You were in that C9 game as an SK

@bv:Yes, I was incredibly biased. But it worked :P

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
VoidedMafia

Be a tad less obvious :p. You weren't that bad, but when it came to lylo there was no way you weren't scum. I feel a few of your NKs could have been better. Mainly the one on Haze. Why?

Meh, just some last-minute banter. That, and I couldn't think of any plans to get me out of Lylo with the assumed setup (Cop+JK). When TT did flip JK, I kinda felt like the game was up.

As for Haze, that was because he wasn't going to garner a lot of suspicion, nor did he do a whole lot to get people's attetion. It's the kind of play that benefits from a NK for scum, but doesn't get anywhere with a lynch.

bvoigt wrote:Voided- I'm sorry, man. I said I would send in the RoleCop for Night 2, and then I somehow completely forgot. Totally my fault...I could have warned you that SRG was actually a VT.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

AARRRRGH! I COULD'VE USED THAT! Could've pinned the blame on SRG or something, claimed cop, and/or actually not NK and get away with mislynching verydark.

Funny note: In all games except two, I've had to carry the scumteam, for some inane reason. (Two exceptions: Tasky's game, where both TS and I were active, and CCM, cuz I died D1)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I was indeed waiting for something to be said regarding my fake claim, it was risky, I had even asked Dry to confirm when the results were given (eg. at the end of the night phase or during) and got told during, which of course made it much more risky. had you not shot and killed Toasty or myself that night phase I had planned to come clean, i''d have confirmed myself as i could have shot TT that night and pretended to get a guilty on you and won if i were indeed scum. It's why i was trying to talk you into a confession. Liklihood is even without a kill you'd have been lynched anyway even though i would not have given a fake result. I'd just say: Don't consider it over until the last second.

Anyway thanks for the feedback guys! and i really enjoyed this game :)
-=-
Scum 1-1

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Voidedmafia wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Voided- I'm sorry, man. I said I would send in the RoleCop for Night 2, and then I somehow completely forgot. Totally my fault...I could have warned you that SRG was actually a VT.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

AARRRRGH! I COULD'VE USED THAT! Could've pinned the blame on SRG or something, claimed cop, and/or actually not NK and get away with mislynching verydark.

I know, right? So stupid.

Well, I hope at least a couple of you aren't angry at me. If you have any last questions, just let me know.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

ToastyToast wrote:@drshotty: Thanks :). I have good games and bad games, generally because I turn very scummy if I get frustrated at a player. I've only been scum once and didn't last very long, so thanks! Oh, and I played my first game in The Master Hand hydra. You were in that C9 game as an SK

@bv:Yes, I was incredibly biased. But it worked :P

Thought so :p
You and Andy :)
#freeShotty
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 am

Post by bvoigt »

Toasty, who'd you jailkeep Night 1? Shotty says it was me, but I thought you said verydark.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I should have had more of a presence d2. oh well
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”